SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

44 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Arbitrators  decide they want to question Doncaster in private as they are concerned he may not be telling the truth, the whole truth or anything like the truth

Things take a surprising turn...

Episode 93 – The Deck tech no-one expected! Spanish Inquisition ...

Although nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, may I suggest that seeing as the worst they could come up with was a '"Comfy Chair" that they be accompanied by The Bishop from Blackadder with his red-hot poker?

20200710_220928.jpg

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Fitba' broke my Heart
40 minutes ago, Boof said:

Still two Dundee Uniteds and no Heart of Midlothian on SPFL website.

I emailed them just after 1500 on Wednesday but haven't even received an acknowledgement yet.

Pretty poor show, IMO.

I used the complaint procedure and got an auto reply saying thanks for complaining and you will get a reply in 10 working days.

tick, tock............

Just now, niblick1874 said:

This is not a court.

Well, it is, kind of.

But that's been covered already in this thread.

niblick1874
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Well, it is, kind of.

But that's been covered already in this thread.

It is not kind of. It is not.

Reporting Scotland tonight

Scottish football is back and they show Hearts v St Mirren running out for the last game played 

No agenda there

niblick1874
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Care to expand?

This is not for all to see. 

brunoatemyhamster
7 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Credits more like. 3EA5FD9F-7E68-4C4A-82B1-A73EB18027DD.thumb.jpeg.b4689a6d4406d613b2d10e0059a8b244.jpeg

:verysmug:

But but but.... My mates a retired bank manager! 

I swear retired was a spelling mistake. 

10 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Credits more like. 3EA5FD9F-7E68-4C4A-82B1-A73EB18027DD.thumb.jpeg.b4689a6d4406d613b2d10e0059a8b244.jpeg

:verysmug:

Every interloper including media interlopers will hate you for posting that.

niblick1874
Just now, Boris said:

This post is sponsored by Bacofoil.

And there you have the answer of someone that had no choice but to try and play the man. 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Still two Dundee Uniteds and no Heart of Midlothian on SPFL website.

I emailed them just after 1500 on Wednesday but haven't even received an acknowledgement yet.

Pretty poor show, IMO.

No one has checked the spam folder for a while, too busy shredding docs at the moment

Just remember that we're only at this point now because 41 emails all went into the correct SPFL inbox but the one THAT decided it went AWOL for time and that said team who voted then had dialogue with the people in charge to then change it - anyone that thinks we can't or won't be reinstated into the top flight needs their head read,we've been done like kippers and justice shall prevail 

26 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

see if we win, our new sponsor better be calpol

To build on this I’d like to see Ann portrayed as that Greek goddess lassie but replace the scale things with a bottle of calpol and the sword with a spoon 

8 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

And there you have the answer of someone that had no choice but to try and play the man. 

Because you were slavering?

niblick1874

Because you were slavering?

Where? Why did you not point it out when I did? 

Edited by niblick1874

Phil D. Corners
4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Just remember that we're only at this point now because 41 emails all went into the correct SPFL inbox but the one THAT decided it went AWOL for time and that said team who voted then had dialogue with the people in charge to then change it - anyone that thinks we can't or won't be reinstated into the top flight needs their head read,we've been done like kippers and justice shall prevail 

Ive been out of the IT game for a while, but really want to know if the mail going to the quarantine folder is a realistic scenario?  

A history check of the Dundee email address used would be interesting. We’re emails received before without issue etc

Thankfully Ann made millions from IT and I assume would be all over that. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I see Anne (I hate that spelling error) Budge and Robbie the jobbie Neilson have donated to Raith.

What fantastic wit

1 minute ago, niblick1874 said:

No you did not.

Whatever. Your post regards arbitration appeared to suggest that regardless of outcome the SPFL would say sorry too late. That is irrelevant if it's decided we've been wronged. Arbitration is still under the auspices of the law. As far as I understand it at least.

Rumour Alert ..... two suspicious blokes spotted in McLeod Street wearing walking boots and tangerine tops ...

Alert Rumour

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Rumour Alert ..... two suspicious blokes spotted in McLeod Street wearing walking boots and tangerine tops ...

Alert Rumour

Russell road dark and quiet this time of night, hope they get passed there ok.....

niblick1874
10 minutes ago, Boris said:

Whatever. Your post regards arbitration appeared to suggest that regardless of outcome the SPFL would say sorry too late. That is irrelevant if it's decided we've been wronged. Arbitration is still under the auspices of the law. As far as I understand it at least.

Whatever? Appeared to suggest? 

It's not a court. 

Edited by niblick1874

How about a "what if"guys, and girls.

What if the arbitration panel sends it back to Lord Clark ,2 weeks away ish,he looks at it and rules that the SPFL must reinstate us into the prem lge.Another week at least maybe 2.

That would take us to August.Lge meant to start on the 1st.We have had no pre season so would they allow us the same time the other teams have had,4-5 weeks,or would they make us start the lge asap.If we are allowed time to have some kind of pre season this would cause all sorts of problems ,sky deal,european fixtures.Plus now getting into september, fixture biuld up etc.Loads of problems,not of our making,but none the less problems.Thoughts?

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Of course it was possible - no club was going to go bust in 28 days when they knew the "much needed cash" was on it's way. In any case, for the VAST majority of clubs it was a trifling sum (eg the much quoted £3K that Forfar got). 

This is complete bullshit but of course the media didn't bother to question any of it. Not least the 5.00PM deadline - this wasn't a "mistake" - it was the underhand tactics around the voting process that are the  issue, not the timing of the "deadline". 

The timing of the deadline to submit votes is critical. McLennan saying that it was not possible to wait the normal 28 days is gold dust for us.

6 minutes ago, assessor said:

Russell road dark and quiet this time of night, hope they get passed there ok.....

RUMOUR:- Passing Roseburn Bar ... 

9 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

It's not a court. 

Yeah, whatever. If semantics are your comfort blanket then you carry on being Linus.

niblick1874

Yeah, whatever. If semantics are your comfort blanket then you carry on being Linus.

I don't have a comfort blanket. Where are you getting all this?

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Arbitrators  decide they want to question Doncaster in private as they are concerned he may not be telling the truth, the whole truth or anything like the truth

Things take a surprising turn...

Episode 93 – The Deck tech no-one expected! Spanish Inquisition ...

Well I think we all know who the SPFL's chief weapon is!

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Surely they haven't set aff at this time of night 😂

Sneaky lift hame at the Forth bridge. Then a lift to the Tay bridge tomorrow afternoon. 

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Another one pleading poverty you would think there was a possible legal compensation level about to be set 

Donkeys telling them all say your skint

That’s fine. We can take any payments spread over a couple of years at 8% interest.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Here's a cracking tale from Big Alex on the Raith forum.

"Just heard from a pal of mine (Bury supporter so he knows how we are feeling) who knows of my Rovers attachment), has been following things from a safe distance! He has slightly different take on things.

He believes that Hearts actually know (or knew) that they were going to get relegated and kick this all off. NOT because they thought that they could actually avoid relegation but if they kicked up enough trouble they would get an out of court settlement in excess of the standard parachute payment. It would be a way to pay off all the debts they have run up. But it morphed into what it is now because they couldn't lose out financially because its not THEIR money they are burning.

FYI my pal is a retired bank manager, so he has a fair handle on the monetary stuff."

🤣🤣

I'm a retired Senior Bank Manager, so I outrank Big Alex's pal, and I'm calling bullshit.  I'm assuming his Bank Manager friend hasn't bothered to examine our latest accounts, otherwise he would have seen we have no external debt, other than normal trade debt.

He's also clearly unaware that we have some serious financial benefactors, one of whom recently donated over £3m to the SPFL to benefit all clubs.  

24 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Looks like next Saturday is the welcoming day :pleasing:

Screenshot_20200710-231622_Samsung Internet.jpg

Would be ****ing hilarious if they’re punted back to their rightful place in the Championship on Friday. At least Fatty Arabuckle and his pal will be able to pay 5% of their lost lawyers fees. 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

"No reconstruction under any circumstances" ©Dundee United

Ha ha, that quote could sure come back to bite them.

49 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

It's not a court. 

The decision taken by the Arbitration Tribunal will be legally binding on both parties, providing the correct procedures have been followed and the law has been interpreted correctly.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

It is not kind of. It is not.

It is actually.  The arbitration panel is impartial and has all the powers available to it that the Court of Session would have.  You should maybe listen to the Sportsound podcast from last Saturday, when an Advocate explained how the process works.  This is essentially a civil court case, but played behind closed doors.  The SPFL or SFA have no influence over it.  

jamboinglasgow

Anyone got any ideas when the Arbitration will be, how long it will take and how soon will we get an outcome?

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Ive been out of the IT game for a while, but really want to know if the mail going to the quarantine folder is a realistic scenario?  

A history check of the Dundee email address used would be interesting. We’re emails received before without issue etc

Thankfully Ann made millions from IT and I assume would be all over that. 

More to the point, the SPFL QC admitted in the COS last week that the Dundee no vote was received before the deadline.  Whether it ended up in a quarantine folder or not is irrelevant, though I agree with you and others that this is a highly dubious claim (among many other highly dubious things done by the SPFL in assuring that they got the result they wanted, as insisted on by Peter).

Could Donkee United, Raith Robbers and Covid Rangers' plan be to have the tribunal stopped after only 80% of the evidence, and to give the SPFL nominated Arbitor an extra vote if necessary to ensure defeat of the petition?

Guess that would be consistent with their level of sporting integrity and fairness. 

18 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Could Donkee United, Raith Robbers and Covid Rangers' plan be to have the tribunal stopped after only 80% of the evidence, and to give the SPFL nominated Arbitor an extra vote if necessary to ensure defeat of the petition?

Guess that would be consistent with their level of sporting integrity and fairness. 

In fairness it would be the SPFL who would plan to stop the tribunal after it being 80% heard. I appreciate that would have made it more difficult to get your clever Donkee, Robbers and Covid in though 👍

niblick1874
36 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It is actually.  The arbitration panel is impartial and has all the powers available to it that the Court of Session would have.  You should maybe listen to the Sportsound podcast from last Saturday, when an Advocate explained how the process works.  This is essentially a civil court case, but played behind closed doors.  The SPFL or SFA have no influence over it.  

It is not open. A court in Scotland is. I see that as a big difference.  

1 hour ago, skjhearts said:

How about a "what if"guys, and girls.

What if the arbitration panel sends it back to Lord Clark ,2 weeks away ish,he looks at it and rules that the SPFL must reinstate us into the prem lge.Another week at least maybe 2.

That would take us to August.Lge meant to start on the 1st.We have had no pre season so would they allow us the same time the other teams have had,4-5 weeks,or would they make us start the lge asap.If we are allowed time to have some kind of pre season this would cause all sorts of problems ,sky deal,european fixtures.Plus now getting into september, fixture biuld up etc.Loads of problems,not of our making,but none the less problems.Thoughts?

There's no "what if". Arbitration is legally binding - unless there are some very exceptional circumstances.

Hearts case is legally quite straightforward and will succeed or fall on its own merits. 

The SPFL Board have gone to court & arbitration on the basis the clubs have had two chances to go for recon and rejected both. ND will say the clubs choices are in the dock, not the Board. 

If it all goes titz up they'll blame the clubs, regardless of the fallout. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )