SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl: must have meant something else

Surely he must. 

Go through all this, win, get compensation, give it back, still relegated, legal costs to be paid? 

:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

MarkDevriesScores4

There will be no waiving of compensation. Compensation is exactly that. The club will take any funds to compensate losses. Not free new money as some would believe.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, graygo said:

It would baffle me too.

😂😂

Selkirkhmfc1874
31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They are not going to offer us anything, nor are they going to settle early. That should be blindingly obvious by now 

Yeah i agree with you! If Lord Clarke had ruled case should be heard at cos in public i think spfl would've caved in rather than be humiliated in public

Guest ToqueJambo
37 minutes ago, blairdin said:

At the end of this process, if we're not or can't be reinstated, we should ensure Partick and Stranraer are correctly compensated, but waived ours, having exposed the SPFL for what they are. That approach would absolutely baffle our detractors... 

3 months ago Yes now no chance. 

Its been total self interest the whole way from all but a few clubs. The reconstruction vote proved that conclusively.

It’s always been the fairest and least destructive solution overall. Clubs wanting the exact perfect reconstruction in these circumstances were acting like total dicks - probably why none are willing to speak about it on sportsound. 

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They are not going to offer us anything, nor are they going to settle early. That should be blindingly obvious by now 

I agree with that and I really hope they don't. As I have posted previously, I am and remain confident that we will win. If we do, then we will almost certainly have succeeded in bringing down the SPFL. I would regard that as a triumph. In some ways even better than reinstatement, because I am firmly of the view that the corruption endemic in Scottish football needs to be rooted out.

I don't want us to be awarded a pile of compensation as it would undoubtedly ruin several clubs. However, we do need to get rid of the utter nonsense that has clubs voting against reconstruction for the principal reason that Brora is too far away to get to. Football is a business and the clubs that want to run it as a business are subject to the votes of clubs like Albion Rovers. That is unsustainable.

I think we should have a pyramid structure, but clubs below "senior" football should not be allowed promotion simply because they win the Lowland or Highland League. They should have a robust business plan, minimum standards for facilities and so on. That does not mean a 10,000 all seater stadium because the cost of that is crippling as has been seen in the past, but there do need to be some basic requirements.

All of these things should be overseen by a governing body that is independent of the clubs. No ex-OF placemen and the like, but real administrators who understand the economics and appreciate the important part football plays in the lives of so many.

Am I dreaming? Perhaps, but if we don't at least try, then nothing will ever change.

Think on this. The chairman of Cowdenbeath is an absolute diehard Sevco fan and always will be. He is only involved with Cowdenbeath because he can't be involved with Sevco. I know he comes from there originally, but he is no fan. The way he votes has nothing to do with the betterment of Scottish football and we all know it. We need rid of this nonsense and this is our chance.

Jamstomorrow
10 hours ago, Chong said:

Used to present The Word with Dani Behr on a Friday night??

No you are incorrect. Mr Christie sang the song "Is this the way to Amarillo."    Lol.  

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah i agree with you! If Lord Clarke had ruled case should be heard at cos in public i think spfl would've caved in rather than be humiliated in public

Does anybody even know if compensation has been offered already?

I only say this on the back of the Spfl admission that their rules were inadequate and they still, I assume, want to look out for all the clubs, being servants and all. It would follow they look to a compromise.......

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, Jambo66 said:

I agree with that and I really hope they don't. As I have posted previously, I am and remain confident that we will win. If we do, then we will almost certainly have succeeded in bringing down the SPFL. I would regard that as a triumph. In some ways even better than reinstatement, because I am firmly of the view that the corruption endemic in Scottish football needs to be rooted out.

I don't want us to be awarded a pile of compensation as it would undoubtedly ruin several clubs. However, we do need to get rid of the utter nonsense that has clubs voting against reconstruction for the principal reason that Brora is too far away to get to. Football is a business and the clubs that want to run it as a business are subject to the votes of clubs like Albion Rovers. That is unsustainable.

I think we should have a pyramid structure, but clubs below "senior" football should not be allowed promotion simply because they win the Lowland or Highland League. They should have a robust business plan, minimum standards for facilities and so on. That does not mean a 10,000 all seater stadium because the cost of that is crippling as has been seen in the past, but there do need to be some basic requirements.

All of these things should be overseen by a governing body that is independent of the clubs. No ex-OF placemen and the like, but real administrators who understand the economics and appreciate the important part football plays in the lives of so many.

Am I dreaming? Perhaps, but if we don't at least try, then nothing will ever change.

Think on this. The chairman of Cowdenbeath is an absolute diehard Sevco fan and always will be. He is only involved with Cowdenbeath because he can't be involved with Sevco. I know he comes from there originally, but he is no fan. The way he votes has nothing to do with the betterment of Scottish football and we all know it. We need rid of this nonsense and this is our chance.

Good post

north wales jambo
24 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

The problem is no one is interested in anything we do unless it shows us in a bad light. We could invent a cure for Covid 19 and no one would give a ****. That’s why we should 100% do what suits us. 

Totally agree with this. 

On a different note, I find it hard to understand how other clubs are not giving spfl grief about this now. Surely some clubs are worrying about the outcome.. No doubt some thought we were bluffing about court, hearts were not.. No doubt some thought it would get thrown out in cos, it wasn’t!!! 

Now it’s a 50/50, these clubs keeping quiet Killie, Morton, Forfar, Clyde and Montrose etc should not have the audacity to complain if it goes our way in respect of compensation, they didn’t give a shit for our expulsion, money was there motive.. so if they have a problem, the problem lies with their votes and the anger should be to the spfl and the Celtic mob. 

Craig Herbertson
2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Great post. I would add that a decent plan could be put in place to help sponsor any club who won the Lowland or Highand league if they have the will to continue at a higher level. The body running our sport could anticipate success and put into place schemes of development for the bigger wee clubs. Earmark funds for grounds development and so. But to be honest anything would be better than this mess.

6 minutes ago, north wales jambo said:

Totally agree with this. 

On a different note, I find it hard to understand how other clubs are not giving spfl grief about this now. Surely some clubs are worrying about the outcome.. No doubt some thought we were bluffing about court, hearts were not.. No doubt some thought it would get thrown out in cos, it wasn’t!!! 

Now it’s a 50/50, these clubs keeping quiet Killie, Morton, Forfar, Clyde and Montrose etc should not have the audacity to complain if it goes our way in respect of compensation, they didn’t give a shit for our expulsion, money was there motive.. so if they have a problem, the problem lies with their votes and the anger should be to the spfl and the Celtic mob. 

You’re right. The spfl is potentially gambling with the future of some clubs and yet no one is saying wait a minute..

What do we expect (different from want) the outcome to be from Arbitration?

1. We lose, relegated with parachute payment.

2. We win but still relegated with £m's as compensation 

3. We win stay up, and leagues called null and void

4. We win, and reconstruction happens promotion, no relegation and extra teams in set up.

David McCaig
Just now, Gambo said:

4. We win, and reconstruction happens promotion, no relegation and extra teams in set up.

5. We win no relegation and no promotion. That's effectively what we are asking for.

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Does anybody even know if compensation has been offered already?

I only say this on the back of the Spfl admission that their rules were inadequate and they still, I assume, want to look out for all the clubs, being servants and all. It would follow they look to a compromise.......

Haven't a clue buddy

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, David McCaig said:

5. We win no relegation and no promotion. That's effectively what we are asking for.

Would love to win and league nil and void ! The world would end through east end of Glasgow 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I expect still relegated with compensation 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

You’re right. The spfl is potentially gambling with the future of some clubs and yet no one is saying wait a minute..

Exactly but why cant these chairmen see the obvious fact that they are being used as cannon fodder, acceptable losses by the spfl in their drive to appease the desires of Celtic? If, and its a very real possibility, Hearts and PT win this case, a lot of them will be liable for a club killing anount of cash. Why? Not becsuse big bad Jambos fought for their lawful rights but because of a lack of direction from the body paid to do so and very possibly because of a much deeper more sinister plan, to get whatever Glasgow Celtic want. 

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You mean Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery? That confirms what I was saying his specialty is around the jaw and mouth area and an obvious extension of dentistry. He did't become a dentist then go back to Uni and become an MD and surgeon which is what the poster I originally replied to seem to think. He wouldn't be doing liver, kidney, heart or any surgery south of the jaw would he? 

Yup. the guy just aint qualified enough to make major decisions on health. Personally I prefer to get my health advice from MP's and UK government ministers.

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Undecided, 3 or 4. Option 3 tickles me but i guess 4 is fairer on other teams. Though why i give a flying ramjam **** about a lot of them i dont know. Guess im just a squidgy lovey big softy 

11 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Fantastic post, It highlights the possible demise of other clubs due to the SPFL through their mismanagement of the whole situation and looks to the future

of clubs outwith the professional leagues.

It also asks for real change, change from the top tier is almost impossible to introduce with the current structure.

We all know that Scottish football in its current format is run for the benefit of all the parties sitting in Glasgow.

The media, clubs and fans all know of the disparity.

This can simply be how matches are refereed and we all have seen evidence of

how officials have came out and state they adjudicate games differently between the old

firm.

The league voting structure is set up to ensure no viable change can happen until

it is forced to do so.

Sadly, this would have been a great time to look into some of the issues regarding league structure but

clubs decided to look after number one and protect the cancer which is already rife in Scottish football.

Italian Lambretta
13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I have this feeling we will win our case but the arbitration panel will decide that relefation and compensation will be the best solution. 

The compensation better be massive or it will be all for nothing. If its not then i hope we have the opportunity to appeal and go back to court. 

So. Option 2

3 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Fantastic post, It highlights the possible demise of other clubs due to the SPFL through their mismanagement of the whole situation and looks to the future

It also asks for real change, change from the top tier is almost impossible to introduce with the current structure.

We all know that Scottish football in its current format is run for the benefit of all the parties sitting in Glasgow.

how officials have came out and state they adjudicate games differently between the old

firm.

The league voting structure is set up to ensure no viable change can happen until

multiple clubs force the change.

Sadly, this would have been a great time to look into some of the issues regarding league structure but

clubs decided to look after number one and protect the cancer which is already rife in Scottish football.

3 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

firm.

it is forced to do so.

I agree to a point but Scottish football seems to be about one club namely SEPTIC the other arse cheek is history now! IMO

35 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

You do realise this is actually already in place?

Null and void please....    let me put this out there... what if.....

the season was to be played out.....

who would be up for that!?

TyphoonJambo
10 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

firm.

it is forced to do so.

2 very good posts, both pointing out the totally obvious and both doomed to be afforded as much attention as flea on a hippos arse. 

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

3. can't.happen because of the way our petition - appeal has been worded.

I'm more in the 2. camp but significantly less than £ms.  Parachute payment plus a six figure sum and costs.

I know we have to believe arbitration is going to be super independent but we aren't guaranteed law lord standards of panel members.

And, I'm being paranoid, but in the event of us winning 'big' brings the whole corrupt organisation down and potentially teams going to the wall.  I think the panel members sub conscience will not allow them to award us a 'big win'.

Fire_At_The_Disco

If this doesn’t get resolved to our satisfaction can it be taken either back to COS or to the Court of Arbitration for sport in Switzerland? 

5 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

I would go for that but sadly not possible.Too much has happened since league was ended.Prize money already paid out- not insurmountable but messy to recalculate.Biggest problem is that European spots have been confirmed With UEFA and if the unthinkable happened and Rangers win the league,Celtic would be unable to sell the 9iar t shirts

54 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Could be wrong but I think this kind of criteria exists below league level in England. Whilst it's unusual to see unknown clubs rocket up their leagues (Salford etc) they can at least fund professional teams, travel, stadia and rub shoulders with teams they're promoted to play against (obvs some have sugar daddies but still)

8 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

If this doesn’t get resolved to our satisfaction can it be taken either back to COS or to the Court of Arbitration for sport in Switzerland? 

CoS for appeal only if there is a significant error of judgement in law with the decision.

Brandon Malone, Arbitration specialist on Sportsound said no to COAS because we are challenging on a point of law and therefore any appeals need to go down formal legal route. 

If potentially its a win but its compensation is it the arbitration panel who decide an amount of compensation or do they just say that the SPFL have to pay the amount we asked for?

49 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Exactly but why cant these chairmen see the obvious fact that they are being used as cannon fodder, acceptable losses by the spfl in their drive to appease the desires of Celtic? If, and its a very real possibility, Hearts and PT win this case, a lot of them will be liable for a club killing anount of cash. Why? Not becsuse big bad Jambos fought for their lawful rights but because of a lack of direction from the body paid to do so and very possibly because of a much deeper more sinister plan, to get whatever Glasgow Celtic want. 

I think they’ve just buried their heads in the sand to be honest

On 11/07/2020 at 20:41, Whatever said:

And sometimes you need to be allowed to call a hibs ***** for being a hibs *****.

Life’s a bitch.

Yes - this also

willie wallace
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I know the name and if its who I think you mean then I would have played in games with him at Union Park  in the 20 a side days....he was shit hot.

I think he was in the year above me at Forrie if it's who I think you mean.

Did he have dark curly hair ?

I played with Roy at    Tynecastle Boys u/18 and other clubs over the years.

Maybe give him a call just now to let him know how famous he is😀

56 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Me - because it is the only fair solution and I expect Ross Co 12th and Hamilton 11th

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Me - because it is the only fair solution and I expect Ross Co 12th and Hamilton 11th

I would be happy with that too. However, that is no longer an option. Simply no time anymore.

Captain Canada

Does anyone know if the amount of compensation (if that's the final outcome) will be influenced by the potential damage it could do to all teams or would that not come into the thinking? 

For example, if we can show we will lose £8m as a result of being expelled from the league, would that be awarded or would the panel look at the impact that might have on putting others out of business and award us a lower sum? 

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Does anyone know if the amount of compensation (if that's the final outcome) will be influenced by the potential damage it could do to all teams or would that not come into the thinking? 

For example, if we can show we will lose £8m as a result of being expelled from the league, would that be awarded or would the panel look at the impact that might have on putting others out of business and award us a lower sum? 

That should be completely irrelvant.  The compensation payable would be calculated on the basis of the loss to us and Partick Thistle and nothing else.

Edited by Jambo66

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I have this feeling we will win our case but the arbitration panel will decide that relefation and compensation will be the best solution. 

The compensation better be massive or it will be all for nothing. If its not then i hope we have the opportunity to appeal and go back to court. 

So. Option 2

If we WIN our case we will not be expelled from the Premiership.

colinmaroon

Celtic's League Title is going to prove very expensive - 

For all the other clubs in Scottish Football.

Just now, graygo said:

Fair enough, I'll drop the racist part but leave in the offensive.

Ok mate BTW I enjoyed your company at the JKB  hospitality sponsorship a year or two ago👍

Captain Canada
Just now, Jambo66 said:

That should be completely irrelvant.  The compensation payable would be calculated on the basis of the loss to us and Partick Thistle and nothing else.

Thanks for replying. I thought that was probably the case. 

I really can't believe that the SPFL is gambling with this when it's so easy to sort out. I'm sure we'll get the blame though if any clubs do go under.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Great post. I would add that a decent plan could be put in place to help sponsor any club who won the Lowland or Highand league if they have the will to continue at a higher level. The body running our sport could anticipate success and put into place schemes of development for the bigger wee clubs. Earmark funds for grounds development and so. But to be honest anything would be better than this mess.

Yes, mess being the correct word 

Clubs being denied because of the geographical location, despite meeting the current criteria. The criteria being changed because the club is not located West of Harthill or South of Stirling.

The prejudices/bigotry in Scottish football from the top down is a national disgrace and should have been got rid of a longtime ago. No one should be afraid of the two biggest clubs because the flourish due to sectarianism. They both should have been expelled years ago.

The famous riot after the 1980 Svottish Cup final between the two. Punishment, £20,000 fine for both clubs. The Ibrox inhabitants paid that to have the West terrace covered in 1967.

The fact that both the East and West ends of the national stadium, supposedly a neutral venue, are called the Celtic and Rangers ends, truly shows how neutral the venue is. Who ever is drawn as the home team in the final of a national cup competition should get the choice of which end their support gets.

Shouldn't matter if that requires the bigot brothers changing ends, tough.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Yes but to slate a country because of 2 arsehole football club's supporters doesn't sit right with me and I find it offensive to be lumped in with them.

Well that’s where we can agree. Unfortunately the rest of the football world views Scottish Football through the eyes of the Celtic/Rangers bigot fest and Marketing budgets get driven there .

The scandal of insisting on 4 OF matches in any TV contract is all that is wrong with Scottish Football and like it or not there are parallels with Scottish society.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I do think option 2. Whether we will get the full amount we wanted, I think we wont but still get a decent amount. I have accepted that we will be in the Championship next season so anything more is an amazing victory.

If we get a  big amount of compensation then other clubs will feel that (it wont be deadly to clubs but cause a few clubs problems) and could leave us in a strong position as I doubt we will keep first team spending at Premiership level (more in between the two leagues) so will keep money to use the following season.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )