SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

9 minutes ago, Philo2012 said:

What is it with the SPFL....McLennan statement about CONCERN about Partick and Stranraer.No Hearts!!!!Also on the SPFL website Hearts not shown in premiership or championship???Dundee United shown in both leagues.Do they really want to completely ignore us?

What's that slavering old prick saying? Has he been dragged out from his sarcophagus? Funny that he's been so silent since the beginning of all this.

Edited by neilnunb

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Can I just say that the notion that Hamilton Accies and St Mirren play "elite sport" is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever heard.

Edited by Jambo66

Guest ToqueJambo

Just saw this article in The Scotsman on Micky Mellon's views on Tranmere's relegation. Says this:

"Sometimes changing jobs requires a shift in perspective as well as location. It remains to be seen whether this will apply to Micky 
Mellon. The new Dundee United manager is due to be unveiled later today and can expect to be asked for his thoughts on the issue currently paralysing Scottish football. His answers will be interesting to hear, just as Robbie Neilson’s were earlier this week at a video conference at his own unveiling back at Hearts."

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/alan-pattullo-micky-mellon-and-tranmere-rovers-relegation-computer-2906971

Can anyone point me towards where Mellon actually was asked for his views on this as Pattullo seems to think he would be? 

I agree his answers would be interesting, but it seems like no-one has thought to ask him. Or if he was asked his answered have been buried not made into headlines. That does kind of follow the theme of the coverage of this - steam in on Hearts and go soft on everyone else. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just saw this article in The Scotsman on Micky Mellon's views on Tranmere's relegation. Says this:

"Sometimes changing jobs requires a shift in perspective as well as location. It remains to be seen whether this will apply to Micky 
Mellon. The new Dundee United manager is due to be unveiled later today and can expect to be asked for his thoughts on the issue currently paralysing Scottish football. His answers will be interesting to hear, just as Robbie Neilson’s were earlier this week at a video conference at his own unveiling back at Hearts."

Can anyone point me towards where Mellon actually was asked for his views on this as Pattullo seems to think he would be? 

I agree his answers would be interesting, but it seems like no-one has thought to ask him. Or if he was asked his answered have been buried not made into headlines. That does kind of follow the theme of the coverage of this - steam in on Hearts and go soft on everyone else. 

From what I can find, he is not trying to wriggle out of what he said at Tranmere so is basically saying nothing...even though he has walked into a club whose status relies on exactly the kind of nonsense he was so incensed about a few weeks ago. 

The media seem cool with it 🤷‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I know the 81% is irrelevant, you know it’s irrelevant, ffs everyone knows it’s irrelevant, even Doncaster!! That doesn’t stop him trotting that line out to any fecker that might listen in an effort to make it sound relevant.

It really sounds that Doncaster is pinning all his hopes on the 81%. Unfortunately for him his witness statement/testimony Will need a wee bit more to it than that.

I doubt the arbitration panel will care. They are the masters in the dark arts of obfuscation themselves so will know exactly what the SPFL are doing with that. It'll all be focused on the Dundee vote and vote in general, including anyommissions posted on this thread around Tv deal penalties and the like. And of course Aberdeen being told not to vote then changing their vote led to that 81% figure. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You mean I love me Jason Leitch? :rofl:A dentist.

As has been explained a few times it is not the SG that is stopping the championship and league 1 2 starting, it is the spfl and the clubs. There is absolutely no point in Hearts having players back training when we will, at the moment, not be playing till October. Can you not confine your political stuff to the shed

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

From what I can find, he is not trying to wriggle out of what he said at Tranmere so is basically saying nothing...even though he has walked into a club whose status relies on exactly the kind of nonsense he was so incensed about a few weeks ago. 

The media seem cool with it 🤷‍♂️

I haven't seen him asked anywhere, not prominently anyhow. It would seem like a nice little side story but no-one is really interested. Imagine if it was the other way around and Neilson had said relegating someone like that had been fair.... massive point size headlines all over the shop for days!

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/alan-pattullo-micky-mellon-and-tranmere-rovers-relegation-computer-2906971

Sportsound has our manager and Neil McCann on today.  Last week all the headlines where Robbie the former Dundee Utd manager saying us getting demoted was completely unfair, as Craig Gordon said for days when he signed and and has Stevie Naismith for a couple of days this week.  But aye, the media are completely against us in some people’s fantasy world.  

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Done well for himself all the same. Take my hat off to those who maximize their potential 

No argument there but should we be following his "advice" blindly?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I haven't seen him asked anywhere, not prominently anyhow. It would seem like a nice little side story but no-one is really interested. Imagine if it was the other way around and Neilson had said relegating someone like that had been fair.... massive point size headlines all over the shop for days!

Robbie said at Dundee Utd they are deservedly champions and promoted.  Something we are now trying to change around next week.  There was no narrative last week ripping him because he’s now saying us going down is massively unfair and he wasn’t asked his views now on if Dundee Utd should stay down or what.  People need to get over this anti hears agenda that isn’t in place at all. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Green light what though? I thought elite sport could continue. But teams that won't play until October are keeping players on furlough as long as possible as training now would mean taking them off it.

Only the Prem’ have been given permission to train.  It’s why Dundee can still use the famous clause to sack players if they wish as they still can’t train. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Sportsound has our manager and Neil McCann on today.  Last week all the headlines where Robbie the former Dundee Utd manager saying us getting demoted was completely unfair, as Craig Gordon said for days when he signed and and has Stevie Naismith for a couple of days this week.  But aye, the media are completely against us in some people’s fantasy world.  

Did they ask Mellon or not? 

There is a ****ing obvious reason there's no perception of balance these days. Sportsound said it themselves - NO-ONE from the SPFL, D Utd etc side is willing to come on to argue their case. None of the club chairmen want to answer award questions. None of the D Utd players seem to want to get involved. Hearts have nothing to hide, which is why we wanted the whole thing played out in public. So stick your fantasy world stuff up your arse.

Although as it happens, Neilson, Pressley and Levein are all former Dundee Utd players and managers, so they are kind of qualified to talk about it.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

As has been explained a few times it is not the SG that is stopping the championship and league 1 2 starting, it is the spfl and the clubs. There is absolutely no point in Hearts having players back training when we will, at the moment, not be playing till October. Can you not confine your political stuff to the shed

Wooosh. If they'd allowed everyone to get back to training with a view to starting in August and not just made it for the top league then maybe things would be more positive. And how is having a go at a dentist who ****ing loves himself political. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Robbie said at Dundee Utd they are deservedly champions and promoted.  Something we are now trying to change around next week.  There was no narrative last week ripping him because he’s now saying us going down is massively unfair and he wasn’t asked his views now on if Dundee Utd should stay down or what.  People need to get over this anti hears agenda that isn’t in place at all. 

And Mellon's views after his appointment? Canyon point me towards those?

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There is a ****ing obvious reason there's no perception of balance these days. Sportsound said it themselves - NO-ONE from the SPFL, D Utd etc side is willing to come on to argue their case. None of the club chairmen want to answer award questions. None of the D Utd players seem to want to get involved. Hearts have nothing to hide, which is why we wanted the whole thing played out in public. So stick your fantasy world stuff up your arse.

Although as it happens, Neilson, Pressley and Levein are all former Dundee Utd players and managers, so they are kind of qualified to talk about it.

Stick the troll on ignore. Strange little chap that likes to take the contrarian view in an attempt to wind others up.

No idea if he’s a Hearts fan or not. If he is, he ain’t the type I associate with.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Only the Prem’ have been given permission to train.  It’s why Dundee can still use the famous clause to sack players if they wish as they still can’t train. 

Permission by the SFA though. I don't think the government would object to professional teams going back to training if it meant them coming off furlough...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No argument there but should we be following his "advice" blindly?

Suspect not.

Always got the impression all scientists have really enjoyed the limelight and the power of the situation. 

Chris Witty would be the one I would trust with my life 

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly, why not ask Mellon for his opinion it, keeping in mind what happened at Tranmere? 

Dundee Utd are hiding and letting two supporters do all their running for them. 

37 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You mean I love me Jason Leitch? :rofl:A dentist.

This is what I was on about . This is from a post by 7628mm.

After asking the initial question I have had a wee look on google (is your friend) and found the following:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-29th-may

https://www.clubcall.com/news/2020/06/05/sfa-chief-eyes-route-map-for-swift-return-of-every-level-of-scottish-football/

Extracts from these suggest to me that the SFA/SPFL only "asked" for the SPL as they intimate that they will "provide a similar plan for the rest (in bold) of the game

“In particular, I would like to thank our Chief Medical Consultant, Dr John MacLean, for his invaluable input throughout this process. As a JRG member and co-chair of the medical sub group, he has overseen creation of a comprehensive strategy for testing procedures and safe ‘return to training’ and ‘return to playing’ protocols that have given confidence that the Scottish Premiership can kick-off in August.

“As the governing body, we will continue to engage with government and key stakeholders to provide a similar plan for the return of the game at all levels of Scottish football. While acknowledging that the current testing regime required to be observed will be prohibitive for most clubs out with the Premiership at this time, we are aware that there are hundreds of thousands of players across the Scottish football landscape looking for clarity on when they can return to action.

They only asked for the SPL and were granted this by the Scottish Government.

40 minutes ago, Philo2012 said:

KSurely Police Scotland would be interested in the Sponsored Walk by 2 Dundee United supporters.Could invite supporter trouble.If there was trouble would give the media more ammunition against Hearts and Partick.Hopefully arbitration board would not be swayed by bad press about Hearts(possibly Hibs )supporter trouble.Seems antagonistic and not very well timed.Could be a PLOY to damage arbitration process.

Arbitration process better be finished before next Saturday or it might be back to CoS.

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Correct Mikey.        I just wish they hadn't included the line   "However, encouraging clubs to fund anyone’s costs in this process could create further division."   

It sounds a bit sloppy and unnecessary.     The statement would have been better without it (imo)

In what way was it sloppy and unnecessary? It was actually the crux of the matter.

34 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hearts aren't saying DUtd aren't champions , nor do they not deserve promoted. In fact, the vibe from the club throughout is quite the opposite.

It's merely unfortunate that the bit the SPFL have doctored to expel us impacts them (of course, their total lack of humility since good Friday means they can suck it)

But you know all this and are basically a trolling wee trumpet. What pleasure that brings you, who knows?

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This.

Also Cruyff you'll be glad to know we never tried to sign the fat striker from Dunfermline😂

It was reported we made a late bid.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hearts aren't saying DUtd aren't champions , nor do they not deserve promoted. In fact, the vibe from the club throughout is quite the opposite.

It's merely unfortunate that the bit the SPFL have doctored to expel us impacts them (of course, their total lack of humility since good Friday means they can suck it)

But you know all this and are basically a trolling wee trumpet. What pleasure that brings you, who knows?

Exactly, imagine the quandary we'd currently be in if they, after being promoted, had actively championed restructure😁

They didn't, they have instead been self centered, small minded hypocritical tits so **** them. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It was reported we made a late bid.

Robbie himself has just rubbished that on radio. 

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Thanks. I don’t want to take this thread off topic so will post on the transfer thread.

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thanks. I don’t want to take this thread off topic so will post on the transfer thread.

👍👍

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This.

Also Cruyff you'll be glad to know we never tried to sign the fat striker from Dunfermline😂

Indeed. RN would never lower Hearts to signing fat Hibees. 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Where, when?

He was talking about pressure at Hearts and enjoyed it. Then went to MK and was told, it doesn't matter if you win, lose or draw here, as long as the players clap the fans off at the end, nobody cares. He said if that happened at Hearts, the fans would slaughter the players and the manager. He said, he needed that pressure. 

Then went on to say he had to put pressure on the players because there was little or no expectations in an empty arena. 

That Hearts setup is first class. Best training facilities in the Country. Loves the club basically. 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

On the subject of availability of players due to covid.  Robbie " It's fluct' ", what a guy :) 

🤣 Haha 

41 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You’ve obviously not picked up what I said correctly BigO. As for the abuse, it’s you that looks like the tit. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

And Mellon's views after his appointment? Canyon point me towards those?

Ive no interest in the views of the Dundee Utd new manager and what he thinks of jack shit tbh. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

You’ve obviously not picked up what I said correctly BigO. As for the abuse, it’s you that looks like the tit. 

I like tits

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

There’s no balance against Hearts.  Not even slightly in media bias.  

Dundee Utd will only have to argue their own case if things go against them.  Same as we would be saying zip if the league went null and void. 

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I like tits

We need a poll😁😁

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Knew it! That was all based on him wanting him while at D Utd. By all accounts it was D Utd Hibs actually beat to that signing, which should also be a story given D Utd are asking other clubs for money.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Dundee Utd will only have to argue their own case if things go against them.  Same as we would be saying zip if the league went null and void. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I can’t say that I blame any other team,” Mellon said. “What was decided, was decided. (But) I don’t think there is a football person who would say that what has happened to Tranmere is fair. It is absolutely not fair.”

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I can’t say that I blame any other team,” Mellon said. “What was decided, was decided. (But) I don’t think there is a football person who would say that what has happened to Tranmere is fair. It is absolutely not fair.”

He said that while at Tranmere! We're talking about why he doesn't seem to have been asked about it here, as Neilson was.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He said that while at Tranmere! We're talking about why he doesn't seem to have been asked about it here, as Neilson was.

Neilson was asked what?  That does he still feel Dundee Utd are rightly champions and promoted and if he would still feel similar if they end up back in the Championship at our expense?  Robbie has been allowed to express his clear view over the last week how piss poor a decision it was to relegate us, did anyone ask him why he didn’t share they views while Dundee Utd manager?  Probably not because it’s irrelevant to the current situation.  You seem to think we don’t get the rob of the green from the media, I would argue against this.  Fair enough.  

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I like Mellons

37 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

:cornette:

15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Neilson was asked what?  That does he still feel Dundee Utd are rightly champions and promoted and if he would still feel similar if they end up back in the Championship at our expense?  Robbie has been allowed to express his clear view over the last week how piss poor a decision it was to relegate us, did anyone ask him why he didn’t share they views while Dundee Utd manager?  Probably not because it’s irrelevant to the current situation.  You seem to think we don’t get the rob of the green from the media, I would argue against this.  Fair enough.  

When did he express a different view while at Dundee United?  He said they deserved to be promoted, not that it was fair to relegate Hearts.  He's now saying it was unfair to relegate Hearts, not that United don't deserve promotion.  Reconstruction would have provided the fairest outcome for both clubs, but United voted against that.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Point it out then.  

Oh I don't know, how about any Sportsound in the last 2 months?

You disagree, sound, I don't care to try and convince you, but you are talking shit.

Auld Reekin'
48 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

And ignoring Prof Hugh Pennington - someone who at least knows what a virus is lol - https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/scotland/no-evidence-that-easing-lockdown-will-spark-second-spike-prof-hugh-pennington/

I've no doubt Hugh Pennington does indeed also know what a virus is, but it should be remembered that he is in fact a professor of bacteriology and therefore not necessarily one of the country's leading authorities on viruses either...

Benny Factor
50 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

And ignoring Prof Hugh Pennington - someone who at least knows what a virus is lol - https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/scotland/no-evidence-that-easing-lockdown-will-spark-second-spike-prof-hugh-pennington/

Hugh Pennington is right that there is no evidence that easing lockdown could mean a 2nd wave in Scotland(because we've on the whole, behaved ourselves).... but he's being disingenuous in that even a slight change in the public's behaviour could change things massively!

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Last Laff is just up to his devil's advocate caper again. 

Dont take him seriously. Even he doesn't. 😏

22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oh I don't know, how about any Sportsound in the last 2 months?

You disagree, sound, I don't care to try and convince you, but you are talking shit.

Same sportsound that has former hearts players managers and even current manager on the show once or twice every week at least.  Nae bother.  They’re clearly against us.  That’s why the club and Neilson told them to ram the chance of being on the show today of course. As well as Levein has told them to beat it the six or seven times he’s been invited on the show since he finally left.  Or maybe no. 

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Last Laff is just up to his devil's advocate caper again. 

Dont take him seriously. Even he doesn't. 😏

Harsh tbh but I can recognise why it would look like that.  There’s a lot more going on than the media asking trivial questions to irrelevant folk from shite like Dundee Utd regardless. 

Edited by Last Laff

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )