SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I see the Raith Chairman is saying they have been given financial help by other SPFL clubs for the legal fees. After that there is no other way you can view the actions of other SPFL clubs except personally.

Hearts and Partick get relegated, empty words about sympathy for how tough this is for the two (and Stranraer) but lets move forward. No a single thing done to try and help them, any chance to help is chucked out by most. Talk of us "taking our medicine," we must not moan about it because we deserved to go down.

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers. Clubs are backing them, now giving financial support, clubs disscuss chucking Hearts and Partick out of the league. Hearts and Partick are seen as the ogres in this .

But of course none of this personal. 

Think The headline implied they had received funding from other clubs. In the text it was a bit more vague 'hoping to receive funds from other clubs. I can think of only one club,  the Bootleg Barca , that would be able to do this.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Seymour M Hersh
47 minutes ago, jackal said:

Oops, well there goes Andys warm welcome.

Aye, it just turned scorching hot! 

43 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If it turns out to be compensation we are awarded, it doesn't have to all come out of the first sky payment. Sure could be staggered across the season

Depending on how its awarded we could demand instant payment.... and send the Baliffs into collect.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

My advice to you, apart from taking all this shite to the shed, would be to stop reading the grauniad. 

The threat of a second spike is a rock and a hard place. A second spike would be a big problem but ultimately, we can’t all sit around saying ‘better not do anything in case of covid’. The same goes for football clubs. Crowds are going to have to come back at some stage.

Likewise schools. They have to function.

johnthomas
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The tribunal should comprise 3 experienced independent lawyers and I have no qualms or concerns that we will get a fair hearing

No problems with LD posting . 

Good that he has corrected his , surprising , schoolboy error re makeup of the tribunal members

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Leslie Deans has asked me to post his final comments on jkb due to the backlash and sustained criticism posted by fellow members when the information, received and posted in good faith, has turned out to be incorrect. This basically comes down to the underhand tactics adopted by chairman when saying they’ll act one way but in fact act the complete opposite. There is no legislation that covers this. We all have the clubs best interests at heart, yet some of the abuse levelled at certain posters has left a bad taste in the mouth when all one is trying to do is keep members informed of proceedings. As follows:- 

I have reluctantly decided to refrain from making further detailed comment on Kickback about the ongoing litigation/arbitration. Certain posters clearly object to your posting my remarks and I regard their personal abuse as offensive.   Whilst I understand their frustration that the anticipated reconstruction never got off the ground ,the information provided to me was passed on in good faith. I was not the only one taken aback by the news that only 16 out of 42 clubs supported this. 
Like others of my generation, my mastery of technology is not the best so thank you for lodging my comments. I should also congratulate certain posters-- David McCaig, Footbalfirst, Ethan Hunt, Hibsarepants come to mind amongst others, -- who continue to offer incisive and insightful comment on complex issues
I stated publicly on BBC radio that I believed we had a good case.   David Thomson QC explained clearly in his opinion on Patrick Thistle 's website that the motion of April 10 had failed. He was clear in his view of the Dundee vote. 
Additionally the SPFL executive induced its members to vote in a certain way by virtue of its misrepresentation and withholding of relevant information in its advice paper of April 8. 
What follows is whether Hearts and PT suffered unfair prejudice as defined in the Companies Act. I believe they did. To change the rules from a 38 to a 30 game season part way through is inherently unfair if it leads to relegation , as admitted by at least one SPFL director. 
The prejudice is the major loss of income suffered by being in a lower and shortened league. 
With unfair prejudice established I anticipate the tribunal should  find in favour of Hearts and PT. 
The tribunal should comprise 3 experienced independent lawyers and I have no qualms or concerns that we will get a fair hearing. Any manifest legal errors will mean it's referred back to Lord Clark. 
Others have said, rightly in my opinion, that there will be bad blood between clubs going forward.  I hope in the fullness of time others might recognise that we fought for what is right and if changes are  then made as a result , there could be a major benefit to football as a whole.

Les Deans 

I think the updates from LD have been appreciated by everyone on this board bar the trolls.

Hopefully Saughton Jambo can pass on a celebratory post from LD when all of this is successfully resolved.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

My advice to you, apart from taking all this shite to the shed, would be to stop reading the grauniad. 

I hope you told the guy I was replying to the same.

Ethan Hunt
28 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’d expect the SPFL costs to come out of the ‘central pot’ so every club will fund it through a reduction in their income. (The same for the Deloitte investigation)

The ‘gang of 3’ will pay all their own costs. (NB their costs might be relatively low if the just make minimal representation eg written input)

And Hearts & PT costs will be split 50:50 between the SPFL & the ‘gang of 3’ as directed by the panel once the case is won!

And sadly any severance package that Doncaster negotiates in resignation will also come out of the ‘central pot’!

The SPFL board seem pretty good at spending other people’s money, without consultation. If I were a club Chairman - and the SPFL lose the case - and as a result Doncaster has cost my club money - I’d want his head presented on a stick.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I think the updates from LD have been appreciated by everyone on this board bar the trolls.

Hopefully Saughton Jambo can pass on a celebratory post from LD when all of this is successfully resolved.

This 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I see the Raith Chairman is saying they have been given financial help by other SPFL clubs for the legal fees. After that there is no other way you can view the actions of other SPFL clubs except personally.

Hearts and Partick get relegated, empty words about sympathy for how tough this is for the two (and Stranraer) but lets move forward. No a single thing done to try and help them, any chance to help is chucked out by most. Talk of us "taking our medicine," we must not moan about it because we deserved to go down.

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers. Clubs are backing them, now giving financial support, clubs disscuss chucking Hearts and Partick out of the league. Hearts and Partick are seen as the ogres in this .

If we win - a big if tbf - it’s less money they’ll all have to pay the compensation bill.

loveofthegame
11 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Leslie Deans has asked me to post his final comments on jkb due to the backlash and sustained criticism posted by fellow members when the information, received and posted in good faith, has turned out to be incorrect. This basically comes down to the underhand tactics adopted by chairman when saying they’ll act one way but in fact act the complete opposite. There is no legislation that covers this. We all have the clubs best interests at heart, yet some of the abuse levelled at certain posters has left a bad taste in the mouth when all one is trying to do is keep members informed of proceedings. As follows:- 

I have reluctantly decided to refrain from making further detailed comment on Kickback about the ongoing litigation/arbitration. Certain posters clearly object to your posting my remarks and I regard their personal abuse as offensive.   Whilst I understand their frustration that the anticipated reconstruction never got off the ground ,the information provided to me was passed on in good faith. I was not the only one taken aback by the news that only 16 out of 42 clubs supported this. 
Like others of my generation, my mastery of technology is not the best so thank you for lodging my comments. I should also congratulate certain posters-- David McCaig, Footbalfirst, Ethan Hunt, Hibsarepants come to mind amongst others, -- who continue to offer incisive and insightful comment on complex issues
I stated publicly on BBC radio that I believed we had a good case.   David Thomson QC explained clearly in his opinion on Patrick Thistle 's website that the motion of April 10 had failed. He was clear in his view of the Dundee vote. 
Additionally the SPFL executive induced its members to vote in a certain way by virtue of its misrepresentation and withholding of relevant information in its advice paper of April 8. 
What follows is whether Hearts and PT suffered unfair prejudice as defined in the Companies Act. I believe they did. To change the rules from a 38 to a 30 game season part way through is inherently unfair if it leads to relegation , as admitted by at least one SPFL director. 
The prejudice is the major loss of income suffered by being in a lower and shortened league. 
With unfair prejudice established I anticipate the tribunal should  find in favour of Hearts and PT. 
The tribunal should comprise 3 experienced independent lawyers and I have no qualms or concerns that we will get a fair hearing. Any manifest legal errors will mean it's referred back to Lord Clark. 
Others have said, rightly in my opinion, that there will be bad blood between clubs going forward.  I hope in the fullness of time others might recognise that we fought for what is right and if changes are  then made as a result , there could be a major benefit to football as a whole.

Les Deans 

We'll see I guess, but what is immediately ENORMOUSLY in our favour is that (1) this isn't an arbitration led by the SFA/SPFL (i.e. an immediate stitch up) and (2) this is being contested on founding principles of company law, not whether "the fitba men think it's fair".

I'm therefore much more positive than I would have otherwise been. 

Lone Striker
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

SPFL paid for it and the clubs fund the SPFL!

You do raise an interesting point on what level of authority that the SPFL Chairman, CEO & Board actually have, on both type of expenditure and level of expenditure.

You mean... you mean..... the SPFL CEO and Board ARE able to make executive decisions without asking the member  clubs ?   

:wow:

BelgeJambo
4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The SPFL board seem pretty good at spending other people’s money, without consultation. If I were a club Chairman - and the SPFL lose the case - and as a result Doncaster has cost my club money - I’d want his head presented on a stick.

Where do you start?  Sky, BT, BBC, no league sponsor, Deloitte investigation etc etc 

But it will be the clubs fault, not their leadership.

who in their right mind would elect these ****ers to carry on,

mind boggling 

43 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

This conflated use of the words "promotion" and "relegation" really annoys me (and probably everyone else on here).  Like that  QC last week defending the concept as being "meat and drink of football" - as if  the manouvre engineered by the SPFL through bribery  in April is the same thing.        

Apologies if you've already answered this on one of the preceding 1500 pages (!!)  .... but is there any legal reason (or even logical reason) why the C3 clubs are still intending to defend our petition at the Arbitration hearing ?    Surely their defence sits entirely alongside the success of the SPFL's defence ..... and  any change to their promotion sits entirely alongside a defeat for the SPFL's defence ?

I can't see what arguments or statements their QC could make which would sway the judges in a way which Moynihan's wouldn't.   Do they not trust the SPFL (or their defence arguments)  ?    Or have they (once again) been leaned on by Doncaster to spend more of  their own money just to make this look like a club v. club dispute, for which I thought Lord Clark's comments implied that he was satisfied it  wasn't  ?

I'm genuinely baffled.

You are correct... it's a gross act of stupidity  for the C3 to be participating in this. Their is no chance that the C3 will end up winning in the SPF lose or losing if the SPFL win. The C3 didn't need to spend this money.  

gorgie rd eh11
6 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Thought utd got bought by some yank millionaire, so why do they need help, i smell sh*te

Investors from across the Atlantic are here to make money not spend it.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Despite the fact that it appears to go against SPFL rules for one club to donate funds to another for the purpose of funding a legal dispute against a fellow member club, I would not expect the SPFL to take any action against the paupers of United, Rovers and Cove. 

I would have have thought their chairman might have been a bit more circumspect about boasting how they want to be/are being funded by other clubs, but then again, he has shown no foresight with any other statement so why change now.

It really doesn't take any great thought do work out who will be behind their funding.

Step forward Celtic and Ross County. Neither of these teams could give a **** about Partick or Stranraer, it is all about sticking it to Hearts as a club and Mrs Budge personally. These clubs really don't appreciate a woman standing up against them. Thanks god she at least has a spine which is more than the rest of these faceless chairman can muster between them. Happy to live off Celtic's crumbs while being ****ed dry in the arse, or else accept monies from a bitter twisted ***** of a man in MacGregor.

Jam Tartlet
9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Appreciated but maybe not helpful. Don’t mean that as a dig in any way. As noted, plenty snakes out there. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Dundee merger incoming. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, Rods said:

After RR  statement I am now more confident of getting compensation. 

I still believe that the fundamentals of football which are promotion and relegation will be upheld but the compensation we could get will be huge. 

This is something that's got me a little confused, and I'd be grateful if you, or anyone else, can explain to me why promotion and relegation might be considered even a fundamental, let alone the fundamentals, of football? It's confused me ever since I read a Celtic supporter stating something similar (and as ever in these matters, he offered no justification or evidence for his statement) that there couldn't be a title winner without relegation.

Now I can't see the connect between a title win and relegation, and nor can I see that promotion and relegation are in any way fundamental to football. They may be a long established construct within leagues that have more than one division, but league football has always been played, and titles won, without the need to relegate one or more club, and, indeed, the Scottish League didn't introduce automatic promotion until 1922. What's more, the bottom division in Scotland only had any form of relegation after the recent introduction of the pyramid system and in the 1999/2000 season there was no relegation, at all, in any division as the top league increased to 12 clubs. So football has always managed to cope quite well without promotion and/or relegation so it can't be fundamental to football, nor a requisite of allowing a club to be crowned champions.

Of course, maybe I am wrong and someone will be able to correct me by showing that there has always been relegation and promotion, but in my opinion this assertion that there must be relegation and/or promotion is just a part of the propaganda that has been pushed throughout social media aimed at discrediting Hearts & Partick's case, and if it's allowed to go unquestioned on JKB then they are winning the supporters' battle.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

This is something that's got me a little confused, and I'd be grateful if you, or anyone else, can explain to me why promotion and relegation might be considered even a fundamental, let alone the fundamentals, of football? It's confused me ever since I read a Celtic supporter stating something similar (and as ever in these matters, he offered no justification or evidence for his statement) that there couldn't be a title winner without relegation.

It's long been part of our leagues but it's not fundamental in the sport so that's easily argued against. There used to be no chance of relegation at the very bottom of the SPFL and the fact that the SPFL cancelled that possibility this year with zero discussion proves in itself it's not fundamental. In the MLS and maybe other leagues around the world there is no relegation in all or some of the leagues, including in pyramid systems if there's nowhere for the very bottom club to be relegated to.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Indeed.  Probably absolutely oblivious to the fact there is zero money in Scottish football so not a wise investment.  We have a TV deal far far worse than Norway ffs.😂

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You are correct... it's a gross act of stupidity  for the C3 to be participating in this. Their is no chance that the C3 will end up winning in the SPF lose or losing if the SPFL win. The C3 didn't need to spend this money.  

It's a strange one.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Indeed.  Probably absolutely oblivious to the fact there is zero money in Scottish football so not a wise investment.  We have a TV deal far far worse than Norway ffs.😂

I’m with you, I can’t in a million years see the appeal of someone with no skin in the game investing in Dundee or Dundee United. Can’t imagine any convincing answer to that.

Jam Tartlet
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I’m surprised at this. If there is one club that typifies this whole mess it’s Raith Rovers. Handed the league title when all still to play for. Stated they would support reconstruction whether temporary or permanent only to do the complete opposite when their promotion got confirmed. And are paying large sums out on a case to defend themselves when in reality the same outcome would have been reached (to this point) regardless. 

Their chairman comes across as an absolute clown. Essentially out with the begging bowl throughout all this yet apparently is oblivious to the irony in the way his club voted. 

Yet some have fallen for it and given them money. I shouldn’t be surprised I guess but f@ck them. 

5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I would be sacking the advisor then because if you think you can make money in spl then you are dillusional

lost in space
11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Yes, we all know how much Hearts mean to Leslie Deans.  I appreciated the posts that Saughton Jambo made on his behalf.  There have been many ups and downs and nobody could have seen how it progressed.

LD correctly pointed out the posters who have shown knowledge, research and a legal thought process.

Thanks to LD and SJ.

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m with you, I can’t in a million years see the appeal of someone with no skin in the game investing in Dundee or Dundee United. Can’t imagine any convincing answer to that.

A method of moving around cash?

6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Now I can't see the connect between a title win and relegation, and nor can I see that promotion and relegation are in any way fundamental to football. They may be a long established construct within leagues that have more than one division, but league football has always been played, and titles won, without the need to relegate one or more club, and, indeed, the Scottish League didn't introduce automatic promotion until 1922. What's more, the bottom division in Scotland only had any form of relegation after the recent introduction of the pyramid system and in the 1999/2000 season there was no relegation, at all, in any division as the top league increased to 12 clubs. So football has always managed to cope quite well without promotion and/or relegation so it can't be fundamental to football, nor a requisite of allowing a club to be crowned champions.

Of course, maybe I am wrong and someone will be able to correct me by showing that there has always been relegation and promotion, but in my opinion this assertion that there must be relegation and/or promotion is just a part of the propaganda that has been pushed throughout social media aimed at discrediting Hearts & Partick's case, and if it's allowed to go unquestioned on JKB then they are winning the supporters' battle.

I agree with what you are saying regarding previous seasons without relegation etc.

I think this season will be seen as odd for obvious reasons and we have now had three votes against reconstruction. 

I believe Doncaster has played for time and our approach of not going for the compensation straight away will see us playing in the championship next season. I am certainly more enthused with regards to getting a lot of money for our troubles. 

Other leagues have upheld relegation aswell this does not bode well in our favour. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

When you realise that you are in the wrong, when you have backed the wrong horse and face the reality of what you have done, you have 2 options.

Option 1 - Face the cold truth and realise you were wrong, admit this publicly and privately and attempt to remedy the situation you find yourself in. This takes a big personality and is the brave way to go.

Option 2 - Face the cold truth, realise you were wrong but admit absolutely nothing, blame anyone else who you can, keep lying, keep crying to anyone who will listen and take your side because of their ignorance and hatred of other party and talking shite hoping some will stick. This takes no personality and is the cowards way to go.

No surprise what option these three greeting faced clubs have taken. They have refused at every opportunity the chance to help others. The day these clubs die will be a day to rejoice.

7 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I give you SPFL Division 2 so bang goes his theory- they are so stupid that they only see any situation that affects them.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

I give you SPFL Division 2 so bang goes his theory- they are so stupid that they only see any situation that affects them.

Not even just that. Also the times there has been no relegation due to reconstruction. If this is the level of their legal thinking we might just have a chance at this thing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Surely you don't mean like this chap ?

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, Boghell51 said:

I would be sacking the advisor then because if you think you can make money in spl then you are dillusional

It's very true that there's not much money in Scottish football. But i think the way they see it is the property covers their initial investment, then if turnover is say £10m then run it at 9m and there's a million in fees to squirrel away. They can't lose.

27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Aye, it just turned scorching hot! 

You watch. These two pricks will abandon this nonsense, citing threats of violence from Hearts fans and the media will swallow it whole

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not even just that. Also the times there has been no relegation due to reconstruction. If this is the level of their legal thinking we might just have a chance at this thing.

I know but his addled Celtic brain probably cant remember last year!

But Div 2 is happening now.

Lone Striker
10 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Desmond does.... and Craig Whyte almost did.

(I get your point though !👍   )

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

I agree with what you are saying regarding previous seasons without relegation etc.

I think this season will be seen as odd for obvious reasons and we have now had three votes against reconstruction. 

I believe Doncaster has played for time and our approach of not going for the compensation straight away will see us playing in the championship next season. I am certainly more enthused with regards to getting a lot of money for our troubles. 

Other leagues have upheld relegation aswell this does not bode well in our favour. 

I think we'll get nominal compensation and demotion will stand unfortunately. Lowering my expectations to enjoy it more if we win. It does seem like we have a case and could win but I just think the SPFL wouldn't have let it get this far if they didn't think they had a solid case. And now they or someone is funding the other clubs' involvement. Getting it to take place behind doors was a big win for them. I definitely think the SPFL are going to get a bit of a telling off about how this happened though, which could be something I suppose.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Surely you don't mean like this chap ?

Why him? He has never been convicted of anything. Why not use photos of Mr D Desmond, prominent shareholder in bank connected with money laundering?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Is the only explanation, surely 

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why him? He has never been convicted of anything. Why not use photos of Mr D Desmond, prominent shareholder in bank connected with money laundering?

Pretty sure VR is  on a "wanted list" for questioning about it though.  Has Desmond actually been convicted of it ?

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's long been part of our leagues but it's not fundamental in the sport so that's easily argued against. There used to be no chance of relegation at the very bottom of the SPFL and the fact that the SPFL cancelled that possibility this year with zero discussion proves in itself it's not fundamental. In the MLS and maybe other leagues around the world there is no relegation in all or some of the leagues, including in pyramid systems if there's nowhere for the very bottom club to be relegated to.

There's also no possibility of promotion for 12 clubs every season, nearly 30% of the total number of clubs.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Pretty sure VR is  on a "wanted list" for questioning about it though.  Has Desmond actually been convicted of it ?

Has Vlad been convicted? Have the press in Scotland been chasing Mr Desmond about his involvement in dodgy bank? Has there been widespread investigation into Mr Desmond's tax affairs and life? Has their ****! The media in Scotland to busy licking the cum from his cock to actually investigate anyone connected with Celtic.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

There's also no possibility of promotion for 12 clubs every season, nearly 30% of the total number of clubs.

If they really are going to argue promotion and relegation are completely inter-linked and MUST happen every season, they've got a very flimsy case.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Saughton Jambo MUST keep posting!

Please keep sharing your and Leslie Deans thoughts! They are posted in good faith! They are what they are and I’m sure most people find them interesting even if they don’t necessarily agree with them! 

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You watch. These two pricks will abandon this nonsense, citing threats of violence from Hearts fans and the media will swallow it whole

Wouldn't be the only thing most of these wankers in the media swallow whole.

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Did he not get found guilty of something in Lithuania in his absence?

Edit: No, court case expected this year.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5461007/hearts-vladimir-romanov-stealing-bank-probe/

Edited by graygo

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Saughton Jambo MUST keep posting!

Please keep sharing your and Leslie Deans thoughts! They are posted in good faith! They are what they are and I’m sure most people find them interesting even if they don’t necessarily agree with them! 

You can see why he is stopping though. The same miserable small group hound anyone who is positive about Hearts. Everything is negative, everything miserable and every thread needs to be hammering negativity. Shame, but don't blame him.

4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It would be funny but highly unrealistic.  I’ll get shot down by the hot shots on here and then when we get a settlement it will be back to the “I think that’s what we all expected the outcome to be anyway :) ) 

You not a hot shot then ? 

In your own mind 😂

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )