SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

In all honesty I've been enjoying it recently because - in addition to tabloidy types like Young - they have had a range of pretty credible and thoughtful people come on and give their view of this. None of them supporting the SPFL or laying into D Utd. All of them saying it's a massive mess the SPFL caused. And it's the only place Hearts have actually been given bit of a fair hearing. Even John Collins standing up for us! The papers on the other hand have been laying into us. A lot offolk on social media are clearly just reading Daily Record and Sun headlines at most.

Where are the other clubs though? Cormack and McGregor were never out of the media a few weeks ago.  IT's because they'd don't want to answer awkward questions like do you think it's fair on Hearts, do you support their right to take legal action, how did you vote in the reconstruction vote and why, etc, etc. Absolute chancers and cowards the lot of them.

It's not the guests that are the problem, it's the hosts and regular panelists.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Hibs supporters complain daily about Sportsound being pro-Hearts, just saying.

Hibs fans obviously don’t listen to the Sportsound podcast when Kenny McIntyre is hosting. 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

This is a guy that was offended by Gretna climbing through the leagues.  The fat gormless oaf is best ignored. 

He was also offended by Dundee not lying down to give St Johnstone a draw to save them from a relegation, in 1962 . He, like many St Johnstone fans, has carried a grudge against them since.

So much for sporting integrity from the self proclaimed sage.

Dallas Green
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

I think RG tried to have a dig at hearts statement today with tom english agreeing.  They had nothing to talk about all week about us, the stress was too much they had to have a dig.

Off the ball covered the DU walk by getting one of the walkers on to talk.

Tom agreed with Dick or he agreed with our statement?

pettigrewsstylist
On 10/07/2020 at 09:05, Nelly Terraces said:

Totally agree. The stewardship of Scottish football & the ingrained culture of failure resulting in it being a complete tinpot backwater has been a disgrace. I'm not for government intervention in these matters but I genuinely think there should be in this case. The entire structure of the game here is needing an overhaul on every single level.

Nelly, look our per capita head of pop. who put their £ over the turnstile in relation to rest of EU. Look at the nations that have qualified for major tournaments, incl later rounds, since we last did. Look at how far we have been from even competing to qualify , ( we cant even compete for first 3 matches to get some £ on seats and muster a glorious failure anymore).

Why is this should be the cry? 20+ yrs of excuses from Berti Bogts via Georgia to the Dundee firewall, och have another go, but wait on Peter to call you first, embarrasment.

Theres none so blind.....

Its our National sport, mafia need clipped, nowhere left to go but Government!

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One thing has been clear through out this, some clubs are trying to fool themselves that this is will be done by the Autumn and fans will come back because the clubs need fans back or they are in serious trouble. Aberdeen are the biggest example of this. So I think the fear of a second wave particularly into November onwards is a serious possibility and one that clubs need to take seriously. But the SPFL will not. The have shown they have learnt little from this.

The SPFL is run by fools.  Of course they have not learned.  They have their heads in the sand and that will never change.

For "SPFL", read "the vast majority of CEOs/chairmen of SPFL member clubs".

I remain utterly astonished at the level of ineptitude shown by so many in this shambolic debacle.

There is only one solution, the complete disbanding of the SPFL and the SFA.  It probably needs government to interject.  Of course, that won't happen either.

Scottish football governance is a complete and utter disgrace.

August Landmesser
5 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Sometimes you need some folk with a contrary view and to let it play out. 

be boring on here otherwise

No you don't.

No it wouldn't.

3 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Whats the story with Michael stewart these days? hasnt been on sportsound for weeks and doesnt post anything footy related on his twitter, theres been a lot going on since he last spoke and he like to have his opinions aired......

Did he not get into hot water with his comments a few months back ?

He has probably been told to park on social media from now and by his own bosses 

Otherwise he would be at the forefront of everything right now 

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I am unsure personally, but even if the poster meant that TE had a dig at our statement, and that he didn’t mean that he agreed with it, we still need to consider that TE has been extremely vocal and challenging toward everyone who agreed that what happened was fair.

The guy has morals and it’s no co-incidence that he is one of the most respected Journalists and footie presenters around.

would be interested to hear the response to your Post though. 

doctor jambo
7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's a dental surgeon he didn't become a doctor after being a dentist. Mind you I'm not sure if he practiced his speciality since 2007. 

He’s dual qualified you can train in max fax surgery with your dental degree

6 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

...and what did Harry have to say?

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think there is nothing wrong with acknowledging there is currently division. We were not the cause of that division however. We are also quite right to say that drumming up financial support could cause/is causing further division. That is a fact, and is supported by clubs either agreeing or disagreeing to the C3 requests for money. Too many people seem to be forgetting, through choice, who are responsible for causing this mess. The SPFL - since the proposal of the initial resolution - have created division amongst the clubs. They have then sat on their hands as clubs have fought against each other. To be honest - and without any maroon tinted glasses - I think we have conducted ourselves with great dignity. We have remained silent, only speaking to counter allegations made against us, or comment on conduct that is unbecoming of someone who is effectively a business partner.

The joint statement was bang on the money. Careful, considered, but to the point. We’ve been verbally slaughtered in various quarters. If I’d been the Chairman of Hearts I’d have been adopting Queensbury Rules with some of these feckers long before now.

I think you are looking at this from the wring angle, Ethan.

We have been consistent, fair and seeking accommodation all along.  We have given others the chance to make things right to ensure little pain to any party.

Hence, we have been playing by the Queensbury Rules: it is others who are kicking, gouging, whipping up the media to castigate us and generally dragging things out.

10 hours ago, tcjambo said:

This isn't just about lower rates. The differences in infection rate in Scotland and England are tiny besides which there are plenty reasons why they should be lower in Scotland anyway.It's also about the unseen consequences of keeping people in lockdown, civil liberties and taking reasonable decisions in the interest of maximum utility.

Sorry, no wish to derail the discussion, but this can't be left unanswered. According to the UK governments's own statistics, the infection rate in England is over 30% higher than in Scotland (444.6 per 100k versus 337.3) and the death rate is more than 55% higher (71.8 per 100k versus 45.8). And the gaps are growing daily. In now way whatsoever could those differences be described as "tiny".

Libertarian
7 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Nelly, look our per capita head of pop. who put their £ over the turnstile in relation to rest of EU. Look at the nations that have qualified for major tournaments, incl later rounds, since we last did. Look at how far we have been from even competing to qualify , ( we cant even compete for first 3 matches to get some £ on seats and muster a glorious failure anymore).

Why is this should be the cry? 20+ yrs of excuses from Berti Bogts via Georgia to the Dundee firewall, och have another go, but wait on Peter to call you first, embarrasment.

Theres none so blind.....

Its our National sport, mafia need clipped, nowhere left to go but Government!

We have to remember that hundreds   possibly thousands of jobs depend on football being administered and run properly. Everyone from caretakers   office staff coaches and players, to name a few but not all. Doncaster has proven that he is not up to the job of leading the SPFL and he along with his executive are placing the entire Scottish game at risk and with the livelihood of many ordinary men and women. I don't agree that the government needs to get involved as government is incompetent at managing business of any sort. However Scottish football does require a major overhaul as it is rapidly going down the tubes. I would start with the voting structure which makes a mockery of democracy and often gives too much power to part time clubs who are more social club than football club. Personally for the sake of our club I would rather see play in a league outwith Scotland as I no longer believe that the game here is able to be saved. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am 

13 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Sorry, no wish to derail the discussion, but this can't be left unanswered. According to the UK governments's own statistics, the infection rate in England is over 30% higher than in Scotland (444.6 per 100k versus 337.3) and the death rate is more than 55% higher (71.8 per 100k versus 45.8). And the gaps are growing daily. In now way whatsoever could those differences be described as "tiny".

Indeed . A week or so ago the infection rate in England was 200x that of Scotland .

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

He’s dual qualified you can train in max fax surgery with your dental degree

You mean Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery? That confirms what I was saying his specialty is around the jaw and mouth area and an obvious extension of dentistry. He did't become a dentist then go back to Uni and become an MD and surgeon which is what the poster I originally replied to seem to think. He wouldn't be doing liver, kidney, heart or any surgery south of the jaw would he? 

3 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

This comparison between countries is pointless. You may as well compare Glasgow to Orkney, Leicester to Whitchurch etc. for example. There will obviously be geographical variations based on the population density, age, gender and race and how these factors contribute to the spread and likelihood of contracting the disease.   

TyphoonJambo
19 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

We have to remember that hundreds   possibly thousands of jobs depend on football being administered and run properly. Everyone from caretakers   office staff coaches and players, to name a few but not all. Doncaster has proven that he is not up to the job of leading the SPFL and he along with his executive are placing the entire Scottish game at risk and with the livelihood of many ordinary men and women. I don't agree that the government needs to get involved as government is incompetent at managing business of any sort. However Scottish football does require a major overhaul as it is rapidly going down the tubes. I would start with the voting structure which makes a mockery of democracy and often gives too much power to part time clubs who are more social club than football club. Personally for the sake of our club I would rather see play in a league outwith Scotland as I no longer believe that the game here is able to be saved. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am 

Very good post, and exactly my own thoughts. Football is a huge part of our life but it gets very little positive attention or meaningful input from government. 

ginger jambo98
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Why would they interview an old duffer with no connection to the current football set up. Must be struggling for people to interview. For balance, why don't they interview Les Dean's, he's just as pertinent in current football but would tell them why Hearts are right to fight. No wonder the Scotsman is dying a slow death. 

Horatio Caine
21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You mean Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery? That confirms what I was saying his specialty is around the jaw and mouth area and an obvious extension of dentistry. He did't become a dentist then go back to Uni and become an MD and surgeon which is what the poster I originally replied to seem to think. He wouldn't be doing liver, kidney, heart or any surgery south of the jaw would he? 

Yes he did.  Worked as a surgeon (not a dental one).

11 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Ahhh, another of your "why aren't you accepting millions of pounds of lost revenue unfairly" gang.

Why do people think this is just a football club not accepting "relegation"? It is a business that is losing revenue unfairly and is why the arbitration will be based around company law not "fitbaw law". 

Seriously the stupidity levels since the calling of the league is on another level.

Edited by AHS51
spelling mistake

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Yes he did.  Worked as a surgeon (not a dental one).

His history doesn't suggest that. 

manaliveits105

Thicko Christie is aware the season had 8 games unplayed yeah ? - just the hootsman hobo editor at it again and scraping the bottom of the barrell - shame used to be a good paper but wont be missed now 

Phil D. Corners
17 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Why would they interview an old duffer with no connection to the current football set up. Must be struggling for people to interview. For balance, why don't they interview Les Dean's, he's just as pertinent in current football but would tell them why Hearts are right to fight. No wonder the Scotsman is dying a slow death. 

They are really are desperate to find people to support the SPFL stand point. 

If we never went to court am I right in thinking the SPFL would not of disclosed documents that are relevant to our case ? 

manaliveits105

Has British Broadcasting Celtic  told Tom to tow the party line if he wants to appear on SS - ie blame HMFC and PTFC and move on enthusiastically to the great pending new season  - nothing to see here

Terry Christie? 😂

Who gives a flying feck what he has to say? 

He named his son "Kevan" ffs. 

Independence
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Terry Christie? 😂

Who gives a flying feck what he has to say? 

He named his son "Kevan" ffs. 

Im sure he was/is a H1b5 fans!

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

who the fek is Terry Christie? Some random on the street. Genuinely no idea and I don’t click bait that papers website sorry.

Used to present The Word with Dani Behr on a Friday night??

Rick Sanchez
11 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

If we never went to court am I right in thinking the SPFL would not of disclosed documents that are relevant to our case ? 

Exactly. Arbitration would have thrown our case out and it would have been binding. Our QC isn't stupid, it was written in black and white, clear as day that arbitration was a must. We were always going to lose that motion.

That wasn't his real fight IMO and he won the documents whilst putting doubt in Lord Clark's mind, which I'm sure the arbitration panel will look at his thoughts on the case.

That's as I understand it, could be wrong.

1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I think you are looking at this from the wring angle, Ethan.

We have been consistent, fair and seeking accommodation all along.  We have given others the chance to make things right to ensure little pain to any party.

Hence, we have been playing by the Queensbury Rules: it is others who are kicking, gouging, whipping up the media to castigate us and generally dragging things out.

I know mate. It wasn’t a criticism of AB/JL when I said that, far from it. I just meant that if I were the Chairman of Hearts I would probably be at the stage when I would have been dragged down to the same level of some other teams and would have started the same dirty fighting style. AB/JL - to their great credit - have risen above all the dirty tactics and snidey comments, only countering with a jab or two when required. I completely admire the way they have conducted themselves. Could you imagine the scene if Vlad was still here? He’d be in his submarine at Rosyth firing off missile’s to raise Starks Park to the ground 😂

14 minutes ago, Independence said:

Im sure he was/is a H1b5 fans!

The faither's Hibs, the son is Celticky Hibs. He certainly supported Celtic in his youth. 

27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

who the fek is Terry Christie? Some random on the street. Genuinely no idea and I don’t click bait that papers website sorry.

Met him once when he was secretary of duddingston golf club. Complete prick.

Howdy Doody Jambo
25 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Think he sang the song " is this the way to Amarillo" or used to manage Meadowbank thistle 

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sometimes I read about Sportsound on here or social media and then listen to the podcast and it's nothing like what has been described. Both folk saying it was very anti-Hearts and folk saying it was very pro-Hearts. Gordon just seems like someone who wants to talk about football and nothing else, which I have lots of sympathy for. It's chick young who drives me mental even when he's on our side.

Kenny McIntryre - sometimes host of the Sportsound midweek podcast - is very anti Hearts. It’s actually very embarrassing sometimes when guests are providing a balanced commentary on events and he’s shouting like some drunk guy who is watching something completely different from everyone else.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's very good at the job that is the main thing. He's easy to understand and that is reflected in the public response in Scotland.

Anyway this thread is about Hearts and this is a big week in our history. 

Once we win this case and the SPFL are shown for the incompetent clowns that they are we should push for a change in the governance of Scottish football. 

The governing body HAS to be independent of the clubs in future imo. 

Gordon Ramsay

Who the **** is Terry Christie? 🤣🤣

Bit late to make comments like that anyway considering a judge has pretty much confirmed everything we have done so far has been spot on. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, luckydug said:

He's very good at the job that is the main thing. He's easy to understand and that is reflected in the public response in Scotland.

Anyway this thread is about Hearts and this is a big week in our history. 

Once we win this case and the SPFL are shown for the incompetent clowns that they are we should push for a change in the governance of Scottish football. 

The governing body HAS to be independent of the clubs in future imo. 

We'll have to agree to differ about being very good at his job and I know what the threads about but let's be honest there is **** all to talk about in relation to the arbitration at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Kenny McIntryre - sometimes host of the Sportsound midweek podcast - is very anti Hearts. It’s actually very embarrassing sometimes when guests are providing a balanced commentary on events and he’s shouting like some drunk guy who is watching something completely different from everyone else.

McIntyre saw the club he supports go out of business and was witness to the deserved scorn -from FANS - that followed. Broken.

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

This comparison between countries is pointless. You may as well compare Glasgow to Orkney, Leicester to Whitchurch etc. for example. There will obviously be geographical variations based on the population density, age, gender and race and how these factors contribute to the spread and likelihood of contracting the disease.   

Exactly, pop density is 7 times higher in England. Much, much higher ethnic mix in England. The numbers are just numbers and can really only be used to monitor trends, certainly can’t be used for comparisons. 

Bazzas right boot

Not too sure on sportsound being bias Tbh. 

Some of the pundits want us down, some don't. 

Gordon sticks out like a sore thumb tho, an absolute fudd, every question loaded, but then G Mackay through the EN was even telling us it was our fault! 

Funny enough, the hibs, celticy pundits seem to be the ones with us. 🤔

The record was a disgrace as well, Bill leckie being chief commander there, he's doing well to spin the narrative. I would say the record has been biased mainly through that chuff tho. 

1 hour ago, ginger jambo98 said:

They are left interviewing nobodies because the case is live. Unfortunately, Les Gray is unavailable. 

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, pop density is 7 times higher in England. Much, much higher ethnic mix in England. The numbers are just numbers and can really only be used to monitor trends, certainly can’t be used for comparisons. 

Population density in relation to Scotland/England is a false equivalence. The vast majority of the landmass of Scotland (essentially the Highlands) is either un- or very sparsely populated. 70-odd percent of the country live in the Central Belt. Run the population density calculation again and you might be surprised at the answer you get

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

What these people are not realising is that we could well be unfairly punished once again next season by promotion not happening. The SPFL board are currently asking for the powers to make such a decision without recourse to the clubs! 

What has been going on in Scottish football is nothing short of scandalous. 

Radio Ga Ga
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not too sure on sportsound being bias Tbh. 

Some of the pundits want us down, some don't. 

Gordon sticks out like a sore thumb tho, an absolute fudd, every question loaded, but then G Mackay through the EN was even telling us it was our fault! 

Funny enough, the hibs, celticy pundits seem to be the ones with us. 🤔

The record was a disgrace as well, Bill leckie being chief commander there, he's doing well to spin the narrative. I would say the record has been biased mainly through that chuff tho. 

Bull Leckie works for the Scum

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )