SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Nookie Bear

Second time Christie has been allowed to dribble his views on this since it started. 

Have they asked Mellon what his thoughts are yet? 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Random question: when the actual **** is the Chanpionship season due to start?

October 17

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

October 17

Is that confirmed? I assume it’s 27 games. 

Do we know if every club is able to play?

SectionDJambo
19 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

They are left interviewing nobodies because the case is live. Unfortunately, Les Gray is unavailable. 

The "journalist" probably bumped into him in a beer garden, during the week. Just before the 3 hour slot was up.

Terry Christie had his lucky couple of seasons with Ferranti Thistle, didn't interview well enough to get a bigger football job, and disappeared back into nowhere again.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

who the fek is Terry Christie? Some random on the street. Genuinely no idea and I don’t click bait that papers website sorry.

He used to manage Meadowbank Thistle and latterly Alloa. 

He managed these jobs while

trousering his not insignificant salary as Head teacher at Musselburgh High. 

While the teachers and pupils were working and studying at school Terry was off work early to take training and travel all over Scotland to midweek away games. Nice work if you can get it probably earned more cash than most of the Premier league managers. 

No wonder he didn't want to manage a big team. 

My stepson did a six week placement at Musselburgh High when training to be a teacher. Needless to say he didn't meet Mr Christie once. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Bull Leckie works for the Scum

I meant sun, doh. 

2 hours ago, Bickfest said:

Sorry, no wish to derail the discussion, but this can't be left unanswered. According to the UK governments's own statistics, the infection rate in England is over 30% higher than in Scotland (444.6 per 100k versus 337.3) and the death rate is more than 55% higher (71.8 per 100k versus 45.8). And the gaps are growing daily. In now way whatsoever could those differences be described as "tiny".

Well said. Amazing the amount of rubbish that gets posted and people actually believe it.

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is that confirmed? I assume it’s 27 games. 

Do we know if every club is able to play?

Yes, it's 27 games and every club in Championship, L1 and L2 have confirmed they will play.

The League Cup will still be the curtain raiser and still played in groups although entry for L1/L2 clubs is optional!!!

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

While the teachers and pupils were working and studying at school Terry was off work early to take training and travel all over Scotland to midweek away games. Nice work if you can get it probably earned more cash than most of the Premier league managers. 

My stepson did a six week placement at Musselburgh High when training to be a teacher. Needless to say he didn't meet Mr Christie once. 

Ainslie Park was it not ?

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Yes, it's 27 games and every club in Championship, L1 and L2 have confirmed they will play.

The League Cup will still be the curtain raiser and still played in groups although entry for L1/L2 clubs is optional!!!

Ta. I must have missed it a million pages back 😁

What about the Scottish Cup (2019-20) ?

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

He was Headmaster at Ainslie when I was there. He did move on to Musselburgh later on. He used to say to me that he did not like us so reading this shit from his is no surprise. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

God knows... Presumably at a date, time and venue of Celtic's choosing.

13 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Indeed but what are Krankie's qualifications?

I fail to see the relevance of this?.. One for the Shed perhaps?

Edited by Deso1972

Papers must be scraping the barrel for bad news stories on hearts now.  Having to dig up some ancient complete nobody to have a go at us :lol:

8 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

He was Headmaster at Ainslie when I was there. He did move on to Musselburgh later on. He used to say to me that he did not like us so reading this shit from his is no surprise. 

Bumped into him a few times at northfield,  usually at Giovannis chip shop.

think he stayed down Craigentinny, not sure if he still does or not as was a good while ago now.

was more famous for the duffel coat he wore than being a good manager!!

says it all really 

Edited by 1874robbo

16 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

He used to drink in a boozer in Canonmills, the name of which escapes me now. I used to live nearby and he was hardly out of the place. He was one of those. ‘do you know who I am’ types. Pretty sure he was chased away by the locals after bringing in a very young lady who was not his daughter

Edited by JimmyCant

Weakened Offender
23 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Terry taught me Chemistry in the early 70s at Forrester High before he fecked off to pastures new. His leanings are towards the tramps I seem to recall. At a teachers v pupils match he went through me in a 50/50. We won and he wasn't chuffed, mind you we had Arthur Albiston and Tam Hendry in our team....

We got on very well. 

But he is talking pish here.

Tam Hendry was my PE teacher. I remember he was on 3.2.1...and won a fancy teacup set 😁

I have to assume that, behind the scenes somewhere, arrangements are being made to actually hold this tribunal. Must be this week surely ? 

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Musselburgh Grammar in my day.

Edited by graygo

37 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Musselburgh Grammar.

He was actually a decent headmaster tbf. Very approachable. Helped if you were a decent footballer mind you!

As for his current views, well, they're nonsense.

His laddie Max was on Hearts books mid/early 90s too irrc. Maybe sour Max didnt make it?

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Tam Hendry was my PE teacher. I remember he was on 3.2.1...and won a fancy teacup set 😁

I knew his wife in the late 80s. 

40 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He was Assistant Head at Trinity Academy when I was there.  

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Bull Leckie works for the Scum

That just sums up the poster you replied to.

Clueless pain in the arse.

Wish he would he keep himself to .net.

Harry Potter
34 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Papers must be scraping the barrel for bad news stories on hearts now.  Having to dig up some ancient complete nobody to have a go at us :lol:

The media are toiling for stories with this one, anyway with this clowns rant sounds like he is throwing his toys out

his pram, mind your own business .

Auld Reekin'
14 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Indeed but what are Krankie's qualifications?

What a strange question... Many decades in showbusiness as part of a duo with her husband?

Don't know what that's got to do with Covid-19 though: as far as I know she has no input to Scottish Government policy.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

12 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

The media are toiling for stories with this one, anyway with this clowns rant sounds like he is throwing his toys out

his pram, mind your own business .

Didn't  they print the same story two or three weeks ago?  Somebody did. Might have been EEN.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

What these people are not realising is that we could well be unfairly punished once again next season by promotion not happening. The SPFL board are currently asking for the powers to make such a decision without recourse to the clubs! 

What has been going on in Scottish football is nothing short of scandalous. 

Worst case scenario....what if this happened and we decided *** it can’t be arsed playing competitive games whilst risking injuries to players and, we withdraw from competitive football for a season, after all there is no incentive to compete.  I would assume we would be punished/expelled.  
But, the decision of no promotions has not been written into next season yet and, if they want to write that into the rules surly it would need to be voted through, they can’t just change the rules clan they?  Oh wait.....

Edited by highlandjambo3

south morocco
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Second time Christie has been allowed to dribble his views on this since it started. 

Have they asked Mellon what his thoughts are yet? 

Mellon would just twist it

20 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

What a strange question... Many decades in showbusiness as part of a duo with her husband?

Don't know what that's got to do with Covid-19 though: as far as I know she has no input to Scottish Government policy.

Krankies are Unionists 😂

Apologies I shouldn't bite. 

Let's stick to Hearts it's the one thing that unites us👍

ToadKiller Dog

Terry Chrisrie  ??? I had Terry Christian in my head wondering why former TV host would be having a go at us .

Anyway another from the take your medicine mode .

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Srb wants Hibs to win it.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Mellon would just twist it

🤣

Craig Herbertson

Mr Christie was appointed as one of the deputy heads at Portobello in the 1970's. His debutante speech was a  dull uninspiring address and finished with something like  'If I have used any words that are too big for you please let me know". I remember not noticing any big words.

I'm not sure anyone at school saw him after that but my neighbour says he was a decent guy as a trainer. Sadly, he appears to be talking a lot of mince again

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Musselburgh Grammar.

He was actually a decent headmaster tbf. Very approachable. Helped if you were a decent footballer mind you!

As for his current views, well, they're nonsense.

His laddie Max was on Hearts books mid/early 90s too irrc. Maybe sour Max didnt make it?

Kicked him a few times on the pitch in my youth 😃

1 hour ago, Deso1972 said:

I fail to see the relevance of this?.. One for the Shed perhaps?

Then you should have read the relevant section of the thread. There was a discussion on the qualifications of a dentist to give advice to the Scottish Government on when the season should start.

BlackhallJambo

Terry Christie was a character witness for a  paedophile Head Teacher who was subsequently jailed.I think that sums up his judgement perfectly and his views should be ignored

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Krankies are Unionists 😂

Apologies I shouldn't bite. 

Let's stick to Hearts it's the one thing that unites us👍

It’s quite ironic isn’t it 😃😆

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Well it appears the papers place a high value on the thoughts of a 78 year old man who reached the dizzy heights of managing Alloa 17 years ago. His ‘piece’ the week before showed he’s just another bitter wee hibby troll trying to make some noise. The last thing him and his ilk want is for us to be proven right, hence the”move on” and “throwing toys out the pram” nonsense. While these people are best ignored I’ll be interested to hear what all the ‘fitbaw people’ like Terry have to say if it’s found that the SPFL have acted unlawfully.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Pasquale for King
Just now, tcjambo said:

Then you should have read the relevant section of the thread. There was a discussion on the qualifications of a dentist to give advice to the Scottish Government on when the season should start.

Is it not Professor Jason Leitch, the National Clinical Director that’s making these decisions, as opposed to the First minister who’s approval rating is going through the roof due to her handling of the crisis? 

12 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Tom agreed with Dick or he agreed with our statement?

he agreed with Dick :)   From the Hearts Statement:

Those clubs were named in the Petition, along with Stranraer, because they are the clubs most likely to be impacted by a decision in our favour. We are not, and have never been, in direct dispute with them.

It was a pitiful dig at us over that short sentence.  Just because there is a conflict of interest you could say, we are not directly disputing with the 3 promoted clubs.  The sole argument is how the solution to end the season came about and ended.

Pasquale for King

I await his other article about how signing new players, asking existing ones to take a pay cut and sacking 70 whilst doing away with your academy is a bad thing?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Mr Christie was appointed as one of the deputy heads at Portobello in the 1970's. His debutante speech was a  dull uninspiring address and finished with something like  'If I have used any words that are too big for you please let me know". I remember not noticing any big words.

I'm not sure anyone at school saw him after that but my neighbour says he was a decent guy as a trainer. Sadly, he appears to be talking a lot of mince again

Glad I missed that, Pervy Purves was bad enough in the 80s.

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I have to assume that, behind the scenes somewhere, arrangements are being made to actually hold this tribunal. Must be this week surely ? 

Must be, Lord Clark did indicate that it should proceed  fairly imminently after being moved from the CoS

kingantti1874

There is no way they can set a precedent this season by enforcing promotion and relegation from an income plate season and do the opposite next season.  Would be straight back to court and a home run victory

Edited by kingantti1874

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )