SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is it not Professor Jason Leitch, the National Clinical Director that’s making these decisions, as opposed to the First minister who’s approval rating is going through the roof due to her handling of the crisis? 

The thing is if the lower league clubs wanted to start training they likely would be allowed. 

What would be the point of Hearts and others taking their players off furlough if we are not playing until October ? 

If we win reinstatement we will need to be allowed a few weeks to get some pre season training in. 

People are just making themselves look silly by trying to score nonsensical political points over every small thing. 

Should be concentrating our efforts in campaigning to get the governance in Scottish football changed for the better. 

Edited by luckydug

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, bigdav said:

Met him once when he was secretary of duddingston golf club. Complete prick.

Indeed chief,last time I saw him he was the the starter on the 1st tee at the Dudddingston Open a few years back
.I knew Kevan and Max when we were kids,they lived at Christiemiller Avenue and were harmless enough.
Celticky minded no doubt and Kevan ,Im sure,is a newspaper hack somewhere.
Shows how piss poor that organisation are to consult his views regardless.....

While Im here,when is this fecking arbitration process under way ? is it this week sometime ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don’t mind people seeing this from a different viewpoint to ours but wtf does Terry Christie really know about any of it? And how many million years is it since he worked in the game properly?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The thing is if the lower league clubs wanted to start training they likely would be allowed. 

What would be the point of Hearts and others taking their players off furlough if we are not playing until October ? 

If we win reinstatement we will need to be allowed a few weeks to get some pre season training in. 

People are just making themselves look silly by trying to score nonsensical political points over every small thing. 

Should be concentrating our efforts in campaigning to get the governance in Scottish football changed for the better. 

Exactly. If we are reinstated then the season can start but ours could be delayed by a few weeks easily, like when teams ask for a week off to play friendlies. 

20 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Must be, Lord Clark did indicate that it should proceed  fairly imminently after being moved from the CoS

Lord Clark mentioned the 15/16 July as a date he could set aside to hear the case. To me that’s an indication that he expected and was told by the SPFL QC it could be done by then. You have to assume it’s being planned in secret And we’re up to date with and have agreed when it will be sitting. Otherwise we ought to be seriously thinking about forcing it back to court.

Auld Reekin'
51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Krankies are Unionists 😂

Apologies I shouldn't bite. 

Let's stick to Hearts it's the one thing that unites us👍

You don't say?   :o

That would seem to make it even less likely that they she has the degree of influence over the Scottish Government that tcjambo appears to think she has...   :whistling:  :mw_rolleyes:

Hearts? Yeah. we could discuss them I suppose. D'you think it'd catch-on though?   :huh:

37 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

he agreed with Dick :)   From the Hearts Statement:

It was a pitiful dig at us over that short sentence.  Just because there is a conflict of interest you could say, we are not directly disputing with the 3 promoted clubs.  The sole argument is how the solution to end the season came about and ended.

I haven't listened to Sportsound for months. Given that it months, there must have been some amount of discussion about how the resolution was arrived at and the QC opinion that it would attract litigation. It appeArs there is an appetite to pick up on any minor issue re what the two clubs publish but not the same appetite to dissect SPFL comms and action. I mean, did they even question why a man earning 400k would only be interviewed by the hugely unqualified? (Gordon and, well, Currie)

Edited by Riccarton3

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

Papers must be scraping the barrel for bad news stories on hearts now.  Having to dig up some ancient complete nobody to have a go at us :lol:

It’s his second article in recent weeks believe it or not too. 
Literally incredible :lol: hasn’t been involved in the game since the 80’s and is just some hibs mouthpiece that dying paper keeps trotting out. 
I hadn’t heard Gary McSwegan say barely a thing about football since he left us years ago either but one the papers managed to get a negative story out of him an all. 
It’s pretty bizarre. 

Maybe they can ask Roddy McDonald what he thinks of the redundancies at Hibs lately? 
It’s about as relevant tbh. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Terry taught me Chemistry in the early 70s at Forrester High before he fecked off to pastures new. His leanings are towards the tramps I seem to recall. At a teachers v pupils match he went through me in a 50/50. We won and he wasn't chuffed, mind you we had Arthur Albiston and Tam Hendry in our team....

We got on very well. 

But he is talking pish here.

Who did AA support, jonno?

Wondered about that since his Man U days and noticed that he was from Edinburgh.

jambo-in-furness
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Immune now to opinions all that counts now are the Judges.

Far too sensible to be on here,  but it’s where I’m getting to now,  this nightmare has lasted far too long.

jack D and coke
Just now, martoon said:

Who did AA support, jonno?

Wondered about that since his Man U days and noticed that he was from Edinburgh.

Jonno might know different but sure I read he was a hearts fan somewhere years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

You don't say?   :o

That would seem to make it even less likely that they she has the degree of influence over the Scottish Government that tcjambo appears to think she has...   :whistling:  :mw_rolleyes:

Hearts? Yeah. we could discuss them I suppose. D'you think it'd catch-on though?   :huh:

😂👍

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Jonno might know different but sure I read he was a hearts fan somewhere years ago. 

Cheers jack. 

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

Papers must be scraping the barrel for bad news stories on hearts now.  Having to dig up some ancient complete nobody to have a go at us :lol:

It's gone beyond parody now. 

No pint even getting annoyed by it, wear it as a badge of honour now 👍

17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Lord Clark mentioned the 15/16 July as a date he could set aside to hear the case. To me that’s an indication that he expected and was told by the SPFL QC it could be done by then. You have to assume it’s being planned in secret And we’re up to date with and have agreed when it will be sitting. Otherwise we ought to be seriously thinking about forcing it back to court.

It still puzzles me why it can go back to court.Lord Clark stated that he had to let it go to Arbritation as per SFA rules etc.At the same time said it could be taken back to court if the Arbritation process was taking too long to set up.Seems a bit contradictory to me.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Jambo Mac said:

It still puzzles me why it can go back to court.Lord Clark stated that he had to let it go to Arbritation as per SFA rules etc.At the same time said it could be taken back to court if the Arbritation process was taking too long to set up.Seems a bit contradictory to me.

I think that's just a threat if either party try to delay the arbitration in any way (eg by objecting to the selected arbitrators, or failing to submit the evidence requested)

Just now, Jambo Mac said:

Sure he said ‘if both parties agree’ it can go back to him.  Surely though, if feet are being dragged on this there’s a case for us insisting the court hear it or grant interdict to stop the season starting. It’s already down to the wire for us as far as training and signing players is concerned 

colinmaroon

Kenny Dalglish hits the nail on the head in a some ways reasonable piece.

The great "fear" is, if Hearts and Thistle win and their expulsion is reversed  "Oh dear me! What if the titles awarded are annulled?"

There is the underlying reason for all this, Celtic's 8 and 3/4 in a row.

Diadora Van Basten

I wouldn’t be surprised if Yogi was in the do no harm camp as he knocks about with John Collins and is actually ok.

With regards to Terry Christie a former girlfriend who went to Musselburgh Grammar told me that her and her friends went to school One day all dolled up and he called them into his office. She said they were expecting a telling off for not wearing proper school uniform and instead he told them they were a credit to the school. 

Bazzas right boot

They'll be digging up the graves of deceased Hearts players soon and interviewing the remains. 

Player x silence speaks volumes when asked about league reconstruction. 

Say nothing if you agree with Bill Leckie... 

Hearts legend, Player x agrees with Leckie, "it's all Hertz fault and we should just move on!" 

The media is a busted flush in the UK. 

Propaganda for whoever pays for it, the BBC shouldn't be tho, they're a disgrace from everything from politics through to sport. 

10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The great "fear" is, if Hearts and Thistle win and their expulsion is reversed  "Oh dear me! What if the titles awarded are annulled?"

Not part of our petition, case to arbitration.

Someone else would have to take that forward in the event that our 'no promotion and no relegation' element of our case was upheld.

What is also lost is that our primary case is that relegation is overturned with no promotion / relegation secondary.

Edited by DETTY29

39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s his second article in recent weeks believe it or not too. 
Literally incredible :lol: hasn’t been involved in the game since the 80’s and is just some hibs mouthpiece that dying paper keeps trotting out. 
I hadn’t heard Gary McSwegan say barely a thing about football since he left us years ago either but one the papers managed to get a negative story out of him an all. 
It’s pretty bizarre. 

Maybe they can ask Roddy McDonald what he thinks of the redundancies at Hibs lately? 
It’s about as relevant tbh. 

:lol: agreed.

Its getting ridiculous now.  They may as well just stand in the street and stop random folk 'excuse me, you got anything negative you'd like to say about Hearts?' 

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

He used to manage Meadowbank Thistle and latterly Alloa. 

He managed these jobs while

trousering his not insignificant salary as Head teacher at Musselburgh High. 

While the teachers and pupils were working and studying at school Terry was off work early to take training and travel all over Scotland to midweek away games. Nice work if you can get it probably earned more cash than most of the Premier league managers. 

No wonder he didn't want to manage a big team. 

My stepson did a six week placement at Musselburgh High when training to be a teacher. Needless to say he didn't meet Mr Christie once. 

cheers 

If we were to achieve a win from the arbitration,    either reinstatement or a significant sum in compensation,    I'm particularly looking forward to the views of the 'Hearts should shut up / take your medicine' gang.     Do they continue to insist that we should have shut up and should have taken our medicine,   or do they suddenly realise the clear implication arising from the decision?    That we were right not to shut up.    Right to avoid the medicine cabinet.

Insisting that we should not have fought this fight,   in the event of us winning the fight,   would surely be the most spectacular thing.     I wonder if self awareness will cut through the disappointment.

Harry Potter
37 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Thats his fear nothing to do with hearts relegation fight, so opinion counts for nothing.

Bazzas right boot

My hope is that in worse case we"only" get money for our lost games under restriction of trade as the resolution was passed before the fixture list was reduced. 

In that case at least we only pay our costs. 

I'm hoping that's the worse case scenerio for us. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If we were to achieve a win from the arbitration,    either reinstatement or a significant sum in compensation,    I'm particularly looking forward to the views of the 'Hearts should shut up / take your medicine' gang.     Do they continue to insist that we should have shut up and should have taken our medicine,   or do they suddenly realise the clear implication arising from the decision?    That we were right not to shut up.    Right to avoid the medicine cabinet.

Insisting that we should not have fought this fight,   in the event of us winning the fight,   would surely be the most spectacular thing.     I wonder if self awareness will cut through the disappointment.

If we do win our case it would be nice for it to be acknowledged that we did the right thing, but the narrative will most likely be that Hearts bought/bribed/threatened the arbitration panel and everybody else involved, and should still get a big fine/points deduction/kicked out the league for daring to rock the boat in the first place. 

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

If we do win our case it would be nice for it to be acknowledged that we did the right thing, but the narrative will most likely be that Hearts bought/bribed/threatened the arbitration panel and everybody else involved, and should still get a big fine/points deduction/kicked out the league for daring to rock the boat in the first place. 

It may well be but it's a spectacularly bogus argument.      Anyone of logic would ask themselves if they would view a decision that Hearts lose the case as being correct.   If they do believe that would be correct then the implication is that the arbiters are people capable of making the correct decision.    If it goes Hearts' way then,   using the same logic,   it must be correct.    People would have to admit Hearts were in the right,   if they're honest.

Applying selective faith in the abilities of the arbiters would be lunacy.    I'm looking forward to seeing it.

33 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Concentration would be on the negative aspects of a positive decision for both clubs. Anyone looking  for an acknowledgment or recognition that the correct outcome had been arrived at would be disappointed. I'd put my house on that.

Edited by Riccarton3

Colonel Kurtz
3 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

If we win we should insist on a formal apology from the SPFL. 

Kind words butter no parsnips

13 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Kind words butter no parsnips

That apology should acknowledge that the SPFL conducted absolutely everything wrong; their guidance to the clubs, insisting no money could be advanced, their directors bullying clubs to vote yes, the nonsense vote itself, their negotiations with Nelms afterwards, their underhand attempt at reconstruction, then the indicative vote. Corrupt from start to finish. After the apology then we can ask for a vote of no confidence in the whole board, top to bottom. In one go we could oust the whole Lawwell clique for the good of the game.  

5 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Any timeline for next week yet? 

They will be waiting for us to organise and complete our 'charity' walk to Hampden...got to make sure the bills can be paid to the lawyers after all

The apology should consist of

Neil Doncaster, "Here's my unconditional resignation."

Shifty McGrifty, see above.

The rest of them, also see above.

53 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It may well be but it's a spectacularly bogus argument.      Anyone of logic would ask themselves if they would view a decision that Hearts lose the case as being correct.   If they do believe that would be correct then the implication is that the arbiters are people capable of making the correct decision.    If it goes Hearts' way then,   using the same logic,   it must be correct.    People would have to admit Hearts were in the right,   if they're honest.

Applying selective faith in the abilities of the arbiters would be lunacy.    I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Sorry,  perhaps you were thinking of sensible and logical people. I was thinking of Hibs.net.😄

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Not to mention "taking our medicine" from match officials!

46 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

If we win we should insist on a formal apology from the SPFL. 

And all the clubs who failed to act in the utmost good faith towards three fellow member clubs.

I'm looking forward to the statement Ann puts out if we do win.  Vindicating our actions, proving that the SPFL and certain clubs acted unlawfully, when if they had done the right thing from the outset, this whole mess could have been avoided.  Calling out the press and certain club Chairmen who peddled the narrative that we were the bad guys in all this.  Then concluding with a GIRFUY!

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

And all the clubs who failed to act in the utmost good faith towards three fellow member clubs.

I'm looking forward to the statement Ann puts out if we do win.  Vindicating our actions, proving that the SPFL and certain clubs acted unlawfully, when if they had done the right thing from the outset, this whole mess could have been avoided.  Calling out the press and certain club Chairmen who peddled the narrative that we were the bad guys in all this.  Then concluding with a GIRFUY!

I hope we quietly accept the win and go back to focussing on the football. Leave it to others to dish out the recriminations amongst themselves, and there would be plenty of those going about

If we win the papers will still go on about it being all our fault for bringing Scottish football to it's  knees.  We Should have just accepted it from the beginning.  The game will be in turmoil and some clubs will never forgive us for showing how corrupt our game is.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

It was a long time ago  but I seem to remember he had leanings towards Rangers but he didn't dislike the Hearts and I think his brother George supported Hibs. They lived in Carrick Knowe (Broomside Terrace) near Union Park.

But Arthur played every Saturday for the school in the morning and Salvesen in the afternoon, as did I. He did a bit better than me :lol:

At Carrick Knowe primary, Arthur was initially a left winger, then he became a sweeper at Forrester before he became a left back. Loved a tackle.

He went to Man U when he was very young (possibly at 16). 

Met him at Man Utd hospitality, lovely guy and had nout but good things to say about Hearts

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Any timeline for next week yet? 

Yep, expected to start midnight tonight and will drag on until late next Sunday night. 

Seaside jambo
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

He used to manage Meadowbank Thistle and latterly Alloa. 

He managed these jobs while

trousering his not insignificant salary as Head teacher at Musselburgh High. 

While the teachers and pupils were working and studying at school Terry was off work early to take training and travel all over Scotland to midweek away games. Nice work if you can get it probably earned more cash than most of the Premier league managers. 

No wonder he didn't want to manage a big team. 

My stepson did a six week placement at Musselburgh High when training to be a teacher. Needless to say he didn't meet Mr Christie once. 

Was assistant head master at portobello high school when I was there in the early 70s, and played with Stirling Albion .

Seen him at tynnie when jambos played them in the cup one year 

buzzbomb1958
30 minutes ago, RENE said:

If we win the papers will still go on about it being all our fault for bringing Scottish football to it's  knees.  We Should have just accepted it from the beginning.  The game will be in turmoil and some clubs will never forgive us for showing how corrupt our game is.

Don't give a feck

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

It was a long time ago  but I seem to remember he had leanings towards Rangers but he didn't dislike the Hearts and I think his brother George supported Hibs. They lived in Carrick Knowe (Broomside Terrace) near Union Park.

But Arthur played every Saturday for the school in the morning and Salvesen in the afternoon, as did I. He did a bit better than me :lol:

At Carrick Knowe primary, Arthur was initially a left winger, then he became a sweeper at Forrester before he became a left back. Loved a tackle.

He went to Man U when he was very young (possibly at 16). 

Cheers for taking the time, jonno. He was always a favourite of mine as a late 1970's kid because of the Edinburgh thing. 

Edit: I had to check, as i thought it might be my memory playing tricks, but he played for Dundee. 1989/90. Only 10 games, though. 

Edited by martoon

brunoatemyhamster
36 minutes ago, RENE said:

Bonus! 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )