SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Libertarian
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I honestly want us to win the case  but be in the championship now. 

Even £1/£2m skimmed of the top will hurt many teams. 

Anything near our figure and we'll directly be responsible for half the teams going bust. 

Giving the way these clubs threw us and the other teams under a bus when their was a fairer solution all along really bothers my piss. 

Utd have a ****ing cheek as well, not won a thing, got voted up, then voted against reconstruction and happy to dump all the fallout on 3 clubs. 

Brass neck doesn't cover it tbh.

Quite clearly the other side where banking on the case getting thrown out completely as well. 

The solution is still so simple. 

You are absolutely correct the hypocrisy from Dundee United is breathtaking as is the complete lack of leadership from Doncaster and the SPFL who should never have allowed this situation to develop and who should force through reconstruction. I am increasingly of the opinion that I hope we go to the Championship for a season and take millions of pounds from them. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

31 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

The hypocrisy, calling us ruinous then accepting we may get huge compo. Thats money awarded by a court who have found the actions against us to be illigal. Why tf should we not fight it? 

Cretins. 

Can’t quite get over the content of that statement read it a few times now! Beyond belief the accusations absolute cretins and not sure these type of statements will help them ahead of this arbitration still an ongoing court action albeit behind closed doors..hopefully dawning on them that the outcome might not be as clear cut as they thought hahaha

David Black
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I hope we have 2 away games at Starks Park next season. They'd have expected 2,000 Hearts supporters at 20 quid a ticket. We have a very real life possibility to kill off Raith Rovers. 

:greggy:

Raith might not survive till then. We can but hope. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Look mate. If we had played the remaining 8 games and gone down, not one Hearts fan would have an issue with it. We were bottom deservedly so after 3/4 of an awful season brought about by 2 years of mismanagement, poor recruitment decisions at all levels and massive waste of resources.

The BIGGER picture is the season wasn’t finished. There were still 8 games left, most of them were against immediate rivals. There were many options that could have been taken to avoid unfair and premature demotion. We could have restarted (we’d be half way through the split fixtures by now if we had waited) We could have reconstructed. we could have null and voided. All of those options could have been done with ‘no harm’ to any club

If your going to come on here discussing the bigger picture, at least realise what the bigger picture actually is. The big picture here is a corrupt game run by people vulnerable to pressure backed up by a draconian voting  system which not only ensures the status quo, it gives Albion Rovers Bowling Club the same say as a multi million pound business. Yet we’re not even fighting against all of that, as bad as it is. We’re fighting to reverse a ******* decision which had no basis in need to be taken, which was forced through by underhand means at every stage and is massively discriminatory and prejudicial to us, Partick and Stranraer.

if you can’t see the integrity angle here, you’re part of the bigger problem.

Bravo Sir

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I hope we have 2 away games at Starks Park next season. They'd have expected 2,000 Hearts supporters at 20 quid a ticket. We have a very real life possibility to kill off Raith Rovers. 

Their away stand holds around 3,300. They also opened up part of the Railway Stand for us last time in the Championship.

Said it before but last time in the Championship the 2 games at Starks had a combined crowd of  over 10,500. The last time United visited there on league business, the 2 games combined crowd was under 6,500.

These clowns think they'll be getting the same nunbers again from us.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:verysmug:

Kirky Jambo

Why does the United statement talk about our compensation claim? 

Surely that part has nothing to do with them and is for SPFL/Moynihan to argue.

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Raith fans thinking they can make it through this crisis 

Screenshot_20200706-160403.thumb.png.3a3c5d906d62000ac634c6a30fc87e63.png

700 shirts sold!! 

:wow:

That'll sort them out. 

This is getting better and better. 

Riccarton3
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Look mate. If we had played the remaining 8 games and gone down, not one Hearts fan would have an issue with it. We were bottom deservedly so after 3/4 of an awful season brought about by 2 years of mismanagement, poor recruitment decisions at all levels and massive waste of resources.

The BIGGER picture is the season wasn’t finished. There were still 8 games left, most of them were against immediate rivals. There were many options that could have been taken to avoid unfair and premature demotion. We could have restarted (we’d be half way through the split fixtures by now if we had waited) We could have reconstructed. we could have null and voided. All of those options could have been done with ‘no harm’ to any club

If your going to come on here discussing the bigger picture, at least realise what the bigger picture actually is. The big picture here is a corrupt game run by people vulnerable to pressure backed up by a draconian voting  system which not only ensures the status quo, it gives Albion Rovers Bowling Club the same say as a multi million pound business. Yet we’re not even fighting against all of that, as bad as it is. We’re fighting to reverse a ******* decision which had no basis in need to be taken, which was forced through by underhand means at every stage and is massively discriminatory and prejudicial to us, Partick and Stranraer.

Nicely put

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Raith might not survive till then. We can but hope. 

That would be :pleasing:they start toiling, possibly even the threat of Admin the week before they play us at home. 

12 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Goes to court to argue that the case should go to arbitration..... cry about needing to crowd fund when they win their argument and it goes to arbitration 

:rofl:

You couldn’t make it up. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Raith fans thinking they can make it through this crisis 

Screenshot_20200706-160403.thumb.png.3a3c5d906d62000ac634c6a30fc87e63.png

700 shirts sold!! 

:wow:

They've raised around £100,000 since lockdown...can the locals continue that sort of backing though? Doubtful.

51 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Or did he merely pick his own preferred option, with no other information then force it through?

Actually, I think he picked Peter Lawwell's preferred option.

Hagar the Horrible

It was their bleeding QC who dragged it on for 3 days from 2 hours, he lost your case he cost you £shtlds he will drag arbitration out for months at his pace.  It was their bleeding QC who argued on behalf of the SPFL to have arbitration, so they celebrated that, and now the party bill has arrived and the complementary bar bill has hit them when their guests have been on the Dom Perignon all night.

You cant complain that you got what you wanted?  The CoS would have been done and dusted if you backed off

And just to clarify it takes two to tango, if you accept the Championship nobody has to pay compensation, but at worst you will have to pay compensation AND your legal bill.  best of luck getting support when you need it like the vote for reconstruction that was a zero cost alternative?  You voted for this...reap what you sow

Malinga the Swinga

Other than having to put up with the unwanted stench from new interlopers, today has been a most amusing one.

First of all we had the drunken ramblings of Bill Leckie to muse over while starting the day. An article which comprised nothing more than Hearts should accept being shafted because other clubs are skint.

Now we have Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove, pleading for financial assistance because they can't afford to pay a QC to continue their defence of a court case that a senior Law Lord in Scotland has decided has sufficient merit to warrant the case being sent to arbitration. Yes, that's correct. They tried to have case thrown out but a Law Lord dismissed their request and now they are squealing like pigs. Well, if you hire a QC, you best make sure you can afford to pay him because they are not cheap and as they have discovered, they don't always win.

Dundee Utd are negotiating for new manager, so where are they getting that cash from? 

Dunde Utd received cash from Hearts for Robbie. Where did that cash go?

Dundee Utd claim they have sold thousands of season tickets. Where did that cash go?

Dundee Utd have wealthy US owner. Why does he not fund their case?

Cove claim to be redeveloping ground. Where did that cash come from? 

They expect fans of other clubs and other clubs themselves to fund their efforts in court. These would be the clubs that are trying to raise enough funds to stop their own clubs from suffering, yet they want help because we are following the SPFL in their request for arbitration.

They may raise some funds from Celtic and no doubt Hibs fans will hand over a few quid (because donating funds to try and hurt Hearts is more important than donating funds to help their own club, in their small demented and malformed through inter-breeding minds), but in the words we were encouraged to live by 'Take Your Medicine'. 

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

. Why aren't the SPFL fighting for the 3 amigos ? 

This is the point I don't get, our grievance was always with the SPFL, and how they unjustly treated us.

Surely if the SPFL are defending their decision to demote us, then by default they are defending their decision to promote DUFC. Why does DUFC need to be in the arbitration?

3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It was their bleeding QC who dragged it on for 3 days from 2 hours, he lost your case he cost you £shtlds he will drag arbitration out for months at his pace.  It was their bleeding QC who argued on behalf of the SPFL to have arbitration, so they celebrated that, and now the party bill has arrived and the complementary bar bill has hit them when their guests have been on the Dom Perignon all night.

You cant complain that you got what you wanted?  The CoS would have been done and dusted if you backed off

And just to clarify it takes two to tango, if you accept the Championship nobody has to pay compensation, but at worst you will have to pay compensation AND your legal bill.  best of luck getting support when you need it like the vote for reconstruction that was a zero cost alternative?  You voted for this...reap what you sow

Lord Clark took 5 seconds to dismiss his case. 

Ethan Hunt

If DU/RR/CR lose the arbitration case I will happily contribute to their legal fees for the case they would surely raise against the SPFL. 

There’s only one enemy here and it’s not Hearts and Partick Thistle.

Dundee United are being played like a fiddle by the SPFL. Maybe the should ask to see the SPFL’s cards on the table.

Rick Sanchez

I doubt it but I hope it's a sign of the strength of Hearts and Partick's hand. Maybe Nelms has been on the blower to his Yankee mate telling him they could be in trouble.

Maybe Dundee Utd shouldn't be hiring a manager that they need to pay compensation too his former club... 

Is Doncaster an evil genius? 

Bazzas right boot

I hope James Anderson is watching this. 

He gives clubs and communities money and now if any of these clubs help fund the case against Hearts he has indirectly helped them fund the case against Hearts. 

I'd be fuming if any of these clubs find the cash to back Utd, it's his money but as a Hearts fan he'll be fuming if it plays out that way. 

It's like giving your brother a loan of money to help him pay bills,then he goes on a weekend bender the day after you give him the cash. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Go to court to argue that the case should be dismissed. Cry about needing to crowd fund when they lose their argument and it goes to arbitration.

:rofl:

Fixed for you.

Dundee United could have protected their Premiership position by supporting reconstruction.    No legal battles.    No jeopardy.

But they did not do that.

They chose to rely on the soundness of the scheme to **** over Hearts,   Thistle and the rest.    They looked the other way and bleated to move on.

They tried to have our petition dismissed.    They lost.    Bizarrely they say they welcome arbitration,    the end result of them losing their argument.    But,   again bizarrely,   they now say the arbitration is a great burden on them.

I guess if you fly with the crows...

Ethan Hunt
3 hours ago, firsttimecaller said:

In order to set a few points correct with regards to things I posted earlier.

Obviously, I don’t support Hearts, nor do I have a vested interest in the SPFL. I follow my local club, Bonnyrigg Rose.

No, I’m not a journalist or being paid or asked to post.

To be frank, I felt compelled to post on the basis I genuinely believe that the bigger picture is being missed here by supporters of Hearts on here in the dash to lay blame at everyone else’s door. 

So we’ve all missed the bigger picture and you - a Bonnyrigg Rose fan who spends far too much time on a Hearts football forum despite not supporting the club or having a vested interest in SPFL football - have saw it. How did you manage that? Oh aye, by using Hearts fans comments about how pish we played as evidence that we deserve to get relegated and ignoring anything to do with the incompetence, or worse, of the SPFL!!!

I’ve heard some pish in my time but you top all of it.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

brunoatemyhamster

" Costs are spiralling out of control" 

Im absolutely erect at the potential. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

Maybe Dundee Utd shouldn't be hiring a manager that they need to pay compensation too his former club... 

Is Doncaster an evil genius? 

Thought he was supposed to be confirmed today?  Wonder how it's going?

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I honestly want us to win the case  but be in the championship now. 

Even £1/£2m skimmed of the top will hurt many teams. 

Anything near our figure and we'll directly be responsible for half the teams going bust. 

Giving the way these clubs threw us and the other teams under a bus when their was a fairer solution all along really bothers my piss. 

Utd have a ****ing cheek as well, not won a thing, got voted up, then voted against reconstruction and happy to dump all the fallout on 3 clubs. 

Brass neck doesn't cover it tbh.

Quite clearly the other side where banking on the case getting thrown out completely as well. 

The solution is still so simple. 

Brass neck and a half seriously. Happy to block reconstruction 'in all circumstances' or words to that effect, they were totally unwilling to consider any sort of reconstruction. Now we're actually contesting it and they don't know what to do. ****ing shambles. 

They shouldn't seriously be putting the begging bowl out though. Thats pathetic in the extreme. If you can't finance the fight then sit the **** down. If the SPFL's case is so strong, why do they need to participate?

Reads like a pleading to Lawwell to come and help them IMO. 

DarthVodka

Dear Dundee Utd,

You were rooked before you got into this, did you really think this case would be thrown out?  Poorly advised in so many areas

You knew this could have been avoided, you were warned about what has happened well in advance.  Screwed by your own poor judgment, and to some extent Dundee FC.

I hope you go bust, and Dundee, and Raith and Hibs .... and no one will come to save yous as you have no value or support

Best regards,

HMFC

AlphonseCapone

Missed a lot today. 

So there's a Bonnyrigg Rose fan that's been creepily stalking JKB for months jotting down what people say and composing a bizarre "essay" they think has merit but ignores basic mathematics, 8 x 3 points = 24 points, Hearts 4 points behind, means Hearts didn't deserve to get relegated unless you can predict the future or you've been dropped on your head. 

Bill Leckie talks shite still and is hoping to use this skill to woo women on Match.Com.

Dundee United, who've overspent for about 3 years trying to buy the Championship but failing because they are shit show are whoring themselves out and begging for money to help fund their case at the arbitration because big bad Hearts are picking on them. 

That it, or have I missed more? 

1 hour ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6503/CLUB-STATEMENT.html?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dundeeunitedfc

On the day that the SPFL have released the Premiership fixture list for 2020/21, which is scheduled to start on 1st August, instead of looking forward and planning for the forthcoming season, the executive team and Board at the Club are embroiled in preparation work for the SFA arbitration process that starts this week in respect of the action raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle.

As confirmed in our joint statement on Friday, we, along with Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, were pleased with Lord Clark’s decision to refer the dispute to arbitration, however we remain incensed that we are having to devote considerable time and incur significant legal costs in defending this action. Together we have already incurred costs of over £50,000, and face further legal fees for the arbitration process that could take the total bill to over £150,000. 

Given the serious financial implications of these escalating legal costs for Raith Rovers, Cove Rangers and ourselves, the three clubs have considered withdrawing from the arbitration process and allowing the expert panel of arbiters to judge the case raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle without any submissions from us in defence of our case. However, we believe (and our external legal advisors have confirmed same) that there is too much at stake to not defend our position against the Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle petition, which is seeking to reverse a decision that was made by 81% of the SPFL member clubs.

If successful in their action, in our opinion Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle would compromise the sporting integrity of the SPFL with clubs having been declared champions of their league not being promoted. Having won the Championship by a considerable margin, and invested substantial sums of money in preparing for next season in the Premiership, a decision to overturn the SPFL resolution that was supported by 34 of the 42 member clubs would be ruinous for us and our fans.

Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle could also be awarded significant sums in terms of compensation. Their compensation claim is for a total of £10 million. For the SPFL and its member clubs this would have potentially catastrophic consequences, with any compensation payment made to Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle being paid directly out of SPFL funds that are distributed to all clubs each season as prize money.

It is with these factors in mind, that, along with Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, we are reaching out to our fellow member clubs for support in defending this action, which has not only potentially grave consequences for us, but every SPFL club. We also intend running a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to help fund the huge legal bills that we face. We hope that as well as our own supporters, fans of clubs across Scotland will see this as a worthy cause to get behind in that if Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle are successful in their action it could have serious ramifications for the whole of Scottish football.

where to start with this shit show ??? 

1. the road map to this point had been spelt out weeks ago.  There was a simple solution to avoid it which you chose not to accept

2.  Sporting integrity is when you win or lose something over the full season, so no you had t won anything and we hadn’t been relegated

3. you are asking the same clubs, who wouldn’t accept a fraction less tv money due to reconstruction, to crowd fund for you.   This could be interesting and would love to see if any hypocrites actually help

4. I hope your club goes pop along with many others 

Edited by Muirhead

22games nro
23 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Easily summed up;

POINT A. you were warned this was the road we would go down if there was no reconstruction.

POINT B. you voted against reconstruction.

POINT C , See point A.

Malinga the Swinga
21 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not one ****ing penny should be handed over to them, not one ****ing penny. **** them and hope they die. Nobody to blame but the SPFL and themselves. 

Riccarton3

Would there be value in a statement from Hearts to clarify their position via a vis the SPFL and the 3 clubs? Hearts do not want to damage these clubs but the original sin was that of the SPFL Board.

The narrative being played out is now make it a club v club war. And that suits the Board. 'The more clubs against Hearts and Thistle the better'. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not one ****ing penny should be handed over to them, not one ****ing penny. **** them and hope they die. Nobody to blame but the SPFL and themselves. 

:spoton:

Just now, 22games nro said:

Easily summed up;

POINT A. you were warned this was the road we would go down if there was no reconstruction.

POINT B. you voted against reconstruction.

POINT C , See point A.

I wonder if we're going to send a wee statement out :D 

We ****ing warned them. Idiots.

14 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

brilliant post

13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Other than having to put up with the unwanted stench from new interlopers, today has been a most amusing one.

First of all we had the drunken ramblings of Bill Leckie to muse over while starting the day. An article which comprised nothing more than Hearts should accept being shafted because other clubs are skint.

Now we have Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove, pleading for financial assistance because they can't afford to pay a QC to continue their defence of a court case that a senior Law Lord in Scotland has decided has sufficient merit to warrant the case being sent to arbitration. Yes, that's correct. They tried to have case thrown out but a Law Lord dismissed their request and now they are squealing like pigs. Well, if you hire a QC, you best make sure you can afford to pay him because they are not cheap and as they have discovered, they don't always win.

Dundee Utd are negotiating for new manager, so where are they getting that cash from? 

Dunde Utd received cash from Hearts for Robbie. Where did that cash go?

Dundee Utd claim they have sold thousands of season tickets. Where did that cash go?

Dundee Utd have wealthy US owner. Why does he not fund their case?

Cove claim to be redeveloping ground. Where did that cash come from? 

They expect fans of other clubs and other clubs themselves to fund their efforts in court. These would be the clubs that are trying to raise enough funds to stop their own clubs from suffering, yet they want help because we are following the SPFL in their request for arbitration.

They may raise some funds from Celtic and no doubt Hibs fans will hand over a few quid (because donating funds to try and hurt Hearts is more important than donating funds to help their own club, in their small demented and malformed through inter-breeding minds), but in the words we were encouraged to live by 'Take Your Medicine'. 

Nailed it!

I think United statement is for the spfl benefit rather than ours. They want them to strike a deal with us so arbitration doesn’t go ahead and they have no further costs. 

especially if Borland charges per word!

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Missed a lot today. 

So there's a Bonnyrigg Rose fan that's been creepily stalking JKB for months jotting down what people say and composing a bizarre "essay" they think has merit but ignores basic mathematics, 8 x 3 points = 24 points, Hearts 4 points behind, means Hearts didn't deserve to get relegated unless you can predict the future or you've been dropped on your head. 

Bill Leckie talks shite still and is hoping to use this skill to woo women on Match.Com.

Dundee United, who've overspent for about 3 years trying to buy the Championship but failing because they are shit show are whoring themselves out and begging for money to help fund their case at the arbitration because big bad Hearts are picking on them. 

That it, or have I missed more? 

It's only half past four, much more to come today. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Interested Bystander said:

If that's the best you've got for the arbitration panel I don't fancy your chances much. I'd imagine they'll take the global pandemic into account when they come to a decision, and they won't be blaming it on the 38 clubs who managed not to be bottom of their leagues 

when the leagues were curtailed by necessity and a democratic vote. 

You must be gutted the fringe was cancelled this year.

gashauskis9

Moaning about finances, yet they interviewed Malky Mackay and Steve McClaren for the manager’s job.  This Asghar felly sounds like Vlad max.

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think United statement is for the spfl benefit rather than ours. They want them to strike a deal with us so arbitration doesn’t go ahead and they have no further costs. 

especially if Borland charges per word!

Boreland charges more for pauses than words that’s why we all nodded of when he was..................................................................................speaking.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Utd's statement suggests that they believe that if the outcome of the resolution is overturned that there is a very real possibility that they won't be promoted as part of that resolution was to declare them Champions. 

Bricking it. 

Hagar the Horrible

When is a joint statement NOT a joint statement!

When it is only put up on their websire by Dundee United and Cove?  Raith have not..  well not YET???????/ hmmmmm

3Bigcupsoon
20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Agree with every single word, great post.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )