SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Rogue Daddy

Surely the current SPFL board and ND will be jettisoned after/during all this. How can any of them survive this complete shambles. Incompetence of the highest order. 

Scottish Football is an embarrassment... clubs relegated and then being roundly castigated, bullied, threatened etc. just for standing up for themselves!

If this reaches court - which it should - they’ll have a field day with the SPFL imo. Their (SFA and other clubs and their ‘media mouthpieces’) behaviour in the last couple of days, will be frowned upon. 

Absolutely disgusting. 

FTH

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Kidd’s Boots
15 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

There was no loan to Gretna, SPFL/SPL were not one of Gretna’s creditors

Apologies, I may have conflated these 2 issues. I remember reading through posted accounts for the time and noticed 2 unsatisfied loans, and of course, 2+2= conspiracy!

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Surely teams won't vote for this. This takes away the whole point of a season for all the lower leagues?!

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

If this is true I think we're heading towards breakaway league territory. How many clubs would that negatively impact? Aye, let's just have 27 completely meaningless games at a time when we need fans more than ever. 

It would surely put another few million on our  claim. All this from a guy who earns more than £30k a month!

If someone deliberately set out to ruin Scottish football, they couldn't have hatched a series of events as ludicrous as this! 

7.45-8.10 lads.

We need to fight these bowling club wankers.

35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They appear to have the full text of the petition. Does anyone have a login for Follow Folllow?

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/petition-of-heart-of-midlothian-football-club-and-partick-thistle-full-text-downloadable.124310/

Ill try some avenues too but key areas appear to be:-

Essentially three grounds .....

1. Materially inaccurate representation provided by the Directors to clubs as the basis for the Good Friday vote.

"The Directors’ failure to so explain matters to Members constituted a breach of their duty to provide sufficient information to allow Members to make properly informed decisions when voting on the Written Resolution"

2. Under the rules, the original Dundee vote should have stood.

"In any event, in terms of article 185 of the Articles, it was deemed to have been delivered when it was sent. The Dundee Rejection Vote was executed and had effect when it was sent at 4.48pm on 10 April 2020."

3. "That the affairs of the Company have been and are being conducted in the circumstances set out above in a manner that is unfairly prejudicial to the interests of Members, including the petitioners."

14 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I've not heard about the event you're referring to, but it's a pity it's been scheduled at the same time as Sportsound.

👌

WorldChampions1902
25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Just watching the PLZ the now...

Roughie saying that Barry Ferguson (Kelty manager) has been told already that there will be no promotion next season.

This is why we need to give no ****s.

So the principle/precedent of no promotion next year (albeit in a lower league) has been established??  

This is a ‘must not lose’ case now.

Is anyone in mainstream media pushing the point that ALL THIS CAN STILL BE AVOIDED???

14 10 10 10 by Wed or we release the hounds.

We'll take 13 10 10 9, but that'd be shan on others and we'll happily hud their coats if they decide to lay into you.

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

So the principle/precedent of no promotion next year (albeit in a lower league) has been established??  

This is a ‘must not lose’ case now.

Video is at the top of this page mate.

1 hour ago, Anything2 said:

What would be hilarious is if the court said that relegation isn't allowed and we get reinstated. The 3 non promoted clubs then put forward a resolution to reconstruct the leagues and we vote against it saying it's time to draw a line under this whole affair and move on. 

I think my colon just fell out. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

23 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Dundee United, Raith and Cove havent sought very good advice if they've been told to issue statements about potential court cases that they may or may not have any relevence towards.

More tactical stupidity shown again by these amateur Rumpoles.

Agree with that. As far as I can remember demoting promoted teams back down a division wasn't  part of our claim.

18 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

One thing is becoming crystal clear.

Not a single one of them ever thought this was going to court and were blissfully unaware of the  damage being caused as they smugly voted no. They just assumed it would all now go away.

No wonder every rent a mouth is threatening us with their attempts at scaremongering.

Absolutely Correct.  Starting to wake up and smell the coffee now.

11 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Apologies, I may have conflated these 2 issues. I remember reading through posted accounts for the time and noticed 2 unsatisfied loans, and of course, 2+2= conspiracy!

Neil Doncaster said Gretna got a loan. 

But as you were told that has been disputed by the evidence of their liquidation papers. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Is anyone in mainstream media pushing the point that ALL THIS CAN STILL BE AVOIDED???

14 10 10 10 by Wed or we release the hounds.

We'll take 13 10 10 9, but that'd be shan on others and we'll happily hud their coats if they decide to lay into you.

Reconstruct the leagues 14, 10, 10, 10 is the only way to go, or its court!

highlandjambo3
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oooft, right clever folk pick oot the exciting bits please!!!

I was done after reading the first page ☺️

Ex member of the SaS
50 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Can someone post this as my virus checker won't open it.

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How is this in the public domain? 

aye who humbly sheweth it ?

16 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

If this is true I think we're heading towards breakaway league territory. How many clubs would that negatively impact? Aye, let's just have 27 completely meaningless games at a time when we need fans more than ever. 

It would surely put another few million on our  claim. All this from a guy who earns more than £30k a month!

If someone deliberately set out to ruin Scottish football, they couldn't have hatched a series of events as ludicrous as this! 

It could fatten up our compensation payout and then we should just finish 2nd to dundee for top WUM points. All the while clubs would be going down the tubes left, right and centre. 

14 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Surely the current SPFL board and ND will be jettisoned after/during all this. How can any of them survive this complete shambles. Incompetence of the highest order. 

Scottish Football is an embarrassment... clubs relegated and then being roundly castigated, bullied, threatened etc. just for standing up for themselves!

If this reaches court - which it should - they’ll have a field day with the SPFL imo. Their (SFA and other clubs and their ‘media mouthpieces’) behaviour in the last couple of days, will be frowned upon. 

Absolutely disgusting. 

FTH

Another comment from Tom English that the SPFL said no bullying took place..

You can't get more bullying or threatening than saying to a member who believes you have been harshly treated and challenge us we will throw you out.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can someone post this as my virus checker won't open it.

Not loading for me mate.

20 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Surely teams won't vote for this. This takes away the whole point of a season for all the lower leagues?!

The lower league clubs have zero ambition except survival, this takes away the threat of relegation.

Promotion? Whatever!

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I was done after reading the first page ☺️

Me too!

Hey, at least we tried, right!!

FOOTBALL CLUB
GENERIC CREST

Published: 19th June 2020

On Wednesday Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers were served with a petition lodged in the Court of Session by fellow SPFL member clubs, Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle, which, if successful, could prevent our clubs’ promotions, and potentially have catastrophic financial implications for every SPFL member club as well.  

Whilst we are extremely unhappy that we have been drawn into this legal action, we can confirm that we immediately instructed external lawyers to act on our behalf and to protect our clubs’ interests. Since the SPFL resolution was passed by 81% of member clubs on 15th April 2020, which confirmed us all as title winners who were to be promoted, we have undertaken extensive and costly preparations for a new season in new leagues, including obtaining major financial commitments from our supporters, business partners and stakeholders. Our removal from those leagues would be ruinous on and off the field.

We have each had a highly successful season, brought to a premature end by something bigger than our clubs and bigger than our sport.  Our status as champions of our respective leagues is not being contested, and nor should the promotion which has always, and should always, come with it.

The legal action that has been raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle not only threatens the financial stability of the SPFL, but also its individual member clubs.

For all of these reasons, we must and will robustly defend our position.

As legal proceedings are now underway, we intend to make no further comment on the matter at this time.

Back To News
Share This Story

DUFC Newsletter

SectionDJambo

This just gets better for our case. Secretive moves afoot to cancel promotion for the upcoming season, the reason being cooked up, that it’s because some clubs can’t afford to play a full season. This, on top of trying to dump Hearts and Partick into this quagmire of clubs who have no plan of how or when they might start playing again. Why can’t there be relegation from the Premiership, who plan to play a full programme?

How on earth do the SPFL board, and those clubs of a mind to try something like this, plan to get that past any legal challenge? We would reasonably assume that the Hearts and Thistle legal people will specifically ask for confirmation that promotions will take place, if we end up in our respective lower leagues.
As for the talk of legal action by Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers. Who are they planning on taking this action against? Can’t be Hearts or Thistle. We both voted for reconstruction, which would have provided space for them.

If we win our reinstatements to the Premiership and Championship, respectively, it will need to be against the SPFL and the clubs who voted against reconstruction. That seems to include those 3 clubs. So are they proposing taking legal action against themselves?

Bazzas right boot

If the no promotion thing is real then effectively 40 clubs are playing for nothing. 

Hopefully we can find proof, it could double our claim. 

Is any other league considering such nonsense? 

Is Scotland manages to arse up two seasons over this then I might just quit watching football in this country. 

It's a cartel run by wannabea gangsters. 

There is a simple solution to end all this.

Always has been

Why it has gotten this far is beyond me. 

It's just scunnering me from football. 

Imagine being a young supporter of Scottish football right now. 

It's very exciting n' all but not why I follow football. 

Say you're 10 /12 ish in age. 

****ing joke, no wonder more kids just pick a Epl or Spanish side and watch it on TV. 

Imagine your father explaining this, you'd just switch off and watch the TV games. 

All this shite or watch Messi?

Hard choice for any young ones. 

It’s not the act of what they did to us anymore. It’s the neck of these ***** to be squealing about us defending ourselves adversely affecting them. The arrogance and dismissal they showed to us when we tried to reason with them, and all we got back was:

”accept your medicine” etc... 

Well bend over you vindictive wankers, because it’s now coming back around, and it’s only gained velocity since you first hurled it towards us. Might want to acquire some lube, because it’s moving at a fair old rate now.

3 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

It could fatten up our compensation payout and then we should just finish 2nd to dundee for top WUM points. All the while clubs would be going down the tubes left, right and centre. 

Ooooooorrr....

We win our case to play in Prem, no relegation agreed and we intentionally* come bottom for shits and giggles. Play Ann in goals.

(*we're also capable of doing this by mistake)

WorldChampions1902
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Video is at the top of this page mate.

Thanks for posting. I cannot get the link to work. Will need to google it.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Can you learn to copy just text alone and not an entire webpage Mikey?

:laugh2: basically posted their entire shitty website. 

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

There was no loan to Gretna, SPFL/SPL were not one of Gretna’s creditors

Also, gretna ceased to exist years before ann was on the scene

If it is true that there will be no promotion for non league clubs next season then it’s a crying shame that Kelty and Brora couldn’t get some bro-bono lawyer to fight their corner.

It is nothing short of scandalous that they’ve been kicked in the teeth this season and could potentially be barred from promotion next season. The whole system, the sfa, the spfl and their media chums absolutely stinks. It’s an utter disgrace. 

Thought Police
14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How is this in the public domain? 

It’s a public document, to be served on the walls of court. Anyone can see it.

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

If the no promotion thing is real then effectively 40 clubs are playing for nothing. 

Hopefully we can find proof, it could double our claim. 

Is any other league considering such nonsense? 

Is Scotland manages to arse up two seasons over this then I might just quit watching football in this country. 

It's a cartel run by wannabea gangsters. 

There is a simple solution to end all this.

Always has been

Why it has gotten this far is beyond me. 

It's just scunnering me from football. 

Imagine being a young supporter of Scottish football right now. 

It's very exciting n' all but not why I follow football. 

Say you're 10 /12 ish in age. 

****ing joke, no wonder more kids just pick a Epl or Spanish side and watch it on TV. 

Imagine your father explaining this, you'd just switch off and watch the TV games. 

All this shite or watch Messi?

Hard choice for any young ones. 

I'm getting really hacked off with it too. Not just up here, but even the EPL can't give a clear goal in the first game back despite Hawkeye, VAR and four officials (yes I'm a Blades fan too!)

Scottish football is beyond boring now and like you say, it's very difficult to get kids interested! 

hibsarepants
23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Have now read this - no wonder DUFC , RRFC AND Cove are in panic - this is basically and correctly requesting that the remedy take place by having NO promotion or relegation.  The whole document is a damming indictment of the SPFL management. In a normal company the Board particularly the CEO & Chair would already be gone.  In summary the SPFL picked the wrong people to have a fight with , the petition lays bare the incompetence of the SPFL Exec/Board.

Edited by hibsarepants

highlandjambo3

Dundee Utd and Co can go pap shit at the moon........did hearts not state they were not challenging promotions?  

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Dundee Utd and Co can go pap shit at the moon........did hearts not state they were not challenging promotions?  

No they stated they were not challenging league winners, or similar  

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If it is true that there will be no promotion for non league clubs next season then it’s a crying shame that Kelty and Brora couldn’t get some bro-bono lawyer to fight their corner.

It is nothing short of scandalous that they’ve been kicked in the teeth this season and could potentially be barred from promotion next season. The whole system, the sfa, the spfl and their media chums absolutely stinks. It’s an utter disgrace. 

They should have the SFA fighting their corner.

I really hope Dundee Hibs die. The absolute brass neck on them, they weren't Champions when the season ended, they were guaranteed a play off spot. We weren't relegated when the season ended and they also voted against reconstruction and to end the season. They are utter scum. Where's that wee Tangerine arse piece that was on here a while back. I'm so glad I abused him senseless, horrible feckin cretinous shithole club. :laugh2: 

Captain Canada
5 minutes ago, hibsarepants said:

Have now read this - no wonder DUFC , RRFC AND Cove are in panic - this is basically and correctly requesting that the remedy take place by having NO promotion or relegation.  The whole document is a damming indictment of the SPFL management. In a normal company the Board particularly the DEO & Chair would already be gone.  In summary the SPFL picked the wrong people to have a fight with , the petition lays bare the incompetence of the SPFL Exec/Board.

Does any team stand to lose from 14-10-10-10? 

I'd love to know what Sky are thinking about all this and the fact their first payment could go on legal costs and compensation while some teams disappear altogether.

ND needs to force through what's right and leave his position. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

It’s a public document, to be served on the walls of court. Anyone can see it.

Okay that's cool I got a bit panicky that someone might have released it prematurely. The fifth column is every where. Loose lips cost ships and all that! 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )