SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

I guess that’s the bit I am unsure on. In the event that this is deemed unlawful can it be overturned, and if so, how do they go about forcing an expansion assuming Dundee Utd still go up ?

i kinda posed the same question to @EthanHunt a minute ago. I realise it’s a really difficult question and I can’t get my own head around it, hence me asking. 

That isn't really our problem - it falls onto Doncaster and chums.  They will have been told they can't expell us, which from our point of view means we would be in the Premiership unless they reversed their decision to end the season if that is even possible.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

It seems from other club web sites we are the new....

'No one likes us we don't care'  target

Edited by CJGJ

5 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I don’t want anyone to go under. There’s people’s jobs and livelihoods at stake. But I want them to feel proper pain :)

Only Hearts as far as I'm concerned. 

Quite flatly, chairman who are suddenly worried about jobs have had ample time to consider that outcome and still thought it acceptable to stay the course. 

Whilst my sympathies do lie with any who lose their job, that is not our fault. Their respective chairmen had the chance to avoid this and out of sheer bloody mindedness decided against doing the one thing which would have ensured Covid-19 created ZERO losers in Scottish football. Ann warned them early doors this was a possibility and they ignored her. This falls entirely on their heads. 

33 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I seems emotion over rules you brains whereas in reality I would have thought his statement is a good thing for us now the first part is over

In court when asked Mr Doncaster why did you state there was sufficient support to go to the indicative vote process when clearly there was not ?..WAS IT A LIE ?

Answer   eh eh eh eh eh eh and on and on

I am now of the belief that we are only going to court for compensation and not reinstatement

We should have went to court first and that would have forced the SPFL hand to push through reconstructions. Time will tell if I what I am thinking is correct.

I did see the statement from Hearts and pleased at least she has not bottled out of court.

highlandjambo3

Where is i8 statement regarding AB’s statement..... I see he popped in a little while ago with his usual anti budge agenda....no doubt hiding now.

Just now, micole said:

Into the trenches we go troops, I really hope this stirs up a shit storm...HHGH!!.

Where do I pay?

11 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Excuse my ignorance,  but could this result in the league curtailment called as null and void even at this late stage.

Because that is my biggest wish in all of this debacle.  

I think if league reconstruction is out the window, and the court rules that Hearts expulsion was illegal...

That and a big bag of cash would just make me so ****ing happy 

Just now, rmreido said:

We should be going for reinstatement to top league first and foremost, i hope that's the case.

plus a few million compensation 

We wouldn't be getting much if anything in the way of compensation if we are reinstated. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

SPFL will presumably be instructing all clubs to say nothing. 

I'm sure anything they do say can only help our case. 

I doubt if some of the publicity hungry tinpot chairmen will be able to keep their mouths shut. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

Whatever happens now, the atmosphere within Scottish football has been irreparably damaged for years to come. The feelings shown towards Hearts, over the last few months, will be reciprocated by the fans, which is a situation that Hearts may have to think seriously about, in the sense of security.
Very few opposing club officials are going to be immune from extreme abuse if they take their seats in the directors area at Tynecastle. The Hearts Directors will have to think seriously about not travelling to some away matches as well, to avoid the same happening to them. This undesirable situation is as a direct result of the way that the SPFL board conducted their business on Good Friday, and the poor conduct of the vast majority of Scottish sports media and pundits, since.

Hearts must come up with some solution or arrangement to eliminate the possibility of the club’s name being tarnished by the emotional reaction to the actions of these people. Withdrawal of facilities to certain journalists and pundits, as well as officials from some clubs, is the easiest and most obvious way of achieving this.

Not a nice situation to find ourselves in, but we need to protect Hearts from further negative coverage.

We need to warn opposing officials that we cannot guarantee their safety,a dn that their fans will be held in after games for 30 minutes for their safety too.

Same applies to certain journalists. They need to consider their safety.

Ex member of the SaS

Doncaster could have ensured none of this happened. He has sat idly by taking a huge wage and fiddled while Rome burned. He has now got to either show he's worthy of such huge income or stand down. This court case should be expanded to cover all the wrongs within Scottish football and a complete rewrite of the rules should begin. First off change the voting system, secondly elect a CEO every four years as having the same one in a job for life, curtails innovation and change for the better.

We have to take this all the way now, to accept a compromise now would be a disaster. Lets go for the jugular. 

JAMBO _MOBY
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Difference with rangers is that, for every fan who boycotts, there will be a dozen buckfast-swilling tramps to take their place.

For every Hearts fan that decides not to fund these pathetic clubs there is nobody there to take their placer. It will hurt if even 50% refuse to go.

I'm still torn on the boycott. one of the things that helped us last time was making some of these shitty little grounds feel like a home game due to the size of our support.

The advantage of having a bigger squad has gone due to the short 27 game season..

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would imagine quiote few jobs at HMFC would be under threat in a 27-game Championship season.

These Chief Execs and owners knew the consequences.

I don’t disagree at all mate. I’ve wanted us to see them in the court from the very first day after the shambles erupted. 

That always was the proper place to sort this out.

But I still don’t want to see any club fold whatever their reasons for opposing reconstruction. It’s just the wrong thing to want.

Apart from Hubz obviously 

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

you not up late tonight Geoff crack open a fosters

Best aussie beers are pure blonde or carlton draught :thumbsup:

gowestjambo

Best news I have heard for a while. All this false posturing can now stop, and we can go for our Competitors and SPFL's throats.

Happy to donate to help our cause.....(get right intae thum!!)

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Statement says "no further comment at this time". As it's a legal matter. 

Lol I was trying to put the message on here and the club released the statement. The club could have waited..

Seriously I'm glad they haven't hung about and put that statement out.

As I said in my message I fully expect the TV / radio / paper media and every tin pot chairman will be given full reign to spout off about the injustices created by Hearts, that Hearts will destroy smaller clubs, Hearts need to think about the bigger picture etc, etc.

The question is, do Doncaster and the SPFL use the "no further comment at this time, as it's now a legal matter" or do they also come out with trying to shame us into submission 

Get this crowd funding up and running so we can all make sure the club do not suffer financially because of the mindless idiots  

Superb statement from the club. 

Just gave a £20 one off payment to the FOH and upped my monthly pledge. Let’s try get as much money in to the club as possible .

As far as the media are concerned Hearts should now only deal and communicate  with Tom English. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Best aussie beers are pure blonde or carlton draught :thumbsup:

You have weird taste buds.

Chuck Berry

Buckle up, could be an interesting ride.

One thing is for sure, very few SPFL clubs will see a penny of my money regardless of the outcome. Very few.  Only Hearts.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, stuartp said:

Get this crowd funding up and running so we can all make sure the club do not suffer financially because of the mindless idiots  

Isn’t that best done via tried and trusted FoH donations?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ok, joint statement from the fan groups please saying now that the only away ground we will attend next season is ICT, irrespective of the outcome. Maroon pounds stay maroon.

highlandjambo3

Right.......

no more statements, complete media blackout, answer no questions.  These a holes will start cutting each others thumbs in the shark pool....popcorn time.

James Anderson statement along the lines of:  “ok, all those who voted for get your applications in, the rest of you...do one”

36 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

so who are the 16 ?

1.us

2.. partick

3.stranraer

4. Edinburgh city ?

5.Rangers ?

6. Celtic ?

7.ITC

8.Falkirk

only hearts.jpg

Entirely a guess, but East Fife? They voted 'no' to ending the league and said they could not vote in a way that was harmful and inequitable to another club. 

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It seems from other club web sites we are the new....

'No one likes us we don't care'  target

I thought that was always the case anyway? 

“Thank you for fighting for us, now allow us to do the same for you.”

If that doesn’t fill you with pride then what does.

13 minutes ago, One five said:

I’m getting my ST now That  I know we have not rolled over to they f****g corrupt tos***s

Ditto

One thing,the shit is going to be thrown at us from every conceivable angle. We will be painted as unsporting, just take your medicine etc. 

It's a fight on many different angles.

So be it. 

6 minutes ago, rmreido said:

We should be going for reinstatement to top league first and foremost, i hope that's the case.

plus a few million compensation 

Depends on where they're taking their claim....a standard court case can't result in the SPFL being forced into reconstruction....they don't have the power.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Mundaydog said:

Lol I was trying to put the message on here and the club released the statement. The club could have waited..

Seriously I'm glad they haven't hung about and put that statement out.

As I said in my message I fully expect the TV / radio / paper media and every tin pot chairman will be given full reign to spout off about the injustices created by Hearts, that Hearts will destroy smaller clubs, Hearts need to think about the bigger picture etc, etc.

The question is, do Doncaster and the SPFL use the "no further comment at this time, as it's now a legal matter" or do they also come out with trying to shame us into submission 

Of course they won’t comment but who gives a **** what they think now?  It’s a done thing. They’ve dug their hole and they’ll absolutely have known the consequences. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

SPFL will presumably be instructing all clubs to say nothing. 

I'm sure anything they do say can only help our case. 

Good point .Be interesting to watch that.quite a few will struggle 

5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

We wouldn't be getting much if anything in the way of compensation if we are reinstated. 

Compensation for taking it to court, surely

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

“Thank you for fighting for us, now allow us to do the same for you.”

If that doesn’t fill you with pride then what does.

It’s a lot better than years of statements saying AB knows best and we have to suck it up. 

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

Of course they won’t comment but who gives a **** what they think now?  It’s a done thing. They’ve dug their hole and they’ll absolutely have known the consequences. 

agree

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Which makes their decision to vote consistently in favour of Hearts expulsion even more ridiculous, as well as voting to drop a place. They lose potentially at least one full house of away fans and a Cup Semi Final...and yet the DR article seems oddly tame on that.

3 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

As far as the media are concerned Hearts should now only deal and communicate  with Tom English. 

Exactly! Starve everyone else and these rags will curl up and die.

14 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

It’s time for the players of the 42 teams to come out with their view as well now seeing as we were told there was initially a majority in favour.  Their own chairmen may have just voted to put them out of work.  Balatoni has already come out with strong views on it and he plays for a team who possibly voted no.

Edin City would almost certainly have voted yes. 

Ex member of the SaS
7 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

We should also be awarded costs though, so this will get us promoted at no expense.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )