SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

10 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

If we are only just getting what I would imagine would be quite a volume of files, we will surely need time to sift through them for key points of evidence. 

The less time we have to do this is a huge disadvantage. Clearly why we will get them at the last possible moment and it could mean a busy weekend for someone.

Would also be concerned about the logistics of the tribunal. Will the panel be in the same building as the Spfl lawyers etc (Hampden) with our team relying on an internet link?

Whilst social distancing would have to apply the chance to exert pressure on the panel would be there outwith the actual trial. Paranoid maybe but these vile corrupt bassas are capable of anything.

I would not worry much about the time to read, I think we know exactly what we are looking for in documents !!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

I would not worry much about the time to read, I think we know exactly what we are looking for in documents !!

Just look for the Tippex.

Toxteth O'Grady
44 minutes ago, Jambo Mac said:

Hopefully Dundee haven’t sent the request to players by e mail or they won’t know about it They do have a history of not being able to do this properly

image.gif.3c43984db90204c6f911f37a2d8598af.gif

They sent a pdf file to multiple recipients - the scumdee players will need to check there spam and junk folders 

Glamorgan Jambo

The C3 have been played like fiddles by the SPFL. Gave the SPFL a free hit at getting the case dismissed which leaves the C3 on the hook for costs after the inevitable failure of the motion. Goodness knows why they’re still directly involved but if what McLauchlin says is true it’s for sure that the SPFL are desperate to

keep them on the card. Can’t see the slightest way in which their involvement helps the SPFLs case from a legal perspective.

3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

They sent a pdf file to multiple recipients - the scumdee players will need to check there spam and junk folders 

Presumably 5 days ago Nelms sent a WhatsApp photo to the players showing next months wages with the full amount and his signature

manaliveits105

Another one pleading poverty you would think there was a possible legal compensation level about to be set 

Donkeys telling them all say your skint

John Findlay

I wonder when Ron the Con will issue his ultimatum to the Hibs players.

The common denominator here. American owners. They dont play by European employment rules.

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Si is that midnight deadline set by Dundee real or have the players got till next Wednesday?

Dundee may suspend the contracts of players yet to accept pay cuts amid financial turmoil at Dens Park.

In an email sent to players, seen by Courier Sport, the Dark Blues suggested they could invoke “clause 12” in their contracts, which allows clubs to stop payments if the SFA halt football.

The clause states: “In the event of the Scottish FA deciding that the game shall be suspended, either entirely or in any district or districts as provided for in the articles of association of the Scottish FA, this agreement shall be correspondingly suspended, unless the club is exempted from such suspension or the club otherwise determines.”

It is understood eight Dee players have yet to indicate whether or not they will accept the pay cuts proposed by the club amid financial hardship sparked by the coronavirus shutdown.

They have been given a deadline of midnight tonight to respond.

Dundee have lost revenue worth over £500,000 since football was suspended in March and face at least three more months of severely limited income, with the Championship not set to kick off until October.

I

Biffa Bacon
15 minutes ago, graygo said:

Si is that midnight deadline set by Dundee real or have the players got till next Wednesday?

28 Days, midnight will just be indicative deadline.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, hmfc_steve said:

Just use a false email .... It works. 🙂

👍

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder when Ron the Con will issue his ultimatum to the Hibs players.

The common denominator here. American owners. They dont play by European employment rules.

Sport is all business all the time for them. There's no such things as community clubs in US pro sport. Penny for Tom Farmer's thoughts... he was all about the community aspect of the club. This could have been us if Budge hadn't told Gordon to do one.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Jambo Mac said:

Hopefully Dundee haven’t sent the request to players by e mail or they won’t know about it They do have a history of not being able to do this properly

image.gif.3c43984db90204c6f911f37a2d8598af.gif

Won't they be changing it anyway?

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Oops

Interesting.  I think it's safe to assume that Dundee will not be contributing to the C3 fighting fund?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, RobNox said:

Interesting.  I think it's safe to assume that Dundee will not be contributing to the C3 fighting fund?

They've already done their bit to get those clubs promoted at our expense.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

They could of course try to facilitate a 13 league team for a year which would please all party's involved in the arbitration process while annoying the **** out of many that aren't . 😂

Ah but, a 13 team league would amount to reconstruction, which the majority of clubs, including the C3, voted against.  Now I'm sure the C3 would change their stance if given a new vote on reconstruction, I'm not sure how many of the other clubs would though.  Rock and hard place springs to mind.

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They've already done their bit to get those clubs promoted at our expense.

Quite, and that's coming back to bite them on the arse big style

I know she's not into petty bickering (unlike me) but it would be funny if they went into liquidation and we issued a statement which Ann concludes with 'say sorry to John Nelms'.

pharmaceutical01

Serious question but if the two Dundee clubs were to merge, would the new club stay in the premiership or have to start in league 2 or below as a new entity??

3 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Serious question but if the two Dundee clubs were to merge, would the new club stay in the premiership or have to start in league 2 or below as a new entity??

Think we could generously agree they take up Dundee's place in the championship.

WorldChampions1902

So, as D-day approaches, what are the possible outcomes?

1. Case is referred back to CoS by panelist’s (for any one of a number of reasons)

2. Arbitration determines that Hearts remain a Premiership Club and instructs SPFL to proceed with a remedy on that basis. (Similar restorative conclusion for PT).

3. Arbitration decides expellation should stand but that compensation is payable.

4. Arbitration decides that Hearts remain a Premier Club. In recognition of the impracticalities of reinstatement for season 20-21, awards Hearts punitive damages and instructs the SPFL to ensure that Hearts start season 21-22 in the top-flight, regardless of their final league placing in the Championship at end of this season. (Similar restoration of PT’s league status and compo)

5. Whatever the outcome, either side decides it has grounds for appeal and attempts to refer this back to the CoS.

6. Between now and Arbitration concluding, the SPFL/Member clubs reconvene and push through a solution to the satisfaction of Hearts/PT.

7. Wild card. Something (else) unforeseen throws a huge spanner in all of the above potential outcomes.

8. We outright lose!

Have I missed anything?
Edited by WorldChampions1902

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

1. Case is referred back to CoS by panelist’s (for any one of a number of reasons)

2. Arbitration determines that Hearts remain a Premiership Club and instructs SPFL to proceed with a remedy on that basis. (Similar restorative conclusion for PT).

3. Arbitration decides expellation should stand but that compensation is payable.

4. Arbitration decides that Hearts remain a Premier Club. In recognition of the impracticalities of reinstatement for season 20-21, awards Hearts punitive damages and instructs the SPFL to ensure that Hearts start season 21-22 in the top-flight, regardless of their final league placing in the Championship at end of this season. (Similar restoration of PT’s league status and compo)

5. Whatever the outcome, either side decides it has grounds for appeal and attempts to refer this back to the CoS.

6. Between now and Arbitration concluding, the SPFL/Member clubs reconvene and push through a solution to the satisfaction of Hearts/PT.

7. Wild card. Something (else) unforeseen throws a huge spanner in all of the above potential outcomes.

8. We outright lose!

Have I missed anything?

Arbitrators  decide they want to question Doncaster in private as they are concerned he may not be telling the truth, the whole truth or anything like the truth

Things take a surprising turn...

Episode 93 – The Deck tech no-one expected! Spanish Inquisition ...

Edited by scott herbertson

Here's a cracking tale from Big Alex on the Raith forum.

"Just heard from a pal of mine (Bury supporter so he knows how we are feeling) who knows of my Rovers attachment), has been following things from a safe distance! He has slightly different take on things.

He believes that Hearts actually know (or knew) that they were going to get relegated and kick this all off. NOT because they thought that they could actually avoid relegation but if they kicked up enough trouble they would get an out of court settlement in excess of the standard parachute payment. It would be a way to pay off all the debts they have run up. But it morphed into what it is now because they couldn't lose out financially because its not THEIR money they are burning.

FYI my pal is a retired bank manager, so he has a fair handle on the monetary stuff."

🤣🤣

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

"Just heard from a pal of mine (Bury supporter so he knows how we are feeling) who knows of my Rovers attachment), has been following things from a safe distance! He has slightly different take on things.

He believes that Hearts actually know (or knew) that they were going to get relegated and kick this all off. NOT because they thought that they could actually avoid relegation but if they kicked up enough trouble they would get an out of court settlement in excess of the standard parachute payment. It would be a way to pay off all the debts they have run up. But it morphed into what it is now because they couldn't lose out financially because its not THEIR money they are burning.

FYI my pal is a retired bank manager, so he has a fair handle on the monetary stuff."

🤣🤣

Dammit they’re onto us 😬

Still two Dundee Uniteds and no Heart of Midlothian on SPFL website.

I emailed them just after 1500 on Wednesday but haven't even received an acknowledgement yet.

Pretty poor show, IMO.

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣

Feck me they are thick

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣

They must all be missing the Fringe this coming August 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣

James Anderson (and others) says hello!

michael_corleone_say9c42c51b26.gif

20 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

8. We outright lose!

Have I missed anything?

Number 3 for me but compensation to be paid over 5 years

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣

Are they resorting to just making things up now. This is so pish, it wouldn't even get on sisterfister.net.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What have Bury got in common with Raith?

Hopefully soon enough for the chairman 

54 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Ah but, a 13 team league would amount to reconstruction, which the majority of clubs, including the C3, voted against.  Now I'm sure the C3 would change their stance if given a new vote on reconstruction, I'm not sure how many of the other clubs would though.  Rock and hard place springs to mind.

"No reconstruction under any circumstances" ©Dundee United

12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Are they resorting to just making things up now. This is so pish, it wouldn't even get on sisterfister.net.

There is something similar from a poster on .net that we need the money to pay our debts 

TyphoonJambo
31 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/starks-park-to-tannadice-walk

So, Cove Rangers fans walking to Tannadice, Raith fans walking to Tannadice, yet TweedleDee and TweedleDumb think they should be involving Tynecastle.

🙄

Biggest donation from "leith boy" 🤔🤔

Lochend weltboy

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Biggest donation from "leith boy" 🤔🤔

Lochend weltboy

If you’d had their derby experiences, you’d pay to make it stop too, even if only for a season.

Brave Hearts
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Dundee may suspend the contracts of players yet to accept pay cuts amid financial turmoil at Dens Park.

In an email sent to players, seen by Courier Sport, the Dark Blues suggested they could invoke “clause 12” in their contracts, which allows clubs to stop payments if the SFA halt football.

The clause states: “In the event of the Scottish FA deciding that the game shall be suspended, either entirely or in any district or districts as provided for in the articles of association of the Scottish FA, this agreement shall be correspondingly suspended, unless the club is exempted from such suspension or the club otherwise determines.”

It is understood eight Dee players have yet to indicate whether or not they will accept the pay cuts proposed by the club amid financial hardship sparked by the coronavirus shutdown.

They have been given a deadline of midnight tonight to respond.

Dundee have lost revenue worth over £500,000 since football was suspended in March and face at least three more months of severely limited income, with the Championship not set to kick off until October.

I

Fraser Wishart where are you ?

I can’t see you on the TV

I can’t hear you on the radio

I can’t read your word in the media

Ooops it isn’t the Hearts doung this or the Jambo players affected so Wishart will not bother to do or say anything to support his own union members against their club like he is so quick to do when its our club. 

Zico's left foot
26 minutes ago, Boof said:

I emailed them just after 1500 on Wednesday but haven't even received an acknowledgement yet.

Pretty poor show, IMO.

"Apparently" they have a really vicious spam filter!

29 minutes ago, Boof said:

Pretty poor show, IMO.

Cheap dig by those melts. 

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

If we are only just getting what I would imagine would be quite a volume of files, we will surely need time to sift through them for key points of evidence. 

The less time we have to do this is a huge disadvantage. Clearly why we will get them at the last possible moment and it could mean a busy weekend for someone.

Would also be concerned about the logistics of the tribunal. Will the panel be in the same building as the Spfl lawyers etc (Hampden) with our team relying on an internet link?

Whilst social distancing would have to apply the chance to exert pressure on the panel would be there outwith the actual trial. Paranoid maybe but these vile corrupt bassas are capable of anything.

Weekend rates for QCs and underlings will end up costing the SFA/SPFL/C3 a fortune in costs.....pleasing!

niblick1874
6 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

In the first few hours of last weeks hearings, Lord Clark asked their QC’s a “what if” question around the season having started and Hearts case subsequently being found in their favour. The reluctant answer that QC gave was that the season “would be stopped”, inferring that Hearts reinstatement WOULD be accommodated and new fixtures issued.

Are you suggesting that the QC was lying? If he was, what do you think will happen?

I think they are leading us down a garden path that in the end will be that long there will be no chance of figuring out a way to get us back into the top league according to their calculations. They will then, while they have us at the bottom of the garden, have the MSM put us in the stocks and tell everyone why they should throw what every they want at us if we ask for more than 500.000.     

3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

see if we win, our new sponsor better be calpol

Too late, they are sponsoring the league, taste of their own medicine!

2 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I think they are leading us down a garden path that in the end will be that long there will be no chance of figuring out a way to get us back into the top league according to their calculations. They will then, while they have us at the bottom of the garden, have the MSM put us in the stocks and tell everyone why they should throw what every they want at us if we ask for more than 500.000.     

If it's decided we should be reinstated, then that's what will happen. The court aren't concerned about the ball ache it causes them. You seem to think that the Court and the SPFL are in cahoots.

niblick1874
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

If it's decided we should be reinstated, then that's what will happen. The court aren't concerned about the ball ache it causes them. You seem to think that the Court and the SPFL are in cahoots.

This is not a court.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )