SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

13 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

First of all let me apologise to all Jambos on here for all the information I received and posted in good faith. To anyone who thinks I was playing members on here, then you are entitled to your opinion and no doubt your minds are made up. After speaking with LD a short time ago then I have no doubt that his contact was sincere with his information, likewise when it was given to me. I’m as gutted as the rest of us are. I’m also sorry to the members who I have been in private conversation with as this has ended in the most horrific way for us all. Once again I can only apologise for getting people’s hopes us and I include my own on that. Gut wrenching does not even come close to how I feel at the moment. 

As for the crowdfunding page, it was closed down at the request of the management of HMFC as it was felt it was detracting from the objectives of the FOH. They would rather any monies raised to fight a court case is actioned through the FOH ans. it independently. I have respected and complied with  their wishes as such. 

The final tally of £1,295 has been paid over in two instalments.  The first for £1100 and the second for £195. All admin costs were  paid for by myself so our club receives the full amount that was raised. Had I had an incline that this vote was 16-26 against, i may have been inclined to ignore the wishes of the club and kept this going. 

We live to fight another day and will never forget the clubs that have conspired to put us down. 

Always Hearts

Only Hearts 

SJ 

No need to apologise. We are all in this together......now where have I heard that before.  Cheers 

Big Slim Stylee
6 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

fairy nuff

What he forgot to understand is that Deans is a bit of a pompous self-promoting old wind bag.

Scottish football needs to come together, to work together, to improve the game in the whole country and improve the game over all. We need to stop the infighting amongst ALL of us. Hate is a strong word for what is a game. 

At least, that was my thinking a few months ago.

I want a ****ing scorched earth policy now. Full on Genghis Khan levels of blood and destruction. Clubs collapsing, stadiums boarded up. **** it, if there's enough teams left for two divisions, that's a dozen teams too many. 

Everyone had the choice to spread the pain of the upcoming season, to collectively shoulder the burden. Or to choose to inflict it on a select few clubs. They chose the latter. 

Now, I don't know about anyone else but I ****ing love an underdog story. But what I love even more is when the bully's get their come uppance. And I'll love nothing more when their come uppance in this is instance is complete and utter ****ing destruction. 

And the dumb ****ers voted for it to happen. It'll be sweet, sweet tears from these clubs when they collapse, and it'll be even sweeter that the destruction of these tinpot outfits was caused by ****ing us over.

Here it is folks. Later than advertised, maybe. Armageddon. Let's show Sevco how you really destroy Scottish football. 

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good statement by Ann - strong but reasoned and dignified. 

(I don't like stickies but I think there is a case for one here for significant statements and hard news of developments. I am struggling to keep up with this and I have wasted too much time in recent days reading pure speculation about Doncaster and Lawell's supposed plans and efforts to deliver reconstruction)

There will be no ‘real’ news until it hits the Courts. Both sides have to keep their mouths shut, as Mrs Budge stated. 

Ex member of the SaS
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

FoH don’t put any restrictions on how the club use money donated. 

Yes but is there not articles restricting reasons for FOH making the funds available? I thought there were rules that FOH had to abide by and they had to have a vote to change the reasons for making donations.

husref musemic
22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When we win this championship - no ****ing flag, no ****ing Doncaster, trophy straight in the ****ing bin

😂 that's brilliant. 

Big Slim Stylee
23 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

**** them all

How I’m feeling tbh 😀 Struggling to retain a sense of reasonableness 

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

davemclaren
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes but is there not articles restricting reasons for FOH making the funds available? I thought there were rules that FOH had to abide by and they had to have a vote to change the reasons for making donations.

No. 

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

'I don’t understand how Hearts can take this to court when they must have voted to end the season?  It was a unanimous vote? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Am I missing something?'

Can someone please answer this ?

A text message to me from a concerned Hibs supporter 🤔

The phrase unanimous was used by the SPFL but I think this referred to the board rather than the Premiership teams.

Well of it wasn’t for my love of Hearts which I’ve had since way back then Scottish Football for me would be finished. I don’t even pay much attention to the Scottish team because due to the Weegie centric bias and undeniable corruption which imo has drained the life blood of Scottish football I would be doing other things with my hard earned money and time. 

brunoatemyhamster
3 minutes ago, dannymack said:

'I don’t understand how Hearts can take this to court when they must have voted to end the season?  It was a unanimous vote? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Am I missing something?'

Send

" I'm deleting your number" 

Thank me later. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Clearly they missed the whole Dundee voting fiasco! Aside from that why were clubs only asked to vote on ending the league with no other options considered, such as finishing the league? And how can you demote teams into leagues that aren't even going to play or are going to have to pay fewer games, effectively ending them or restricting them as businesses?

Point out to your mate that Scotland is on its own as the only top league demoting teams in this way. Everyone else is restarting or looking at restructuring after court challenges.

Edited by ToqueJambo

16 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

First of all let me apologise to all Jambos on here for all the information I received and posted in good faith. To anyone who thinks I was playing members on here, then you are entitled to your opinion and no doubt your minds are made up. After speaking with LD a short time ago then I have no doubt that his contact was sincere with his information, likewise when it was given to me. I’m as gutted as the rest of us are. I’m also sorry to the members who I have been in private conversation with as this has ended in the most horrific way for us all. Once again I can only apologise for getting people’s hopes us and I include my own on that. Gut wrenching does not even come close to how I feel at the moment. 

As for the crowdfunding page, it was closed down at the request of the management of HMFC as it was felt it was detracting from the objectives of the FOH. They would rather any monies raised to fight a court case is actioned through the FOH ans. it independently. I have respected and complied with  their wishes as such. 

The final tally of £1,295 has been paid over in two instalments.  The first for £1100 and the second for £195. All admin costs were  paid for by myself so our club receives the full amount that was raised. Had I had an incline that this vote was 16-26 against, i may have been inclined to ignore the wishes of the club and kept this going. 

We live to fight another day and will never forget the clubs that have conspired to put us down. 

Always Hearts

Only Hearts 

SJ 

Hey man it’s cool , not your fault it’s went pear shaped we will survive this and be back where we should be .

Keep up the posts mate 👍

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, davemclaren said:

No. 

Ok cheers. Will be making further donations imminently

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

B1V1lA02_reasonably_small.png

Anyone wishing to pledge or make "one off" donations to can do so by following these links https://rewards.foundationofhearts.org/own-the-history-shape-the-future/ Existing pledgers https://rewards.foundationofhearts.org/my-account Only if you can afford to do so.

That’s all fine , but it would be helpful to say that donations would specifically be challenged towards supporting HMFC legal costs ?

Would raise more with that “Battle Cry” ?

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who cares. My view of Scottish football has changed possibly forever. I've been annoyed with it before but I've never seen this level of harm wished on clubs that are already in bad circumstances (like every club) because of a global pandemic beyond their control. 

I don't know I can ever read a magazine like Nutmeg or watch View from the Terrace again with their whimsical, gushing love letters to smaller football clubs in Scotland and the way they paint their fans as true football fans. They're not if they're sitting thinking this is a good result. We'll be fine but these small teams have possibly condemned Thistle in particular to a very uncertain future.

Most of these clubs voted to push fellow teams into potentially fatal financial trouble when everyone is already in trouble?

This has shown Scottish football to be a much bigger cesspit than I realised. I genuinely thought it was mostly 40 vs 2 clubs in Scotland and the OF were the problem. It's not and instead of tackling the real problems in the game, media folk prefer to make out we're this lovable, quirky little football country. We're totally out on our own in Europe as having done this to fellow teams.

Well said!

As for Off the Ball (I always listened), I can no longer accept their stance as the show that fights for the diddy teams.

Whilst it was romantic, it’s now over for me.

Throw them to the wolves!

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

"Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park..."

There's a BIG fitba team that aye makes it's mark

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There will be no ‘real’ news until it hits the Courts. Both sides have to keep their mouths shut, as Mrs Budge stated. 

There will presumably be court announcements 

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

What he forgot to understand is that Deans is a bit of a pompous self-promoting old wind bag.

A slavering Chairman in years gone by as well. Never could work out where he stood on the SMG money. Of course after it went belly up he couldn’t wait to tell folk he was against it from the off. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who cares. My view of Scottish football has changed possibly forever. I've been annoyed with it before but I've never seen this level of harm wished on clubs that are already in bad circumstances (like every club) because of a global pandemic beyond their control. 

I don't know I can ever read a magazine like Nutmeg or watch View from the Terrace again with their whimsical, gushing love letters to smaller football clubs in Scotland and the way they paint their fans as true football fans. They're not if they're sitting thinking this is a good result. We'll be fine but these small teams have possibly condemned Thistle in particular to a very uncertain future.

Most of these clubs voted to push fellow teams into potentially fatal financial trouble when everyone is already in trouble?

This has shown Scottish football to be a much bigger cesspit than I realised. I genuinely thought it was mostly 40 vs 2 clubs in Scotland and the OF were the problem. It's not and instead of tackling the real problems in the game, media folk prefer to make out we're this lovable, quirky little football country. We're totally out on our own in Europe as having done this to fellow teams.

I do understand where you are coming from but if anything this has lit a fire under me.

My passion for hearts is racing back and after CL disillusioned me so much that I dropped my season ticket for the 1st time in Over 25 years.  I have now renewed and bought 2 tickets for my sons and I was really not bothered which division I was in. 

I'm sure this will all change hearts for the better and we will have the fight within the players that has been missing for so long and I'm looking forward to watching it all happen 

Am I surprised with the indicative vote today? No

Was I hoping for reconstruction? Yes

Has my view changed on Scottish Football? Yes. And to be honest I could not be more disconnected to Scottish Football than I was before, but this really takes the piss. 

A massive part of me wanted court, have to say I am ecstatic that we are going down that route. Make no mistake about it, I hope the teams that voted yes for recon all the best, but I really hope that legal action can bring Scottish Football down. 

1 hour ago, AndrewB said:

Love how the URL of the statement is  in part 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8.

If it had been 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-BOOM, it would have been perfect.

Peter Houston... We have a problem... 

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Well of it wasn’t for my love of Hearts which I’ve had since way back then Scottish Football for me would be finished. I don’t even pay much attention to the Scottish team because due to the Weegie centric bias and undeniable corruption which imo has drained the life blood of Scottish football I would be doing other things with my hard earned money and time. 

Been that way for a long time for me. I remember in the 80s wanting Scottish teams, including the old firm, to do well in Europe. Looking forward to international games and going along to U21 internationals. 

As time has gone by my dislike for everything about Scottish football, other than hearts, has increased and peaked today. 

2 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

That’s all fine , but it would be helpful to say that donations would specifically be challenged towards supporting HMFC legal costs ?

Would raise more with that “Battle Cry” ?

Funds all go to the club who decide what to spend it on so it’s one and the same thing. 

Interesting voting numbers.

Id be more inclined to believe that this was more of a "call your bluff" discussion rather than an intelligent thought out process.

Either way, the SPFL now have an expensive fight on their hands and that bill is now officially on the up. 

We shouldnt be starting fighting funds and donating anything at this point either, all losses and costs should be going through the club so it can be reclaimed. 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Given Doncaster said he supported reconstruction, this goes down as yet another whopping failure on his part.

Therein lies the problem, why was it up to hearts to suggest reconstruction?

The pushy wee clubs against it means it was always open to accusations of self interest. The SPFL has shown itself to be rudderless, leaderless, spineless and incompetent.  Either way this vote went it's hard to see how Doncaster can survive 

Big Slim Stylee

A slavering Chairman in years gone by as well. Never could work out where he stood on the SMG money. Of course after it went belly up he couldn’t wait to tell folk he was against it from the off. 

No doubt his forays will have been as unwelcome as an Asian hornet in a beehive here.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Funds all go to the club who decide what to spend it on so it’s one and the same thing. 

Yes - but by Marketing it as “Legal costs” specific , then it would be more powerful and effective as regards raising more funds.

We will only get one shot at this.

gashauskis9
28 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

What was all your 10-2 pish about then, you couldn`t have got it more wrong

Still possible that 10 of the 16 came from the Premiership.

45 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Budge’s swift and decisive action on the temporarily revised player / staff wage structure is looking better and better in hindsight.

Conversely other clubs or commentators on the game who derided the actions and suggested we had financial problems look increasingly short-sited and foolish as deferrals will only create massive issues the further this goes on.

Also, it took a long time to reach that agreement with the players. Let's just watch this one unfold. 😏

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Interesting voting numbers.

Id be more inclined to believe that this was more of a "call your bluff" discussion rather than an intelligent thought out process.

Either way, the SPFL now have an expensive fight on their hands and that bill is now officially on the up. 

We shouldnt be starting fighting funds and donating anything at this point either, all losses and costs should be going through the club so it can be reclaimed. 

If we don’t put money in it’s almost certain that redundancies, both playing and non-playing staff, will start very soon. As soon as the furlough scheme starts to wind down we will be in need of cash. 

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

No doubt his forays will have been as unwelcome as an Asian hornet in a beehive here.

Yes, not for one minute did I think his recent interventions helped our cause. The mans a liability when it comes to Hearts n

Seems Hibs are also releasing 4 of their back room staff including Combe, Makel and Grant Murray

Indicating no reserve for them ?

Rumour only but all over some twitter accounts

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good post. I’ve already cancelled my nutmeg subscription and I won’t watch A View From The Terrace again. My interest in Scottish football beyond Hearts ended the day that 34 clubs decided to expel us. Like you, this has really opened my eyes to the selfish, myopic stupidity and hatefulness that reaches across all

of Scottish football. 

To the question on why there was a unanimous vote to end the season because there was no likelihood of it starting again thats not the same thing as the vote to relegate teams otherwise clubs werent getting their cash.

You know im now starting to be quite cool on the whole thing, if its true our legal

costs are getting covered by JA and the beneficiaries are going to keep investing for 5 years then as a club we are more financially stable than most.

Adding in a potential compensation claim and a fair few clubs could be in bother, which again now doesnt bother me.

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Still possible that 10 of the 16 came from the Premiership.

Not a chance. Hearts, ICT, Thistle, Stranraer, Falkirk, Edin City all definite yes votes, Forfar have said they voted yes. 

This won’t be popular but whilst we go to war with the SPFL, and rightly so, we need to look at ourselves...
The club has gone soft and that needs to be addressed. We need to slash costs and rebuild a model that is based on results on the pitch, we’ve become a retirement opportunity and a place for the underachiever where Football is one of many competing  priorities.
In short we have been wronged but  equally we have got things badly wrong. Both of these need addressed. 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Seems Hibs are also releasing 4 of their back room staff including Combe, Makel and Grant Murray

Indicating no reserve for them ?

Rumour only but all over some twitter accounts

There won’t be Reserve football until we have a vaccine or the virus has gone. Testing is way too expensive for that plus the need for officials etc. Bad news for a lot of young footballers. 

We should invite Partick Thistle to come along for the ride at no extra cost to them, they were shockingly shafted. Maybe Stranraer as well.

24 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Don’t apologies mate there is no need

the majority know it was in good faith 

chin up

Seconded.

We are dealing with duplicitous rats that no one could trust.

I'm not going to get mad, I'm going to do everything in my power to help us get even.

We all need to move on together on the same side.

Here is a question.

At court  do Hearts fight this as a whole issue and bring Partick into this or fight it on their own front.

From my perspective if you fight this with a view of Partick then its a slam dunk and by rectifying that issue Hearts win anyway.

I hope Partick issue a statement saying they are joining us in respect to the legal case even if in name only.

Edited by Jamboelite

Big Slim Stylee

Yes, not for one minute did I think his recent interventions helped our cause. The mans a liability when it comes to Hearts n

That letter would have put my back up, no doubt. There are times when quiet diplomacy works. I understand they were livid.

ford donald
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

She might not though. She has already said before she wouldn't "fight it to the death", so let's wait and see. 

Legal challenge started,Yes!

1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

This won’t be popular but whilst we go to war with the SPFL, and rightly so, we need to look at ourselves...
The club has gone soft and that needs to be addressed. We need to slash costs and rebuild a model that is based on results on the pitch, we’ve become a retirement opportunity and a place for the underachiever where Football is one of many competing  priorities.
In short we have been wronged but  equally we have got things badly wrong. Both of these need addressed. 

Take that shite to a thread where it has some relevance.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )