SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

While it's important, lots of people hung up in Dundee.

The bigger scandal, and potential illegality is the resolution in itself.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Only if arbitration specifically reverses promotion as well as relegation which he doesn't have to as far as I can see.

I wouldn’t imagine we’ll be that bothered if they only reverse relegation and leave a 13 team league. As you said, that’s the SPFL’s problem to deal with. It’s not hard but they’ll make it seem like it’s a Rubic’s cube

gorgie rd eh11
14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

simply not true

Which bit? He's all over anything to do with Hearts and invisible with everyone else.

No longer active
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I wouldn’t imagine we’ll be that bothered if they only reverse relegation and leave a 13 team league. As you said, that’s the SPFL’s problem to deal with. It’s not hard but they’ll make it seem like it’s a Rubic’s cube

Obviously with a 13 team league - and I think that may be solution ultimately chosen - we haven’t kicked a ball yet and the other 12 can play friendlies. Can’t see us being ready to start on an equal footing on 1 August. The discrimination against us as a club and the unfairness means we will be playing catch-up right from the off. 

I guess with a 13 team league one club sits out each round and the club missing out on 1 August round would have to be us.  And perhaps we could postpone a couple of our early fixtures to “get up to fitness” but who is going to play friendlies against us just now ??

manaliveits105

STV news sport all about yay hurray - Premier League start Aug ok - looks like they have been primed by spfl and ceptic to bash on regardless and make a fuss about league start but dont mention they that should not be mentioned or club chairmens antics - and who did they interview - yep ceptic player - surely these whanks arent going to unfurl the .79 flag before the opening game 

wonder if they are still going to play plastic paddy songs to an empty stadium too ?

Edited by manaliveits105

colinmaroon
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

STV news sport all about yay hurray - Premier League start Aug ok - looks like they have been primed by spfl and ceptic to bash on regardless and make a fuss about league start but dont mention they that should not be mentioned or club chairmens antics - and who did they interview - yep ceptic player - surely these whanks arent going to unfurl the .79 flag before the opening game 

Thanks, I recorded it and you have saved me wasting my time and my temper.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, ramrod said:

I  think most people rightly or wrongly are of the opinion that reconstruction isn't happening now and it's all about compensation, it was only ever big news when reconstruction was firmly in the frame . It may well still be but to the laymen  they probably feel that ship has sailed . 

Is that the most people on here or the most people in general who think this? Should we win our case outright then it is highly likely that reinstatement back into the Premiership will be ordered, leaving the SPFL, and Dundee Utd, to worry about reconstruction or no reconstruction. We have not petitioned for reconstruction, so if we win our case why would compensation be the only remedy available, just because, in your opinion, reconstruction isn't happening? Also, if without the possibility of reconstruction, why would we have had to include Dundee Utd etc in the petition as respondents as they would be safely tucked up in the Premuership, and not fighting tooth and nail to represent their interests in court and at arbitration? For some reason they seem to be panicking, more than a little!

I am not saying we will win, or that should we win the decision will be to reinstate us, but just because you consider that reconstruction isn't possible, doesn't mean, even if you are right, that compensation is the only remedy. Quite simply, there is no reason to presume what you say, unless you have some inside information you are not telling us.

If the arbitration hasn’t started by next week and this all goes back to Lord Clark what do DU, RR & CR do then?

Hasn’t he already told them to do one? Would there additional lawyer’s expenses, begging etc be for nothing?

2 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

If the arbitration hasn’t started by next week and this all goes back to Lord Clark what do DU, RR & CR do then?

Hasn’t he already told them to do one? Would there additional lawyer’s expenses, begging etc be for nothing?

Would be very amusing, for us.

4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Is that the most people on here or the most people in general who think this? Should we win our case outright then it is highly likely that reinstatement back into the Premiership will be ordered, leaving the SPFL, and Dundee Utd, to worry about reconstruction or no reconstruction. We have not petitioned for reconstruction, so if we win our case why would compensation be the only remedy available, just because, in your opinion, reconstruction isn't happening? Also, if without the possibility of reconstruction, why would we have had to include Dundee Utd etc in the petition as respondents as they would be safely tucked up in the Premuership, and not fighting tooth and nail to represent their interests in court and at arbitration? For some reason they seem to be panicking, more than a little!

I am not saying we will win, or that should we win the decision will be to reinstate us, but just because you consider that reconstruction isn't possible, doesn't mean, even if you are right, that compensation is the only remedy. Quite simply, there is no reason to presume what you say, unless you have some inside information you are not telling us.

Easy tiger 

I'm only pointing out that for whatever reason most people , in general not Hearts fans , seem to think reconstruction isn't happening. Rightly or wrongly that's the vibe I'm getting from personal experience . Doesn't mean its gospel. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, George Cowie said:

Obviously with a 13 team league - and I think that may be solution ultimately chosen - we haven’t kicked a ball yet and the other 12 can play friendlies. Can’t see us being ready to start on an equal footing on 1 August. The discrimination against us as a club and the unfairness means we will be playing catch-up right from the off. 

I guess with a 13 team league one club sits out each round and the club missing out on 1 August round would have to be us.  And perhaps we could postpone a couple of our early fixtures to “get up to fitness” but who is going to play friendlies against us just now ??

I think that's a minor issue compared to getting to the point where it becomes a problem. Let's win in arbitration first then worry about match fitness later. It will be a great thread, that one, to be posting about the problems we face and how unfair it all is...then when we gun the Hibs...😉

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I would imagine it will be thrown back at the SPFL if relegation is overturned - have the vote again but with compensation agreed in advance, offer PT and Hearts compensation to go down anyhow or find another solution eg reconstruction. It's a total farce it's got this far.

5 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Probably try to sell themselves down Salamander street to pay for the next set of legal fees.

23 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Tranmere will

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, ramrod said:

Easy tiger 

I'm only pointing out that for whatever reason most people , in general not Hearts fans , seem to think reconstruction isn't happening. Rightly or wrongly that's the vibe I'm getting from personal experience . Doesn't mean its gospel. 

And I was just pointing out that whether or not most people are right about reconstruction, it doesn't leave compensation as the only remedy should we win. Gotta win first, though ;)

TyphoonJambo

Smirk fookin smirk. Whereas i feel for the supporters, Nelms can go and suck ma plums

Get the bubbly chilled Partick, your going nowhere. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Easy tiger 

Our case is about reinstatement. If we are successful United etc need to hope for reconstruction. A forlorn hope I would think which is why they are begging for cash and holding sponsored walks.

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Probably try to sell themselves down Salamander street to pay for the next set of legal fees.

You would think if it did go back to Lord Clark, he wouldn’t be a happy man. We would just pull the pin, roll the hand grenade in the room, shut the door behind us and let him wire into the C3 & the SPFL. 

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Oops

So that isn’t Hearts & Particks fault but i’ll bet by Sportsound tomorrow it is....

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Oops

Wee video call to all other member clubs asking for donations then. 

Leaving aside the legality of it (which is a massive issue), I am trying to understand why SPFL Board members are allegedly phoning round clubs asking them to donate money to help meet United, Raith and Cove's legal costs.

Their strategy seems to be to make this case about the relegated clubs v the promoted clubs so that they can say to the panel "whatever we did, some clubs would have lost out".

So I guess they are desperate to keep the promoted clubs at the table for that reason and are anxious that they might walk away leaving the SPFL to fight its case alone.

It is also in the financial interests of the SPFL Board members to have another party involved in the litigation when it comes to the splitting of costs. They played that hand cleverly at the CoS!

But are there other reasons I am not getting?

Hopefully Dundee haven’t sent the request to players by e mail or they won’t know about it They do have a history of not being able to do this properly

image.gif.3c43984db90204c6f911f37a2d8598af.gif

2 hours ago, Darkblue said:

I enjoy our rivalry but I try to keep it good-natured.. Maybe because I'm in my 40s now. Don't know how you feel about Hibs but I don't see the point in 24/7 hatred towards rivals. Come derby day though it's a different story.

Ah, you “respect the rivalry”? Good for you. 

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Oops

What we need to do is all stick together, make sure we all get through this. All the clubs that make up the SPFL could all pitch in and help each other, like a
co-operative, we could all look after each other and try our best to help our neighbours to make sure they don’t come to any harm. Oh, aye, Hearts tried that approach and got told to feck off, several time’s actually, oh well!

1 hour ago, Celtic1ICT3 said:

Dundee were entitled to one vote by the deadline but another club failed to meet the deadline.............but despite that it was counted but Dundee's was not even after it was discovered that night to have been delivered before the deadline! The SPFL stated 'As at 5pm, the SPFL had received 39 responses..' So they had received 40 votes. One vote came in during the meeting. It therefore missed the deadline. However, it was counted!

In a letter to all clubs, see here https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sports/2020/04/29/a-closer-look-at-the-spfl-boards-approach-to-ending-the-season/ he advises that Dundee’s initial ‘no’ vote got lost in the email system and they withdrew it when they heard the interim results. MacLennan said: “The legal advice we received was that Dundee FC were entitled to change their mind and accept a second return in favour of the resolution and that the SPFL board should accept that as a valid return.

The Chairman, Murdo MacLennan, indicated that it was a mistake to set the 5pm deadline. Normally we stop counting votes at the deadline!! The SPFL did their own thing counting two votes after the deadline one of which was the second vote by Dundee.

MacLennan claimed the Dundee voting situation was not of the SPFL board’s making. But he admitted they should have given clubs until the following week to vote after issuing the resolution on Wednesday and asking them to vote by 5pm on Friday. He added that waiting the normal 28 days for votes was not possible..............

Of course it was possible - no club was going to go bust in 28 days when they knew the "much needed cash" was on it's way. In any case, for the VAST majority of clubs it was a trifling sum (eg the much quoted £3K that Forfar got). 

This is complete bullshit but of course the media didn't bother to question any of it. Not least the 5.00PM deadline - this wasn't a "mistake" - it was the underhand tactics around the voting process that are the  issue, not the timing of the "deadline". 

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Lord Clark set the court time aside to ensure the process was started, not necessarily concluded.

You could be right ,but if it’s not concluded by the 16 th what then that’s the days he s set aside gone ,don’t know if or when he could reschedule it 

2 minutes ago, troy said:

You could be right ,but if it’s not concluded by the 16 th what then that’s the days he s set aside gone ,don’t know if or when he could reschedule it 

If required, the court will find the time.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

That podcast is unreal. If We win and are reinstated then the league will have to be postponed as we haven’t started training. Brian McLaughlins tears and snorters will be arousing.

1st August is not guaranteed.

I really do hate these roasters

No, the league can continue, some games involving us if replacing DU need delayed. So e.g. 1 month affects 4 other teams, 1 game each to be rescheduled! They say there are few gaps in scheduling, but that assumes everybody makes a cup final.......there will be gaps on cup days at least!

Delaying the league/ risking the TV deal is another media lie!

1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Your mention of the news - do you mean the EEN?  I went on there to have a quick read at any interesting articles - not just Hearts - and got the pop-up page that has been on the Scotsman for ages. telling me I had x number of free articles this week, but to register my email address for more.  When did they start with this?  There's been a begging paragraph fro the editor after every article for the last few weeks.  This looks like the begging isn't working.

I haven't registered with the Scotsman and I'm not doing with the EEN.  Leaves me with just the BBC and kickback as Hearts news sources.  😱

Just use a false email .... It works. 🙂

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

No, the league can continue, some games involving us if replacing DU need delayed. So e.g. 1 month affects 4 other teams, 1 game each to be rescheduled! They say there are few gaps in scheduling, but that assumes everybody makes a cup final.......there will be gaps on cup days at least!

I like the idea of us seeking an interdict to prevent DU from playing 😁

17 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Wee video call to all other member clubs asking for donations then. 

Aye let’s see if they all support the rectum club that kicked off this shitstorm. I’ll look forward to them all ploughing their money into Dundee - 🤣🤣 hope they feking die

5 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

cheers

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I like the idea of us seeking an interdict to prevent DU from playing 😁

I'm confused, is an interdict something like ND on a train? 

Not a legal eagle😁

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

Just use a false email .... It works. 🙂

Just open a private browser each time 😎

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What we need to do is all stick together, make sure we all get through this. All the clubs that make up the SPFL could all pitch in and help each other, like a
co-operative, we could all look after each other and try our best to help our neighbours to make sure they don’t come to any harm. Oh, aye, Hearts tried that approach and got told to feck off, several time’s actually, oh well!

Well said. Fecking brilliant post ethan. Bang on.

Guest ToqueJambo

I never really believed in karma as a real thing but if Dundee of all teams go bust and reconstruction is forced on the likes of D Utd, Raith, Ross County and co who opposed it for entirely selfish reasons I might have to change my view.

33 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Our case is about reinstatement. If we are successful United etc need to hope for reconstruction. A forlorn hope I would think which is why they are begging for cash and holding sponsored walks.

They could of course try to facilitate a 13 league team for a year which would please all party's involved in the arbitration process while annoying the **** out of many that aren't . 😂

If we are only just getting what I would imagine would be quite a volume of files, we will surely need time to sift through them for key points of evidence. 

The less time we have to do this is a huge disadvantage. Clearly why we will get them at the last possible moment and it could mean a busy weekend for someone.

Would also be concerned about the logistics of the tribunal. Will the panel be in the same building as the Spfl lawyers etc (Hampden) with our team relying on an internet link?

Whilst social distancing would have to apply the chance to exert pressure on the panel would be there outwith the actual trial. Paranoid maybe but these vile corrupt bassas are capable of anything.

colinmaroon
50 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Oops

FORWARD:

Fraser Wishart

Players Union

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )