SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Christ Tam, do you want them to settle out of court or do you want them to reconstruct? You're all over the shop and actually your real preference is for Hearts to be shafted with no compensation.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

So we now have 5 teams taking court action?

Not a chance they can start this league with all this going on.

Scottish Football ripped to the core.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Worth noting that since Hearts and Thistle lodged court papers this week, by this Monday at least 110 or so professional football matches will have taken place in over 10 countries, including England, Denmark, Sweden, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Switzerland, Russia, Spain, Italy and Germany. Not all of them the top rich leagues and many in countries worst hit by the virus.

in Scotland, we're not looking to play ANY until August at the earliest.

I'm sure any judge will agree the decision to end the league the way they did and when they did was extremely hasty. Clubs like D Utd who rushed to vote for that out of self interest can just reap what they sow and take their medicine.

Mate they're back playing in the Faroes and Iceland i see (yes less people dying) but our clubs pleading poverty about not being in a financial position to play is ridiculous - these teams over there can't be making much but they can run tests on players etc - when you see the amount of countries playing it makes a mockery of the SPFL decision to end it (oh yeah but Celtic needed their title) 🐀

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Christ Tam, do you want them to settle out of court or do you want them to reconstruct? You're all over the shop and actually your real preference is for Hearts to be shafted with no compensation.

He's all over the place

Edited by gedster

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

THey are missing the point again.

They were voted as champions, and voted promotion.

They will suffer huge losses if not promoted.

Well, we were voted down ,and will suffer huge losses due to the votes of clubs like them.

We are taking robust action to prevent such catastrophic losses

#takeyourmedicine bitches

52 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That picture totally re-enforces the "bowling club committee" image that clubs have. It's like the sort of place the supporters buses stop at for a pie and pint on the outskirts of Glasgow before a cup final. 

On the bright side the Scottish Football Association is here to provide leadership and a sense of fair play. Better late than never, eh, Rod and Ian?

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, jambo191 said:

It's brilliant!

ToadKiller Dog
2 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

**** me - another twist!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53111932

The same Dundee United who said they were against any reconstruction of any sort atvany time, as they wanted the money that came from home games against the uglies .

Now saying the could suffer but acted in way where they were fully happy to see others suffer .

The SFA have been aware of this situation for over 3 months. Ann hasn't shirked or hidden the fact that if the right thing wasn't done that she would go to court. Maxwell and Petire could have stepped in after the original reconstruction committee failed and took control of the situation. Thats called leadership. Instead they stood back and watched. 

The SFA cannot take action because they have taken ZERO ownership or control of the situation. If they want to do something worthwhile, take control now and force reconstruction through. Everyone and their dug could see it was veto'd out of pettiness/ self interest.

2 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

That picture totally re-enforces the "bowling club committee" image that clubs have. It's like the sort of place the supporters buses stop at for a pie and pint on the outskirts of Glasgow before a cup final. 

Love that table. We tend to have to use four or five fold down but then you can store them away. 

Blackshades

When I was a kid there was a guy on TV called Brian rix .his programmes were farces where people didn't know if they were coming or going .this farce makes Brian rix look like a documentary maker

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

THey are missing the point again.

They were voted as champions, and voted promotion.

They will suffer huge losses if not promoted.

Well, we were voted down ,and will suffer huge losses due to the votes of clubs like them.

We are taking robust action to prevent such catastrophic losses

#takeyourmedicine bitches

Exactly.

I'd have sympathy for the 'promoted' clubs situation in this legal action had they voted in favour of league reconstruction. But they didn't. They got what they wanted, and gave two fingers to Hearts and Partick.

Now they are throwing the toys out the pram.

**** those three especially.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

For arguments sake : if the interdict is NOT granted (assuming Hearts  apply) , football is allowed to continue and then Hearts do win their case -

how do Hearts "win" if they can't get their place back in the Prem ? 

Where is the pressure on the SPFL to reach a settlement , where is their risk ? 

And surely Hearts could not be regarded as "vexatious" after the  event - either Hearts have a case or they don't and if not it would be dismissed at the outset ?  Surely ? 

One would have to assume that once the reply is back from the SPFL and reviewed by our QC and the Court that would decide if we are grabted and interdict.

So if the SPFL came back with a significant sum as settlement lets say for argument rather than keeping us in the league and we objected to that but the Court did not agree with us then we would have to accept it and play in the Championship with whatever compensation is on offer.

If however there is no offer that the Court agree with then I am sure we would then ask for the Interdict to be applied pending a settlement.

So really the pressure is on the SPFL to come back with what will seem to be a decent resolution in the Eyes of the Court.

2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The same Dundee United who said they were against any reconstruction of any sort atvany time, as they wanted the money that came from home games against the uglies .

Now saying the could suffer but acted in way where they were fully happy to see others suffer .

Its almost laughable eh. 

Clowns. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, jambo191 said:

If only there was a way that would ultimately satisfy all 5 clubs, where teams who are unhappy about unfairly being demoted can stay in their original league and those who fear their promotion wont happen get promoted. If there was a way I am sure the SPFL would gladly agree to it as it is the most fair and common sense way to deal with an unprecedented action. Wont they?

Nicholas Brody
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

In 6 days when the SPFL bluff gets called. 

They have to respond , one way or the other within 7 days of Hearts lodging papers with the court. 

Cheers.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

1 minute ago, The Verminator said:

**** me - another twist!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53111932

Yeah but the big thing is under the league reconstruction with the extended top league plans put forward they were still ****ing promoted. 

Ann never once said they shouldn't be. 

Her proposal protected the promotions. 

What a ****ing shit show. 

Does anyone know what they donald duck they are voting for/against in the first place. 

It's actually ridiculous now. - I'm protecting myself in terms of promotion, even although the  league reconstruction  proposals I voted against protected promotion in the first place. 

Shambles x 100

Does back my suspicions up that they are nervous tho as a judge may look at the solution that causes the least harm to all businesses if it gets to that stage. 

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aw bless, shit just got real for Raith.

Well tough shit ya plums.

For the good of Scottish football, time to pull together, move on, and take your medicine.

51 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Surely if he wanted to reconstruct, he would have voted no to the original resolution and forced the SPFL to propose something better.

You would have thought so, eh?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

If only there was a way that would ultimately satisfy all 5 clubs, where teams who are unhappy about unfairly being demoted can stay in their original league and those who fear their promotion wont happen get promoted. If there was a way I am sure the SPFL would gladly agree to it as it is the most fair and common sense way to deal with an unprecedented action. Wont they?

Yip, what a ****ing joke. 

queensferryjambo

So what are Hearts actually going to court for then?

Are they trying to overturn the relegation and make it illegal? 

Are they sucking it up and taking relegation and going for compenastion?

Are they trying one and if it fails then going on to the second?

If Hearts relegation is found to be illegal and we are kept in the top flight will it then be deemed unfair on Dundee United and United will push for league reconstruction? Something they are absolutely against just now. 

This just gets better by the hour.  Dundee regretting their voting scam big time.  The 3 promoted clubs who were all smiles now having to fund their defence legally with money they don't have.  The SFA and SPFL angry and squirming.

Meanwhile, Hearts and Partick just quietly getting on with life.

And best of all, Hibs getting skinter by the day and Ronnie has made it abundantly clear that they won't see a penny from him.

The chardy later today will have an excellent piquancy.

In all 4 leagues the championship was awarded not won. In 3 of these leagues you probably wouldn't have bet against the champions awarded their title, Raith Rovers though what a cheek complaining Falkirk must be raging.

Anyway these teams were part of the 81 percent so **** them.

Just now, queensferryjambo said:

If Hearts relegation is found to be illegal and we are kept in the top flight will it then be deemed unfair on Dundee United and United will push for league reconstruction? Something they are absolutely against just now. 

That's exactly what will happen I think.

The only way out of this mess is league reconstruction so there are just winners and no losers.

But too many SPFL clubs are enjoying expelling Hearts. They thought they could get away with it too.

I must say, I'm finding Raith's position in all of this quite hypocritical. They lucked out by being beneficiaries from the league being suspended (and subsequently ended on a vote) as they were no where near confirmed as Champions. 

To claim ruinous losses with a straight face whilst kicking another club to the ground, is an absolute affront.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

The SFA have been aware of this situation for over 3 months. Ann hasn't shirked or hidden the fact that if the right thing wasn't done that she would go to court. Maxwell and Petire could have stepped in after the original reconstruction committee failed and took control of the situation. Thats called leadership. Instead they stood back and watched. 

The SFA cannot take action because they have taken ZERO ownership or control of the situation. If they want to do something worthwhile, take control now and force reconstruction through. Everyone and their dug could see it was veto'd out of pettiness/ self interest.

You have to think the SF A was satisfied with the solution. Not an issue. Three clubs thrown to the wolves. Not a problem. No interest despite our owner saying she would take it to court. From the SFA, SFA. 

I really do hate Dundee Utd and Dundee. 

Dundee Utd won **** all, the season wasn't finished but they think we should be demoted under the same circumstances. 

Aye, very good ya bunch of tangerine hobo junkie tramps.

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

In all 4 leagues the championship was awarded not won. In 3 of these leagues you probably wouldn't have bet against the champions awarded their title, Raith Rovers though what a cheek complaining Falkirk must be raging.

Anyway these teams were part of the 81 percent so **** them.

Absolutely. The most tainted of titles.

🤣

I'll be first on Pratt Street laying the flowers if those scumbags ever go bust.

IF Hearts were given an option to LEAVE Scottish football i wonder the consensus on here? why would ANYONE want to stay in a cesspit only interested in usually 2 teams but really 1 - with basically every team hating us worse than Rangers and media putting the boot in at every opportunity it really is shocking,all because we didn't think we should be relegated with 8 games to go 🤬 

SFA action against these three too for going to Court or is that Just reserved for big bad HMFC and Patrick.  You cannot make this up....

Captain Canada

This is farcical in so many ways. Where's the leadership to force through a 14-10-10-10 and stop the whole SPFL from imploding? 

Someone needs to seriously step up now if total carnage is going to be avoided. If ND can't or won't do it, someone needs to take the reins. 

This was all so easily avoidable but it's seriously crazy now how it's playing out. I've no idea what clubs like Utd thought would happen if they rejected reconstruction. Unbelievable! 

Clark Griswold
47 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Hope so. I love a wee pavement dance. Usually start with the running man, throw in the ‘sprinkler’ and finish with the worm 😎

:oohmatron:

Geddyalexneil
7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

This just gets better by the hour.  Dundee regretting their voting scam big time.  The 3 promoted clubs who were all smiles now having to fund their defence legally with money they don't have.  The SFA and SPFL angry and squirming.

Meanwhile, Hearts and Partick just quietly getting on with life.

And best of all, Hibs getting skinter by the day and Ronnie has made it abundantly clear that they won't see a penny from him.

The chardy later today will have an excellent piquancy.

Bloody marvellous post!  

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

IF Hearts were given an option to LEAVE Scottish football i wonder the consensus on here? why would ANYONE want to stay in a cesspit only interested in usually 2 teams but really 1 - with basically every team hating us worse than Rangers and media putting the boot in at every opportunity it really is shocking,all because we didn't think we should be relegated with 8 games to go 🤬 

We may not have a choice if they kick us out. I'd be all for joining the English League. We're bigger than most of the clubs there up to top few of the Championship so would quickly climb the ranks. **** Scottish football. Sick of it.

1 minute ago, biffa12 said:

SFA action against these three too for going to Court or is that Just reserved for big bad HMFC and Patrick.  You cannot make this up....

Claire, another three letters, please. First class.

1 minute ago, RudiIsGod said:

We may not have a choice if they kick us out. I'd be all for joining the English League. We're bigger than most of the clubs there up to top few of the Championship so would quickly climb the ranks. **** Scottish football. Sick of it.

There will be no clubs left at this rate...well, assuming we're all dealt with fairly.

🤣

To think this all could have been avoided if the rest of the clubs agreed that no club should have been penalised by Covid-19...

Carl Fredrickson

This is better than any TV show. I have spent hours every day for the last how many weeks on this thread. Highs lows, tears, laughter and just about time for shock and awe (as hearts and minds didnt have any impact). 

I have no cares for other teams other than the four affected by the farcical vote on Good Friday. Utd, Raith and Cove can get to feck. 

The SPFL have to act on reconstruction otherwise there will be at least two lots of court cases to be heard. An absolute shambles of an organisation with no leadership or organisation. 

5 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There will be someone in that team who’s responsible for Scottish football’s contracts you would assume?

Ultimately it'll be Rob Webster, MD of Sky Sports that signs it off but there's a whole team that look at the different aspects of each deal from finance, legal to production and scheduling as well as market analysts etc, with each deal being for 3-5 years it's not specifically one person's job to look at Scottish Football

10 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

So what are Hearts actually going to court for then?

Are they trying to overturn the relegation and make it illegal? 

Are they sucking it up and taking relegation and going for compenastion?

Are they trying one and if it fails then going on to the second?

I'm no legal eagle, but I suspect our aim here is for the SPFL to come back in 5 days and state whether they accept or don't accept that the teams remain in the league they were ejected from. If they accept, then they will have to force through a board reconstruction, and case closed. This has to be the option we are hoping for but unlikely to get.

If they don't accept, then we chase them for compensation, I personally believe that we will do this by taking our place in championship and fighting from there.

Just now, OTT said:

To think this all could have been avoided if the rest of the clubs agreed that no club should have been penalised by Covid-19...

Exactly. These three diddy clubs do at least acknowledge this is down to something bigger than football. Shame though they feel they should prosper from it.

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

This is better than any TV show. I have spent hours every day for the last how many weeks on this thread. Highs lows, tears, laughter and just about time for shock and awe (as hearts and minds didnt have any impact). 

I have no cares for other teams other than the four affected by the farcical vote on Good Friday. Utd, Raith and Cove can get to feck. 

The SPFL have to act on reconstruction otherwise there will be at least two lots of court cases to be heard. An absolute shambles of an organisation with no leadership or organisation. 

This in spades.......never has a break in football been so utterly compelling to see, hear and read about

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )