SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

They will change their mind again by the time the actual vote is needed.

This charade feels like a swinging pendulum where they align with what we want briefly.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Why does it feel like the indicative vote will now be very high (even if not a pass), and by the time the real vote comes next week we will be screwed over again

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Here’s an alternative reconstruction theory

12-16-16

Keep top flight as 12, protect the old firm
And their precious status quo 

Championship teams + top 6 in league 1 last year make the ‘new championship’
Bottom 4 league 1, the  10 league 2 and the lowland / highland league champions make league 1

Premiership stays as is
New Championship and league 1 are 30 game, 1 home 1 away

Champions promoted to premiership 2nd place play off v the 2nd bottom Premiership

Bottom 2 in championship relegated automatically, top 2 league 1 promoted straight away
Bottom 2 league 1 relegated, highland / lowland league winners replace them 

Relegated teams from league 1 go into the league they are geographically assigned to

dont get me wrong, I HATE the 12 team Top tier and split thing, and having a league of 16 (championship) with only 1 promotion automatically and a playoff isn’t ideal, but working with what I’ve got.

its just something I’ve thought up this afternoon but would appreciate any feedback. 

Not sure if Hearts would vote to relegate themselves to be honest

31 minutes ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

B886C8DA-38DD-4A6D-AE2F-2241597AF42A.png

I cannae cope! I preferred going into tomorrow with no hope and preparing for court. Still think it will be taken away from us though. Emotional rollercoaster!

7 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Doncaster will ask Hibs and County to abstain to save face with their supporters.  As a result of their technically being no ‘no’ votes, they’ll push it through (all imo of course).  

hibs will look for what's best for there club. the loss of two home games against Hearts and £120,000 gates will of concern... maybe not what Hibs supports want but what's best for the club form a financial point of view....... if someone can point to a link where hibs board have said there against, as I have yet to see one... it makes sense for hibs to back reconstruction if only from a financial position, there would also be TV cash for any Hearts v Hibs games....

Edited by b-reed

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Frankly, if Doncaster tells the dissenting Prem teams that Hearts are going for an interdict and have 50/50 chance of getting it, maybe Lawell backs him up, how could anyone still stand?

When the only reason seems to be "we dinny like Hearts/ICT"

And as others have said, if it fails by one overall vote, surely it'll be pushed thru...

Yup, it is clear that Doncaster needs to tell them that "it helps your rivals" doesn't work in a court as reasonable reason to dismiss reconstruction and make teams suffer.

Doubt the SPFL can do this, but would love if Doncaster told Hibs and County that if they are the only teams stopping reconstruction and the SPFL lose the case and have to pay out all the money, the SPFL will look to recover that money from those two.

Boyces beard
6 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Here’s an alternative reconstruction theory

12-16-16

Keep top flight as 12, protect the old firm
And their precious status quo 

Championship teams + top 6 in league 1 last year make the ‘new championship’
Bottom 4 league 1, the  10 league 2 and the lowland / highland league champions make league 1

Premiership stays as is
New Championship and league 1 are 30 game, 1 home 1 away

Champions promoted to premiership 2nd place play off v the 2nd bottom Premiership

Bottom 2 in championship relegated automatically, top 2 league 1 promoted straight away
Bottom 2 league 1 relegated, highland / lowland league winners replace them 

Relegated teams from league 1 go into the league they are geographically assigned to

dont get me wrong, I HATE the 12 team Top tier and split thing, and having a league of 16 (championship) with only 1 promotion automatically and a playoff isn’t ideal, but working with what I’ve got.

its just something I’ve thought up this afternoon but would appreciate any feedback. 

Eh .who would compensate us for the loss of earnings due to being demoted through no fault of our own?

The Verminator
Just now, AHS51 said:

I cannae cope! I preferred going into tomorrow with no hope and preparing for court. Still think it will be taken away from us though. Emotional rollercoaster!

I know, one minute you are down, the next minute you`re back up again - just get it over with and we can move on to the next step, be that court or pissing ourselves laughing at the Flumps

jamboinglasgow

I do wonder if the SPFL has cut a deal with the championship clubs to provide them with more money this coming season, which suspect the Championship were using their position as blocking reconstruction to get.

Hello Leann, it's Ann here.  I'm really sorry but we've only sold 17 of the 3,800 tickets you sent us for the next game at the Giro.  I'm sending the rest back to you. On the other hand, $30 one- off donations to the FoH have rocketed.  Have a nice day.

Malinga the Swinga

Thank god I have real work to concentrate on tomorrow morning. Don't believe I can take yet another morning of this. By the time I look here again, vote will be over and we will know where we stand.

Can't say I ever felt the Championship would be a stumbling block. Outside of Hearts and ICT we only needed 4 of the other 8 to back it.

Edited by hughesie27

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Can't say I ever felt the Championship would be a stumbling block. Outskde of Hearts and ICT we only needed 4 of the other 8 to back it.

Up till now, I don't believe we had any support other than ICT. 

40 minutes ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

B886C8DA-38DD-4A6D-AE2F-2241597AF42A.png

Find it hard to believe a word they say now. Could all just be part of the ploy to drag this out as long as possible.

The Verminator
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thank god I have real work to concentrate on tomorrow morning. Don't believe I can take yet another morning of this. By the time I look here again, vote will be over and we will know where we stand.

Wii we though? I think no matter what the vote is tomorrow, it will still move ahead to a formal vote and we will still have to wait for the answer

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Find it hard to believe a word they say now. Could all just be part of the ploy to drag this out as long as possible.

Yep. Trust no-one.

The Verminator
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Yeah, the wording is rather ambiguous. Still, it`s way better than it saying, "Well, it`s a No from the Championship clubs"

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

last week we were having a vote Monday. then it was a vote on Monday to have a vote on Wednesday… now were told the if we have a vote Monday then well have another vote next week.... certainly a ploy to drag this out... could have had the vote last Wednesday when they had talks and said no to hearts and rangers proposals, had a vote then to have the vote tomorrow...

Edited by b-reed

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Tough ****ing titties. They need to start having some robust conversations with their peers then.

and take it out on Hibs and Ross County.

that is my concern

We'll know tomorrow. I expect a LOT of pressure being applied to dissenting clubs. If there's still no vote, then court action should follow. Then the vote will follow as will reconstruction.

Just my tuppence. Nothing to back it up.

Looking forward to this documentary!

To be fair to everyone involved in this omnishambles, it has given us all something to focus on while there's been no football... and it has united us as a support. Can't wait for the new season.

33 minutes ago, b-reed said:

think the problem is not so much hibs as Hamilton... both Hamilton and Ross said they vote against any reconstruction... Aberdeen also said they were against... still yet to see any statement from hibs as to how they would vote... yes there supports are against but boards staying silent... Doncaster said he talk with Aberdeen over the weekend and try and talk them round... at the moment three clubs have said there against. Hamilton, Ross and Aberdeen... I think the other 9 are for or could be persuaded to vote for....

Hamilton said they wanted permanent recon bug not temporary so I’d imagine they will support this. Aberdeen said the opposite.  

23 minutes ago, kila said:

They will change their mind again by the time the actual vote is needed.

This charade feels like a swinging pendulum where they align with what we want briefly.

Rumours came out that Hearts knew it was playing for time. This threatened legal action by Monday. Suddenly an unnamed championship chairman or CEO states the c'ship have resolved differences. Of his own volition?

I'd take it with a ladle of salt 

Edited by Riccarton3

Championship clubs with assuring they can start in October, but only if they get full whack as anticipated in August? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Hamilton said they wanted permanent recon bug not temporary so I’d imagine they will support this. Aberdeen said the opposite.  

sure it was the Sun yesterday that said Hamilton and ross were the two against with Aberdeen also against...

WorldChampions1902
44 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Full weight of the entire shitshow coming down on the Ross County weirdo's head?     

Methinks the ‘Medicine Man’ might be under significant pressure over the coming days.

Karma.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Looking forward to this documentary!

To be fair to everyone involved in this omnishambles, it has given us all something to focus on while there's been no football... and it has united us as a support. Can't wait for the new season.

Hopefully it’s not heavily edited, it will certainly be worth a watch.

9 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

Yeah, the wording is rather ambiguous. Still, it`s way better than it saying, "Well, it`s a No from the Championship clubs"

Not if it's just lies

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do wonder if the SPFL has cut a deal with the championship clubs to provide them with more money this coming season, which suspect the Championship were using their position as blocking reconstruction to get.

Parachute payments getting diverted if no relegation??

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Rumours came out that Hearts knew it was playing for time. This threatened legal action by Monday. Suddenly an unnamed championship chairman of CEO states the c'ship have resolved differences.

Lawell has a reputation of being persuasive, a master of 'robust conversation' if you will. I also presume while Kheridine didn't state chairman's name, this chairman will be speaking on behalf of others. We will find out soon enough.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Rumours came out that Hearts knew it was playing for time. This threatened legal action by Monday. Suddenly an unnamed championship chairman of CEO states the c'ship have resolved differences.

It could be the realisation that the cost of losing the case is not worth it, especially since the Hearts support have made it clear we won't be going to away grounds and help bail out the ****ers that voted to expel us.

A voted-for shortened Championship season only strengthens our hand which has now been confirmed, so maybe they now have no choice to back reconstruction.

Now I think about it, the vote to shorten the Championship is now forcing the top flight's hand?

I am sure a couple of the ITK posters have said hold and play it steady.

They were right a lot of teams now realising they are the bad guys.

Backtracking or revisionism is coming.

I am still confident Gorgie will prevail. 

Edited by Rods

3 minutes ago, b-reed said:

sure it was the Sun yesterday that said Hamilton and ross were the two against with Aberdeen also against...

That’s where you are going wrong - the Sun? 

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Championship clubs with assuring they can start in October, but only if they get full whack as anticipated in August? 

:sweeet:

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am sure a couple of the ITJ posters have said hold and play it steady.

They were right a lot of teams now realising they are the bad guys.

In the Jam??

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully it’s not heavily edited, it will certainly be worth a watch.

Deserves at least a 12-episode series and maybe a movie. Will be a  bit disappointing if it ends with an EGM on Zoom rather than a courtroom drama.

I told you my predictions about reconstruction happening and I believe it will. There’s been a decent shift in our favour and the indicative vote is expected to be nearer 30 member clubs voting for reconstruction. I won’t post anything further other than.....

......the next big story to emerge will be the fallout at Hibs between Leanne Dempster and Ron the Con. One favours reconstruction, the other doesn’t and it’s causing a major rift between the two. 

A journalist is about to do a piece on this very soon. The tide is again turning again in our favour.

Keep that champagne on ice. It’s going to taste even better now. 
🍾🍾🍾🍾

Just now, gnasher75 said:

Deserves at least a 12-episode series and maybe a movie. Will be a  bit disappointing if it ends with an EGM on Zoom rather than a courtroom drama.

Three one hour episodes is the format but they have so much more to cover than they originally anticipated.

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I told you my predictions about reconstruction happening and I believe it will. There’s been a decent shift in our favour and the indicative vote is expected to be nearer 30 member clubs voting for reconstruction. I won’t post anything further other than.....

......the next big story to emerge will be the fallout at Hibs between Leanne Dempster and Ron the Con. One favours reconstruction, the other doesn’t and it’s causing a major rift between the two. 

A journalist is about to do a piece on this very soon. The tide is again turning again in our favour.

🍾🍾🍾🍾

👍

🍾🍾🍾🍾

:robboyas:

Hibs somehow Hibsing this even more 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Yeah it should definitely not finish until we are back playing.

🍾🍾🍾🍾

You should be in television drama production. The cliff hangers just keep coming fast.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

🍾🍾🍾🍾

Sounds good 😃

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

🍾🍾🍾🍾

Well, the twisty turny thing continues to twist and turn. Unfortunately for us, Ron holds the power at Hibs. I would rather they got on well and were agreeable to what we require. Still, always good to see discord at Easter Road.

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

As I said earlier, we should start legal proceedings tomorrow regardless of the result of the indicative vote and advise the SPL we have done this as a "protective" measure due to time constraints.  That counters any effort to kick the can down the road until it's too late.

If the final vote goes in our favour, we terminate the court action and everyone's a winner.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )