SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Does anyone still believe we will

be reinstated. We are in the championship and hopefully with a few quid compensation in our pocket. 

As a club this needs to be resolved soon as ultimately there will be some big decisions to make on and off the pitch 

I don’t. I’ve allowed myself to be carried away by the echo chamber in here at every turn so far. 
We’ll get screwed over. Again. 
Nap. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

36 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Brian McLaughlin reckoned 10 days at most to start.

The SPFL/SFA need to get this started or a committed start date that would guarantee a conclusion by end July because the SPFL QC told Lord Clark that there was no reason why it wouldn't be done in the timescales Lord Clark had set aside if it was him who would preside over.

I was sure that the SPFL  QC said they have it going by Monday (today) when asked by LC. Now if it is going to take 10 days that takes it past the time set aside by LC and the CoS does it not?

SPFL will kick this can down the road as they have done for the last 3 months

Italian Lambretta

You've got to laugh at someone who supports Bonnyrigg Rose and has the brass neck to come on this forum and tell us we don't see the bigger picture. 

From a supporter of a junior club which is run by the same bowling green cabal as the SPFL. A club that exists with constant in fighting and a loathing of a community social club next door. 

****ing Hypocrite. 

Tennant's  6's
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

FAO, Bill Leckie,

We did not start this fight. This fight started when those men on the SPFL board decided they wanted to end the season and hand a title to a team from the Parkhead area of Glasgow.

Those same men in order to do this held a smoking gun to the heads of the SPFL clubs and said quite categorically, if you dont approve this resolution you wont get any money.

Unfortunately for them several clubs saw right through their scheming and said no, not happening.

So as bullies do they lied, they threatened, they cheated to get their own way.

What they didnt reckon on was two clubs having the balls to stand up and say NO, we are not having this as you are hurting clubs, when you dont have to hurt any. One of these clubs Heart of Midlothian even showed them how this could be done, and they still refused.

We told them from the off. Hurt no one or we will see you in court. They didnt believe us and tried to call our bluff.

Only to late they realised we were not bluffing.

Yet along these bullies, with the help of their friendly scribes(of which you are one Mr Leckie) and their wee pals at the BBC in GLASGOW, have painted Heart of Midlothian as the villain of the piece.

All Heart of Midlothian have done is stand up for what is right, which is so obvious that even Stevie Wonder can see it.

No Mr Leckie there is no blood spilled by Heart of Midlothian, there is no blood on the most famous Maroon football shirts in the world. There is no blood on our hands.

The first blood was spilled by Neil Doncaster and his cohorts when they first thought up their twisted, deceitful resolution. They spilled more blood on Good Friday April the 10th when they realised their resolution was going to fail.

If they were not counting votes as they arrived then how did they know it was failing. They have lied and cheated from the very start.

Further blood has been spilled with every article you have written along with your partner in crime Mr Keith Jackson at your alleged rivals the Daily Record.

I say alleged, as you two behave no differently to the biggest sham rivalry in Scottish football, that is known as the Old Firm. 

Their fans may hate each other, but their respective boardrooms have been carving up Scottish football from at least 1909(read your Scottish football history books Mr Leckie).

No Mr Leckie we never started this fight, but we are going to finish it. We may not be victorious, BUT WE HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN ALONG WITH A VERY FEW OTHERS STOOD UPTO THE BULLIES AND SAID ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Can you claim the same Mr Leckie? Or are you like the vast majority in your profession shit scared of getting a brick through your window?

:spoton:

Top post.

The 'article's is utter trash, devoid of any facts or acknowledgment of what actually has gone in these past few months..

I'm glad that our club has got its mojo back, no more softy softy approach.

We can be an inclusive, socially aware club, whilst also having a vicious, not to be messed with attitude also. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You've got to laugh at someone who supports Bonnyrigg Rose and has the brass neck to come on this forum and tell us we don't see the bigger picture. 

From a supporter of a junior club which is run by the same bowling green cabal as the SPFL. A club that exists with constant in fighting and a loathing of a community social club next door. 

****ing Hypocrite. 

Firsttimecaller is a Bonnyrigg fan?

This muppet firsttimecaller needs emptied. 

A p&b or. Net interloper. Bonnyrigg fan my erse. 

Yep, Hearts were the worst team in the SPFL. 

The point is, we had 8 games to go. Unless you have some sort of crystal ball then you cannot make the point that Hearts would have been relegated. 

The SPFL had 3 very clear options. 

1) null & void

2) play out the season when it could have resumed. 

3) restructure

Yet they went for the daftest option of declaring the leagues before they had even been completed. 

They deserve the fire and the hatred that has reigned down on them as do the clubs for facilitating such a stupid outcome while leagues around Europe finish their seasons. 

I think Dundee, Raith, Dunfermline, QotS, Ayr Utd could facilitate 2,000 Hearts supporters next season and will charge us £20-25 a ticket. That's £40-50,000 that they won't be getting next season and if we have to visit one of these places twice, we're talking £100k. That's 2-3 players salaries for a season. If any of these clubs are in trouble or over budget next season, they are ****ed, we will help their demise. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, firsttimecaller said:

I'm aware this is an essay, but nevermind!

It’s come to the point where I feel I can’t stand by any more. A reality check needs to kick-in at some point here.

At the time when the league was suspended, Hearts were bottom. They were beaten 1-0 by St Mirren in a game which the vast majority of Hearts supporters, and everyone else, had labelled as “must win”. Hearts didn’t win this game, and were therefore four points adrift at the bottom of the table with eight games to play. Hearts had won four games all season. The performance at St Mirren was described variously as “meek”, “insipid” and “lacking threat”. Hearts nearest rivals for relegation were unbeaten in their last five home matches and had kept clean sheets in four of those.

Hearts supporters shared the view that, from a sporting point of view, they were the worst team in the league. On 14th March, under the title of “At What point Did You Think Our Season Was Doomed?”, various posters on JKB acknowledged how poor Hearts were. Saughton Jambo, who has recently been noticeably vocal around fairness with regards to the Court of Session case, pointed out “This is worse than the 80-81 season [when Hearts were relegated]. We had an excuse back then... we don’t now”. Stan pointed out that “Going 3 down to Killie after the break … was the last chance to turn the corner and finish the season well”. Famous 1874 said that “It’s hard to say when we were doomed as we’ve been s***e all season bar a handful of results”. In a poll on the 14th March on JKB, 12.8% of Hearts own fans acknowledged that they deserved to be relegated.

From a sporting perspective, Hearts were the worst football team in the league. In the match thread following the St Mirren defeat, the overall mood was disappointment and acknowledgment of how poor a team they were. In that match thread, Fozzyonthefence noted prior to the defeat “Lose on Wednesday and we’re down.  I think you’re the only person on here that doesn’t think that” in response to a poster suggesting they could stay up. JimmyCant pointed out that “We’ve got 5 key games left … We’ll need to win 4 out of those 5. That’s becoming a big ask the more you look at it.” Bear in mind, this is a Hearts team that had won four times all season.

On sporting merit, Hearts deserved to be relegated.

There is also the worrying trend emerging around Hearts supporters expressly hoping for negative outcomes for other clubs whilst at the same time becoming noticeably vocal around the concept of fairness. There is the startling example of the post on the aforementioned St Mirren matchday thread of a poster highlighting how funny it would be to beat St Mirren, sending them bottom, and then for the season to be called due to COVID19. I’m fairly certain the poster in question has had this particular post copy/pasted several times, and so I’ll spare them the reminder of it. This schadenfreude has now been replaced by hoping that other clubs go into administration, seemingly based on the assumption that they “voted against Hearts” in order to relegate them.

Throughout various threads, numerous assertions have been made as to which clubs people would like to go into administration. The thread titled “Administration” from 26th June notes that some fans believe that “quite a few” will suffer this fate and that Hearts should “Get that interdict served ASAP”. Amongst others, Dundee, Hibs, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Albion Rovers are all named as clubs that posters hope enter administration, a process which results in numerous job losses and can end in financial hardship for ordinary employees. It’s noteworthy that several of these clubs were Hearts rivals within the bottom six of the league.Thank goodness for the few comments of common sense on such matters, notably Sassenach, who said “I've suffered admin events … It's horrible, and I wouldn't wish it on any fellow football fans”. Some things surely transcend sport.

The matter of finance also comes into play in issue. Hearts suffered a previous administration event, ultimately leading to their relegation in the 2010s. This was caused largely by financial mismanagement. Within their list of creditors, Hearts included fellow football clubs Ayr United, Livingston, Musselburgh Athletic, Stenhousemuir and Rangers. They also owed monies to a variety of public bodies, including the City of Edinburgh Council, Scottish Water and Scottish Police Authority. There are no winners in administration events. Supporter boycotts of all clubs who voted against Hearts league reconstruction proposals have been widely mentioned online.

To a significant extent, supporters of other clubs (the Pie & Bovril forum is a marker of this) do sympathise with the situation in which Hearts currently find themselves, but many have expressed a significant distaste for the sense of entitlement being displayed. Under the JKB thread of “Wigan Go Into Administration”, posters note that there may be “decent freebies to be had” and that this is “karma for Webstergate”. The irony and understanding of the concept of karma and justice for perceived previous wrongdoings is an interesting one.

Similarly, the suggestion that Dundee United are a target of Hearts fans’ dislike appears to be an interesting perspective. Taken from the thread last week on JKB  “I Used To Post On Here About Liking Dundee Utd”, Salad Fingers notes that he/she “recently developed a strong hatred of them and their fans”. The supposed crime committed by Dundee United is defending themselves and their promotion in the Court of Session and being asked to pay £50,000 for the privilege.

The thread posted this morning on JKB titled “Merging Clubs” highlights and reinforces the prevailing sense of entitlement amongst posters on the site, perhaps representative of the wider Hearts support. The assertion from Space Pirate that there are “far too many wee diddy clubs” and that clubs should merge underlines the contempt in which other clubs in Scotland are held.

As it stands, the hugely successful Foundation of Hearts brings circa £2M into the club each year from fans and it has been revealed that James Anderson has acted as a benefactor over recent times. During this time, Hearts have spent £17M on a main stand within Tynecastle and this is yet to be fully completed. During the recent Court of Session case, various figures of compensation have been raised and noted, both on JKB and within the Scottish media. It has been suggested that Hearts are seeking compensation and damages in the region of £8M.

Following on from the Court of Session hearing, Hearts supporters are seemingly painting the club, and Ann Budge in particular, as champions of justice, noting that there is a crucial role to be played in fighting corruption. Indeed, it has been suggested that Ann Budge previously stepped down from her role on the SPFL Board as she wanted to challenge the corruption that she saw. Reporting of the matter would seem to indicate otherwise - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-chairwoman-ann-budge-voted-spfl-board-583624

Throughout this process since March, there has been much play with regards to revisionism. The term relegated has been replaced with expelled, for instance. Interestingly, manager Daniel Stendal’s contract reputably had a clause allowing it’s termination in the event of relegation, as confirmed by both Ann Budge and Daniel Stendal. This clause was enacted. The tone and portrayal of Ann Budge has shifted too. Compare the descriptions with regards to her perceived leadership skills that were expressed on JKB during January and February to now.

Before Hearts continue to fall further down the rabbit hole of blaming other people, clubs and institutions, perhaps the blame needs to lie closer to home.

Shite. 

For starters we are quite aware why we were bottom, there is no delusion on that. 

We we deservedly bottom, however after 30 games of 38 games no one deserves to be relegated. 

All Clubs had not played the same fixtures either, making it more unfair. 

For example we'd been twice to St mirren, they only one to us. 

St mirren still had the OF to play before the split. 

Also, the 4 games won thing, one was against St mirren and one against hibs. 3/4 of our wins all season, we could quite have easily won more games. 

If football was that easy, why not play 1 round, call it then x4. You know the answer to that. 

The split also exists for a reason. 

Ross County were also in the poorest form, had that been replicated for the remainder , we wouldn't have went down. 

St mirren were bottom last season and got out of it from our position. 

So from a sporting point, no we did not deserve to be relegated. 

If 33 games had been played that argument may be more plausible as at least every club would have played the sames fixtures, at 30 games that argument is blown apart, it is simply not fair from a sporting point of view. It's difficult to see how you can say that with any authority. 

Whether we spent 10p or £100m it does not matter, we are seeking compensation for being expelled from the league, expelled is the correct term as by the SPFLs own rules, promotion, titles an relegation are based on the final standings after 38 games. 

Clubs voted to expel 3 teams and stop any possible promotion for 2.

That was not done for sporting merit. 

It was done to protect TV money, get teams with bigger crowds (Forfar said that) and unbelievably to save petrol money ( s Albion). 

Nothing to do with sporting merit, to pretend it is is insulting. 

The voting process was farcical. 

No one wants sympathy, tell you what, keep the leagues as the were pre covid , let's have no promotion and we can all pretend to feel sorry for Utd, cove, Raith. 

Why not? 

You don't mention the injustice to Partick, Stranraer or the non league clubs that have been effected. 

Most of all you fail to acknowledge that there is another solution that would have mitigated the fall out of Covid and not overly burdened 3 clubs and hampered 2.

A fair solution. 

Again, sporting merit has had nothing to do with any of these outcomes, so you should really not pretend otherwise. 

Financial and huge self interest from clubs was the reasons for how this ended up and now Hearts and Partick are doing the same, if fans feel bitter then that is fair, but remember sporting merit has long since left the  building  and right at the start in the absence of completing the fixtures there was league reconstruction that could have ended this months ago. 

You, like the press are making it us v other clubs, it's a shite narrative that is overly simple and excuses Doncaster and the board for doing almost everything wrong from the beginning. 

Why not hold the spfl responsible? 

The fixtures could also have been played behind closed doors., that much is clear now. 

From a personal point of view, I couldn't care less if teams go into admin, I will stop short at wanting them to go into admin, but clubs were happy to stop all possible promotions from the lower leagues, put Partick into part time oblivion and happy for us to take our medicine. Well - **** them and tbh **** you too. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

50 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:

In order to set a few points correct with regards to things I posted earlier.

Obviously, I don’t support Hearts, nor do I have a vested interest in the SPFL. I follow my local club, Bonnyrigg Rose.

No, I’m not a journalist or being paid or asked to post.

To be frank, I felt compelled to post on the basis I genuinely believe that the bigger picture is being missed here by supporters of Hearts on here in the dash to lay blame at everyone else’s door. 

You sound like a dodgy police detective who would gladly and willfully put an innocent person behind bars because it would help the public rest more easily - which I suppose you would consider the bigger picture?

Although it may seem inconvenient, it is simply a matter of right versus wrong. It is that simple!

2 hours ago, Billybuffjaw said:

She's also on record as saying there are far too many clubs in Scotland. I'm playing Devils advocate btw and I don't think there's a Hearts fan out there who genuinely believes Budge would have voted for recon if we weren't bottom.

Edit: I'm not taking the bait.

Edited by graygo

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Billybuffjaw said:

I agree we deserved our chance to save ourselves on the field of play, can you tell me how that was in any way possible?

They could have played out the rest of the season, behind closed doors, as others have done. There are costs involved, but maybe not as much as has happened from the desire to give Celtic the title as immediately demanded by Lennon and Brown, and, no doubt, the real power behind the SPFL. 

Think of all the money that's being paid back to the broadcasters. A delayed start to a new season, to accommodate playing out this season, may not have resulted in that many more, if any, games played with no spectators. So maybe not the same financial hit.

But that would have meant Ross County, St Mirren and Hamilton having to play for safety, instead of just being handed it. It would also have meant Brechin City having to earn keeping their place in the league, thus protecting their chairman's place on the SPFL board.

It was too convenient, for too many people, to just stop the season and have others take the full hit.

1 hour ago, firsttimecaller said:

Obviously, I don’t support Hearts, nor do I have a vested interest in the SPFL. I follow my local club, Bonnyrigg Rose.

To be frank, I felt compelled to post on the basis I genuinely believe that the bigger picture is being missed here by supporters of Hearts on here in the dash to lay blame at everyone else’s door. 

Yeh ok then ya slavering tool 

I won’t quote Smith’s right boot, simply due to length (which was necessary) of the post. But I WILL say: “Bravo! Absolutely agree with your analysis.”

There was an opportunity for the SPFL to do the “least harm” but for whatever reason (from simple short-sightedness and lack of leadership all the way to corruption) they didn’t.

Edited by Gilamas

21 minutes ago, jackal said:

@firsttimecaller

So what was your reaction to The Rose being rejected initially for the SFA licence and no entry into the Lowland league. Would you have just accepted that you would spend another season in EoS .

@firsttimecaller frantically researching.....

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

****ing Hypocrite. 

To be fair, Bonnyrigg are a well run local junior team. He is however a hypocrite you're right

They've had their issues too albeit with the SFA around floodlights https://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/politics/lothian-msp-hits-out-sfas-bonnyrigg-rose-decision-1417137

Strangely for our new guest there was great degree of sympathy for his team and as a result of a huge fund raising effort, supported by a number if Jambos that I know as well as fans of other senior and junior clubs, the SFA relented in light of an appeal by the Rose. That was less than a year ago. Perhaps that is outwith the memory capacity of our new guest

Bonnyrigg Rose denied promotion to Lowland League as bid for SFA licence is rejected

renderTimingPixel.png

2 Comments
SaveHideReport

100% Upvoted

This thread is archived
New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast
SORT BY
BEST

level 1
Heart of Midlothian 18 points·1 year ago

Huge shame. To think the difference between promotion and relegation doesn't come down to a full season plus a playoff, but to floodlights.

level 1
Celtic 16 points·1 year ago

It would really be peak SFA incompetence if this meant that Whitehill Welfare - a team which finished bottom and doesn't have floodlights - ends up staying in the Lowland League.

Shocking for Bonnyrigg especially as they are installing lights in the summer and three Lowland League clubs don't have floodlights. But also for clubs like Haddington, St Andrews, and Tranent who have all invested in their facilities, paid their application fee only to have the SFA change the criteria in December when these clubs were going through the licensing process.

On a more positive note, well done to the five who have been accepted - brings the number of full SFA members up to 94: Blackburn United, Broxburn Athletic, Easthouses Lily, Hill of Beath Hawthorn, and Penicuik Athletic.

4 hours ago, firsttimecaller said:

I'm aware this is an essay, but nevermind!

It’s come to the point where I feel I can’t stand by any more. A reality check needs to kick-in at some point here.

At the time when the league was suspended, Hearts were bottom. They were beaten 1-0 by St Mirren in a game which the vast majority of Hearts supporters, and everyone else, had labelled as “must win”. Hearts didn’t win this game, and were therefore four points adrift at the bottom of the table with eight games to play. Hearts had won four games all season. The performance at St Mirren was described variously as “meek”, “insipid” and “lacking threat”. Hearts nearest rivals for relegation were unbeaten in their last five home matches and had kept clean sheets in four of those.

Hearts supporters shared the view that, from a sporting point of view, they were the worst team in the league. On 14th March, under the title of “At What point Did You Think Our Season Was Doomed?”, various posters on JKB acknowledged how poor Hearts were. Saughton Jambo, who has recently been noticeably vocal around fairness with regards to the Court of Session case, pointed out “This is worse than the 80-81 season [when Hearts were relegated]. We had an excuse back then... we don’t now”. Stan pointed out that “Going 3 down to Killie after the break … was the last chance to turn the corner and finish the season well”. Famous 1874 said that “It’s hard to say when we were doomed as we’ve been s***e all season bar a handful of results”. In a poll on the 14th March on JKB, 12.8% of Hearts own fans acknowledged that they deserved to be relegated.

From a sporting perspective, Hearts were the worst football team in the league. In the match thread following the St Mirren defeat, the overall mood was disappointment and acknowledgment of how poor a team they were. In that match thread, Fozzyonthefence noted prior to the defeat “Lose on Wednesday and we’re down.  I think you’re the only person on here that doesn’t think that” in response to a poster suggesting they could stay up. JimmyCant pointed out that “We’ve got 5 key games left … We’ll need to win 4 out of those 5. That’s becoming a big ask the more you look at it.” Bear in mind, this is a Hearts team that had won four times all season.

On sporting merit, Hearts deserved to be relegated.

There is also the worrying trend emerging around Hearts supporters expressly hoping for negative outcomes for other clubs whilst at the same time becoming noticeably vocal around the concept of fairness. There is the startling example of the post on the aforementioned St Mirren matchday thread of a poster highlighting how funny it would be to beat St Mirren, sending them bottom, and then for the season to be called due to COVID19. I’m fairly certain the poster in question has had this particular post copy/pasted several times, and so I’ll spare them the reminder of it. This schadenfreude has now been replaced by hoping that other clubs go into administration, seemingly based on the assumption that they “voted against Hearts” in order to relegate them.

Throughout various threads, numerous assertions have been made as to which clubs people would like to go into administration. The thread titled “Administration” from 26th June notes that some fans believe that “quite a few” will suffer this fate and that Hearts should “Get that interdict served ASAP”. Amongst others, Dundee, Hibs, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Albion Rovers are all named as clubs that posters hope enter administration, a process which results in numerous job losses and can end in financial hardship for ordinary employees. It’s noteworthy that several of these clubs were Hearts rivals within the bottom six of the league.Thank goodness for the few comments of common sense on such matters, notably Sassenach, who said “I've suffered admin events … It's horrible, and I wouldn't wish it on any fellow football fans”. Some things surely transcend sport.

The matter of finance also comes into play in issue. Hearts suffered a previous administration event, ultimately leading to their relegation in the 2010s. This was caused largely by financial mismanagement. Within their list of creditors, Hearts included fellow football clubs Ayr United, Livingston, Musselburgh Athletic, Stenhousemuir and Rangers. They also owed monies to a variety of public bodies, including the City of Edinburgh Council, Scottish Water and Scottish Police Authority. There are no winners in administration events. Supporter boycotts of all clubs who voted against Hearts league reconstruction proposals have been widely mentioned online.

To a significant extent, supporters of other clubs (the Pie & Bovril forum is a marker of this) do sympathise with the situation in which Hearts currently find themselves, but many have expressed a significant distaste for the sense of entitlement being displayed. Under the JKB thread of “Wigan Go Into Administration”, posters note that there may be “decent freebies to be had” and that this is “karma for Webstergate”. The irony and understanding of the concept of karma and justice for perceived previous wrongdoings is an interesting one.

Similarly, the suggestion that Dundee United are a target of Hearts fans’ dislike appears to be an interesting perspective. Taken from the thread last week on JKB  “I Used To Post On Here About Liking Dundee Utd”, Salad Fingers notes that he/she “recently developed a strong hatred of them and their fans”. The supposed crime committed by Dundee United is defending themselves and their promotion in the Court of Session and being asked to pay £50,000 for the privilege.

The thread posted this morning on JKB titled “Merging Clubs” highlights and reinforces the prevailing sense of entitlement amongst posters on the site, perhaps representative of the wider Hearts support. The assertion from Space Pirate that there are “far too many wee diddy clubs” and that clubs should merge underlines the contempt in which other clubs in Scotland are held.

As it stands, the hugely successful Foundation of Hearts brings circa £2M into the club each year from fans and it has been revealed that James Anderson has acted as a benefactor over recent times. During this time, Hearts have spent £17M on a main stand within Tynecastle and this is yet to be fully completed. During the recent Court of Session case, various figures of compensation have been raised and noted, both on JKB and within the Scottish media. It has been suggested that Hearts are seeking compensation and damages in the region of £8M.

Following on from the Court of Session hearing, Hearts supporters are seemingly painting the club, and Ann Budge in particular, as champions of justice, noting that there is a crucial role to be played in fighting corruption. Indeed, it has been suggested that Ann Budge previously stepped down from her role on the SPFL Board as she wanted to challenge the corruption that she saw. Reporting of the matter would seem to indicate otherwise - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-chairwoman-ann-budge-voted-spfl-board-583624

Throughout this process since March, there has been much play with regards to revisionism. The term relegated has been replaced with expelled, for instance. Interestingly, manager Daniel Stendal’s contract reputably had a clause allowing it’s termination in the event of relegation, as confirmed by both Ann Budge and Daniel Stendal. This clause was enacted. The tone and portrayal of Ann Budge has shifted too. Compare the descriptions with regards to her perceived leadership skills that were expressed on JKB during January and February to now.

Before Hearts continue to fall further down the rabbit hole of blaming other people, clubs and institutions, perhaps the blame needs to lie closer to home.

You're right about one thing mate, it's definitely an essay.??.... and p1sh.......!

Brave Hearts
2 hours ago, Billybuffjaw said:

She's also on record as saying there are far too many clubs in Scotland. I'm playing Devils advocate btw and I don't think there's a Hearts fan out there who genuinely believes Budge would have voted for recon if we weren't bottom.

I believe she would have voted for reconciliation in these circumstances 

19 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I was sure that the SPFL  QC said they have it going by Monday (today) when asked by LC. Now if it is going to take 10 days that takes it past the time set aside by LC and the CoS does it not?

SPFL will kick this can down the road as they have done for the last 3 months

Not convened MM, but the process could start from today.

The time is ticking already otherwise one or two folk may find themselves in contempt.

Wasn't the Bonnyrigg Rose floodlights position farcical because the football authorities changed their rules part way through the season...

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

I believe she would have voted for reconciliation in these circumstances 

100% she would have, if anything she is fair an balanced. I can't see how anyone can argue otherwise, maybe too fair and balanced for football.

William H. Bonney

The truth is no one can guarantee what Ann budge would have done. It’s like saying I would definitely have saved those occupants in the burning building. 
If we were 11th, our situation would be entirely different and our needs may not have been the same. 
I agree that budge appears to be an honourable person and most likely would have not only supported reconstruction but spearheaded it too. 
like she is now, for not only the benefit of hearts, but Scottish football as a whole. 
The sad fact is too many clubs perceive her actions as self interest. They can’t and won’t see the bigger picture. 
It’s a sad indictment of Scottish football that we are where we are. 

Staying as I do in Penicuik nowadays, I find that most people involved with Penicuik Athletic also have an interest in an SPFL club. Would love to know who your SPFL club are @firsttimecaller?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Staying as I do in Penicuik nowadays, I find that most people involved with Penicuik Athletic also have an interest in an SPFL club. Would love to know who your SPFL club are @firsttimecaller?

Not SPFL, Doncaster Rovers I believe

Heartsmad1874

November 28 seems to be a gap in the new fixture list, is this for internationals or possibly the weekend for Scottish Cup Semi’s? Be surprised if there is two international breaks in November as theres already one on the 14th.

John Findlay

One speaks with forked tongue.

Unlike you. We are not buttoned up the back.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Not SPFL, Doncaster Rovers I believe

I see what you did there... :D

Was more inclined to go with one of the abundance of glory hunting Tims that scuttle around Midlothian, however. Or the vermin perhaps. Either way, those were not the posts of someone who has no interest whatsoever in an SPFL club.

Lone Striker

Christ -  no need for any of us to  feel bad about spending hours trawling through pages of pish on here .... you've taken it to a whole new level by taking notes too  !! 

For the avoidance of doubt, the only people on here who are missing the  bigger picture  are undercover spies from other teams.

Thanks  for feeling compelled though.

Chuck Berry
48 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Bill Leckie and Keef Jackson should both be clubbed. Couple of absolute morons. 

I recall Leckie holding court in the Hangar Bar in Tbilisi before a Georgia v Scotland game, at 05.00, pished.  All he wanted to talk about was him, and his stories, and him, and him.   A complete an utter tool of a man.   Him and The S*n are well suited to one another.

59 minutes ago, Big Drew said:

Opinions are like rsholes - we've all got one eh? Shame you fell doon the stairs and hit your heid when you were wee!

This punter hasn't all his shite comes out his mouth.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I see what you did there... :D

Was more inclined to go with one of the abundance of glory hunting Tims that scuttle around Midlothian, however. Or the vermin perhaps. Either way, those were not the posts of someone who has no interest whatsoever in an SPFL club.

Not a Hibs fan, not their style. I do wonder why anyone would want to write here, other than trolling, that style

Neil Doncaster has hurt all of the clubs financially by pushing hard for the season to end prematurely. The clubs will pay the burden of the financial penalties from the broadcasters, the clubs will carry the weight of financial burden from the legal battle that is now ongoing.

I want to hear Doncaster answer just why it was so important to push through the vote. Why it was so important those votes that "didn't matter" were coerced into a yes.
Why he lied to the clubs about not receiving the Dundee vote, which "wasn't received" but now, apparently, was received.

Why didn't he advise the clubs of the financial penalties in relation to calling the season early.
Why he didn't act in the best interests of all of the clubs.

At what point was him picking up his massive bonus for brokering the TV deal a factor in his thinking.

Does the financial penalties suffered by the clubs impact upon his own bonus
Does he pay back his previous bonuses due to paying  back millions from the aborted season.

From where I am sitting all 42 clubs have suffered, Hearts and Partick and the 2 clubs denied the chance of promotion through the pyramid system, more than most though.

Everyone is paying the price of this idiots lack of leadership except it appears, Neil Doncaster, whose big payday remains intact

Oneneilberry

@firsttimecaller I take it you bucked the trend of most Bonnyrigg fans/committee in condemning the authorities on suspending promotion into the league via the pyramid system?

you would be in a group of one if you did ,I suppose someone has to stick up for the ‘sporting’ virtues of the SFA/SPFL

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He's just going all out to get a reaction  He's a journalist of some type and a snake.

Some type indeed, if his Match.com bio is correct he failed when he was studying to become a Journalist 🙈.  I like this bit on Wikipedia. 

FC96B89F-9122-46D6-ABF7-69B189A15C96.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Chuck Berry
41 minutes ago, jackal said:

@firsttimecaller

So what was your reaction to The Rose being rejected initially for the SFA licence and no entry into the Lowland league. Would you have just accepted that you would spend another season in EoS .

That was an incredibly unfair situation and Bonnyrigg rightly took the SFA to task, and they eventually won their case, other clubs affected by the late introduction of the floodlight rule weren't so lucky and had to wait another year (or more). An exception was made by the SFA and the LL so Bonnyrigg could get promoted.

I wonder if this "Rose" fan can see parallels.

Hagar the Horrible

Is there any word on the arbitration starting?  even getting the people?  and more so have the dodgy documents been sent or shredded?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully, it's been dealt with.

For what it's worth: I'm Barack Obama. Former President of the United States. I only post on here; as I don't have a vested interest in politics, nor do I on other club's matters. I have no ulterior motive or agenda. Except; highlighting issues that, to be frank, are being missed in the overall bigger picture by Hearts supporters on this forum.

Please believe this.

Now you put it that way, I think firsttimecaller is none other than the RealDonaldTrump 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully, it's been dealt with.

For what it's worth: I'm Barack Obama. Former President of the United States. I only post on here; as I don't have a vested interest in politics, nor do I on other club's matters. I have no ulterior motive or agenda. Except; highlighting issues that, to be frank, are being missed in the overall bigger picture by Hearts supporters on this forum.

Please believe this.

Perfectly reasonable to assume the guy is a BR fan. Clearly has an interest in an SPFL team too though. Would have been more likely to spark an interesting exchange of opinions had he just been honest about it and declared that though. 

If you are a Rose supporter as you claim how do you feel about Kelty being declared champions?

The committee at BRFC have made their feelings clear on it and were far from happy with the SPFL, you also had the decision to not allow them into the Lowland League due to not receiving their licence, if Bonnyrigg had let that go they would have been stuck in the East of Scotland League, they didn't, they challenged it and won.

There are a quite a few of us drink in the social club, our Hearts supporters bus leaves from there, I'm sure if you are genuinely a Rose fan you would be happy to amicably debate your points over a social distance pint when the club reopens?

13 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

November 28 seems to be a gap in the new fixture list, is this for internationals or possibly the weekend for Scottish Cup Semi’s? Be surprised if there is two international breaks in November as theres already one on the 14th.

Scottish Cup final? 

Edited by Mikey1874

"Bigger" picture ?

Why would any club accept being "relegated" by fellow clubs when the season still had 8 games to run,  when the season was ended early by their fellow clubs (which cost the clubs millions in any case in lost TV revenue). And all for what ? 

Why go down the route of ending the season early to pay clubs money the SPFL, in fact, never had available ?

Why not go down a route of "no harm" - recon - IF the SPFL insisted on there being  "winners" ? There was a solution to suit HMFC/PTFC/Stranraer* : why do people like you have a problem acknowledging that ? 

*AND keep the pyramid structure in place & functioning - or don'y they matter in the argument to focus solely on Hearts ? 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be good if they gave us clarity on dates set for Scottish Cup. They love the word clarity, but yet offer none

heatonjambo

Guys,

i understand we are quite rightly battering the rosebud from Bonnyrigg and smacking the SPFL for releasing the fixtures.

but as we move forward to the arbitration process, which is the key thing! Can someone please answer the following for me.

regarding the constant statements that the Sky tv deal is based on the requirement that we must have 4 old games.

i just don’t believe this is true for the following reasons:

1. When The rangers where stuffed, there was no change in the TV deal

2. How can we publicly state, to the EUFA, FIFA and the world that our tv deal is based on the fact that the league is fixed to ensure this number of games?

i honestly believe that this is PR media guff that’s stops any potential change to the league structure.

i mean how can we have a tv deal that member clubs not know what Are the requirements?

can someone confirm if there is any official confirmation of this 4 game requirement 

cheers

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

"Bigger" picture ?

Why would any club accept being "relegated" by fellow clubs when the season still had 8 games to run,  when the season was ended early by their fellow clubs (which cost the clubs millions in any case in lost TV revenue). And all for what ? 

Why go down the route of ending the season early to pay clubs money the SPFL, in fact, never had available ?

Why not go down a route of "no harm" - recon - IF the SPFL insisted on there being  "winners" ? There was a solution to suit HMFC/PTFC/Stranraer : why do people like you have a problem acknowledging that ? 

Don't give it oxygen!

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Neil Doncaster has hurt all of the clubs financially by pushing hard for the season to end prematurely. The clubs will pay the burden of the financial penalties from the broadcasters, the clubs will carry the weight of financial burden from the legal battle that is now ongoing.

I want to hear Doncaster answer just why it was so important to push through the vote. Why it was so important those votes that "didn't matter" were coerced into a yes.
Why he lied to the clubs about not receiving the Dundee vote, which "wasn't received" but now, apparently, was received.

Why didn't he advise the clubs of the financial penalties in relation to calling the season early.
Why he didn't act in the best interests of all of the clubs.

At what point was him picking up his massive bonus for brokering the TV deal a factor in his thinking.

Does the financial penalties suffered by the clubs impact upon his own bonus
Does he pay back his previous bonuses due to paying  back millions from the aborted season.

From where I am sitting all 42 clubs have suffered, Hearts and Partick and the 2 clubs denied the chance of promotion through the pyramid system, more than most though.

Everyone is paying the price of this idiots lack of leadership except it appears, Neil Doncaster, whose big payday remains intact

Yet not one Scottish sports "journalist" has him any of this, either directly or indirectly. It really makes you wonder how deep the cover up goes. It's an obvious line of inquiry as to why Scottish football has been irreparably damaged by a situation that had simple solutions to deal with fairly, and with cooperation, back in April. 

That man is being paid £400k+ a year, to have caused such chaos by his handling of the response to a global crisis. Or maybe he is just the front man. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, heatonjambo said:

Guys,

i understand we are quite rightly battering the rosebud from Bonnyrigg and smacking the SPFL for releasing the fixtures.

but as we move forward to the arbitration process, which is the key thing! Can someone please answer the following for me.

regarding the constant statements that the Sky tv deal is based on the requirement that we must have 4 old games.

i just don’t believe this is true for the following reasons:

1. When The rangers where stuffed, there was no change in the TV deal

2. How can we publicly state, to the EUFA, FIFA and the world that our tv deal is based on the fact that the league is fixed to ensure this number of games?

i honestly believe that this is PR media guff that’s stops any potential change to the league structure.

i mean how can we have a tv deal that member clubs not know what Are the requirements?

can someone confirm if there is any official confirmation of this 4 game requirement 

cheers

Will be provided to the commissioner gather documents I believe. Lord C was at pains to point out the court would be a safe place for commercially sensitive files.

Brave Hearts

i think the bigger picture is being missed here by people like you who cannot see that Scottish football is being run by a corrupt SPFL board especially Dungcaster and McLennan supported by McKenzie.

and that the blame for the current mess lies (appropriate double meaning use of the word) solely with the SPFL Board and the subservient chairmen.

football people like you need to wake up and see the full picture not the narrow view you wrote about in your essay.

You should go away and write an essay on the SPFL to get away from your parochial mindset.

gorgie rd eh11

The 1-0 defeat to St Mirren seems to be the only game that is talked about. Up until that game Hearts had lost 2 of the previous 11, one of them away to Celtic. In the 3 games prior to the St Mirren game we had a draw with Motherwell, a win over Rangers and humped Hibs at their place. The season was far from over.

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This punter hasn't all his shite comes out his mouth.

Whoever the dick is - he isn't even a punter Davy, just a blind and self-interested rse at the wind up. 

Interested Bystander

3 questions from an outsider.

1. What rule was broken by Dundee changing their vote?

2. What was wrong if Aberdeen were told their vote didn't matter? It didn't as there would still have been the required

Yes vote in the Premiership section had they voted No. The Dundee vote only affected the Championship section.

3. With proper training only being allowed by the Scottish Government last week, and the earliest BCD games can start is

August 1st, and with barely enough free dates available for the fixtures, when could the 19/10 season have been played 

to a finish?

4. Does anybody think Leslie Deans open letter threatening bankruptcy to the other SPFL clubs 2 days before the 14-10-10-10

vote helped your cause? 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )