SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Guest ToqueJambo

So Dundee Utd spent £3m they didn't have to win a Championship they ended up relying on a vote by their rivals to actually have confirmed and now they want other clubs to give them money to defend themselves against fellow clubs a judge says have a case, when actually it's the SPFL that are being taken to arbitration - just so they can then go on to spend another £3m they don't have in the Premiership. Good luck wth that!

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

I’m Dungcaster will through Utd a few loose coins  from his measly £400k plus bonuses.

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

What all these media gobshites are forgetting is that Ann Budge, or whoever else is charge at Hearts, has an obligation to the employess shareholders, investors, sponsors & in the case of football, the supporters, to do everything in their power to get the best financial & business outcome possible for that company.

At every stage that is what Hearts have attempted to do, whilst trying to remain on cordial terms with the other stakeholders involved. Legal action was inevitable after all other avenues had been exhausted. If Ann  Budge had not sought to protect the business then really her position as CEO would have been completely untenable as it would have been tantamount to willfully damaging that business through inaction.

How they cannot grasp this seemingly obvious fact is pretty incredible really. 

Well said NT. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

anteater2-j51e1cl1.jpg

This should be in a t-shirt when arbitration begins and the zoom call opens. Standing there Thomson with above image on his tshirt

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Interested Bystander said:

4. was an afterthought. I was in favour of 14-10-10-10, but knew it had no chance of getting passed after that suspiciously well informed letter. You were asking a lot of clubs to take a serious financial hit, and though I doubt it would have passed anyway, that kyboshed any chances of it. You might say Leslie Deans wasn't representing the club, but it matched exactly what the club ended up doing, and I'm sure the club chairmen took it as such.

Prove it.

If we ultimately lose then we'll have to accept the legitimacy of it in law and process.    We'll all have our own opinions regarding the fairness of it but this is not and cannot be about the subjective ideas of fairness.     We'll need to look as happy as we can and probably face significant glee,   goading and pomposity.

If we win,   we'll be told in no uncertain terms that we cheated fairness and sporting integrity.

Our enemies aren't interested in allowing natural or a legal,   technical justice to be decided.     All of them want us to go away and accept what we're being told is fair.     

Fearful and suspicious of what justice means to them.    Dishonesty seeping from every pore of their being.

Horatio Caine

Been some absolute beauties on here today.  Some of the posts are more suitable for the `Unashamedly crap jokes` thread ; others belong more on the `Seethe` thread.  Not many of our new posters belong on this thread.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Utd's statement suggests that they believe that if the outcome of the resolution is overturned that there is a very real possibility that they won't be promoted as part of that resolution was to declare them Champions. 

Bricking it. 

They'll still be asterix champions. They just won't be promoted, unless they support Budge's very sensible reconstruction proposal that would have avoided all of this.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Billybuffjaw said:

Any attempt at dialogue with Sturgeon was only ever going one way, you don't have to be Einstein to know that. Look, It's too emotive a subject for me to get involved I'm bloody hopeless at getting my point over. I'm as gutted as the next, especially after foolishly buying into SJ's in the know stuff, I should have known better. I've said all along our only chance of staying up is if another club goes bust, and I still believe there's every chance of that happening. Recon and going to the courts was never on imo.

Going to the court is still on, according to Lord Clark. He specifically said time would be made available if arbitration is too messy. And if court is still on, you can bet reconstruction is still on.

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Would there be value in a statement from Hearts to clarify their position via a vis the SPFL and the 3 clubs? Hearts do not want to damage these clubs but the original sin was that of the SPFL Board.

The narrative being played out is now make it a club v club war. And that suits the Board. 'The more clubs against Hearts and Thistle the better'. 

There will be mo statements made by Hearts until arbitration is concluded, and rightly so imho.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

So we’ve all missed the bigger picture and you - a Bonnyrigg Rose fan who spends far too much time on a Hearts football forum despite not supporting the club or having a vested interest in SPFL football - have saw it. How did you manage that? Oh aye, by using Hearts fans comments about how pish we played as evidence that we deserve to get relegated and ignoring anything to do with the incompetence, or worse, of the SPFL!!!

I’ve heard some pish in my time but you top all of it.

The good thing is the amount of time he must have spent putting that diatribe together, trying hard to hurt us all while trying hard to appear to be Mr Reasonable. Failing miserably at both.

17 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Easily summed up;

POINT A. you were warned this was the road we would go down if there was no reconstruction.

POINT B. you voted against reconstruction.

POINT C , See point A.

Agree with this.

They want to start the story only after our forced relegation. It actually all starts when play was suspended through Covid and they saw their chance to get promoted with eight games to go, but only if we were forced down a division. Neither the SPFA or the SFA offered or suggested arbitration. Our position on this hasn't changed from day one. Dundee Utd and others even denied our right to play in the top tier by voting us down, and thought we'd go away. Being forced out and picking up £8m would really hurt them more than us.     

Squeaky Bum Time In Tayside.....!

Edited by Section Q

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Utd's statement suggests that they believe that if the outcome of the resolution is overturned that there is a very real possibility that they won't be promoted as part of that resolution was to declare them Champions. 

Bricking it. 

Our petition is a response to Reconstruction being ruled out.

If we are not to be relegated then the only way to do that is no promotion. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Essentially - the legal action that HMFC & PTFC have taken, and that Lord Clark has adjudged to have enough merit, whilst dismissing that put forward by DUFC etc, to put to arbritration is bad as it financially stiffs them, but the compromised process that financially cripples both HMFC & PTFC is all tickety boo.

Cool story DUFC. Twats. 

Sums it up succinctly. Dundee Utd lost their motion to have the case dismissed in a court hearing in front of an independent judge, when their own lawyer extended the whole process by about two days, this costing them god knows how much in fees.

Move on.

Take your medicine.

Horatio Caine

What some of our `guests` today don't really grasp (amongst many other things) is that, the upcoming season is highly likely to be curtailed and the SPFL and all its lackey clubs are almost certain to declare there should be no promotion or relegation after a shortened season.  So HMFC is likely to be spending at least two years in the Championship, 

Sooperstar

Love that Dundee Utd statement. Give me more of their suffering please.

Have they not been paying attention to the self serving attitudes which go right through Scottish Football? Deaf ears are all that the statement will hit.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There will be mo statements made by Hearts until arbitration is concluded, and rightly so imho.

Yeah

Our statement is the petition 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

If/when we win, will the Calpol 3 be told to take their medicine? 

The thing you realise is that the bitterness and fall out from this saga will last forever. Loads of bad blood.

Hagar the Horrible

We have just been dealt a pair of aces, they have a 2 and an 8?  We could use this before the river has been dealt?  Mr Borland clearly answered YES that the arbitration process can be done on time, well not now that his clients have asked to around the neighbours houses and search under the sofa to raise funds to fight it? It could take weeks?

We could get this started in  a couple of days, that won’t give them time to top up the wee blind and call us

We could use it to go back to court if we wish, but it looks like arbitration costs more than the CoS?  Bit of a win/win for us?  Our chances have gone up? What’s the bet other member clubs are on the blower to Donkey saying drop it now!!!!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Love that Dundee Utd statement. Give me more of their suffering please.

Have they not been paying attention to the self serving attitudes which go right through Scottish Football? Deaf ears are all that the statement will hit.

It’s funny to see them lay out their seethe in such detail. Glorious 

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Agree with this.

They want to start the story only after our forced relegation. It actually all starts when play was suspended through Covid and they saw their chance to get promoted with eight games to go, but only if we were forced down a division. Neither the SPFA or the SFA offered or suggested arbitration. Our position on this hasn't changed from day one. Dundee Utd and others even denied our right to play in the top tier by voting us down, and thought we'd go away. Squeaky Bum Time In Tayside.....!

As I've said, self interest is a dangerous route. 

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

The good thing is the amount of time he must have spent putting that diatribe together, trying hard to hurt us all while trying hard to appear to be Mr Reasonable. Failing miserably at both.

I sincerely hope he/she is trolling. If they actually believe the pish they took all that time to compile then I fear for them. Help is available @firsttimecaller you only need to reach out.

John Findlay
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The thing you realise is that the bitterness and fall out from this saga will last forever. Loads of bad blood.

Not of our making though.

Edited by BRY
Embedding the tweet code block didn't work!

Clark Griswold
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We are definitely the most hated club in Scotland right now.

And I’m loving it!

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

🤣 it's funny cos its true!

All these fans of shitebag clubs think they can sting us with their disapproval. We're the third biggest club in this country, wtf do we need anyone's approval for?

If you're not for us, you're against us, so **** off.

So Dundee United et al's statement says that if we win reinstatement it seriously compromises football integrity (!),  and if it's compensation that we win instead it could be 'catastrophic' for them and other clubs - so can other clubs please step in to help fund this!      What a sham!!      It's incredulous that they voted AGAINST reconstruction and in their statement there is NO reference to trying to find a suitable solution that could resolve this for all clubs - ie recon.      Here we are still,  with no apparent desire from the member clubs to sort this out, but take the risk with arbitration panel.      I'll say it again,  but where are the clubs that voted FOR recon and why are they not putting statements out and shouting about this/influencing the 'no' voters to get it back on the table and push it through.    I think the honest truth is the recon ship has well and truly sailed given the proximity to the start of the season and clubs are not just going to 'hope for the best'.      

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Going to the court is still on, according to Lord Clark. He specifically said time would be made available if arbitration is too messy. And if court is still on, you can bet reconstruction is still on.

The only reason this case is not being heard in the Court of session is due to the the SPFL rules. Nothing else. It is obvious Clark sees a case. Maybe that is what Buffjaw means because of SPFl rules because there ain't nothing else stopping it being heard in public , not after you win a motion of  access to all relevant docs. 

Georgecowie
36 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If only there was a way that would keep Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers and not demote Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer. And it could even bring a lowland and highland league club up to fix the play-off problem.

But I guess there isn't a solution and surely if there was one United, Raith and Cove Rangers would have not voted against it....

This is my favourite post of this farce. Might get it put on a t shirt. Bravo. Common sense alive and well. 

Rick Sanchez

I'm assuming with this statement and Doncaster on SSN earlier that you can talk whilst in arbitration?

I fail to see what this Utd tosser is trying to achieve? Could he not pick up a phone? I can only visualise him in near tears trying to galvanise support with a rousing speech...seems like they're close to the end or know they face a real fight, almost like they've seen evidence of a penny dropping.

Dundee Utd complaining about us and sporting integrity 😂

when they voted against reconstruction that would of saved everyone money and punished nobody unfairly.

Their turning from jubilation on Friday to shitting themselves today is ‘arousing’.

begging other clubs to help

fund their case when the other clubs are laying staff off ? Where’s Dundee Utd integrity with that ?  These Rat clubs that voted for a few quid to end the season and stamp us  down are now all shitting it. The vermin across  the city gave up £150,000 in prize money to expel us. I remember reading fek all about that !

Give us £8m and we will play in the championship thank you. The alternative is delaying the season if we are reinstated. That would have to be the case as we will not of trained

Edited by 1971fozzy

Hector Riva
20 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Easily summed up;

POINT A. you were warned this was the road we would go down if there was no reconstruction.

POINT B. you voted against reconstruction.

POINT C , See point A.

Sporting integrity my erse. HOPE Doncaster utd go bust.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

And I’m loving it!

Me too, although I’m not blase about the impact of this if we lose 

Riccarton3
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You could well be right. It would only be picked apart. Indeed all this media noise is probably a tactic looking for the club to break cover. Keep schtum

Edited by Riccarton3

manaliveits105

HI HI HI BEAUTIFUL MONDAY 

THIS IS MY MY MY BEAUTIFUL DAY

WHEN YOU SAID SAID SAID WILL YOU ALL FUND ME

OH MY MY MY ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY 

everybody slosh now !:gok:

You would think that if the SPFL had this great robust rule book that everyone should follow, there would be something in it regarding teams begging for money from the other clubs and painting other clubs in a bad light...

Neither up nor down about Cove but Utd & RR can just do one!

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Me too, although I’m not blase about the impact of this if we lose 

What is that? Like gloating and stuff

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

And I’m loving it!

Amazing how PT just aren't mentioned. Like they don't exist. Which to be fair is how the SPFL acted after the Resolution passed, so they did set the tone.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Sporting integrity my erse. HOPE Doncaster utd go bust.

Sporting integrity went out the window when they expelled us while we had 8 games to reverse our situation 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

🤣 it's funny cos its true!

All these fans of shitebag clubs think they can sting us with their disapproval. We're the third biggest club in this country, wtf do we need anyone's approval for?

If you're not for us, you're against us, so **** off.

Yaaaaaas 👏👏👏

Interested Bystander
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Prove it.

Bottom 8 after the Premiership split - £200-250 thousand from reduced gates plus diluted prize money.

League 1, reduced gates from swapping Partick Thistle and Falkirk for Edinburgh City.

League 2, less about money than shitting themselves about Brora and Kelty coming up after what Edinburgh City and Cove Rangers did, and what's happened to Berwick and East Stirlingshire.

Plus mass demotions in each league if it went back to 12-10-10-10 in a few years, not sure what promises were made about that.

As I said, I would have voted for it as it seemed the fairest option for sharing out the pain, but threatening to bankrupt everyone if they didn't sign up for it was not the way to go. 

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

We have just been dealt a pair of aces, they have a 2 and an 8?  We could use this before the river has been dealt?  Mr Borland clearly answered YES that the arbitration process can be done on time, well not now that his clients have asked to around the neighbours houses and search under the sofa to raise funds to fight it? It could take weeks?

We could get this started in  a couple of days, that won’t give them time to top up the wee blind and call us

We could use it to go back to court if we wish, but it looks like arbitration costs more than the CoS?  Bit of a win/win for us?  Our chances have gone up? What’s the bet other member clubs are on the blower to Donkey saying drop it now!!!!!

The one point in the court case where I thought there was a promise made without firm confirmation. 

Boreland and the SPFL lawyer confirming the SFA could start Arbitration quickly and be finished before end July. 

Clark Griswold

No Raith statement yet as they need to change their ‘winning League 1 by a considerable margin’ para 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Cove statement

I edited this part for them:

"However, this would allow the expert panel of arbiters to judge the case raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle without any submissions from us in defending our position against the Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle petition, which seeks to reverse a decision that was made in highly dubious, and possibly illegal (according to a judge) circumstances by 81% of the SPFL member clubs.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )