SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Exactly, why not ask Mellon for his opinion it, keeping in mind what happened at Tranmere? 

Dundee Utd are hiding and letting two supporters do all their running for them. 

they have 2 fans 🤔

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Sometimes you need some folk with a contrary view and to let it play out. 

be boring on here otherwise

And sometimes you need to be allowed to call a hibs ***** for being a hibs *****.

Life’s a bitch.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Same sportsound that has former hearts players managers and even current manager on the show once or twice every week at least.  Nae bother.  They’re clearly against us.  That’s why the club and Neilson told them to ram the chance of being on the show today of course. As well as Levein has told them to beat it the six or seven times he’s been invited on the show since he finally left.  Or maybe no. 

Yes that's the one, the one with Richard Gordon etc sneering and laughing at our every stance.

You're talking absolute shit, no Hearts man could have listened to it over the last couple of months and not heard it for themselves.

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Wooosh. If they'd allowed everyone to get back to training with a view to starting in August and not just made it for the top league then maybe things would be more positive. And how is having a go at a dentist who ****ing loves himself political. 

And maybe they wouldn't.

He was a dentist, and then became a doctor, which is a pretty decent set of qualifications in my book.

10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

And sometimes you need to be allowed to call a hibs ***** for being a hibs *****.

Life’s a bitch.

Check the state of her :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes that's the one, the one with Richard Gordon etc sneering and laughing at our every stance.

You're talking absolute shit, no Hearts man could have listened to it over the last couple of months and not heard it for themselves.

Gordons a wank.  Get over it.   He laughs and sneers at his ain shite I would guess.  He’s the presenter and not the main base of the show in general.  

The show in general is extremely balanced with the majority of every pundit or guest being in our favour that what has happened is a scandal.  It’s had Tom English fighting our cause daily ex managers players on it all the time.

Like I said, if Sportsound or the BBC had any agenda completely against HMFC Robbie would have told them today to ram it, Hearts would have advised Robbie not to go on.  Robbie was on it and was completely comfortable with everyone there was no feeling at all there’s anti Hearts shit going on.  Just because they have a couple of weapons like Chic Young and Willie Miller kicking about doesn’t set the narrative, the guests they have on daily do as well as giving Leslie Deans a platform to air his views a couple of times.  If there was an agenda then that wouldn’t be the case.  

If you want to get angry about the fact Gordon is a prick then you miss all the good coverage and the good interviews and opinions of good hearts men.  Just forget the boy as an irrelevance and the shows actually decent daily in our favour. 

Edited by Last Laff

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Gordons a wank.  Get over it.   He laughs and sneers at his ain shite I would guess.  He’s the presenter and not the main base of the show in general.  

The show in general is extremely balanced with the majority of every pundit or guest being in our favour that what has happened is a scandal.  It’s had Tom English fighting our cause daily ex managers players on it all the time.

Like I said, if Sportsound or the BBC had any agenda completely against HMFC Robbie would have told them today to ram it, Hearts would have advised Robbie not to go on.  Robbie was on it and was completely comfortable with everyone there was no feeling at all there’s anti Hearts shit going on.  Just because they have a couple of weapons like Chic Young and Willie Miller kicking about doesn’t set the narrative, the guests they have on daily do as well as giving Leslie Deans a platform to air his views a couple of times.  If there was an agenda then that wouldn’t be the case.  

If you want to get angry about the fact Gordon is a prick then you miss all the good coverage and the good interviews and opinions of good hearts men.  Just forget the boy as an irrelevance and the shows actually decent daily in our favour. 

You're now at the stage of "ignore the bias against us and you'll see there's no bias against us"

Try and convince someone else, I just lost interest. 

39 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I've no doubt Hugh Pennington does indeed also know what a virus is, but it should be remembered that he is in fact a professor of bacteriology and therefore not necessarily one of the country's leading authorities on viruses either...

Indeed but what are Krankie's qualifications?

ToadKiller Dog

Dick "send him back "Gordon as host should really be neutral and he hasn't been ,his attempts to get experts to say Hearts/Partick are doomed over the last month have stood out and usually been fruitless .

,but in the bigger scheme of things he isn't important ,the ex judges won't be judging on his opinion .

That said his attitude may well have had influence towards the way non hearts supporters see the issue .The media should really think are they encouraging the club v club false narrative. 

Tom English isn't fighting our corner he just has a more open and sensible take on the issue  like Mccann and others who don't have a horse in the race ..

doctor jambo
9 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Indeed but what are Krankie's qualifications?

None, but she is well advised and our rates are much lower as a result.

penninggton was a doddery old git when I was at Aberdeen Uni in the 90’s . Found fame with E. coli 0157 and has clung on to his “fame “ ever since .

leitch knows his apples 

13 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

penninggton was a doddery old git when I was at Aberdeen Uni in the 90’s . Found fame with E. coli 0157 and has clung on to his “fame “ ever since .

leitch knows his apples 

This isn't just about lower rates. The differences in infection rate in Scotland and England are tiny besides which there are plenty reasons why they should be lower in Scotland anyway.It's also about the unseen consequences of keeping people in lockdown, civil liberties and taking reasonable decisions in the interest of maximum utility.

Edited by tcjambo

Phil D. Corners
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

100% of clubs were fed bullsit. 81% of them bought it. However 19% of them  seen through the bullshit peddled by the donkey. He’s fooling no one with his rhetoric and if he repeats it often enough, then maybe he’ll convince himself and the other sheep that it was a done deal. The 19% however know otherwise. 

Fed 100% bullshit yes. But 81% (except dundee) voted the best way for their club. 

Who could blame them. 

I blame the SPFL for the dodgy resolution, I don’t blame the clubs in the way voted. 

And I’m fully with hearts to point this out. 

Diadora Van Basten

Did anyone catch Cosgrove claiming that Hearts fans are offended about everything. He’s a slimy toad.

9 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Fed 100% bullshit yes. But 81% (except dundee) voted the best way for their club. 

Who could blame them. 

I blame the SPFL for the dodgy resolution, I don’t blame the clubs in the way voted. 

You can add Inverness and paradoxically Hibs to that.

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Did anyone catch Cosgrove claiming that Hearts fans are offended about everything. He’s a slimy toad.

Sounds like it's getting under his skin. I think the expelled/relegated talk did the same thing. All good.

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

This is a guy that was offended by Gretna climbing through the leagues.  The fat gormless oaf is best ignored. 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In what way was it sloppy and unnecessary? It was actually the crux of the matter.

The words "further division" seem to be admitting that we're causing division  - which  as you, me and others on here have been agreeing, is not what our petition is aiming to do.  Just my opinion, Ethan.   The C3 trying to drum up financial  support from other clubs may well be in contravention to SPFL rules - or at least contrary to the spirit of them. Why not just leave it at that ?  

Seymour M Hersh
31 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

leitch knows his apples 

Wonderful but how is he with epidemiology? 

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hibs supporters complain daily about Sportsound being pro-Hearts, just saying.

Hibs supporters hate us, of course they're saying that. No one else is coming out with it though, its such obvious bullshit.

Brave Hearts
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Sportsound has our manager and Neil McCann on today.  Last week all the headlines where Robbie the former Dundee Utd manager saying us getting demoted was completely unfair, as Craig Gordon said for days when he signed and and has Stevie Naismith for a couple of days this week.  But aye, the media are completely against us in some people’s fantasy world.  

But aye, one week of pro-jambos views on Sportsound against 3 months of anti-jambos rhetoric on Sportsound.

But aye, the media are NOT completely against us in some people’s fantasy world .......

Seymour M Hersh
59 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

And maybe they wouldn't.

He was a dentist, and then became a doctor, which is a pretty decent set of qualifications in my book.

He's a dental surgeon he didn't become a doctor after being a dentist. Mind you I'm not sure if he practiced his speciality since 2007. 

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Who could blame them. 

Using the information they were given, with some info it seems being omitted.

17 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He’s a Wenker -  plain and simple

Edited by 1971fozzy

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Some folk including in the media really are approaching this like we're just not accepting relegation. Like we just got normal relegation. 

Every single Hearts fan would have accepted relegation and most were probably already resigned to it.We're not accepting regelation because of a rushed and possibly dodgy voting process that may or may not be illegal.

Edited by ToqueJambo

52 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You're now at the stage of "ignore the bias against us and you'll see there's no bias against us"

Try and convince someone else, I just lost interest. 

Sound 👍

5 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

But aye, one week of pro-jambos views on Sportsound against 3 months of anti-jambos rhetoric on Sportsound.

But aye, the media are NOT completely against us in some people’s fantasy world .......

Hows it one week? :lol: Levein was on last weekend as was Elvis.  Hearts are well represented on Sportsound week in, week out.  Get over it, there’s no bias.  Just a couple of throbbers with a different opinion because they’re too thick to actually read into facts.  

Guest ToqueJambo
43 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hibs supporters complain daily about Sportsound being pro-Hearts, just saying.

In all honesty I've been enjoying it recently because - in addition to tabloidy types like Young - they have had a range of pretty credible and thoughtful people come on and give their view of this. None of them supporting the SPFL or laying into D Utd. All of them saying it's a massive mess the SPFL caused. And it's the only place Hearts have actually been given bit of a fair hearing. Even John Collins standing up for us! The papers on the other hand have been laying into us. A lot offolk on social media are clearly just reading Daily Record and Sun headlines at most.

Where are the other clubs though? Cormack and McGregor were never out of the media a few weeks ago.  IT's because they'd don't want to answer awkward questions like do you think it's fair on Hearts, do you support their right to take legal action, how did you vote in the reconstruction vote and why, etc, etc. Absolute chancers and cowards the lot of them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Top division, championship, compensation, no compensation.  

All that matters is the fact Hearts will still be here and hopefully a lot of other clubs will die, fingers crossed Dundee go burst first and then loser clubs like raith follow soon after. 

Whatever happens Hearts will bounce back :thumbsup:

colinmaroon
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In all honesty I've been enjoying it recently because - in addition to tabloidy types like Young - they have had a range of pretty credible and thoughtful people come on and give their view of this. None of them supporting the SPFL or laying into D Utd. All of them saying it's a massive mess the SPFL caused. And it's the only place Hearts have actually been given bit of a fair hearing. Even John Collins standing up for us! The papers have been laying into us.

Where are the other clubs though? Cormack and McGregor were never out of the media a few weeks ago. Silent now. IT's because they'd don't want to answer awkward questions like do you think it's fair on Hearts, do you support their right to take legal action, how did you vote in the reconstruction vote and why, etc, etc. Absolute chancers and cowards the lot of them.

But they're all very angry!!!

On Off the Ball Tam Cowan has defended Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer from the start and Cosgrove has taken the opposite view which means there has been balance. And the whole point of their show is to poke fun at everything so can't really complain about that.

On Sportsound quite a few of the regular pundits have said they think Hearts have been treated unfairly and are right to have done what they have done.

But Richard Gordon who is obviously an Aberdeen fan is always negative about Hearts. As the main presenter and therefore the guy who does a lot of the interviews and sets the agenda for the programme, that is pretty poor. I think it is that underlying editorial tone that riles Hearts fans.

colinmaroon
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hows it one week? :lol: Levein was on last weekend as was Elvis.  Hearts are well represented on Sportsound week in, week out.  Get over it, there’s no bias.  Just a couple of throbbers with a different opinion because they’re too thick to actually read into facts.  

That's enough from me.

Can't stand another minute of your cant!  Ignore is a gift!

Brave Hearts
28 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

As I said, and you have just concurred, last Saturday to this Saturday is one week.

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

On Off the Ball Tam Cowan has defended Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer from the start and Cosgrove has taken the opposite view which means there has been balance. And the whole point of their show is to poke fun at everything so can't really complain about that.

On Sportsound quite a few of the regular pundits have said they think Hearts have been treated unfairly and are right to have done what they have done.

But Richard Gordon who is obviously an Aberdeen fan is always negative about Hearts. As the main presenter and therefore the guy who does a lot of the interviews and sets the agenda for the programme, that is pretty poor. I think it is that underlying editorial tone that riles Hearts fans.

I actually agree it has been for Hearts recently with a lot of pro-Hearts voices (not just former/current employees) but that could be a reflection that we do have a case and have been unfairly treated. It's also a reflection that no-one will come on from the other side, not even supposedly neutral clubs.

Leckie, Jackson and the rest of the screeching tabloid monkeys are against us and that makes me happy. The more thoughtful journalists likeAndrew Smith, Moira Gordon, Michael Grant, Tom English all seem very sympathetic to us. Graham Spiers as usual seems to be waiting to see what everyone else thinks before giving a safe opinion.

I don't have a problem with Cosgrove. I have annoying mates like him. He's mostly on the wind-up.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I may be in the minority on here but RG has never got under my skin.

Yes I hear what and how he says things but as long as we Neil and Tom are there to balance it out I'm ok to listen as they keep him in check. Without them I would body swerve the show.

Lone Striker

Slight tangent - but still relevant .... has anyone else noticed the recent  science research reporting about the Covid virus being longer lasting and more easily spread at 4 degrees C  ?   In other words, winter. 

With no winter break planned for the football, seems like a reasonable chance of   another bout of government restrictions happening - closed door matches, maybe enforced postponements, teams with players testing positive.       

We could be posting on a brand new thread about clubs hitting the buffers if  that happens.    Wonder if the SPFL will have learned any lessons by then.  

:waiting:

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

I may be in the minority on here but RG has never got under my skin.

Yes I hear what and how he says things but as long as we Neil and Tom are there to balance it out I'm ok to listen as they keep him in check. Without them I would body swerve the show.

Sometimes I read about Sportsound on here or social media and then listen to the podcast and it's nothing like what has been described. Both folk saying it was very anti-Hearts and folk saying it was very pro-Hearts. Gordon just seems like someone who wants to talk about football and nothing else, which I have lots of sympathy for. It's chick young who drives me mental even when he's on our side.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I think RG tried to have a dig at hearts statement today with tom english agreeing.  They had nothing to talk about all week about us, the stress was too much they had to have a dig.

Off the ball covered the DU walk by getting one of the walkers on to talk.

Edited by HMFC01

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To be honest,  not sure why we felt the need to respond to the statement. 

Our lawyers could have opened by making it known how disappointed we were,  but not any longer 

17 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Off the ball covered the DU walk by getting one of the walkers on to talk.

As an ex-listener of Off the Ball can I ask...did they enquire as to the relevance of starting from Tynecastle?

Just now, Boof said:

As an ex-listener of Off the Ball can I ask...did they enquire as to the relevance of starting from Tynecastle?

Off the top,  I do not think that was pertinently enquired about.  They were mostly having a good chortle.  From my own view I think they want to finish in Dundee.  As the other 2 clubs are finishing at Dundee at a meet and greet( 😭).

gordiegords

Whats the story with Michael stewart these days? hasnt been on sportsound for weeks and doesnt post anything footy related on his twitter, theres been a lot going on since he last spoke and he like to have his opinions aired......

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

To be honest,  not sure why we felt the need to respond to the statement. 

Our lawyers could have opened by making it known how disappointed we were,  but not any longer 

I think we had to acknowledge the fact Dundee UTD endorsed the walkers.  With remarks about which I don't want to remind folks to wind anyone up :)  Suffice to say they shouldn't be anywhere near Tynecastle now or in the future, until they appologise. 

edit:  forgot to mention the fact other clubs are offering to pay or have paid also to the crowdfunding.

Edited by HMFC01

5 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Whats the story with Michael stewart these days? hasnt been on sportsound for weeks and doesnt post anything footy related on his twitter, theres been a lot going on since he last spoke and he like to have his opinions aired......

Could be wrong but I often think when people almost fall complete off the radar there’s more personal stuff going on. More to worry about than football. 

Hopefully I’m completely wrong though.  

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Could be wrong but I often think when people almost fall complete off the radar there’s more personal stuff going on. More to worry about than football. 

Hopefully I’m completely wrong though.  

Levein has been on a few times 

maroonsgotop
11 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Off the top,  I do not think that was pertinently enquired about.  They were mostly having a good chortle.  From my own view I think they want to finish in Dundee.  As the other 2 clubs are finishing at Dundee at a meet and greet( 😭).

finished in Dundee.....................nice

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Hibs supporters hate us, of course they're saying that. No one else is coming out with it though, its such obvious bullshit.

That was kind of my point.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

The words "further division" seem to be admitting that we're causing division  - which  as you, me and others on here have been agreeing, is not what our petition is aiming to do.  Just my opinion, Ethan.   The C3 trying to drum up financial  support from other clubs may well be in contravention to SPFL rules - or at least contrary to the spirit of them. Why not just leave it at that ?  

I think there is nothing wrong with acknowledging there is currently division. We were not the cause of that division however. We are also quite right to say that drumming up financial support could cause/is causing further division. That is a fact, and is supported by clubs either agreeing or disagreeing to the C3 requests for money. Too many people seem to be forgetting, through choice, who are responsible for causing this mess. The SPFL - since the proposal of the initial resolution - have created division amongst the clubs. They have then sat on their hands as clubs have fought against each other. To be honest - and without any maroon tinted glasses - I think we have conducted ourselves with great dignity. We have remained silent, only speaking to counter allegations made against us, or comment on conduct that is unbecoming of someone who is effectively a business partner.

The joint statement was bang on the money. Careful, considered, but to the point. We’ve been verbally slaughtered in various quarters. If I’d been the Chairman of Hearts I’d have been adopting Queensbury Rules with some of these feckers long before now.

jamboinglasgow
54 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Slight tangent - but still relevant .... has anyone else noticed the recent  science research reporting about the Covid virus being longer lasting and more easily spread at 4 degrees C  ?   In other words, winter. 

With no winter break planned for the football, seems like a reasonable chance of   another bout of government restrictions happening - closed door matches, maybe enforced postponements, teams with players testing positive.       

We could be posting on a brand new thread about clubs hitting the buffers if  that happens.    Wonder if the SPFL will have learned any lessons by then.  

:waiting:

One thing has been clear through out this, some clubs are trying to fool themselves that this is will be done by the Autumn and fans will come back because the clubs need fans back or they are in serious trouble. Aberdeen are the biggest example of this. So I think the fear of a second wave particularly into November onwards is a serious possibility and one that clubs need to take seriously. But the SPFL will not. The have shown they have learnt little from this.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )