SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

comradejambo

Season ticket renewed just now! Was always going to renew but thought today of all days is a good time to back the club to show support! Club has taken the right path. I am right behind them! Always Hearts

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Shanghai Hearts
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d agree. The two thousand or so of us that go to most away games should maybe each make a contribution of 15 *£20 upfront to help offset legal costs. That’s about £600k into the fighting fund just to get it started. I’m up for it. 

I think this is a great idea, although not a regular at all away games, those I would attended next season, I would be happy to donate to the club and not those who voted relegate ourselves, Thistle and Stranraer  

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Doubt it. Ending the season and the points per game bollocks were all legal and proper. It was the later & seperate clubs vote to demote Hearts  that is the problem.

No it wasn’t or is at least up for debate.  The Partick senior QC said that the resolution failed as Dundee voted no. The vote to call the leagues was the same vote that resulted in relegations and promotions in the lower leagues.  For the Premiership it basically agreed to Celtic winning the title and Hearts relegated but giving the power to the SPFL to delay that decision. 

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Exactly what we needed from our club.

I would suggest that instead of loads of supporters putting money into a go fundme page thing for legal costs it would be much much better to put your money into FOH.

The club have said they will fight this for us, no need for us to put our hands in our pockets, they have it covered.

Or straight to the club via season tickets or donations. 

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Forfar are the first club to confirm they voted for reconstruction, thats 9 more to go.

Great, it's still 'safe' to have a bridie! 

heatonjambo
8 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

True, but there is literally nothing else for them to focus their attention on now. 

We are going to get it REALLY bad from EVERY angle now. 

Auldreekie1874
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Let’s see the outrage these feckers get from all the pundits that lined up to kick us!!!

Quite, particularly looking forward to Tam McAnus's take on things 

5 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Budge’s swift and decisive action on the temporarily revised player / staff wage structure is looking better and better in hindsight.

Conversely other clubs or commentators on the game who derided the actions and suggested we had financial problems look increasingly short-sited and foolish as deferrals will only create massive issues the further this goes on.

I wonder what that trumpet Tam McManus thinks about that:rofl:

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye. 

A definitive list of ****s is required. 

34 clubs voted to expel us. What any of them did after that is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We really haven't. 

We knew it would go this way. 

We have ticked every box en route to the courts which is painstaking,  but hopefully ultimately worthwhile 

This.  Part of the process is demonstrating to the courts that all other avenues have been considered.  Frustrating for the support, but necessary for the club.

Just now, Haken said:

Well, if they've any sense they will offer no comment for exactly the same reasons we have.  That's standard practice in any matter put before the courts.

Not had any court dealings so was expecting the 'No comment' from Doncaster but in my head I'm expecting some b/s statement from them about 'The SPFL committee have done all they can, it's the clubs decisions etc, etc - no further comment'.

Our names been mud for months now, fully expecting the Keith Jackson 'SPFL sources' exclusives to ram up 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We really haven't. 

We have ticked every box en route to the courts which is painstaking,  but hopefully ultimately worthwhile 

Exactly. Everything we have done has been done to strengthen the legal case. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d agree. The two thousand or so of us that go to most away games should maybe each make a contribution of 15 *£20 upfront to help offset legal costs. That’s about £600k into the fighting fund just to get it started. I’m up for it. 

If all FOH members did a one off 'matching' of their monthly contribution that would be a great start too.

Edited by DETTY29

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Doncaster knows the sequence. He is saying all the right things his side of the fence 

He has played it well from the perspective of self defence. The clubs have forced this situation will be his argument. 

I expect he will also convey a message about saying nothing but there will be leaks galore in the press. The biggest issue for him is persuading some of the more maverick chairmen in the league from saying anything in the press. That may prove difficult. 

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Those fkwits burned two sell out derby games with associated hospitality and then shit on their employees and players to pay for it. Hobonomics in the extreme.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Forfar are on the bad guys list.

Just  9.99 out of 10 bad guy,rather than 10.

They voted yes today?? 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I cant wait for the outcry to begin  how dare they,how very dare they

😂😂😂

I wonder if Tam will be saying the players should tell the club to **** off?  I’m sure he’ll be consistent.  Hope you guys with Twitter are all over him!

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That isn't really our problem - it falls onto Doncaster and chums.  They will have been told they can't expell us, which from our point of view means we would be in the Premiership unless they reversed their decision to end the season if that is even possible.

Said it from day dot and still waiting to hear why N+V wasn’t the selected option especially when recon was never going to be passed 

All this talk from the SPFL that no decision can favour everybody etc.

if this is the case, then it should have been down to Utd and the likes not being promoted 

And nae title for septic either 

Yes, that would favour us and I’m certainly no legal expert but on what basis can you award prizes and penalties where any tournament can’t have its fixtures completed, and is obligated to do so for all participating teams.?

In any sport, not just football 

N*V might seem a tad harsh on Utd, Septic and the likes but it’s no different to what has happened to us. 

the argument here is do u dish out the prizes after rain stops play - in any tournament in sport ?

No, you bloody well don’t, therefore it’s these afore mentioned clubs, and all the other clubs in promotion spots, that should be penalised in this instance and certainly not us. 

Talk about arse from elbow decision making. This is a classic case of it.

jambogirlglasgow
7 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Budge’s swift and decisive action on the temporarily revised player / staff wage structure is looking better and better in hindsight.

Conversely other clubs or commentators on the game who derided the actions and suggested we had financial problems look increasingly short-sited and foolish as deferrals will only create massive issues the further this goes on.

Not a bad call for a “retired businesswoman.”

8 minutes ago, make a noise said:

Right those on the fence, let’s sell out all our season tickets. Show them all that we are fully behind the club! 👏🏻
Can we have a bake sale? 😂

I have been holding off to see how this sorry saga has panned out. When the court papers go in I am renewing my season ticket

Oh and space cake for me please.

Just now, Mundaydog said:

Not had any court dealings so was expecting the 'No comment' from Doncaster but in my head I'm expecting some b/s statement from them about 'The SPFL committee have done all they can, it's the clubs decisions etc, etc - no further comment'.

Our names been mud for months now, fully expecting the Keith Jackson 'SPFL sources' exclusives to ram up 

Doncaster will use agents to do his sniping for him.  Wait for individuals not directly connected to the action to start appearing.  This is going to be messy.

1 minute ago, Zico said:

34 clubs voted to expel us. What any of them did after that is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. 

Is it not 26 ?

Just now, Zico said:

Aye, ok. 

Best to have a list of the good guys. 

Short and sweet. 

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye. 

A definitive list of ****s is required. 

The original list of the clubs who voted against ending the season early and also in favour of investigating the issues in the Rangers dossier are:

Hearts, Rangers, ICT, Partick, Falkirk, East Fife, Stranraer, Edinburgh City.

I assume that they were 8 of the 16 clubs who were in favour of reconstruction, so there are 8 more who might deserve a pass because they ultimately changed their minds and tried to rectify the unfairness in the most recent indicative poll. Hopefully we will find out who they were. As for all the rest though...

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The various concerns laid out in the Rangers dossier and the debacle of the Dundee vote might disagree with you on that point.

Which part ? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

They voted yes today?? 

Yes but remember it was their chairman on Sportsound who said they were budgeting for Partick and Falkirk's travelling support.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

They voted yes today?? 

Yep which is why I gave them 0.01 of a leeway.

I remember how they voted initially and their chairman's statement about not being about money but looking forward to Partick's and Falkirk's away support to significantly increase income when the season got started.

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If all FOH members did a one off 'matching' of their monthly contribution that would be a great start too.

Agreed

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Time to get the wallet out.

Absolutley, I hope the FOH come up with a specific fighting fund donation vehicle so that it'll be clear to everybody how much the fans donate to this as I suspect it'll be a considerable amount. 

2 minutes ago, Haken said:

This.  Part of the process is demonstrating to the courts that all other avenues have been considered.  Frustrating for the support, but necessary for the club.

We also need to bear in mind that that will also apply to the SPFL defence. They will say that they gave every possible chance to avoid this blah blah. 

Can't wait for this....they should broadcast it like the OJ trial...PPV would make a bomb.

22games nro
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

so who are the 16 ?

1.us

2.. partick

3.stranraer

4. Edinburgh city ?

5.Rangers ?

6. Celtic ?

7.ITC

8.Falkirk

9.forfar

Forfar are the first club to confirm they voted for reconstruction, thats 9 more to go.

Ainsley Harriott
26 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Just ask your Celtic pal if he would've been happy about us being awarded the title in 1986 after 75% of games had been played.

I genuinely think Neil Lennon has added bits to their copy of the rule book with his crayons 

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I have been holding off to see how this sorry saga has panned out. When the court papers go in I am renewing my season ticket

Oh and space cake for me please.

That sounds like a great idea!

47 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I am worried that "if" we end up in the Championship and "win" it there will be no promotion or relegation as we did not complete a full season. Just the sort of twisted thing ND and the SPFL will come up with.

The rules regarding the shortened season will need to be specifically worded to reflect that. They will need to confirm the basis of promotion and playoffs.

Our lawyers will need to be happy that we at least are starting the season on the basis that we can be promoted.

Clearly as has happened this season if next season were to be curtailed then who knows what further dirty deeds could be done.

However I would think it unlikely that next season would need to curtailed unless a further wave of Covid arose.

We would have another strong legal challenge if the premier teams tried to cancel relegation midway through next season simply because they didnt want it. 

But hey, this is Scottish football...

26 minutes ago, OTT said:

Only Hearts as far as I'm concerned. 

Quite flatly, chairman who are suddenly worried about jobs have had ample time to consider that outcome and still thought it acceptable to stay the course. 

Whilst my sympathies do lie with any who lose their job, that is not our fault. Their respective chairmen had the chance to avoid this and out of sheer bloody mindedness decided against doing the one thing which would have ensured Covid-19 created ZERO losers in Scottish football. Ann warned them early doors this was a possibility and they ignored her. This falls entirely on their heads. 

My sentiments exactly.  Their clubs didn't give any thought to those at Hearts who could lose their jobs, so why should we give a **** about them.  

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Which part ? 

The fact that you said that "Ending the season and the points per game bollocks were all legal and proper."

I imagine that the irregularities around that original vote will form a significant part of our case.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No it wasn’t or is at least up for debate.  The Partick senior QC said that the resolution failed as Dundee voted no. The vote to call the leagues was the same vote that resulted in relegations and promotions in the lower leagues.  For the Premiership it basically agreed to Celtic winning the title and Hearts relegated but giving the power to the SPFL to delay that decision. 

It is in the powers of the member clubs and board to act to end the season. Thats what their QC said. The handling of the resolution is a different ball game. And that resolution didn"t  cause Hearts to be relegated.

22 minutes ago, stuartp said:

Get this crowd funding up and running so we can all make sure the club do not suffer financially because of the mindless idiots  

Why not just make 'one off' donations to FOH ? 

You can do this by opening an account on their website if you haven't already. 

That way the club gets 100% of any money raised. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Boof said:

Any chance of a c 'n' p so I don't need to click?

The vermin want to make wage cuts after all.

5 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Exactly. Everything we have done has been done to strengthen the legal case. 

Caveat would be TIMING. Was there scope for earlier action as was taken in France and Belguim? Yes, the case may have been strengthened but the casualty may be reconstruction and top flight status

His name is

A few posters seemed quite knowledgeable on civil law, what it's the next step and how quickly can we expecting any sort of results?

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep which is why I gave them 0.01 of a leeway.

I remember how they voted initially and their chairman's statement about not being about money but looking forward to Partick's and Falkirk's away support to significantly increase income when the season got started.

Not giving him much credit for listening to our argument, thinking about it and then seeing common sense are you? People willing to admit mistakes and take corrective action are the brave guys these days. They are, sadly, also very rare, esp in Scottish football. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The vermin want to make wage cuts after all.

Saving up to pay for our damages!

buzzbomb1958
43 minutes ago, flem said:

Happy with this statement pleasantly surprised.

Hope we take it all the way and send some of these clubs that voted for our demise under. 

Just opened my first beer ooh this is gonna be sweet

Greedy Jambo
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We really haven't. 

Aye, "hopefully" is the word.

It just seems like one kick in the nuts after another. 

This hibs wage cuts have taken the edge of it a bit, at least. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )