SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

doctor jambo
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

It depends if it is just the Board members doing the speaking or if any other clubs (or just Dundee Utd, Raitth and Cove) are doing this. 

It stinks, frankly. 

All this should be put in front of the panel

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

SPFL the arseholes that just keep giving! 

Surly this encouragement for other Clubs to step up to the begging bowl of the Calpol3 by the SPFL board members needs to be addressed now. Not to mention other clubs being asked by the Calpol3.

This must breach the rules. 

Come on SFA let’s hear you!!

ToadKiller Dog
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Wow on Sportscene podcast.

SPFL board members have been going out clubs to ask them to support the C3 financially.

But not in their capacity as SPFL board members. 

They really can't get any more ridiculous in the way they act .

Hi Morton ,"its me the head guy Ross from the Pars  how are you ? ,Im speaking today with my deer stalker hat on just so you know im not representative of the spfl board as I would be wearing my Sombrero. 

Would you be willing to give a few grand to those poor 3 clubs fighting against the evil m8 pair trying to stop our game , just remember this is nothing no nothing to do with the SPFl board and if anybody asks I will say I had my deer stalker on .Guy from Morton replies" feck off" and puts the phone down . 

North Berwick Jambo
32 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Welcome aboard JJ.  You don't have a cousin called Kevin by any chance?

😁

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Could it be that the delays are down to documentation being requested before we can start, however, not all of the requested documentation "can be found" or there are discrepancies with the documents provided meaning Hearts and Partick cant present their case properly 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, DUFCFan said:

Begging bowl 🤣

Did your team not put it’s bank details on its own website? 😅😅

Pipe down.

I genuinely used to have a soft spot for Utd.

You are acting like complete *****, only just beaten in the race to be the biggest ***** by Raith. At least you were heading for a genuine title and were very unikely to be caught.

On the other hand, you have a very rich owner and splashed money you didn't have around in the Championship like a drunk sailor on leave. Now you're asking wee clubs in League 2 to stump up £1,000 each to pay for a court battle you don't even need to be involved in. Your fans have spent the last 3 months telling Hearts Thistle and Stranraer to take our medicine. In our case we've been doing it already by paying for everything ourselves. Ourselves includes our fans, not other clubs who have less money than us.

And why? If Hearts win you'll still be in the Premiership. The SPFL will have to make a 13-10-10-9 league work for a year or reconstruct.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Could it be that the delays are down to documentation being requested before we can start, however, not all of the requested documentation "can be found" or there are discrepancies with the documents provided meaning Hearts and Partick cant present their case properly 

This could also lead to it going to CoS.

Rick Sanchez

It feels like they're doing their best to lose the case but it also feels like they'll probably still win.

They surely can't be that stupid? Surely? Doncaster himself is a lawyer is he not?

10 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

We are the only Club that are taking on the corruption. We now, after everything, have them by the you know whats while they run around like headless chicken and you are sick of it. WTF. That makes no sense whatsoever to me, unless. Can you explain please because you are not the only one on here that has come out with that.     

What are you getting on your high horse for ! going bother someone else with your attitude I’m just trying to lighten up the thread 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I genuinely used to have a soft spot for Utd.

You are acting like complete *****, only just beaten in the race to be the biggest ***** by Raith. At least you were heading for a genuine title and were very unikely to be caught.

On the other hand, you have a very rich owner and splashed money you didn't have around in the Championship like a drunk sailor on leave. Now you're asking wee clubs in League 2 to stump up £1,000 each to pay for a court battle you don't even need to be involved in. Your fans have spent the last 3 months telling Hearts Thistle and Stranraer to take our medicine. In our case we've been doing it already by paying for everything ourselves. Ourselves includes our fans, not other clubs who have less money than us.

And why? If Hearts win you'll still be in the Premiership. The SPFL will have to make a 13-10-10-9 league work for a year or reconstruct.

Imagine we had put out the begging bowls when Vlad was overspending 😂😂

I want null and void now. 

AlphonseCapone

I'd imagine we'd hear when it was going to start but nothing about the process beforehand. I think if there were any concerns about timelines Hearts would say or do something about it. I'd assume we'd also say so in a statement. 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I am going to clarify a few points here: 

It was/is legal for the SPFL to defend our petition against them.  The decision and their reputations are depending on their actions being legal.

It was also legal for the C3 to litigate against us in law.  But their petition failed. 

They did not seek approval from the SFA to do so and have breached that rule. Compliance officer?

The C3 are legally and lawfully entitled to argue their case in the arbitration process.

The board by their actions may have acted illegally/unlawfully by the Doncaster letter offering assistance in legal support from  SPFL lawyer Rod McKenzie who  was willing to provide advice to clubs who wish to go up against us in court.  Even the timing of the letter during a live court case is questionable?

The C3 may have acted unlawfully or illegally in soliciting other clubs to assist in funding their case against us. 

The board by not condemning the C3 appeal have by omission condoned and even supported their act.

My point is that once this case is concluded that there might be separate case for us pursue via a civil court damages against individuals or clubs, who have acted in part or whole to our detriment?  I would therefor advise that any club assisting in the funding of the C3 case reconsider?

I do think it's going to run and run. All this is doing is entrenching views and probably hardening our position. Where Budge might have settled for a couple of million in compensation and a season in the champ she might now develop the will to take it to higher courts elsewhere, or to UEFA.

Worth pointing out that Budge is a pretty reasonable non-confrontational person. We've complained she's maybe too weak for this game. If the SPFL had approached us with a realistic comp package at the start this maybe could all have been avoided. They seem to have been fighting to screw us over as much as possible, backed by other clubs you assume, which again begs the question is that really the following their own rules of not harming any member?

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I would therefor advise that any club assisting in the funding of the C3 case reconsider?

A statement from Hearts saying they consulting lawyers the funding requests by clubs from clubs  with a view to litigation would hopefully wake a few bodies up eg the SFA 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Dannie Boy said:

A statement from Hearts saying they consulting lawyers the funding requests by clubs from clubs  with a view to litigation would hopefully wake a few bodies up eg the SFA 

We're focusing on prepping for arbitration, which is what the SPFL should be doing. If D Utd and co are delaying things back to CoS we go as there's no requirement for them to be involved at all.

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I am going to clarify a few points here: 

It was/is legal for the SPFL to defend our petition against them.  The decision and their reputations are depending on their actions being legal.

It was also legal for the C3 to litigate against us in law.  But their petition failed. 

They did not seek approval from the SFA to do so and have breached that rule. Compliance officer?

The C3 are legally and lawfully entitled to argue their case in the arbitration process.

The board by their actions may have acted illegally/unlawfully by the Doncaster letter offering assistance in legal support from  SPFL lawyer Rod McKenzie who  was willing to provide advice to clubs who wish to go up against us in court.  Even the timing of the letter during a live court case is questionable?

The C3 may have acted unlawfully or illegally in soliciting other clubs to assist in funding their case against us. 

The board by not condemning the C3 appeal have by omission condoned and even supported their act.

My point is that once this case is concluded that there might be separate case for us pursue via a civil court damages against individuals or clubs, who have acted in part or whole to our detriment?  I would therefor advise that any club assisting in the funding of the C3 case reconsider?

Can I ask why you think the C3 can legally and lawfully argue their case ? I completely disagree but base that on nothing other than my own thought process. To my mind our dispute is with the SPFL board over company law. I accept these clubs may be called as witnesses but actually working alongside the spfl against us ? I see no basis for this. 

Niemi’s gloves
31 minutes ago, graygo said:

Probably covered but it's in the SFA articles of association which includes all footballing bodies.

5.1 (f)  behave towards the Scottish FA and other members with the utmost good faith.

Thanks that’s useful

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, OTT said:
  19 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Wow on Sportsound podcast.

SPFL board members have been going out clubs to ask them to support the C3 financially.

We need names to give them a "rousing welcome" next time they come to Tynie

Fitba' broke my Heart
48 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:
49 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

So in any given season all the clubs could pump money into a rival to ensure getting the league outcome they wish?

so ross county are at the bottom come Xmas, only able to catch Motherwell, and hearts could donate £4million to Motherwell- and that would be OK in theory according to the C3?

Sorry, the SPFL need to stamp all over this rivals donating to rivals in order to wreck competitors

A good point. I could certainly see a scenario where celtic help hibs in that way. 

Clubs do this already by loaning players to other clubs half way through the season.

This is one of many things that upset my sense of fair play.

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

How many times do they try and play this card? The Dunfermline clown did similar when bullying for votes. 

You cannot do that. If you're on the board there is an expectation that you are speaking on behalf of the board. You don't get to take hats off. 

Put it this way, would their lobbying hold any weight if they weren't on the board? No. So, what they are doing is wrong. 

Exactly - how on earth can you be a board member and behave in this way and think it's okay to say ' ah but I wasn't acting as a board member'.........

WorldChampions1902
44 minutes ago, Rods said:

Just a feeling I always felt after reconstruction was knocked back by the clubs that was the last chance saloon. 

Know its about maximum money we can get ride out this storm in the championship and come back stronger.

In the first few hours of last weeks hearings, Lord Clark asked their QC’s a “what if” question around the season having started and Hearts case subsequently being found in their favour. The reluctant answer that QC gave was that the season “would be stopped”, inferring that Hearts reinstatement WOULD be accommodated and new fixtures issued.

Are you suggesting that the QC was lying? If he was, what do you think will happen?

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

We need names to give them a "rousing welcome" next time they come to Tynie

Any official of a club that provides financial assistance to C3 should not be welcome. They can pay with the rest of their vermin fans. 

Malinga the Swinga
34 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The board of the SPFL are lower than a snakes belly. A more untrustworthy and deceitful bunch you would be hard pressed to imagine yet he we are, watching them run the league with the blessing of the majority of our clubs.

It would be for the long term benefit of Scottish football if this whole ****ing league burned to the ground. 

GorgieRules22

The one thing that sticks for me is seeing that ***** Doncaster on sky tv on Monday there as if nothing’s going on and our game is In it’s worst place for 40 years.

Hagar the Horrible

If the Podcast is right and it can be confirmed that any member of the board has called around to ask for cash to help the case against us, that is just wow, I can see this going back to the CoS

But it also tells you the board are desperate, they dont have a case without the C3, but we do now against them!

Heartsmad1874

So on Sportsound they are talking about a new Saturday night Sportscene and then 5/10 mins later Brian says the SPFL have not yet reached an agreement with the other parties including BBC.

It should be as clear as day to anyone that the new Sportscene show is the deal the BBC got without announcing it :lol: 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Fitba' broke my Heart
18 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It feels like they're doing their best to lose the case but it also feels like they'll probably still win.

They surely can't be that stupid? Surely? Doncaster himself is a lawyer is he not?

He may very well be, but that doesn't mean that he was any good at it.

As track records go............

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Any official of a club that provides financial assistance to C3 should not be welcome. They can pay with the rest of their vermin fans. 

They should be welcomed with open arms..........just not with their 'official' hats on!

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The one thing that sticks for me is seeing that ***** Doncaster on sky tv on Monday there as if nothing’s going on and our game is In it’s worst place for 40 years.

You can't take anything he says at face value. Utterly discredited. Just propped up by Lawwell. It must feel surreal. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

They should be welcomed with open arms..........just not with their 'official' hats on!

Yep. Charge them Platinum prices for the main stand. 

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If the Podcast is right and it can be confirmed that any member of the board has called around to ask for cash to help the case against us, that is just wow, I can see this going back to the CoS

But it also tells you the board are desperate, they dont have a case without the C3, but we do now against them!

If this is indeed correct then it strongly suggests to me they want to lose. The only reason being they do not want their dirty washing aired in public. 

The clubs if they had any sense and backbone should be demanding that this board resign enmasse immediately.

You cannot if you are a board member separate it from what you do at your club. It is an immediate conflict of interest.

For the good of Scottish football the whole governance needs ripped up and started again from scratch.

Presently it is ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

niblick1874
6 minutes ago, One five said:

What are you getting on your high horse for ! going bother someone else with your attitude I’m just trying to lighten up the thread 

So you are trying to lighten up the thread by telling everyone on here that you are sick of it all and you just want to get back to going to the game. Did you have to mention you are sick of it. I don't get why you are sick of it. Are you? There are those on here that have been coming out with that from the off on this thread that I don't think are Hearts supporters. I think you are. I just don't get how a Hearts supporter can be sick of it all when we have them by the balls. That is why I asked you the question. 

44 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If this continues there will be no SPFL board left to sue - they should all resign for breaking their own rules...

Fitba' broke my Heart
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. Charge them Platinum prices for the main stand. 

Surely full on corporate hospitality rates, not forgetting to include the tip.

Edited by Fitba' broke my Heart
forgot the quote

Trained One

On the Podcast it mentioned that the SPFL had until today to handover the requested information.  I was sure that was meant to happen by Wednesday!! 

That would explain why we've not heard a start date, given that we may have yet to receive the documents. 

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If this is indeed correct then it strongly suggests to me they want to lose. The only reason being they do not want their dirty washing aired in public. 

The clubs if they had any sense and backbone should be demanding that this board resign enmasse immediately.

You cannot if you are a board member separate it from what you do at your club. It is an immediate conflict of interest.

For the good of Scottish football the whole governance needs ripped up and started again from scratch.

Presently it is ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

The worst case scenario for the Board is reinstatement. They must actually think this is possible or at least cannot be sure it won't be once the evidence is presented. Their one hope of it being simply compensation are these teams that have already been defeated once  in court. They want a decision based on convenience and they believe these three will help with this. The Board itself has no case worth marketing

Maroon tinted glasses 2
6 minutes ago, Trained One said:

On the Podcast it mentioned that the SPFL had until today to handover the requested information.  I was sure that was meant to happen by Wednesday!! 

That would explain why we've not heard a start date, given that we may have yet to receive the documents. 

Oh Gosh, I hope there isn't a deadline for this to be submitted and they send it by E-mail..............................................................................

Is there proof these board members have been asking clubs to support the C3? This just gets more bizarre by the day. 

This really needs to go to the CoS, this needs heard in a public court of law. People need to be called under oath to explain thier actions. 

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I still dont get what the C3 are doing just let the SPFL argue it.

I think they are of the opinion that if they do not stay involved the knife will get taken out of our backs and put in theirs...

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Is there proof these board members have been asking clubs to support the C3? This just gets more bizarre by the day. 

This really needs to go to the CoS, this needs heard in a public court of law. People need to be called under oath to explain thier actions. 

They will be called under oath at arbitration. The only difference between the COS and arbitration is that it is not being held in a courtroom. Bit like a Naval  court martial. They can be held on both a shore establishment or a Warship, regardless of venue the rules remain the same, this is the same for arbitration.

46 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Exactly - how on earth can you be a board member and behave in this way and think it's okay to say ' ah but I wasn't acting as a board member'.........

I suspect that there are rules written into company law about the behaviour of Board members of a Limited Company. 

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

At the xourt case it was suggested that next week would be the likely start date for both Arbitration and Court if it was granted.

Cheers 

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They will be called under oath at arbitration. The only difference between the COS and arbitration is that it is not being held in a courtroom. Bit like a Naval  court martial. They can be held on both a shore establishment or a Warship, regardless of venue the rules remain the same, this is the same for arbitration.

Thats good. Its just so frustrating seeing and hearing people acting to brazen and getting away with it. Honestly question what the point in following football. If i didnt love hearts so much i would have washed my hands of the lot of it. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

So we are suiing the SPFL, and have made clear that we are NOT suing other clubs, and now SPFL board members are encouraging all the other clubs to put money in to fund 3 clubs suing us?

"unfair prejudice" indeed

We do have to wonder if these actions (by SPFL board members, who, for the purposes of funding clubs who just happen to be on their side in a legal dispute, are not acting as members of the SPFL board when asking other members of the SPFL to help fund them in that legal dispute) have been authorised by the SPFL's legal team to act in this way.

Now, I'm in no way able to say that these SPFL board members are doing anything outwith their duties as board members (though it somehow makes sense to me to think they are) but if they feel the need to say to the press that they are doing this, but not in their capacity as office bearers of the SPFL, it makes me think that they, at least, believe that to do so as office bearers must be wrong.

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, kila said:

I’m curious why Bob is so keen to defend the other clubs and their fans while having a go at our own. 

Took the words out my mouth there...🤔

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )