SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

I’d love to see all the voting slips to see who the 2 faced b45ta s are, I’m sure they are all 5h17 in it if they are disclosed.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Showing your age Danny 😀  Was more of a Victor man myself.

Shoot or Scorcher too.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, we weren't even the worse in the Premiership. St Johnstone were a the bottom of the table longer than we were. We just happened to be bottom when football was a stopped. A week or two earlier and it would have been Hamilton. in fact, Hamilton were still the bookies' favourites to go down.

We were shockingly bad though.

There should have been no title for Celtic and no relegation either. That was the right move.

People like Bill Leckie, Keith Jackson and the like should read Lord Clark's statement re Hearts case.  Also do thet not wonder why he has stipulated it is NOT a footballing issue and that is why he wanted people with legal knowledge on the arbitration panel, including a chairman with ten years legal experience.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

anteater2-j51e1cl1.jpg

😂

Not exactly sure why but I just burst out laughing seeing this.  Nice one

50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A lot of the responses to this show some kind of mass delusion. Folk are deliberately ignoring the bigger picture and treating D Utd's title and our relegation like just a regular run of the mill season with promotion and relegation.

f it is, why the **** are we in court you dingbats? 

Do they really think Hearts and Thistle would be doing this if we'd just been relegated as per normal or if D Utd and Raith had won their titles after a full league programme?

In any case we never went to court because we were relegated. We went to court because of the way we were relegated and the lack of reconstruction, something D Utd and Raith voted against out of, what, spite and self-interest?

What a very good post.  

The relegated clubs were not relegated.  How thick do people have to be not to realise that.  

I find this bleating by the clubs involved absolutely pathetic. They have all had enough opportunities to do the right thing but have blown it time after time, after time. So why should we be in the slightest bit bothered about the catastrophic impact on other clubs’ finances when they have not given two hoots about the financial impact of their decision making on us. I look forward to a number of these clubs going (well) under for good. You reap what you sow at the end of the day. GIRUY every single one of them!

Also the use of the sporting integrity phrase is so laughable it is not true. Always a good one to trot out when desperation hits.

Edited by JamboBoy

AllyjamboDerbyshire
46 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/notice-of-referral-to-arbitration/?rid=14258

"The Scottish FA has received a notice of referral to arbitration in respect of the dispute between Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle, and the respondents named as the Scottish Professional Football League, Dundee United, Cove Rangers, Raith Rovers and Stranraer."

When did Stranraer get involved?

They were named as respondents in the petition as they could be materially affected by the case. Of course, it suits the agenda of Scottish football governance to not highlight the fact that Stranraer would/will benefit should the petition be successful. On second thoughts, I should maybe make the point, in the SFA's defence, that it might be viewed as improper if they should make any such definition. It's probably up to the SPFL and the media to point that out. But they won't.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don’t really see how anyone can argue that the Clark judgement wasn’t balanced or reasonable. Dundee United and Raith are just whining like little girls. They basically want this to go away now and they know it’s going to be expensive

After all is said and done one thing is for certain, Scottish football will begin and end with Hearts for me.  I won’t be contributing 1p to any other club. 

MarkDevriesScores4

There were plenty of opportunities for clubs to do the right thing for all members and the majority of clubs chose to look after number one. Hearts are now doing the same. 

when these clubs go to the wall, they would do well to remember that they were given opportunities to do the right thing for all members and chose otherwise. If they die, it’s entirely of their own making.

i won’t shed a tear for any of them.

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, we weren't even the worse in the Premiership. St Johnstone were a the bottom of the table longer than we were. We just happened to be bottom when football was a stopped. A week or two earlier and it would have been Hamilton. in fact, Hamilton were still the bookies' favourites to go down.

I’ve seen this line about other teams being at the bottom for longer than us a few times.

Possibly the most ridiculous defence you can get. Utterly meaningless. We were the worst team across 30 matches, ergo we were the worst team at the point the league was called.

I’m all for standing our ground but that’s just silly.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

I find this bleating by the clubs involved absolutely pathetic. They have all had enough opportunities to do the right thing but have blown it time after time, after time. So why should we be in the slightest bit bothered about the catastrophic impact on other clubs’ finances when they have not given two hoots about the financial impact of their decision making on us. I look forward to a number of these clubs going (well) under for good. You reap what you sow at the end of the day. GIRUY every single one of them!

Also the use of the sporting integrity phrase is so laughable it is not true. Always a good one to trot out when desperation hits.

They’re entitled to contest our petition. But if they choose to contest it then they can’t complain about the consequences of doing so. Idiots

Just now, Shanks said:

After all is said and done one thing is for certain, Scottish football will begin and end with Hearts for me.  I won’t be contributing 1p to any other club. 

I might be contributing some 1ps to other clubs. Some fundraising sites charge commission in a way that small donations cost more than they contribute. Hopefully DU/RR/CR use one of those sites for their fundraising.

Cruickie's Moustache

If, as Doncaster keeps reminding us, the SPFL are the clubs, why would hard up members want to  pay twice for legal representations by assisting Dundee Utd, Raith & Cove when, effectively, they could already end up being landed with a bill for Mr Moynihan or whoever takes up the leagues case in the arbitration?

Not sure if the SFA process is different  the Arbitration (Scotland) Act 2010 covers liabilities and costs in Rule 62 :-

Hagar the Horrible

Going to be interesting how the SMSM report on  DU who have the begging bowl asking for help from the poor, while they wear an Armani suit!  What they are doing is disgraceful and beyond contempt!

heartandsoul
5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Too true. Only Hearts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

AllyjamboDerbyshire
52 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it is also possible to award titles but have no promotions

That whole 'you can't award titles and have no relegation' was just a load of balls. Not only is there absolutely no connection between the two - league champions and relegation, until the introduction of the pyramid system there had never been relegation from the bottom division of the Scottish League, but it always had a champion, and the season the top league went from 10 teams to 12 saw Aberdeen escape relegation due to, wait for it, reconstruction! There was no relegation in any of the other divisions, either, yet each had its own league champions.

part_time_jambo
11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What a very good post.  

The relegated clubs were not relegated.  How thick do people have to be not to realise that.  

If they weren't relegated, why are you referring to them as "the relegated clubs"?

Libertarian
16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There should have been no title for Celtic and no relegation either. That was the right move.

The correct thing to do would have been to expand the Premiership to 14 clubs alongside reconstructing the lower leagues to ensure that there were no losers. While the majority of clubs showed how stupid and selfish they are by rejecting reconstruction the real blame lies at the door of Doncaster and the executive of the SPFL who have displayed a complete lack of leadership and who should be removed from post as soon as possible 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It really doesn't matter. Teams can and do change their form dramatically within a few games. It's what football's all about. Christ, if the league had been stopped in 85/86 after 30 games everyone would have said we deserved the title.

Celtic then won all of their last 8 games. They'd only won 2 of their previous 8.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

If they weren't relegated, why are you referring to them as "the relegated clubs"?

Probably for the same reason some folk refer to Rangers instead of Sevco or The Rangers or call the premiership the SPL - habit and laziness.

2 hours ago, The Crack Fox said:

Ohfb2gZ.png

Nice one, just need to add a caption - 'take your medicine'

👍

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t really see how anyone can argue that the Clark judgement wasn’t balanced or reasonable. Dundee United and Raith are just whining like little girls. They basically want this to go away now and they know it’s going to be expensive

DU, RR & Cove put the wage packet on black.........and it came up red............now they are crying foul.......oh feck it's no fair.......oh feck..........help us.

My old dad told me something about gambling a long time ago, and that was, if you can't afford to lose it, then don't put it on in the first place.

Advice DU, RR & Cove would have been well advised to have heeded.

These statements have done these 3 clubs and the SPFL clubs no favours.

They have shot themselves in the foot with the laughable talk about sporting integrity (the sport of football is played on a football pitch, not a ballot box) with 2 teams talking about the considerable margin they 'won' their leagues by but the 3rd club had to change their statement when mentioning being awarded the league.

The less Hearts and Partick say the better,just let the other side dig huge holes.

Also we are fighting this with the club and the fans money, no embarrassing begging bowls out to other clubs.

Edited by Gambo

35 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So basically Scottish football social media is now Hearts and PT fans throwing back exactly the same "salty tears" and other gifs and statements like "take your medicine" back in the faces of fans of other clubs that have been throwing them at us the last couple of months. And those other fans are complaining about this?

Well, to be fair, that’s just football summed up is it not? 

Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Im honestly past being angry. Hope we shaft a few clubs and they blame us forevermore. 

**** them all.

gashauskis9
34 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

from the Raith statement -

It is with these factors in mind, that, along with Dundee United and Cove Rangers, we are reaching out to our fellow member clubs for support in defending this action, which has not only potentially grave consequences for us, but every SPFL club. We also intend running a joint crowdfunding campaign to raise money to help fund the huge legal bills that we face. We hope that as well as our own supporters, fans of clubs across Scotland will see this as a worthy cause to get behind – If we are unsuccessful in defending the legal action it could have serious ramifications for the whole of Scottish football.

(instead of just Hearts .Partick and Stranraer who we all agreed should be sacrificed as the patsies for the greater good)

You feckin snakes - hope Rovers are deid soon.

“Serious ramifications” aye? Funnily enough, there have been seasons in the past where teams haven’t been promoted and I don’t recall the game as we know it combusting as a result. Do they genuinely believe that anybody gives a shit about Kirkcaldy FC and a team who’ve only been in the leagues for over a year?

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, The Merse said:

I’ve seen this line about other teams being at the bottom for longer than us a few times.

Possibly the most ridiculous defence you can get. Utterly meaningless. We were the worst team across 30 matches, ergo we were the worst team at the point the league was called.

I’m all for standing our ground but that’s just silly.

Literally no-one is disputing that. It's not a defence.

The point is we might not have been the worse team at another time of the season. St Johnstone were. The just before us Hamilton were. In a couple of weeks it could have been, and probably would have been, Ross County.

It was completely arbitrary, which means any club could have been in our position and could be again. That's the point. Disappointing to see Hearts fans saying we deserve to go down when we of all people know how things can drastically change within 8 games.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
56 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That Dundee United statement defies belief. Remind me how they voted despite Partick Thistle’s do no harm statement the day before the reconstruction vote. There’s some amount of hypocrisy knocking about in Dundee.

They also didn't 'win the league by a large margin'. They didn't actually win the league, by any margin, large or small. They were ahead in the league when football was stopped, and were only granted the league by dint of a questionable vote. But they'll get away with their fanciful (lying) claim as the media won't question it, and so it will become the new mantra of the anti-Hearts brigade.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Well, to be fair, that’s just football summed up is it not? 

Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Im honestly past being angry. Hope we shaft a few clubs and they blame us forevermore. 

**** them all.

Exactly. We're all acting out of self-interest. So how come only Hearts and PT get pulled up on it?

Libertarian
14 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I feel exactly the same way Shanks. I have always been an enthusiastic supporter of the Scottish game and have often gone to games not involving Hearts as a neutral. But never again. 

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It was their bleeding QC who dragged it on for 3 days from 2 hours, he lost your case he cost you £shtlds he will drag arbitration out for months at his pace.  It was their bleeding QC who argued on behalf of the SPFL to have arbitration, so they celebrated that, and now the party bill has arrived and the complementary bar bill has hit them when their guests have been on the Dom Perignon all night.

You cant complain that you got what you wanted?  The CoS would have been done and dusted if you backed off

And just to clarify it takes two to tango, if you accept the Championship nobody has to pay compensation, but at worst you will have to pay compensation AND your legal bill.  best of luck getting support when you need it like the vote for reconstruction that was a zero cost alternative?  You voted for this...reap what you sow

How amusing it would be if their QC continues to hold proceedings up with his waffling, to the extent that the panel decides to refer it back to the CoS over timing concerns.  That would only add to their costs, as well as not impressing Lord Clark. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

“Serious ramifications” aye? Funnily enough, there have been seasons in the past where teams haven’t been promoted and I don’t recall the game as we know it combusting as a result. Do they genuinely believe that anybody gives a shit about Kirkcaldy FC and a team who’ve only been in the leagues for over a year?

Falkirk about 20 times!

Bret the Hitman Hearts

Even if nothing comes from the arbitration (and as a pessimist, I don't expect it to), this whole legal venture has been worth it already. If we're going down, we're taking them with us. :glorious:

Cannot be long now, until the dominoes start falling left, right and centre.

Ayr United

Elgin City

Ross County

Et al ...

... get your statements ready (although it looks as though Cove, RR and DU are just using copy and paste ... so Control 'C' and Control 'V' it is then).

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”

Confucius 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The point is we might not have been the worse team at another time of the season. St Johnstone were. The just before us Hamilton were. In a couple of weeks it could have been, and probably would have been, Ross County.

It was completely arbitrary, which means any club could have been in our position and could be again. That's the point. Disappointing to see Hearts fans saying we deserve to go down when we of all people know how things can drastically change within 8 games.

I’m not saying we deserved to go down.

I’m just saying it’s very silly to suggest that because other teams might’ve spent longer at the bottom than us that we weren’t the worst.

All I was saying is that we’ve enough to justify our cause without going down that road.

AlphonseCapone

Can't decide who are worse, Raith having the audacity to whine about being champions given the league at that point or Cove, newly promote into the professional leagues yet show zero ****s about other clubs in a similar position to what they were a few years ago being absolutely shafted through all of us and denied the chance to come up. Something not mentioned enough. 

31 minutes ago, RENE said:

People like Bill Leckie, Keith Jackson and the like should read Lord Clark's statement re Hearts case.  Also do thet not wonder why he has stipulated it is NOT a footballing issue and that is why he wanted people with legal knowledge on the arbitration panel, including a chairman with ten years legal experience.

Let's think about that. :clap:

2 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

There is a rule preventing Hearts and Hibs playing in Edinburgh on the same day. It is a police requirement. That rule is effectively broken in week 1 with Hibs and DU both at home.

There won't be any fans there anyway so can surely play on the same day.

Not caught up so apologies if already answered.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
21 minutes ago, number-16 said:

I might be contributing some 1ps to other clubs. Some fundraising sites charge commission in a way that small donations cost more than they contribute. Hopefully DU/RR/CR use one of those sites for their fundraising.

You're not suggesting, heaven forbid, that we all put in a 10p donation, are you?

jambo-in-furness
3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

You're not suggesting, heaven forbid, that we all put in a 10p donation, are you?

Never,

more like 10 x 1p

Edited by jambo-in-furness

NaturalOrder74
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

😂 post of the month 

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I wonder who wrote the template for the Statements as they are all basically the same my guess is Doncaster.

McKenzie

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Clogg up their system and take as long as their QC 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It was arbitrary both ways. I’ve been amazed by the number of people who think it was to give Celtic the title but not relegate clubs. If you’re going to call the league rather than void it then you have to call it from top to bottom.

It should have been voided 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )