SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I think they have shown part of their defence now by having a word with the three clubs that are now taking a counter action. But of course if a cash settlement is agreed then no change would happen to their plight and we will be in the Championship. The problem with this is that the 42 clubs will have to pay out and they won't want to do that either.

A separate action not a counter action. 

Up to SPFL to make a proposal just now.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

The lack of leadership from the SPFL is absolutely astonishing and unless they suddenly begin to show leadership then I believe we could be witnessing the end of the game on an organised level in Scotland. I have always been passionate about Scottish football but now would love to see Hearts apply to join the English league where I am absolutely sure we would prosper 

I don't think this would be happening under a  previous regime.

Doncaster is worse than Trump, constantly hiding in his Hampden bunker.

Beyond useless.

Seaside jambo
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think Dave Mac is missing a trick by not publishing Jonno as kickbacks poet laureate tbh. 

Could we make a book of his quotes then sell them , all monies to FoH 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

**** me - another twist!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53111932

This is hilarious. What will they do - propose reconstruction 🤣

Basically, it's not OK to punish 3 clubs unfairly, unless it's not our 3 clubs?

The clubs knew that by voting against reconstruction they were effectively voting for a court case and all the cost and uncertainty that would bring. 

Did Doncaster not lay out all the dangers of voting no to reconstruction? Some clubs are acting like they're surprised it's come to this.

Edited by ToqueJambo

David Black
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Calling for us to be punished is simply just fear of what the court will decide.    If what's been done is fair and proper then the court will uphold it.    If the court decides something else then that will be the fair outcome.

These people have zero interest in fairness.    Only FEAR of what is ruled as fair.

Splendidly put that man.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

My mistake, getting carried away there.

hibsarepants
Just now, wavydavy said:

I think they have shown part of their defence now by having a word with the three clubs that are now taking a counter action. But of course if a cash settlement is agreed then no change would happen to their plight and we will be in the Championship. The problem with this is that the 42 clubs will have to pay out and they won't want to do that either.

Yes the SPFL have got themselves in a jam - unless the compensation is good enough we are not going to accept. Even then I am not sure we would. Their best option is to force the reconstruction through under emergency powers. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

What would be hilarious is if the court said that relegation isn't allowed and we get reinstated. The 3 non promoted clubs then put forward a resolution to reconstruct the leagues and we vote against it saying it's time to draw a line under this whole affair and move on. 

😂😂😂😂😂

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

What would be hilarious is if the court said that relegation isn't allowed and we get reinstated. The 3 non promoted clubs then put forward a resolution to reconstruct the leagues and we vote against it saying it's time to draw a line under this whole affair and move on. 

Take your medicine type of thing?

Any counter action against us will take the form of a football authority sanction.    If they tried to expel us then they would face another legal case.

That's all she wrote.

WorldChampions1902
13 minutes ago, RENE said:

Sounds to me with that statement that 14-10-10-10 could be rolled out again for a vote.

Given these rapidly shifting sands, I totally agree! 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

We could have done with Karl Fletcher against St Mirren. We wouldn't be in this mess otherwise!

😂

What action is this ? Thought they had taken advice, no action has yet and there won’t be until they have something to contest. 

David Black
5 minutes ago, jamborod said:

I know she’s had her hands full but isn’t it about time that Nicola stepped in and told Doncaster to sort it out before all of it reaches the courts?

The farce may be entertaining but it’s not  reflecting well on Scotland. 

This should be getting done by the Scottish Minister for Sport, a certain Joseph Fitzpatrick no less. 

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My mistake, getting carried away there.

It's all pretty confusing.

Brilliant though. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Have the SPFL put the clubs up to this to try and muddy Hearts challenge?

Edited by Riccarton3

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Exactly.

Hearts: If reconstruction fails we'll have to consider legal redress.

The clubs: Stick reconstruction up your hoop.

Hearts: We're taking legal action.

The clubs:

tumblr_inline_nrtyalQDWl1qafrh6_400.gifv

Happens all the time in life with everything, politics, sport, daily life. 

Unknown user
Just now, Victorian said:

Any counter action against us will take the form of a football authority sanction.    If they tried to expel us then they would face another legal case.

That's all she wrote.

Theres been a lot said about the consequences of turning to a court of law, but they can't do shit, it's our leg

al right. The spfl would like their rules to trump the law of the land but that day's a long way away yet.

We'd effectively be getting punished for seeking justice - we'd see them in court for that. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Have the SPFL put the clubs up to this to try and negate Hearts challenge?

Its irrelevant to the Hearts/ Partick action.

Just Scottish football in chaos. 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What action is this ? Thought they had taken advice, no action has yet and there won’t be until they have something to contest. 

They obviously read the Sun.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Tbh it looks like they are getting ready to hold the board responsible for the outcomes of our case. 

The rats are fighting. 

By the end of this, the contents of the sack will be just a big mess of guts and blood. 

10 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Class

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I would be surprised if they have'nt been on the phone to all of them maybe even offering to cover their costs if some sort of way. Nothing would surprise me.

The Old Tolbooth

Notice the distinct lack of vermin on here since their news broke, this place has almost been cleansed again, and now that the legal side of things is ramping up and clubs are screaming like petulant children, it's only going to get better! :D 

Dundee going down the shitter first would be the absolute perfect way to kick it all off too, I'd get pished to that! 🍺

12 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Really really liked that!

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

spot on the time just wouldnt be right 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh it looks like they are getting ready to hold the board responsible for the outcomes of our case. 

The rats are fighting. 

By the end of this, the contents of the sack will be just a big mess of guts and blood. 

Could be absolute carnage if the SPFL board doesn't just push the reconstruction through

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Theres been a lot said about the consequences of turning to a court of law, but they can't do shit, it's our leg

al right. The spfl would like their rules to trump the law of the land but that day's a long way away yet.

We'd effectively be getting punished for seeking justice - we'd see them in court for that. 

Yep.   I don't see the court taking a favourable view of football authorities attempting to place themselves above the law and attempting to prevent reasonable access to judicial oversight.

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts to win the case and be reinstated to the premier.

Court costs to be split evenly between the other 41 company members.

Ann insists that Hearts pay their 42th share as that's what friends do.

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Take your medicine type of thing?

Trot them all out, "not the right time", "not convinced about a permanent change", "we're voting for the good of the lower league clubs" 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Hearts to win the case and be reinstated to the premier.

Court costs to be split evenly between the other 41 company members.

Ann insists that Hearts pay their 42th share as that's what friends do.

That's also a belter!! 

She'd do that as well. 

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The game is over if youth set ups are ditched.

The best players will go elsewhere.

I’ll be honest, it may have been better had the JA money been ringfenced for youth teams rather than community projects. 

24 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Exactly, funny how they felt that Raith getting promoted was for the good of the game but Falkirk also getting promoted would be bad. 

As I said on another post  Raith would have had to play Falkirk away on the last game of the season which could have been a title decider.

Raith had a few tricky games in the run up so just like Ross Co they had a lot to be greatful for with having the league called early.

Different story now though when the "boot is on the other foot" no pun intended

Exactly, funny how they felt that Raith getting promoted was for the good of the game but Falkirk also getting promoted would be bad. 

As I said on another post  Raith would have had to play Falkirk away on the last game of the season which could have been a title decider.

Raith had a few tricky games in the run up so just like Ross Co they had a lot to be greatful for with having the league called early.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would be surprised if they have'nt been on the phone to all of them maybe even offering to cover their costs if some sort of way. Nothing would surprise me.

Yeah could be. But then you'd look at both cases and realise what the solution was.

Or it's a way out for the SPFL? The more upheaval, the more reason (as if they need more) to convince clubs of the need for reconstruction

Edited by Riccarton3

Nookie Bear
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

That's also a belter!! 

She'd do that as well. 

Presenting herself with one of those oversized cheques lottery winners get. 

If she pulls this off I’ll be happy for her statue to have that cheque as part of the design. 

JamboGraham

Oofftt...now that’s a pickle the SPFL have got themselves into....stick and Hearts/Partick take you to court, twist and Dundee United, Raith and Cove take you to court.

Meanwhile almost every other country in Europe is getting ready to enjoy their football on the telly this weekend...

I wonder if ‘anyone’ can work out a no harm solution to all of this...

Bazzas right boot

Throughout all this I hope Ann is looking after her health. 

She's in her 70's and as well as leading a club through a shitty time with our own fans pointing anger her way, has lead league reconstruction and now this court case along with the abuse from the media and fans. 

Hopefully she's got good folk doing the work. 

I don't know how she can be ****ed with all this at her age. 

She could just pack up and see her days out on her boat with a cocktail in hand. 

If we get reinstated and reconstruction is proposed to appease the clubs that missed out on promotion, I'm very comfortable if Hearts decide to vote against it.

Screw them.

What I am really enjoying about this is the fact that Hearts and Thistle made our statement, engaged the court, set a timescale for a reply and have remained silent. No clarification of the ramifications of ruling our demotions illegal just silence. 

The implications are 100% the responsibility of the SPFL. 

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

If we get reinstated and reconstruction is proposed to appease the clubs that missed out on promotion, I'm very comfortable if Hearts decide to vote against it.

Screw them.

👍

Court rules things were done legally and fairly.   We lose.   We accept it as it's the end of the line.   They win and carry on.

Court rules things were not proper and fair.    Court determines what is fair.    Scottish Football still gets a win in that the SPFL needs to start doing things properly and has to stop acting as if they are outside the law.

Unless of course one has no interest in that and is content to play an active part in corrupt governance.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Throughout all this I hope Ann is looking after her health. 

She's in her 70's and as well as leading a club through a shitty time with our own fans pointing anger her way, has lead league reconstruction and now this court case along with the abuse from the media and fans. 

Hopefully she's got good folk doing the work. 

I don't know how she can be ****ed with all this at her age. 

She could just pack up and see her days out on her boat with a cocktail in hand. 

This is the most fun football has given me in years .

like a Romanov throwback .

the utter mess the media is in over this is glorious!

court, threats, hubs crisis, Dundee falling apart, titles unde threat, 

awesome

Footballfirst

TRFC forums have posted this. The paragraphs are clearly extracts which may or may not be in order or in context 

Edited by Footballfirst

GMEdinburgh
3 hours ago, gordiegords said:

When and if all this dies down we absolutely must get a “Take your medicine” banner made up and show these slugs the salt 🤛

Take a maximum of two tickets for every away game for each volunteer to hold each end of the banner, the other team would need to fork out for stewards etc. 😁

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Oofftt...now that’s a pickle the SPFL have got themselves into....stick and Hearts/Partick take you to court, twist and Dundee United, Raith and Cove take you to court.

Meanwhile almost every other country in Europe is getting ready to enjoy their football on the telly this weekend...

I wonder if ‘anyone’ can work out a no harm solution to all of this...

Genuinely interested in who Dundee Utd and co think they will take action against. If Hearts and Thistle lose - well no problem for them. If we win, that means the original decision was not fair or legal or whatever. Will they then argue to reverse an unfair or illegal decision?

And who will they argue against in that case? The SPFL that put forward a reconstruction proposal that they voted against for selfish reasons? 

They really haven't thought this through.

You would have to think that Sky are in frequent touch with our so-called football authorities telling them to get reconstruction done pronto.

Using industrial language, I'm sure they will be saying that you just can't relegate clubs no matter how big or small which hadn't been relegated when football was suspended.  You can't as a consequence impose massive financial penalties on these clubs without expecting them to have redress.

Meanwhile of course, in the very same Great Britain, the English are completing their 2019/20 season.

What a circus.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )