SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, CJGJ said:

so you say....though others do not..is it okay to disagree ? .....thought I'd ask just in case

😂 asks the guy who shot down an opinion that we’d been played. It’s ok to have an opinion you agree with is more accurate. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

While I'm glad this is happening finally, and hopefully it's just me being a miserable bugger, but I think the best case scenario here is a few mil in compensation. What would be folks expectations on a result?

15 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

We better not take this without a fight. That and any Hearts fan that doesn’t boycott away games.... 

Way to lay it at the feet of the fans.  Whether they go to away games or not isn't really any of your business.  Love the internet mentality that people think they can dictate what others should and shouldn't do.  Usually spouted by those that never go to away games themselves. So they lose nothing, but get to act all high and mighty. If you don't want to go to away games, don't.  But both you and i know folk will.  Just as the Rangers fans did.

But on the bright side, at least you can sit in your house every other Saturday and scoff at your fellow fans. So it's not a complete travesty.  I'm awaiting the first "omfg, cancel your SKY sub".  Then we'll have went full Rangers then.

Edited by BlackJAC?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

"To our amazing fans we say that we cannot, and will not, sit idly by and watch the decisions made in the past few months further damage Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Thank you for fighting for us, now allow us to do the same for you."

Absolutely wonderful stuff!!! Pwoud.

Aussie Jambo

It’s magic you know.. gonnae be Gorgie Aggro. 👏👏👏

What a statement.❤️❤️G❤️

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

It is amazing how many people do not know what a five bar gate is, like it 😀 

Is that what it's called 😂 

kingantti1874

Put your the petty annoyances we all share to one side, we are fighting a nest of snakes.. circle the wagons and do what ever you can for your club

buy your ST, donate whatever you can to the foundation, buy some merchandise and above all, make sure every ****ing club who has wronged us gets some sort of smack in the face and boycott the mother****ing shit out of them.. and if we can’t go to the games then make sure you don’t ****ing buy it from their TV. 

8 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Fully expect if Budge pushes the nuclear button the TV / radio / paper media and every tin pot chairman will be given full reign to spout off about the injustices created by Hearts, that Hearts will destroy communities etc. Completely forgetting that they same chairmen caused this situation.

Hate to say it by I think reconstruction is now dead. Doncaster and the rest of them had a quick look at Belgium and France and have now shut their eyes, put their fingers in their ears and are now shouting blah, blah, blah to ignore the noise.

This is now about screwing the SPFL for every single penny possible.

Has it been mentioned what the uptakes been for Mr Anderson's money?

Clyde asking fans for money today, what does the Doncaster and the SPFL do if Inverness, Partick, Falkirk or Stranraer or someone else go out of business in the next couple of months..

Ann Budge needs to get a statement out asap to at least tell us Hearts fans what she is doing next. 

Statement says "no further comment at this time". As it's a legal matter. 

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

We are going to get untold criticism, harrasment, out right lies from the media. 

Fxxxing Good. 

You wanted it, you've got it. 

I hope this kills every single rotten two bit kiddie on football team up here. 

It's what they've voted for for 2 months. 

Awaiting boycott threats from teams like Ayr, QOS and the rest. 

We don't want your one minibus full. We don't need it. 

It’s time for the players of the 42 teams to come out with their view as well now seeing as we were told there was initially a majority in favour.  Their own chairmen may have just voted to put them out of work.  Balatoni has already come out with strong views on it and he plays for a team who possibly voted no.

My favourite bit was this 

"We can hold our heads up high as we have acted at all times with integrity, common sense and with the best interests of Scottish football at heart"

a big F you to all the muppet chairman & woman!! 

Rogue Daddy

Great statement!

BRING IT ON!... and to **** with everyone else! No more Mr Nice guy. 

10 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Perhaps the strangest part of all this sorry business, is Dundee's changed vote, what exactly have they gained from doing that?

League reconstruction was always a bit of a long shot, the decision that should quite rightly have been challenged was the one taken back in April, to give the SPFL board executive power to end the season early. It is pretty obvious that we could have played the 19/20 season to a conclusion, even if it was behind closed doors.

I don’t be understand what they were thinking at all, even more so now. I can only think of negatives for their club doing this. It’s a strange one. Maybe hear more about it during the court case. 

8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Quote:

Thank you for fighting for us, now allow us to do the same for you”

Instant erection

ya fk n beauty 

Brought a tear to my eye😂. Love the Hearts

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I don’t want anyone to go under. There’s people’s jobs and livelihoods at stake. But I want them to feel proper pain :)

Those who lose their jobs need to go their own chairmen and ask why he voted to make them redundant? The fans of these clubs should be asking why their chairmen allowed their clubs to die. I have sympathy for those who lose their jobs BUT it's not our fault! They know who to blame and it's not us.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I don’t want anyone to go under. There’s people’s jobs and livelihoods at stake. But I want them to feel proper pain :)

I would imagine quiote few jobs at HMFC would be under threat in a 27-game Championship season.

These Chief Execs and owners knew the consequences.

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Great statement. Everybody needs to note the last paragraph.  It’s legal now and the club have to do this right. Hearts Only, be calm and let the legal team do its stuff . Stay together 

HHGH

The club can confirm that the necessary steps have been taken to begin this legal challenge.  Given that this is now an active legal matter, the club will be offering no further comment at this time.

To our amazing fans we say that we cannot, and will not, sit idly by and watch the decisions made in the past few months further damage Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Thank you for fighting for us, now allow us to do the same for you.

Yeah, its actually kinda important that the ITK'ers maybe keep things to themselves going forward.  

I don't just want to win. I want to utterly destroy them. I want blood. That may be jeopardised if stuff starts leaking willynilly. This is ultimately a publicly accessible message board and you really don't want anything to be undermined by well meaning posters. 

Some statement though. Wholesome and warm whilst bringing the absolute hammer down on these shitehawk clubs that are trying to condemn us to this. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Hmmm because 26 clubs wanted us bust, and cared not a jot about any of our staff? I want as many dead as possible,

Can we have a star above our crest for every club that dies

Great idea 👍🏽

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

😂 asks the guy who shot down an opinion that we’d been played. It’s ok to have an opinion you agree with is more accurate. 

okay..I accept your opinion  🙂

42 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nothing to add at this stage but a did say vote would fail and I did say Doncaster and co wouldn't take an executive decision 

‘Nothing to add’ just about sums you and your chums up right enough.

Glamorgan Jambo

Remember if we are playing in the championship the vast majority of the games will be on the BBC Scotland channel. Not one penny to away teams for their in house channels. Especially Dunfermline and Dundee.

For those who have been asking about a funding page.  There was one but it has been deactivated. 

Edited by SUTOL

Clark Griswold
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We are at war with the rest of Scottish football.

:sweeet:

Beautiful isn’t it. Mon the Hearts

1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

The man’s an *******. The fact that you and I recognise that should surely make you understand that nobody at Hearts has been “strung along”? They know a weasel as well as us.

I don’t think we’ve had any real option but to let him string us along. I think the fact we’ve played his silly games will stand us in good stead in court. I wasn’t criticising hearts just stating the obvious, to me anyway, that he’s played us for time.

He’s a devious crook who won’t be savouring having to explain why he spent 9 hours on the phone to Nelms on the weekend of the original resolution amongst many other questions. 

Borders Jambo

Superb statement and what I would have expected.  I get the impression that statement was pretty much ready to be released as soon as confirmation was received.

In terms of any crowdfunding effort  to help with the legal challenge costs, is this something that could be incorporated into a sticky on this site - moderators? 

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

It’s time for the players of the 42 teams to come out with their view as well now seeing as we were told there was initially a majority in favour.  Their own chairmen may have just voted to put them out of work.  Balatoni has already come out with strong views on it and he plays for a team who possibly voted no.

SPFL will presumably be instructing all clubs to say nothing. 

I'm sure anything they do say can only help our case. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We are at war with the rest of Scottish football.

:sweeet:

you not up late tonight Geoff crack open a fosters

Great statement.

Now lets see what happens when the real press and media start reading about what has been happening in the SPFL........and why Scotland is the only country in Europe that is relegating teams due to COVID.

****ing embarassing.

And people wonder why everyone else in the world laughs at Scottish football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53053246

Hearts have started a legal challenge against their relegation after clubs failed to back league reconstruction.

The Tynecastle oufit - along with Partick Thistle and Stranraer - have had their demotions confirmed after only 16 SPFL clubs indicated they would support an expanded top flight.

Hearts say they are are "disappointed, yet sadly not surprised" by the news.

A club statement confirmed that the "necessary steps" have been taken to start legal proceedings.

"We have stated from the beginning that the unjust and unfair treatment of Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer, and indeed other clubs, cannot be allowed to go unchallenged," a statement read.

"While many weeks have been wasted in trying to find a solution, we must now formally challenge this outcome. Now that all other avenues are closed, we are left with no choice but to proceed with a legal challenge."

The SPFL say their board has now "agreed to draw a line under reconstruction talks" and the current 12-10-10-10 set-up will remain.

That means Hearts are consigned to the Scottish Championship, Partick Thistle to the League One and Stranraer to League Two.

It also means that Lowland League champions Kelty Hearts and Highland League counterparts Brora Rangers will not be invited to join the SPFL.

Hearts reiterated their belief that no club should be disadvantaged unnecessarily amid the Covid-19 pandemic and say the failure to avoid doing so is "an unfortunate condemnation of Scottish football".

The Edinburgh club say they must now act on behalf of their supporters, employees and sponsors.

"We cannot, and will not, sit idly by and watch the decisions made in the past few months further damage Heart of Midlothian Football Club," the statement added, addressing the fans.

"Thank you for fighting for us, now allow us to do the same for you."

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, BlackJAC? said:

Way to lay it at the feet of the fans.  Whether they go to away games or not isn't really any of your business.  Love the internet mentality that people think they can dictate what others should and shouldn't do.  Usually spouted by those that never go to away games themselves. So they lose nothing, but get to act all high and mighty. If you don't want to go to away games, don't.  But both you and i know folk will.  Just as the Rangers fans did.

But on the bright side, at least you can sit in your house every other Saturday and scoff at your fellow fans. So it's not a complete travesty.  I'm awaiting the first "omfg, cancel your SKY sub".  Then we'll have went full Rangers then.

Difference with rangers is that, for every fan who boycotts, there will be a dozen buckfast-swilling tramps to take their place.

For every Hearts fan that decides not to fund these pathetic clubs there is nobody there to take their placer. It will hurt if even 50% refuse to go.

brunoatemyhamster
5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

We tried mate, we really did. 

Feel for guy just even playing part time for the fun of it. 

Not fair on them that these pretendy, want to sit at the big boys table chairmen can't see the wood for the trees. 

Our conscience should be clear. Especially when this is ALL going to be our fault going forward. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, JimmyCant said:

‘Nothing to add’ just about sums you and your chums up right enough.

Well what do you want me to add ? I said over the weekend vote would fail , a said Doncaster wouldn't take executive decision and a said Mrs Budge and her legal team would take legal action  

Haringshairband
5 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

It is amazing how many people do not know what a five bar gate is, like it 😀 

Is that not a technique in painting?

SectionDJambo

Whatever happens now, the atmosphere within Scottish football has been irreparably damaged for years to come. The feelings shown towards Hearts, over the last few months, will be reciprocated by the fans, which is a situation that Hearts may have to think seriously about, in the sense of security.
Very few opposing club officials are going to be immune from extreme abuse if they take their seats in the directors area at Tynecastle. The Hearts Directors will have to think seriously about not travelling to some away matches as well, to avoid the same happening to them. This undesirable situation is as a direct result of the way that the SPFL board conducted their business on Good Friday, and the poor conduct of the vast majority of Scottish sports media and pundits, since.

Hearts must come up with some solution or arrangement to eliminate the possibility of the club’s name being tarnished by the emotional reaction to the actions of these people. Withdrawal of facilities to certain journalists and pundits, as well as officials from some clubs, is the easiest and most obvious way of achieving this.

Not a nice situation to find ourselves in, but we need to protect Hearts from further negative coverage.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great idea 👍🏽

Joking aside, we should unfurl a new star at the ground for every club that goes under.

I’m fantasising here, but could you imagine a null and void, after those pictures of Celtic players and manager cuddling the trophy!

JUDGE: ‘I’m afraid Celtic will need to hand back that trophy, as they did not win it’.

SPFL/CELTIC: ‘Why, your Honour?’.

JUDGE: ‘Because the Gorgie Boys are in Town!’.

1986 (calling from the the past): ‘How d’ya like those apples?’.

🇱🇻

will-i-am-a-jambo
20 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Arguing with a Tim about this and he/it is claiming the season can be ended after 75% of games are played if agreed by the board. I'm checking the rules but cant see this. Is this right or are they just adding shite to justify their dodgy title?

Just ask your Celtic pal if he would've been happy about us being awarded the title in 1986 after 75% of games had been played.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Don’t they take a percentage of the donations ?

It's been deactivated anyway, sorry for any false hopes!

3 minutes ago, Defender said:

While I'm glad this is happening finally, and hopefully it's just me being a miserable bugger, but I think the best case scenario here is a few mil in compensation. What would be folks expectations on a result?

We should be going for reinstatement to top league first and foremost, i hope that's the case.

plus a few million compensation 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )