SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, GMEdinburgh said:

Take a maximum of two tickets for every away game for each volunteer to hold each end of the banner, the other team would need to fork out for stewards etc. 😁

🤑👍

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Diadora Van Basten

I am enjoying this thread more than watching football.

Hearts and Partick Thistle v Lawells lackeys, a bunch of pompous so and so’s and the Glasgow media.

Hope we take out an interdict next week. 

#takeyourmedicine

:rudiyas:

Kidd’s Boots
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

TRFC forums have posted this

Taken from the original resolution put to the Clubs?

32 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

So, today seems to have brought about a mind focusing of certain Chairmen and CEO's to firstly read the position of Hearts and PT properly, and then ask the opinion of someone else outwith the SPFL Board and Exec, 'what does this mean and how will this affect me'. Well surprisingly, the advice you have previously received is less than accurate... oh dear, how sad!

Sorry I’ve missed a lot of it today, what new developments have come about?

your post sounds very promising 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh it looks like they are getting ready to hold the board responsible for the outcomes of our case. 

The rats are fighting. 

By the end of this, the contents of the sack will be just a big mess of guts and blood. 

The irony is that Dungcaster might be in a board meeting with UEFA committee members and discussing Fairness and Ethical representation in the modern game 

Then at the same time he takes a phone call to let him know that there is mutiny on his own doorstep 😀

37 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What action is this ? Thought they had taken advice, no action has yet and there won’t be until they have something to contest. 

Any action they take would surely be against the SPFL?

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

TRFC forums have posted this. The paragraphs are clearly extracts which may or may not be in order or in context 

So part of our legal submission 

IgnatiusReilly
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

TRFC forums have posted this

I think that's from the Partick legal opinion document. Could be wrong, read it weeks ago. It's assuredly one of the main legal points that will be at the centre of the case for getting the resolution reduced using the Companies Act 2006. That the board of the SPFL (the company directors) misrepresent the situation to the clubs (the company shareholders), thus invalidating the whole thing. 

EDIT - or as Mickey says above, it could be part of the petition itself. It certainly reads that way. 

Edited by IgnatiusReilly
added a bit.

Kidd’s Boots
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Sorry I’ve missed a lot of it today, what new developments have come about?

your post sounds very promising 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Seeing a few comments of taking over Rangers as the most hated team in Scotland...

:pleasing:

The rangers 

But still 

:pleasing:

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

This is the biggest part that is getting ignored in all of this (well, that plus the handball for St Mirren's goal in the last match).

SPFL/SFA reps will be shitting themselves we took this out of their (aka Celtic/Lawwell's) jurisdiction, where judicial process is generally carried out according to laws, not on the whim of a room full of laughing hyenas.

I wasn't at the game that night but given there was a handball and Dikamona was pulled down in the box with no penalty given it seems especially harsh to be relegated on that basis. Normally the pragmatists would say that it's not those particular incidents but the performances over the whole season that relegate a team and that's usually true. But given we didn't finish the season and it was decided on the basis of subjective fairness after the event, you would think more would have been made of those incidents and teams would have felt moved to spare us a demotion. 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Throughout all this I hope Ann is looking after her health. 

She's in her 70's and as well as leading a club through a shitty time with our own fans pointing anger her way, has lead league reconstruction and now this court case along with the abuse from the media and fans. 

Hopefully she's got good folk doing the work. 

I don't know how she can be ****ed with all this at her age. 

She could just pack up and see her days out on her boat with a cocktail in hand. 

Don't underestimate the power of estrogen.  Doncaster has been hiding in his bunker desperately trying to arrange his immediate move to Zurich as soon as he knew that he was confronted by Ann Budge and Jaqui Low.  

:whistling:

Clark Griswold

Anyone else’s alcoholic beverage taste that bit better/sweeter tonight? Mines sure does, here’s to a great weekend lads and lassies 👍🏻🍻

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, jambo191 said:

So we now have 5 teams taking court action?

Not a chance they can start this league with all this going on.

Scottish Football ripped to the core.

Surely they will all be expelled from the league structure..... on no that was more made up nonsense.

56 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not only the 'promoted' teams but clubs seem to think they are entitled to profit from what happened.    Reference the likes of Ross County who want to use reconstruction to have a relegation free season.    

The court will decide what's fair or will award compensation if it's due.    

I trust we are on top of this potentially happening - that ******* at Ross Country not only demands we "take our medicine" by booting us when we are down, but then wants to knife us in the back. He knows his club were in free-fall and they got a get-out-of-jail-free card and now he wants another one? A veritable Judas Iscariot. 

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Genuinely interested in who Dundee Utd and co think they will take action against. If Hearts and Thistle lose - well no problem for them. If we win, that means the original decision was not fair or legal or whatever. Will they then argue to reverse an unfair or illegal decision?

And who will they argue against in that case? The SPFL that put forward a reconstruction proposal that they voted against for selfish reasons? 

They really haven't thought this through.

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Any action they take would surely be against the SPFL?

It's possible they could petition the Court to be added as co-respondents, if they have legal arguments to do so. Not a given that they would be added, and it would also not only considerably delay (and extend) the proceedings, it would also put them on the line for a share of expenses, up until the point that their counter-motion was dismissed (assuming they lost) as well as their own costs.

I doubt the three clubs will go much further than taking initial legal advice.  

The Wrinkly Ninja
43 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What action is this ? Thought they had taken advice, no action has yet and there won’t be until they have something to contest. 

There is no action yet and they have nothing to contest yet. Their statement does however state that they have been served papers.

I love the fact that their argument effectively amounts to we deserve to go up because we voted for it!!

Rick Sanchez

Just watching the PLZ the now...

Roughie saying that Barry Ferguson (Kelty manager) has been told already that there will be no promotion next season.

This is why we need to give no ****s.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, jambo191 said:

So we now have 5 teams taking court action?

Not a chance they can start this league with all this going on.

Scottish Football ripped to the core.

When you're left with zero trust in its integrity, and they openly laugh in your face as they drag the spoils away........this is where you end up. Totally content.

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Throughout all this I hope Ann is looking after her health. 

She's in her 70's and as well as leading a club through a shitty time with our own fans pointing anger her way, has lead league reconstruction and now this court case along with the abuse from the media and fans. 

Hopefully she's got good folk doing the work. 

I don't know how she can be ****ed with all this at her age. 

She could just pack up and see her days out on her boat with a cocktail in hand. 

Get Sporting Director and CEO in, transfer club to FOH, place on board as honorary president to retain connection with wealthy benefactors.

Zoom call in from the Med once a month.

Kidd’s Boots
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They appear to have the full text of the petition. Does anyone have a login for Follow Folllow?

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/petition-of-heart-of-midlothian-football-club-and-partick-thistle-full-text-downloadable.124310/

Unfortunately not, but I did see this on the thread

21. That Members were thereby presented with the Written Resolution on a “take it or leave it” basis, as being the only realistic means by which payments could be made. That representation by the Directors was materially inaccurate. Advance fee payments could have been made to Members. That had been done before. In particular, in season 2016/17, because the way the League fixtures fell, the second petitioner and Motherwell FC did not stand to benefit from the significant income to be derived from a third home League Match against either Rangers FC or Celtic FC prior to the Premiership splitting into two (as it does in around April of each Season). The Company therefore agreed to make advance fee payments of £150,000 to each of the second petitioner and Motherwell FC in around January 2017.

This may have been the loan/advance that AB was referring to during her time as a Director. If that's correct, the smoke and mirrors, (blatant lies!) put forward stating that no loans/ advances have been made since Gretna were in fact made to the second petitioner (Patrick Thistle), and a current board member, Motherwell. 

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They appear to have the full text of the petition. Does anyone have a login for Follow Folllow?

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/petition-of-heart-of-midlothian-football-club-and-partick-thistle-full-text-downloadable.124310/

Looks interesting FF. If you get a copy would make interesting reading if you could post?

pettigrewsstylist
49 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Notice the distinct lack of vermin on here since their news broke, this place has almost been cleansed again, and now that the legal side of things is ramping up and clubs are screaming like petulant children, it's only going to get better! :D 

Dundee going down the shitter first would be the absolute perfect way to kick it all off too, I'd get pished to that! 🍺

Dundee folding would justify the 18 yr old dram coming oot!

If their fans had stepped up, and said "not acceptable", then fair enough. They didnt......

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Unfortunately not, but I did see this on the thread

21. That Members were thereby presented with the Written Resolution on a “take it or leave it” basis, as being the only realistic means by which payments could be made. That representation by the Directors was materially inaccurate. Advance fee payments could have been made to Members. That had been done before. In particular, in season 2016/17, because the way the League fixtures fell, the second petitioner and Motherwell FC did not stand to benefit from the significant income to be derived from a third home League Match against either Rangers FC or Celtic FC prior to the Premiership splitting into two (as it does in around April of each Season). The Company therefore agreed to make advance fee payments of £150,000 to each of the second petitioner and Motherwell FC in around January 2017.

This may have been the loan/advance that AB was referring to during her time as a Director. If that's correct, the smoke and mirrors, (blatant lies!) put forward stating that no loans/ advances have been made since Gretna were in fact made to the second petitioner (Patrick Thistle), and a current board member, Motherwell. 

There was no loan to Gretna, SPFL/SPL were not one of Gretna’s creditors

Rick Sanchez

Also saying talks are underway with other leagues to stop promotion and relegated since it's only 27 games.

**** them.

The only acceptable compromise is reconstruction. The SPFL cannot afford to pay out compensation. Sky and BT are low 7 figures and deals are having to be struck. If we're awarded anywhere up from £5m I don't see how the SPFL pays that. Every penny in that TV deal is already accounted for in clubs planning (such is how piss poor the finances are for clubs). Any deviation from that will not be what clubs are able to see. 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Looks interesting FF. If you get a copy would make interesting reading if you could post?

I'm sure that someone on JKB will have a login. I just hope that they are able to download it and upload it here.

I've tried contacting a couple of other possible sources, but no joy as yet.

Dundee United, Raith and Cove havent sought very good advice if they've been told to issue statements about potential court cases that they may or may not have any relevence towards.

More tactical stupidity shown again by these amateur Rumpoles.

4 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Tomorrow's 2 o'clock bringing together of the great football minds should be fun.

I've not heard about the event you're referring to, but it's a pity it's been scheduled at the same time as Sportsound.

JamboGraham

If the Dundee no vote is indeed part of our petition (and accepted by the court) then the Deloitte investigation would be a key part of the evidence...wonder if they still feel it was a good thing to sneak off and do?

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Even more pressure on those shitty clubs and their shitty SPFL Board to sort their own mess out then. Glorious.

All this shit from a club that hadn't even sold a single season ticket less than 2 weeks ago.

What a time to be alive. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Dundee United, Raith and Cove havent sought very good advice if they've been told to issue statements about potential court cases that they may or may not have any relevence towards.

More tactical stupidity shown again by these amateur Rumpoles.

Ourselves and Thistle have been taking legal advice and planning for this eventuality for 3 months. They've taken an afternoon and seem to be basing their case on Daily Record headlines.

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

IF Hearts were given an option to LEAVE Scottish football i wonder the consensus on here? why would ANYONE want to stay in a cesspit only interested in usually 2 teams but really 1 - with basically every team hating us worse than Rangers and media putting the boot in at every opportunity it really is shocking,all because we didn't think we should be relegated with 8 games to go 🤬 

I would be happy for Hearts to leave the Scottish league. It’s has nothing to do with every team hating us, and everything to do with it being a cesspit. 

One thing is becoming crystal clear.

Not a single one of them ever thought this was going to court and were blissfully unaware of the  damage being caused as they smugly voted no. They just assumed it would all now go away.

No wonder every rent a mouth is threatening us with their attempts at scaremongering.

11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Also saying talks are underway with other leagues to stop promotion and relegated since it's only 27 games.

**** them.

Surely teams won't vote for this. This takes away the whole point of a season for all the lower leagues?!

Captain Canada
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

**** them.

If this is true I think we're heading towards breakaway league territory. How many clubs would that negatively impact? Aye, let's just have 27 completely meaningless games at a time when we need fans more than ever. 

It would surely put another few million on our  claim. All this from a guy who earns more than £30k a month!

If someone deliberately set out to ruin Scottish football, they couldn't have hatched a series of events as ludicrous as this! 

Edited by Captain Canada

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

And swallowed whole by others out of self-interest without seeing the long term damage being inflicted on our game.

David Murray and the original Rangers did this by using the Bank of Scotland to fund his reckless spending and suppressing any voices that dared challenge the situation  (succulent lamb and all).  We were ALL dragged along, hoodwinked, could I say self-deluded into thinking it was the right way to go.

Even after that particular bubble collapsed, again through catastrophic external pressure, the crash of 2008 and the ultimate demise of Rangers, we didn't learn and now its Llawell who is directly responsible for the rush to finish the season and get their 9 in a row and avoid what they saw as possible complications with their next Champions League campaign.

The shady goings-on around Dundee's vote and the subsequent explosion of combined envy/hatred of Hearts and fear based self-interest, just underscores the virtual mob "violence" against anyone who steps out of line that we're seeing just now.

And, it is those who are actually in the right who are vilified by the "mob."

Good post, there are none so blind that cannot see!

I miss Les Gray and his wise words. If it was us, I'd be fighting, too. It's very unfair on Hearts. The Board has been immaculate. Apart from the vote. We could have done better, there.

2 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

One thing is becoming crystal clear.

Not a single one of them ever thought this was going to court and were blissfully unaware of the  damage being caused as they smugly voted no. They just assumed it would all now go away.

No wonder every rent a mouth is threatening us with their attempts at scaremongering.

My view is that a LOT of lower league chairman aren't qualified to hold the positions they do. Complete lack of foresight and utterly reckless. The decision making by some like at Dundee Utd who insisted they would vote against reconstruction in all circumstances is utterly farcical. That way of thinking should be punished severely. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I would be happy for Hearts to leave the Scottish league. It’s has nothing to do with every team hating us, and everything to do with it being a cesspit. 

I'm feeling similarly. We'd be confining ourselves to a trophy-less existence though which is something to factor in. Coupled with that, if we did by some minor miracle manage to get in, you could be your right arm that the OF would not be far behind.  

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

**** them.

Imagine we win and stay in premier - Dundee Utd stay in Championship and promotion cancelled - that works perfectly 

Rogue Daddy

Surely the current SPFL board and ND will be jettisoned after/during all this. How can any of them survive this complete shambles. Incompetence of the highest order. 

Scottish Football is an embarrassment... clubs relegated and then being roundly castigated, bullied, threatened etc. just for standing up for themselves!

If this reaches court - which it should - they’ll have a field day with the SPFL imo. Their (SFA and other clubs and their ‘media mouthpieces’) behaviour in the last couple of days, will be frowned upon. 

Absolutely disgusting. 

FTH

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )