SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, kila said:

I am wondering why clubs in the play off positions haven't made more noise?

Wonder if we can get clubs to turn on each other. Or maybe that'll happen anyway because the discussion of who can actually play and who can't is still to be had. Even in the top flight. But Championship will be even more of a problem as the October start date ticks closer.

Championship clubs will all be playing by October imo. QoS looked to be in the most shit and they’ve signalled they are ready. Dunfermline season tickets went on sale this week. It’s going to start imo. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

doctor jambo

The theee promoted teams have no claims against us - we have not promoted them, Nor prevented it.

we don’t have that power, they are threatening to sue the spfl, the only body with any say in the matter.

22 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Im obviously very biased (as are most of those on this thread - one way or the other..)

but how can any reasonable person read that petition and not agree with the points put forward?

the 14-10-10-10 is the logical answer. Hearts and Dundee Utd in prem (ICT lucky bonus club)

Partick and Raith in championship (Falkirk lucky bonus club)

Stranraer and Cove in league 1 (Edinburgh City lucky bonus club)

Brechin, Kelty and Brora in league 2

All at a cost of what? 0.5% to each club? Utter madness that this entire descent into legal carnage has been brought about by the failure of the many to accept the smallest of hits, instead turning a blind eye to the problems visited on the minority. 

scandalous self-interest and it’s al coming home to roost now. 

This could be the court's summing up. Absolutely nail on head

How can Dundee United and Co be surprised at the papers considering the action is regarding relegation, they surly should have been discussing all possible outcomes.

The SPFL shot at Hearts and the bullet has gone straight through and clipped them. 

Edited by kelosom

heartsfc_fan
16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

My prediction is either egm for 13 10 10 9 or out of court settlement 

Hopefully.

Even having a league of 13 with no split would work. Play each team 3 times = 36 games.

Fair enough one team per week would 'sit out' as it's an odd number but so what, everyone will get a fair share of 18 games at home and 18 away. And no split!

46 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It would recognise that the arbitrary 22 nature of the petitioners’ relegation was, as Leslie Gray stated on 15 June 2020, “unfair".

Thanks for opening your mouth Les 😁

19 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

My prediction is either egm for 13 10 10 9 or out of court settlement 

Who wrote that article you posted?

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

What action is this ? Thought they had taken advice, no action has yet and there won’t be until they have something to contest. 

Yeah, it says they are prepared to defend their case.  They are employing external lawyers to look at it.  No action currently taking against us (I think).  I get a feeling it's Raith that anonymously proposed expulsion.

Perhaps the biggest problem for the SPFL is face saving.  It's human nature for people to hate backing down.  They will detest backing down to us.  We're not the OF.

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Thanks for opening your mouth Les 😁

Les Gray is looking like Dyna-mite .

70s reference 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Who wrote that article you posted?

It's from the Sun, around 7pm it appeared on their website.

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Les Gray is looking like Dyna-mite .

70s reference 

That's Crazy.

Oh Boy dont get me started.

Edited by Turkishcap

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This could be the court's summing up. Absolutely nail on head

And the smallest of hits quietly underpinned by our benefactor on the QT?

32 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

So is this right?

Hearts and Thistle are making the argument that the decision to relegate clubs is unfair because it was taken on the basis of false information; the vote didn't actually carry anyway; and it is damaging to member clubs.

If this goes to court, one strong possibility is that both relegation and promotion will be deemed unlawful.

Hearts and Thistle have given early warning to the promoted clubs (which is normal practice) of the possible outcome in the hope that their legal advisers will recognise the strength of the case against the SPFL.

The best and least expensive outcome for all clubs is for the "champion" clubs to petition the rest of the SPFL clubs to try to find another solution, namely reconstruction, and to avoid going to court.

Hearts and Thistle can now watch and wait to see what compromise may be proposed - most likely an EGM and vote on 14-10-10-10.

Another possible option that could be imposed by the courts would be a play off between Hearts and United, Raith and Partick, Stranraer and Cove Rangers. But it is difficult to see when these games could be played. All 6 clubs would prefer reconstruction than run the risk of losing a play off. 

For all that it is fun being universally hated (unfairly), it might be a good time for Hearts to be reaching out to United, Raith and Cove to say actually we are all in this together. I actually think that is part of Ann Budge's strategy.

Not sure the courts would ever impose playoffs like that. But apart from that, the risk to the 3 promoted teams is such that they might be well advised to concentrate on getting the reconstruction that they now want 😂 agreed 

45 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ha ha in your day it was Trebuchets and  Ballistas! 

:biggrin:

Independence
27 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE DOING THEIR OWN HOMEWORK.

Hearts will apply for an interdict to stop relegation

£8 Million for Hearts

£2M  for Partick

And Hearts want costs awarded too. 

Thanks for the update. Saves me reading pages and pages of KB because I have been working. Heard on BBC at lunchtime that some past SFA 'lord' was deriding our action and was telling Scotland we would be expelled from competitions and be faced with huge fines. The worst part was that the BBC trumpet who was conducting the interview seemed to enjoy it and never once challenged him, never once asked him if maybe Hearts/PT were aware of the SFA conditions  and never once pointed out that Hearts/PT were the teams that had been wrong done to!!! I DETEST the BBC!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's their grounds against SPFL?

They don’t have grounds against anyone........at the moment.

Guest ToqueJambo
33 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I meant they’ve thought their now legal response through. They’ll now know it would be the SPFL they would have to take to court.

I agree they might not have thought through the repercussions of voting against reconstruction, then again that charge can be libelled at 25 other clubs as well, who, if Hearts and PT are successful, will all be negatively impacted, along with this who did vote yes.

Personally I don’t think many of them thought we would take this to court. Maybe the spin from the SPFL was that we had no case. Maybe they thought we were full of shit. They know the score now though.

This is what I don't understand. Doncaster said he was in favour of the last reconstruction proposal. He wanted clubs to vote for it. So surely he will have stressed how bad a court case would be rather than spinning it as we have no case?

41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Maybe he forgot that the former first minister wrote to the Lithuanian government on our behalf. 

It’s tedious as **** tbh. I get quite emotionally involved in politics myself, and I’m easy if folk want to go down that road, stick it in the shed and off we go. If it’s actually properly football related then stick it in the Terrace and we can talk. It should be kept away from this thread though.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Perhaps the biggest problem for the SPFL is face saving.  It's human nature for people to hate backing down.  They will detest backing down to us.  We're not the OF.

Yes. It's not about the game and its progression. It never was. 

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is what I don't understand. Doncaster said he was in favour of the last reconstruction proposal. He wanted clubs to vote for it. So surely he will have stressed how bad a court case would be rather than spinning it as we have no case?

Doncaster is just a figurehead to be fair... Or a man sized puppet. 🤷

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Im obviously very biased (as are most of those on this thread - one way or the other..)

but how can any reasonable person read that petition and not agree with the points put forward?

the 14-10-10-10 is the logical answer. Hearts and Dundee Utd in prem (ICT lucky bonus club)

Partick and Raith in championship (Falkirk lucky bonus club)

Stranraer and Cove in league 1 (Edinburgh City lucky bonus club)

Brechin, Kelty and Brora in league 2

All at a cost of what? 0.5% to each club? Utter madness that this entire descent into legal carnage has been brought about by the failure of the many to accept the smallest of hits, instead turning a blind eye to the problems visited on the minority. 

scandalous self-interest and it’s al coming home to roost now. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Read the second sentence of the circled paragraph from SPFL's articles. 

Easy win.

Screenshot_20200619-190013_WhatsApp.jpg

If this is actually in the SPFL articles Who TF was stupid enough to put that paragraph in? 

I have had cause over the years to protect myself and business and always use the likes of recorded delivery to prove the letter was sent and delivered, copied AN other in a Fax and the same for an Email.

I have also recorded telephone conversations which have proved most useful in disputes, naughty me. You have to play hard ball with some to get the result you are entitled too.

Edited by 7628mm

Independence
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wow, words fail me>>>>>'As many enemies as Hearts and Partick Thistle may find that they still have enough friends to maintain their SPFL status.'

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

No view on the case. No attempt to discredit Hearts case. No positive stance on the SPFL case. Focus only on procedure. And that sums up our game and the people that 'write' about it. 

Edited by Riccarton3

I think today the prospects of reconstruction went from about 20% up to about 50%.     I think the notional chances of a success of some kind from the petition (if heard and concluded) up from 70% to 90%.     But the scenario of playing in the Championship + millions in compensation down from 40% to 10%

I'm not laying odds though  ;)

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Noted in that article that being 'expelled' from the football association or SPFL would need the same ridiculous voting structure that has constantly defied us. We'll be fine. 

Midloth_Iain

I hope you all realise that regardless of where we play next season, referees will be 'under instruction' to be even more ' anti- Hearts' than normal 😂

4 minutes ago, Independence said:

Thanks for the update. Saves me reading pages and pages of KB because I have been working. Heard on BBC at lunchtime that some past SFA 'lord' was deriding our action and was telling Scotland we would be expelled from competitions and be faced with huge fines. The worst part was that the BBC trumpet who was conducting the interview seemed to enjoy it and never once challenged him, never once asked him if maybe Hearts/PT were aware of the SFA conditions  and never once pointed out that Hearts/PT were the teams that had been wrong done to!!! I DETEST the BBC!!!!!!!

It was commented on here that IF it was the case that Hearts had indeed failed to observe due process , it's weird that club lawyers seemed unaware and also that no one from the SFA  had come forward to make this known or offer to mediate. 

19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Interesting, thanks for posting.  Who would you side with, this guy or Doncaster?  I know which one I'd like to be batting for me.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's so weird. Hearts, Thistle, D Utd, Raith, Cove and the SPFL might all find themselves embroiled in a legal dispute in which they all probably agree 14-10-10-10 is the best solution in the circumstances. So get it done FFS.

Caught up again! Marvelous reading the last few pages...truly marvelous. 

In the words of Blue Oyster Cult, 'don't fear the Reaper.' .....but if you do, trust me, he'll be wearing Maroon!!!

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

And we know who's hand is up his arse :phface:

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Imagine if the SFA were asked by Hearts to intervene before it got this far and didn't respond.

In fact that sounds very likely. Especially since Doncaster is on the SFA board and will have told them all he's got it under control.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Ruud Krol said:

I hope you all realise that regardless of where we play next season, referees will be 'under instruction' to be even more ' anti- Hearts' than normal 😂

Or people realise that we have claws and fangs and won’t be ****ed with anymore

Penalty to Celtic after Boyce is brought down in the Celtic box.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

What's the general view of other countries fans' on this, I wonder?

Is it... :wtfvlad:

Or... :yas:

Or...   :rofl:  ?

All those but under an over-arching

:cornette:

49 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

It is right. The current position is they get promoted. If the court agrees with us, they don't. Therefore, the papers had to be served on them.

Maybe I’m reading too much into the papers Served part of it but assume it’s more of a notification that they are named in our petition. 

It’s been like that since Vlad so it can’t really get much worse. And all this talk about us being the most hated team in Scotland - 34 of the ***** voted to expel us! I honestly can’t think of a scenario that’s worse than that apart from banishing us to the Lowland league. 

heartmussel
3 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

As long as we let them know we are there.,

Just now, Barack said:

What's the general view of other countries fans' on this, I wonder?

Is it... :wtfvlad:

Or... :yas:

Or...   :rofl:  ?

Can just imagine Vlad in his submarine somewhere in the Baltic Sea(poetic licence)

nodding contentedly.:callme:

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

aye who humbly sheweth it ?

I who hath humbly readeth it declareth it to be an open and shut case forby which the SPFL are up 5H1t creek sans paddle.

Thunderstruck

The Petition includes a request for the Counsel’s Opinion relied upon by the SPFL when the whole nonsense began. I suspect that the Memorial (Questions) and Opinion will be illuminating and not in a good way for the SPFL.

39 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Genuinely believe Ian Maxwell at SFA is shit feared on Doncaster/ Lawwell.

He is not a strong leader.

20/3/20

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18328076.ian-maxwell-says-cancelling-season-not-considered-outlines-determination-fulfil-fixtures/

Yet 2 weeks later he was the co-signer of an email to UEFA with claims that the vast majority of SPFL clubs wanted to end the season.

Which was just a little over 3 weeks after the first games were postponed.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When the SPFL got their legal advice prior to the resolution that started this farce (on my reading) Hearts would have had little chance.

But that advice didn't anticipate......

the voting fiasco

the "arbitrary & unfair " way in which play off spots were never completed & Brechin were treated very nicely, thank you

the allegations that the Board have deliberately misled the member clubs on the ability to pay out the monies

I wonder what that advice looks like now. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )