SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

south morocco

Jezus, it’s getting worse after reading the last few pages. Hope all this BS goes in our favour. I’d quite happily take a good compensation now to end a few clubs and stroll the championship. Despise Scottish football except HMFC. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Good point. Also, how can the C3 proceed with their case which has already been dismissed by the COS ? 

That’s what I can’t get my head round mate , after they where dismissed I thought we would have  heard the last of the twats.

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

As a matter of urgency, we would like to clarify our position in relation to the role being played by Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers in our case against the SPFL.

Those clubs were named in the Petition, along with Stranraer, because they are the clubs most likely to be impacted by a decision in our favour. We are not, and have never been, in direct dispute with them.

The SPFL is opposing our Petition and will do so at the forthcoming arbitration.  Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers were not therefore required to litigate or arbitrate against us.  However, they chose to do so. 

For the avoidance of doubt, we accept that was a choice they were fully entitled to make, no doubt having been fully advised of the risks and costs.  We absolutely know and understand that was not a decision to be taken lightly.

This is not about two Clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle, battling against other member Clubs. This is about these two Clubs battling against the organisation, which is meant to look after all of our interests, and holding them accountable for their prejudicial actions. We would contend that any Club in our position would be taking similar action.

However, encouraging clubs to fund anyone’s costs in this process could create further division. We consider such an approach to be at odds with the fundamental requirement of the SPFL rules that the SPFL and each Club shall behave towards each other with the utmost good faith.  We cannot therefore let that pass without comment.

This statement will be completely ignored by the following:

SPFL

SFA

WEEGIA

CHEEKS

HARD OF THINKING 

maroonlegions
Just now, south morocco said:

Jezus, it’s getting worse after reading the last few pages. Hope all this BS goes in our favour. I’d quite happily take a good compensation now to end a few clubs and stroll the championship. Despise Scottish football except HMFC. 

This.

Time for Hearts to end the mr nice  guy approach to this now.

Gloves of to reveal the Gorgie Fist.   FTH.

Rick Sanchez

I'd imagine Hearts would have to vote yes to Utd's reconstruction, to show good faith and all that.

Although every fibre of my being would be inclined to vote no.

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, Jimmy Jimmy said:

Cheers although I do feel like a lot of it will go way over my head. To be truthful, I didn't really pay much attention to Scottish football when living at home but always liked to keep an eye on where our international players were plying their trade

Welcome.......

Don’t worry about it, if you don’t understand what’s happening just make shit up 🤣🤣 it’s the JKB way, you’ll fit right in. 👍

Neil Dongcaster
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So, do we have an arbitration panel yet?

Thought not.

Is this confirmed? Didn’t think we would know as it seems it’s all confidential.

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So any sign of those papers Lord Clark ORDERED the SPLF to produce??

What time is the close of play on them?? 

1700 hours, I’d have thought. Maybe being hand delivered by the SPFL board members who are out doing a sponsored walk and have taken the opportunity to go begging at football clubs enroute.

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Good point. Also, how can the C3 proceed with their case which has already been dismissed by the COS ? 

Ive genuinely no idea on what basis they get to have an input other than witnesses called by the spfl. 

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

This.

Time for Hearts to end the mr nice  guy approach to this now.

Gloves of to reveal the Gorgie Fist.   FTH.

I think we stopped being Mr Nice Guy the day the last reconstruction vote failed. The only way we had left was to be ruthless and steadfast. If we get the decision then maybe that’s a time to be more pragmatic and start to build bridges again. If we don’t, we’re going to be Mr Nasty for a considerable time yet.

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That podcast today seemed to suggest the documents would need to be with us by close of play today.

If not...

💣

Actually what would be the punishment if they did not give us it in time?

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Actually what would be the punishment if they did not give us it in time?

surely the spfl board would be in contempt of court

MarkDevriesScores4
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd imagine Hearts would have to vote yes to Utd's reconstruction, to show good faith and all that.

I think it would be a vote we should abstain from. Watch DU trying to get reconstruction through without our vote. Good luck 

15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So, do we have an arbitration panel yet?

Thought not.

Hearts need to get this interdict sorted out. We are beyond “good of the game stuff” now.

It's all confidential so we won't know who is on the panel

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Ive genuinely no idea on what basis they get to have an input other than witnesses called by the spfl. 

It makes no sense to me. Their only motion was to apply for our case to be dismissed. That motion was defeated. Why are they allowed to resurrect a defeated COS motion at arbitration ? Why on earth are they commiting to and risking losing 6 figure legal fees when their remaining interest is exactly the same case as the SPFL is already defending on their behalf. Must be a reason but it’s right over my head. Anyone ? Are they maybe just staying in the game in case the SPFL chuck the towel in ?

Edited by JimmyCant

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

surely the spfl board would be in contempt of court

Would be interesting to see the punishment handed out for that.

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I think it would be a vote we should abstain from. Watch DU trying to get reconstruction through without our vote. Good luck 

Good point mate!

Never thought of abstaining, that would be the right and proper thing to do :laugh:

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

It makes no sense to me. Their only motion was to apply for our case to be dismissed. That motion was defeated. Why are they allowed to resurrect a defeated COS motion at arbitration ? Why on earth are they commiting to and risking losing 6 figure legal fees when their remaining interest is exactly the same case as the SPFL is already defending on their behalf. Must be a reason but it’s right over my head. Anyone ?

I think Dundee Utd are just trying to pretend they are relevant.

The fact Robbie jumped at the chance to leave them for Hearts says it all.

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We’ve pushed for and voted for reconstruction throughout. We’d be pilloried if we suddenly voted against, quite rightly in my view

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It makes no sense to me. Their only motion was to apply for our case to be dismissed. That motion was defeated. Why are they allowed to resurrect a defeated COS motion at arbitration ? Why on earth are they commiting to and risking losing 6 figure legal fees when their remaining interest is exactly the same case as the SPFL is already defending on their behalf. Must be a reason but it’s right over my head. Anyone ? Are they maybe just staying in the game in case the SPFL chuck the towel in ?

Maybe they're not paying the vast majority and someone else is. Someone who has the resources (easily) and still have a status to protect. That would maybe make sense for what seems like an unnecessary action.

Edited by Riccarton3

highlandjambo3

Is it just me or has it been a fairly quiet few days from the arseholes usually having a pop at us....weegia, pundits etc.

I don’t trawl through every post and, I don’t buy any papers.  I do keep an eye on the news for the sports part to see how the next broadside against us is being inserted but, I just get a feeling the waters are a bit calmer than usual.  I think a few choice lines from lord Clark and, our stance has made people sit up and shut up (on the whole).  Get a feeling the runaway gubs have been told to clamp it by their masters, clam before the storm I hope.

If we deny relegation/promotion and we have another vote on recon for Scumdee Hibs benefit, we should wait 28 days before posting our vote. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve pushed for and voted for reconstruction throughout. We’d be pilloried if we suddenly voted against, quite rightly in my view

👍

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Is it just me or has it been a fairly quiet few days from the arseholes usually having a pop at us....weegia, pundits etc.

I don’t trawl through every post and, I don’t buy any papers.  I do keep an eye on the news for the sports part to see how the next broadside against us is being inserted but, I just get a feeling the waters are a bit calmer than usual.  I think a few choice lines from lord Clark and, our stance has made people sit up and shut up (on the whole).  Get a feeling the runaway gubs have been told to clamp it by their masters, clam before the storm I hope.

Your mention of the news - do you mean the EEN?  I went on there to have a quick read at any interesting articles - not just Hearts - and got the pop-up page that has been on the Scotsman for ages. telling me I had x number of free articles this week, but to register my email address for more.  When did they start with this?  There's been a begging paragraph fro the editor after every article for the last few weeks.  This looks like the begging isn't working.

I haven't registered with the Scotsman and I'm not doing with the EEN.  Leaves me with just the BBC and kickback as Hearts news sources.  😱

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Was speaking to one of my neighbours today, a Dundee utd fan (I live in kdy) and he sounded like he was really afraid of being bounced into the championship. 

TBF to him, he was/is pro recon, but as battle lines have been drawn it seems it's us v them, despite the legal ramifications of this case.

Like a toddler tantrum saying it's no fair. I guess I wound him up a bit. But trying to get him to accept it's the SPFLs doing and we're only protecting us...jeez!

Law trumps everything I guess.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we deny relegation/promotion and we have another vote on recon for Scumdee Hibs benefit, we should wait 28 days before posting our vote. 

Then say not to count that vote and can we change it?

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Your mention of the news - do you mean the EEN?  I went on there to have a quick read at any interesting articles - not just Hearts - and got the pop-up page that has been on the Scotsman for ages. telling me I had x number of free articles this week, but to register my email address for more.  When did they start with this?  There's been a begging paragraph fro the editor after every article for the last few weeks.  This looks like the begging isn't working.

I haven't registered with the Scotsman and I'm not doing with the EEN.  Leaves me with just the BBC and kickback as Hearts news sources.  😱

I mean any news.. tv...papers...arseholes etc...all a wee bit quiet.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

Our players must undoubtedly be the favourites of Fraser Wishart.

Any time there is a threat to a Hearts players wages or contract conditions, then Wishart is immediately raising their case in the media and highlighting their position to our club management.

Immediate responses and supportive actions by your union against your employers is what all union members want from their union and its head spokesperson.

I feel sorry for the players of the other clubs as Wishart does not represent them with the vigour and rigour that he always represents our players with .................

The strange thing about that is by all accounts our players have actually been treated the best as Budge went for higher basic incomes instead of bonuses. The rush to have a go at Budge for every little thing is one of the worst things about the coverage of everything since March.

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

Or as the beaks would have you think:

Lawwell trumps everything. 

TyphoonJambo
36 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Is it possible they could start the tribunal on a Saturday or Sunday?  I mean if it's all prepared there's no reason not to surely.

Barcelona couldn't afford legal fees at double time weekend  rates. RR and DU would need Bob the tramp Geldoff to raise that kind of cash

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If we win it’s a 12 team premiership. It’s the SPFL’s problem to get Dundee Utd into the top league if they so choose. That would require a reconstruction vote.

Only if arbitration specifically reverses promotion as well as relegation which he doesn't have to as far as I can see.

29 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

1700 hours, I’d have thought. Maybe being hand delivered by the SPFL board members who are out doing a sponsored walk and have taken the opportunity to go begging at football clubs enroute.

I hear what you s are all saying , but it has to be under way to finish before Tuesday 

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Undoubtedly unfair prejudice against the players of other clubs. If I were one I’d be demanding to know why I pay my subs when all he is interested in is the welfare of Hearts players. He doesn’t even try to hide his bias towards Hearts players. Complete favouritism. Shocking.

Didn't he used to play for us? It could just be a case of the media only call him up when it's Hearts related. We help sell papers apparently.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Then say not to count that vote and can we change it?

Aye. Troll the absolute shite out of them. 

Celtic1ICT3
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

So Dundee would get 3 votes :)

Wednesday was the day for the paperwork to be handed over, this gets juicer by the day.

Dundee were entitled to one vote by the deadline but another club failed to meet the deadline.............but despite that it was counted but Dundee's was not even after it was discovered that night to have been delivered before the deadline! The SPFL stated 'As at 5pm, the SPFL had received 39 responses..' So they had received 40 votes. One vote came in during the meeting. It therefore missed the deadline. However, it was counted!

In a letter to all clubs, see here https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sports/2020/04/29/a-closer-look-at-the-spfl-boards-approach-to-ending-the-season/ he advises that Dundee’s initial ‘no’ vote got lost in the email system and they withdrew it when they heard the interim results. MacLennan said: “The legal advice we received was that Dundee FC were entitled to change their mind and accept a second return in favour of the resolution and that the SPFL board should accept that as a valid return.

The Chairman, Murdo MacLennan, indicated that it was a mistake to set the 5pm deadline. Normally we stop counting votes at the deadline!! The SPFL did their own thing counting two votes after the deadline one of which was the second vote by Dundee.

MacLennan claimed the Dundee voting situation was not of the SPFL board’s making. But he admitted they should have given clubs until the following week to vote after issuing the resolution on Wednesday and asking them to vote by 5pm on Friday. He added that waiting the normal 28 days for votes was not possible..............

Just now, troy said:

I hear what you s are all saying , but it has to be under way to finish before Tuesday 

Lord Clark set the court time aside to ensure the process was started, not necessarily concluded.

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Barcelona couldn't afford legal fees at double time weekend  rates. RR and DU would need Bob the tramp Geldoff to raise that kind of cash

I didn't think they would have another going rate for a weekend bash :)  Already excessive enough prices.  TY.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Celtic1ICT3 said:

Dundee were entitled to one vote by the deadline but another club failed to meet the deadline.............but despite that it was counted but Dundee's was not even after it was discovered that night to have been delivered before the deadline! The SPFL stated 'As at 5pm, the SPFL had received 39 responses..' So they had received 40 votes. One vote came in during the meeting. It therefore missed the deadline. However, it was counted!

In a letter to all clubs, see here https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sports/2020/04/29/a-closer-look-at-the-spfl-boards-approach-to-ending-the-season/ he advises that Dundee’s initial ‘no’ vote got lost in the email system and they withdrew it when they heard the interim results. MacLennan said: “The legal advice we received was that Dundee FC were entitled to change their mind and accept a second return in favour of the resolution and that the SPFL board should accept that as a valid return.

The Chairman, Murdo MacLennan, indicated that it was a mistake to set the 5pm deadline. Normally we stop counting votes at the deadline!! The SPFL did their own thing counting two votes after the deadline one of which was the second vote by Dundee.

MacLennan claimed the Dundee voting situation was not of the SPFL board’s making. But he admitted they should have given clubs until the following week to vote after issuing the resolution on Wednesday and asking them to vote by 5pm on Friday. He added that waiting the normal 28 days for votes was not possible..............

I think arbitration is going to be based around arguing every single part of this.

Auld Reekin'
17 minutes ago, Boris said:

Was speaking to one of my neighbours today, a Dundee utd fan (I live in kdy) and he sounded like he was really afraid of being bounced into the championship. 

TBF to him, he was/is pro recon, but as battle lines have been drawn it seems it's us v them, despite the legal ramifications of this case.

Like a toddler tantrum saying it's no fair. I guess I wound him up a bit. But trying to get him to accept it's the SPFLs doing and we're only protecting us...jeez!

It should never have come to this but it did, unfortunately.

Utd. had the chance to vote for reconstruction, at little or no detriment or cost to themselves (unless reconstruction meant that they'd have fewer home games against the erse-cheeks, I suppose) but chose not to. Reconstruction guaranteeing them their place in the top division would surely have been better for them than the current uncertainty along with the possibility that they remain in the Championship.

However, they chose the fight and the battleground.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If they are found to have done nothing wrong in arbitration what's not to stop every single vote being a complete farce? How much do you bet they get a win on a technicality then rewrite their rules.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Didn't he used to play for us? It could just be a case of the media only call him up when it's Hearts related. We help sell papers apparently.

I was being facetious. He clearly has some agenda with Hearts despite playing for us. He has said feck all about wage deferrals/cuts at other clubs and was all over us like a rash. For balance he should either take the same approach with the  other clubs, or make a public apology to Hearts in relation for the rashness of comments and conduct when we were the first to see what the financial impact of COVID-19 was going to be.

He’s another fecking imposter who needs called out. Not an ounce of decency.

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

This is laughable. Anyone can do and say anything and just say "I had a different hat on". It would certainly explain why ND jumps seamlessly from daft laddie to incompetent CEO. 

Where will this lead to? "I broke the player's legs last night ahead of the big game but it was in my capacity as a private citizen and not chairman of a club." 

You may be liable to legal proceedings as the SFA would have no authority over a private citizen!

28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We would vote for it for the reasons you've stated, can you imagine how lofty our moral high ground would be?

Oh, and we should take the full 28 days to vote.

Edited by graygo

john thomas
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I was being facetious. He clearly has some agenda with Hearts despite playing for us. He has said feck all about wage deferrals/cuts at other clubs and was all over us like a rash. For balance he should either take the same approach with the  other clubs, or make a public apology to Hearts in relation for the rashness of comments and conduct when we were the first to see what the financial impact of COVID-19 was going to be.

He’s another fecking imposter who needs called out. Not an ounce of decency.

simply not true

37 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They're not.

8.6.8 Where the subject matter of a Case or other matter has been the subject of previous civil or criminal proceedings, the result of such proceedings and the facts and matters upon which such result is based, shall be presumed to be correct and the facts presumed to be true unless it is shown, by clear and convincing evidence, that this is not the case.

29 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I  think most people rightly or wrongly are of the opinion that reconstruction isn't happening now and it's all about compensation, it was only ever big news when reconstruction was firmly in the frame . It may well still be but to the laymen  they probably feel that ship has sailed . 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )