SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

We may not have a choice if they kick us out. I'd be all for joining the English League. We're bigger than most of the clubs there up to top few of the Championship so would quickly climb the ranks. **** Scottish football. Sick of it.

It won't happen, but imagine if we got kicked out, applied to the English system and then ended up in the championship 6 years later. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

This is farcical in so many ways. Where's the leadership to force through a 14-10-10-10 and stop the whole SPFL from imploding? 

Someone needs to seriously step up now if total carnage is going to be avoided. If ND can't or won't do it, someone needs to take the reins. 

This was all so easily avoidable but it's seriously crazy now how it's playing out. I've no idea what clubs like Utd thought would happen if they rejected reconstruction. Unbelievable! 

Yip. 

It's complete carnage. 

Just waiting for the yes supporting clubs to say they won't pay any compensation and the burden should be on the no voting and are taking legal advice on that. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

13 minutes ago, dallan said:

I might have missed something but what have served the three promoted clubs for, what are we asking them to do...

We're challenging the part of the Resolution that relegated us. 

Under a 12 team league if we aren't relegated then Dundee United stay in the Championship. 

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, OTT said:

To think this all could have been avoided if the rest of the clubs agreed that no club should have been penalised by Covid-19...

Beat me too it. The sensible thing would be to go back to the clubs and say we must play with a 14/10/10/10 and review the situation after a couple of years if necessary. I say 'would' because there's absolutely no chance of this bunch of half-wits doing anything sensible.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, what a ****ing joke. 

Saw a Scottish football account say after United, Cove Rangers and Raiths announcement, the SPFL in the original vote choose to go for simple over fair. 

4 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

We may not have a choice if they kick us out. I'd be all for joining the English League. We're bigger than most of the clubs there up to top few of the Championship so would quickly climb the ranks. **** Scottish football. Sick of it.

The English Leagues even worse for greed and self interest than the Scotland. The grass definitely isn't greener on the other side. Look what they did to Bury, zero ****s given. 

I'd prefer Sweden or Norway personally. Summer football and far more civilised nations with better looking burds. 🤷

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'll summarise. 

Roond ye Jackson ya fud faced wankpiece and up ye Ralston ya gerbil faced turd.

Ah Jonno as ever to the point and accurate. Why use 1500 words when 15 are better. :rofl:

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

To think this all could have been avoided if the rest of the clubs agreed that no club should have been penalised by Covid-19...

Or the Board lead that narrative from the start. But personal hatred got in the way. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ah Jonno as ever to the point and accurate. Why use 1500 words when 15 are better. :rofl:

I think Dave Mac is missing a trick by not publishing Jonno as kickbacks poet laureate tbh. 

10 minutes ago, biffa12 said:

SFA action against these three too for going to Court or is that Just reserved for big bad HMFC and Patrick.  You cannot make this up....

Well exactly.

Daily Record tomorrow will presumably carry the threat of expulsion.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, rory78 said:

IF Hearts were given an option to LEAVE Scottish football i wonder the consensus on here? why would ANYONE want to stay in a cesspit only interested in usually 2 teams but really 1 - with basically every team hating us worse than Rangers and media putting the boot in at every opportunity it really is shocking,all because we didn't think we should be relegated with 8 games to go 🤬 

We're scottish, we don't belong anywhere else, even if we're in the huff.

It'll never have my support, and I couldn't care less if they all hate us.

20 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Aw bless, shit just got real for Raith.

Well tough shit ya plums.

For the good of Scottish football, time to pull together, move on, and take your medicine.

What would their case be, we think it's unfair that we didn't artificially get awarded a promotion that we didn't earn? 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Saw a Scottish football account say after United, Cove Rangers and Raiths announcement, the SPFL in the original vote choose to go for simple over fair. 

Cracking

Radio Ga Ga

I wonder if the three ‘promoted’ clubs have been tipped the wink that Hearts & PT have a very strong case and they’ve a hat themselves?

Edited by Radio Ga Ga
Spelling

The Natural Order

As an aside I hope Anne Budge is noticing the difference between her nicey nicey friendly vision for Hearts and the current feeling among the club and fans. The feeling of a truly big club with the weight of huge support and history behind it. For the first time in years we're feeling and acting like one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

upgotheheads

There's Zero chance that they will kick us out of the league. The first thing that would happen is that Sky would tell them that the contract is torn-up, due to a material change, and here's our new offer. The Hearts games against the Arse cheeks and H1b5, at Tynecastle especially with it's atmosphere, are worth a lot of money.

11 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

This is farcical in so many ways. Where's the leadership to force through a 14-10-10-10 and stop the whole SPFL from imploding? 

Someone needs to seriously step up now if total carnage is going to be avoided. If ND can't or won't do it, someone needs to take the reins. 

This was all so easily avoidable but it's seriously crazy now how it's playing out. I've no idea what clubs like Utd thought would happen if they rejected reconstruction. Unbelievable

Exactly.

Hearts: If reconstruction fails we'll have to consider legal redress.

The clubs: Stick reconstruction up your hoop.

Hearts: We're taking legal action.

The clubs:

tumblr_inline_nrtyalQDWl1qafrh6_400.gifv

20 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

In all 4 leagues the championship was awarded not won. In 3 of these leagues you probably wouldn't have bet against the champions awarded their title, Raith Rovers though what a cheek complaining Falkirk must be raging.

Anyway these teams were part of the 81 percent so **** them.

Exactly, funny how they felt that Raith getting promoted was for the good of the game but Falkirk also getting promoted would be bad. 

Not only the 'promoted' teams but clubs seem to think they are entitled to profit from what happened.    Reference the likes of Ross County who want to use reconstruction to have a relegation free season.    

The court will decide what's fair or will award compensation if it's due.    

Bazzas right boot

Dream team hasn't got anything on this. 

Just a shame their is no Linda's about. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

This is better than any TV show. I have spent hours every day for the last how many weeks on this thread. Highs lows, tears, laughter and just about time for shock and awe (as hearts and minds didnt have any impact). 

I have no cares for other teams other than the four affected by the farcical vote on Good Friday. Utd, Raith and Cove can get to feck. 

The SPFL have to act on reconstruction otherwise there will be at least two lots of court cases to be heard. An absolute shambles of an organisation with no leadership or organisation. 

The four, Carl? Quite a number of clubs were adversely affected, namely those who mathematically could have improved their position regarding promotion/relegation by the end of the season (including those at or near the top of the feeder leagues). Most of them unfortunately sucked it up though, admittedly, leaving it to those who were the most adversely affected to do the protesting.

But if you're talking about those four clubs who happened to be bottom of the respective leagues when they were prematurely ended, don't forget how Brechin managed to avoid having to play a play-off.

Hope you're doing well, by the way. Haven't seen you around in a wee while. :thumb:

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

She was a right sort 

4 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

What would their case be, we think it's unfair that we didn't artificially get awarded a promotion that we didn't earn? 

No idea, but they'd be going to court to complain about a recent court judgment.

Good luck with that!

1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I wonder if the three ‘promoted’ clubs have been tipped the wink that Hearts & PT have a very strong case and they’ve a hat themselves?

Sounds to me with that statement that 14-10-10-10 could be rolled out again for a vote.

3 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I think our petition has been very clever. We've clamped the ****ers. 

Bazzas right boot

What's the chances of the demoted teams being reinstated. 

Then the now promoted clubs being awarded damages for what they've done financially since promotion in prep for promotion but then being kept down? 

Carl Fredrickson
Just now, redjambo said:

The four, Carl? Quite a number of clubs were adversely affected, namely those who mathematically could have improved their position regarding promotion/relegation by the end of the season (including those at or near the top of the feeder leagues). Most of them unfortunately sucked it up though, admittedly, leaving it to those who were the most adversely affected to do the protesting.

But if you're talking about those four clubs who happened to be bottom of the respective leagues when they were prematurely ended, don't forget how Brechin managed to avoid having to play a play-off.

Hope you're doing well, by the way. Haven't seen you around in a wee while. :thumb:

I did mean those that were relegated and Kelty and Brora.  The whole thing is a fecking state and SPFL must impose recon. 

Im grand (not sure if you know me or just not noticed I dont do much posting in the Terrace. The Shed has been a haven for most of this season but popped my head above the parapet on this thread)

Calling for us to be punished is simply just fear of what the court will decide.    If what's been done is fair and proper then the court will uphold it.    If the court decides something else then that will be the fair outcome.

These people have zero interest in fairness.    Only FEAR of what is ruled as fair.

hibsarepants
24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

One would have to assume that once the reply is back from the SPFL and reviewed by our QC and the Court that would decide if we are grabted and interdict.

So if the SPFL came back with a significant sum as settlement lets say for argument rather than keeping us in the league and we objected to that but the Court did not agree with us then we would have to accept it and play in the Championship with whatever compensation is on offer.

If however there is no offer that the Court agree with then I am sure we would then ask for the Interdict to be applied pending a settlement.

So really the pressure is on the SPFL to come back with what will seem to be a decent resolution in the Eyes of the Court.

That's a very interesting post which gets to the heart of the matter. How will the SPFL defend:

1. Roll over and force reconstruction - no court case

2. Offer compensation  - off to court , interdict unlikely

3. Brazen it out and say we did everything properly - Interim Interdict and court

An interdict is a nuclear option - but from experience when faced with a defendant who is not being realistic or reasonable - you have to employ it. As they say don't go to a gun fight carrying a knife.

Captain Canada

It could all go away on Monday morning by taking the one decision that will bring all court action to a halt. 

I've got a feeling that it will rumble on for some time yet though. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Surely if he wanted to reconstruct, he would have voted no to the original resolution and forced the SPFL to propose something better.

You would think so but then he seems to change his mind quite a lot.

Libertarian
16 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

This was all so easily avoidable but it's seriously crazy now how it's playing out. I've no idea what clubs like Utd thought would happen if they rejected reconstruction. Unbelievable! 

The lack of leadership from the SPFL is absolutely astonishing and unless they suddenly begin to show leadership then I believe we could be witnessing the end of the game on an organised level in Scotland. I have always been passionate about Scottish football but now would love to see Hearts apply to join the English league where I am absolutely sure we would prosper 

Then the now promoted clubs being awarded damages for what they've done financially since promotion in prep for promotion but then being kept down? 

That's basically null and void. Somehow Celtic win the title though. Perhaps this will allow Rangers to overturn that decision also which would be very :pleasing:

19 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

We would enter at tier 10. Just think about that for a while. After six promotions we would reach league 2. No thanks. 

One option.

Part of the proposed court action by the 'Promoted 3'.

bajthejambo
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We could have done with Karl Fletcher against St Mirren. We wouldn't be in this mess otherwise!

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Aye, those clubs who were telt in no uncertain terms by Doncaster....."Nae cash if you don't vote to make Celtic champions....eh sorry, mean't to say end the leagues!" 

Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

I did mean those that were relegated and Kelty and Brora.  The whole thing is a fecking state and SPFL must impose recon. 

Im grand (not sure if you know me or just not noticed I dont do much posting in the Terrace. The Shed has been a haven for most of this season but popped my head above the parapet on this thread)

Only know you on here, Carl, but great all the same to hear you're fine. :thumbsup:

If only there had been some sort of governing body or authority who could have seen the implications of all of this and had found a way themselves of getting a fair solution to all of this????? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I’m delighted some clubs tainted celebrations have been cut short and they are now seething.  Also if this does go in our favour surely it further underlined how tainted Celtic’s title is as well.  Brilliant.  

2 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

The lack of leadership from the SPFL is absolutely astonishing and unless they suddenly begin to show leadership then I believe we could be witnessing the end of the game on an organised level in Scotland. I have always been passionate about Scottish football but now would love to see Hearts apply to join the English league where I am absolutely sure we would prosper 

The game is over if youth set ups are ditched.

The best players will go elsewhere.

I know she’s had her hands full but isn’t it about time that Nicola stepped in and told Doncaster to sort it out before all of it reaches the courts?

The farce may be entertaining but it’s not  reflecting well on Scotland. 

What would be hilarious is if the court said that relegation isn't allowed and we get reinstated. The 3 non promoted clubs then put forward a resolution to reconstruct the leagues and we vote against it saying it's time to draw a line under this whole affair and move on. 

Carl Fredrickson
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Only know you on here, Carl, but great all the same to hear you're fine. :thumbsup:

:toasting:

15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Beat me too it. The sensible thing would be to go back to the clubs and say we must play with a 14/10/10/10 and review the situation after a couple of years if necessary. I say 'would' because there's absolutely no chance of this bunch of half-wits doing anything sensible.

13/10/10/9 has a much better chance of acceptance because league 2 clubs won’t feel threatened by Brora and Kelty.  Bottom two league are not starting until Jan so an 18 and 16 game league season would be fine for them plus two cups. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

We would enter at tier 10. Just think about that for a while. After six promotions we would reach league 2. No thanks. 

And we would have roughly the same standard of players as the other teams in each league we played in, so not exactly guaranteed to be promoted every season. No TV deals, shan revenue as well. Might take 20 years to reach League 2. Sounds amazing 🙄

Just now, Anything2 said:

What would be hilarious is if the court said that relegation isn't allowed and we get reinstated. The 3 non promoted clubs then put forward a resolution to reconstruct the leagues and we vote against it saying it's time to draw a line under this whole affair and move on. 

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, hibsarepants said:

That's a very interesting post which gets to the heart of the matter. How will the SPFL defend:

1. Roll over and force reconstruction - no court case

2. Offer compensation  - off to court , interdict unlikely

3. Brazen it out and say we did everything properly - Interim Interdict and court

An interdict is a nuclear option - but from experience when faced with a defendant who is not being realistic or reasonable - you have to employ it. As they say don't go to a gun fight carrying a knife.

I think they have shown part of their defence now by having a word with the three clubs that are now taking a counter action. But of course if a cash settlement is agreed then no change would happen to their plight and we will be in the Championship. The problem with this is that the 42 clubs will have to pay out and they won't want to do that either.

Kidd’s Boots

So, today seems to have brought about a mind focusing of certain Chairmen and CEO's to firstly read the position of Hearts and PT properly, and then ask the opinion of someone else outwith the SPFL Board and Exec, 'what does this mean and how will this affect me'. Well surprisingly, the advice you have previously received is less than accurate... oh dear, how sad!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jamborod said:

I know she’s had her hands full but isn’t it about time that Nicola stepped in and told Doncaster to sort it out before all of it reaches the courts?

The farce may be entertaining but it’s not  reflecting well on Scotland. 

No. 

The courts will decide. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )