SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Fine by me. As I said yesterday, oderint dum metuant

And I say today, obladee, oblada, life goes on.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Tommy Brown
19 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Not putting a damper on our case, we have a reasonable amount of clubs that could fit 14 top top flight and thus 10 lower in leagues.  22 does seem a bit of a circus amount.  I would like to think that the French leagues can sort something out to help cause no damage to the effected clubs.

Leagues 1&2 in England have 24 teams + play offs 

Throw in League 1 this season with 23 after ejecting Bury.

13 is not beyond realms of imagination.

One seaso only, two automatically relegated next year.

Edited by Tommy Brown

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Worth noting that since Hearts and Thistle lodged court papers this week, by this Monday at least 110 or so professional football matches will have taken place in over 10 countries, including England, Denmark, Sweden, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Switzerland, Russia, Spain, Italy and Germany. Not all of them the top rich leagues and many in countries worst hit by the virus.

in Scotland, we're not looking to play ANY until August at the earliest.

I'm sure any judge will agree the decision to end the league the way they did and when they did was extremely hasty. Clubs like D Utd who rushed to vote for that out of self interest can just reap what they sow and take their medicine.

This to me is one of the many things here that I just cannot understand.  Everyone else has done it

The SPFL if were in any way forward thinking should have taken the season break, restarted when they can and used it to examine the possibility of moving to a summer football model.  In Scotland our games get postponed, pitches ruined over the winter and our teams beaten by postmen in early rounds of Europe etc.  Make this an opportunity, make Scottish football appealing, make it profitable, make it different.

Dinosaur organisation and majority of clubs are run by arseholes that cant think of/consider new ideas 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Where is this chat about stopping promotions etc coming from? It states in the statement that we aren’t looking to do that? Is this coming from people thinking of a judge rules with us then it’ll force us to be reinstated rather than league reconstruction? I still think the end game in all of this is to force league reconstruction to right the wrong. May be wrong. 

That's not our problem now, if they want to reconstruct to include fairness and rightfulness that's their decision.  We are from the standpoint now that we were looking to reconstruct but they were not willing to compromise.  So we have to now look at it from a legal standpoint  that promotion and indeed relegation is concluded after 38 games and not 30. 

It's not for us to determine what's emotionally the right thing to do but the legal and just way.  We would if we could say let's not take away the promotions, let's just right the wrong about relegation.  That can't be argued unfortunately.  They left us no choice.

I could be wrong of course.  The club statement, the media outrage and whatever else comes about could be getting confused with no real clarification until next week.

58 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Dundee United voting against reconstruction and then being sent back to the Championship would be so funny I’d probably laugh my colon out.

:laugh: 

24 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The sportsound podast was the worth a listen for one line alone from Tom English.

'If Hearts are successful with their interdict, there is no going back and will be hated forever'

Or along those lines.

Tom English does realise we will hate everyone else more than they could ever hate us? 

A massive banner the length of the Wheatfield with the crests of the clubs who died because of our actions with a :rofl:emoji at the bottom would be :glorious:.

Bring on the hate and the boycotts. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Leagues 1&2 in England have 24 teams + play offs 

Throw in League 1 this season with 23 after ejecting Bury.

13 is not beyond realms of imagination.

One seaso only, two automatically relegated next year.

Of course. I am not against it.  Perhaps the french league are worried about european games  getting congested in with the 2 cups along with 21 league games.  They might work something out eventually.

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

worth noting that the three clubs who changed their mind and voted yes after being for no in the Good Friday vote have announce massive cuts in recent days. What does that mean? Who knows but it is fun to watch.

I do think we starting to see a snowball effect of cuts.

Good spot

54 minutes ago, whodanny said:

How about just the bit of the Roseburn where the opposition fans go. Medicine corner.

Should Hibs still be around and they come to play us do we then have to change the section to "Methadone Corner"?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Tom English does realise we will hate everyone else more than they could ever hate us? 

A massive banner the length of the Wheatfield with the crests of the clubs who died because of our actions with a :rofl:emoji at the bottom would be :glorious:.

Bring on the hate and the boycotts. 

I know. The other clubs deliberately drove a car right at us, Thistle and Stranraer, despite having plenty time and space to avoid hitting us.

Now they're complaining because doing that smashed their windscreen and it must be our fault.

Good to see people starting to realise that there should be no promotion for an incomplete season.  It’s the exact same as relegation - both are wrong and unfair. 

Clark Griswold

Who else is thinking there will be a lot more scuffles and pavement dancing when fans are allowed back into grounds? Make no mistake, we WILL be hated even more so than we were before all of this.

30 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The sportsound podast was the worth a listen for one line alone from Tom English.

'If Hearts are successful with their interdict, there is no going back and will be hated forever'

Or along those lines.

Help us challenge the Old Firm

Captain Canada
45 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Not only that, and this is the bit I can't get my head around, but the SPFL are now having to pay millions of pounds back to Sky/BT/the BBC. Surely that money could have been used to help clubs be able to play out the rest of the season? And then we wouldn't be in this mess at all!

Very good point! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Dundee United voting against reconstruction and then being sent back to the Championship would be so funny I’d probably laugh my colon out.

:jjockio:

1 hour ago, kila said:

What a shame.

That friendly with Celtic will come too late for them.

Celtic now offering to play the friendly behind closed doors, if that helps😂😂

6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Good to see people starting to realise that there should be no promotion for an incomplete season.  It’s the exact same as relegation - both are wrong and unfair. 

I’d still have preferred reconstruction. I’d love hearts to get reinstated and if United stay in the championship then **** them. 

Have to say, even if we don’t win our case, at least we fought to right an obvious wrong. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Has anyone read the article in full , because there's a corker of a statement buried in there - they're obviously in dispute with their insurers and if it doesn't go their way ....

How can they afford to operate if the insurance refused to pony up for the projected 50% reduction in revenues

This is just as bad.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1378958/john-nelms-reconstruction-greater-good-scottish-football-dundee-fc-james-mcpake/

17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

For arguments sake : if the interdict is NOT granted (assuming Hearts  apply) , football is allowed to continue and then Hearts do win their case -

how do Hearts "win" if they can't get their place back in the Prem ? 

Where is the pressure on the SPFL to reach a settlement , where is their risk ? 

And surely Hearts could not be regarded as "vexatious" after the  event - either Hearts have a case or they don't and if not it would be dismissed at the outset ?  Surely ? 

This is the thing that gets me.....If the interdict is not served does this mean that the SPFL then risk publishing a fixture list minus Hearts? 
Can the SPFL risk publishing a fixture list minus Hearts? (Despite Celtic pleading)
Why don't the SPFL just come and say "Stuff you Hearts, here's the fixture list for next season, see you in court!"
For me it seems that the SPFL have imposed an interdict on themselves! 

Fluorescent Adolescent
5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Who else is thinking there will be a lot more scuffles and pavement dancing when fans are allowed back into grounds? Make no mistake, we WILL be hated even more so than we were before all of this.

Gorgie Aggro ya Bas.

:jjyay:

9 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Should Hibs still be around and they come to play us do we then have to change the section to "Methadone Corner"?

That would seem to be appropriate certainly. Spoon burning not an option though, can't have that at Tynecastle.

colinmaroon
11 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

So in our case, whatever  Celtic, oops l mean SPFL have as set for the agenda? 

And swallowed whole by others out of self-interest without seeing the long term damage being inflicted on our game.

David Murray and the original Rangers did this by using the Bank of Scotland to fund his reckless spending and suppressing any voices that dared challenge the situation  (succulent lamb and all).  We were ALL dragged along, hoodwinked, could I say self-deluded into thinking it was the right way to go.

Even after that particular bubble collapsed, again through catastrophic external pressure, the crash of 2008 and the ultimate demise of Rangers, we didn't learn and now its Llawell who is directly responsible for the rush to finish the season and get their 9 in a row and avoid what they saw as possible complications with their next Champions League campaign.

The shady goings-on around Dundee's vote and the subsequent explosion of combined envy/hatred of Hearts and fear based self-interest, just underscores the virtual mob "violence" against anyone who steps out of line that we're seeing just now.

And, it is those who are actually in the right who are vilified by the "mob."

Brave Hearts
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Could someone tell John that Ann says she is sorry 

and no hard feelings .......

call me back anytime for a chat .......

manaliveits105
40 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Or along those lines.

We already do and will continue to hate them  whether we get an interdict or not or get promoted or not  - feck them all forever - Gorgie Rules 

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surely if he wanted to reconstruct, he would have voted no to the original resolution and forced the SPFL to propose something better.

Clark Griswold
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I'll summarise. 

Roond ye Jackson ya fud faced wankpiece and up ye Ralston ya gerbil faced turd.

Wonder what tonight’s threats will be from the DR. Place your bets here folks

Just now, David McCaig said:

Surely if he wanted to reconstruct, he would have voted no to the original resolution and forced the SPFL to propose something better.

Think we have misinterpreted the reconstruction project he is on. It's strictly focussed on the city of Dundee. 

Seaside jambo
6 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

and no hard feelings .......

call me back anytime for a chat .......

Or send a email 😊

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I know. The other clubs deliberately drove a car right at us, Thistle and Stranraer, despite having plenty time and space to avoid hitting us.

Now they're complaining because doing that smashed their windscreen and it must be our fault.

Nice analogy.

I would say it's like them driving their car at us having plenty time to avoid us, then complaining when our insurance company contacts them for the payments needed to repair our cars.

And it has all been recorded on CCTV

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Wonder what tonight’s threats will be from the DR. Place your bets here folks

Who cares?

Another eloquent soliloquy from our resident wordsmith will put them firmly back in their box.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Next year? Hope social distancing rules are adhered too.

Could fix a boxing glove to a clothes pole? 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Was thinking more along the lines of missiles.

Aah, a modern thinker,  my next stage would’ve been a stick with a nail in it, but you’ve took a giant leap in the arms race.

26 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Hope so. I love a wee pavement dance. Usually start with the running man, throw in the ‘sprinkler’ and finish with the worm 😎

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Bottles and such. Not drone strikes.

At least not until Ayr show up.

😂.       😡

Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers all voted in favour of their respective clubs moving up into a league but voted to stop the club directly below each of them also moving up a league.

This is why they’re directly being dragged into this.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Indeed. Dundee Utd of all teams should have voted for so-called ‘reconstruction’

There’s a good argument that moving to a top division of 14 was a favour to them, rather than Hearts.

The train of thought  of most is mind boggling. 

It's either stupidity or arrogance, that they thought thought they could dump all the covid fall out on 3 business and then have no consequences, when imo crucially there were other options. 

As a Hearts fan it's infuriating, as a football fan it really is mind boggling and turned who I think is quite a balanced person into a hateful and vengeful person that now I'm at the point I actually hope other clubs fail. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I think that the point made (we'll be playing in the Championship next season) is quite possible. But I think AB knows that and would settle for damages, that's what she is asking for after all. I don't believe that the court will get involved in telling the SPFL how to organise a football competition. They will just say that expulsion was costing Hearts a certain sum, that there were other options and that the other league members must cover the cost. 

That's how I see it. The losses to Dundee United will be small compared to Hearts and any judgement would surely have to take that into account .

Yip, the material circumstances would be the same, ours are being changed. 

I'd be nervous if I was them. 

Will the Compliance Officer now be warning Dundee Utd, Cove Rangers and Raith Rovers about the implications of considering legal action?

10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers all voted in favour of their respective clubs moving up into a league but voted to stop the club directly below each of them also moving up a league.

This is why they’re directly being dragged into this.

Ah, plenty to say now. Best thing the SPFL could do is restructure the Leagues and avoid any disappointment for these clubs that may arise from losing in Court. May not be bad this development. Give them scope to save face? 

Edited by Riccarton3

20 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Hope so. I love a wee pavement dance. Usually start with the running man, throw in the ‘sprinkler’ and finish with the worm 😎

Chuck Berry

So what Hearts and Partick are asking the court to review is the whole promotion/relegation process meaning that if the court rule in our favour, the court will rule it invalid/illegal and chuck it back to the SPFL to resolve?  Is that what DU/Rovers/Cove are getting their knickers in a twist over?

If Stranraer, Partick or any of the clubs that voted yes to reconstruction go to the wall over this, i will be genuinely gutted for them. I hope we can as a club / supporters do something to help them out.

See the rest of the clubs... they can all do one.

I think that after listening to the BBC podcast I'm more than convinced how unjust and how unprofessional our game is here in Scotland. Even the show cast is a rabble with their favourite word ""Ahem"" muttered after every couple of syllables. The best line of the show came from Tom English when he compared Hearts getting a punch on the face and the perpetrator surprised they got one back. Have to remind myself not to listen to this shite again....

Edited by Section Q

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )