SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Kherdine explained on the radio earlier, Chic Young kept repeating the same question even when he had the answer. From what I could gather, a vote is needed via an EGM. To call an EGM, 28 days notice must be given. The indicative also has some clause to hold an EGM within 7 days, so if it is worth voting on (after gauging the indicative position) it would be formally voted at EGM next Monday 22nd June. 

Spot on. And for all that I slate Doncaster at every opportunity, he knows how to find ways round the rules when it suits him. This is, I think, the only way to get reconstruction done in the required timescale. And it has the benefit of allowing clubs to change their mind if the indicative vote is close to meeting the numbers required.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

FF8CAC45-0BE0-4055-B408-1EEEC6A4D18B.jpeg

3A8AF19B-0366-4968-B039-2CACEE8594F0.jpeg

Im loving your work 😍

8 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Kherdine explained on the radio earlier, Chic Young kept repeating the same question even when he had the answer. From what I could gather, a vote is needed via an EGM. To call an EGM, 28 days notice must be given. The indicative also has some clause to hold an EGM within 7 days, so if it is worth voting on (after gauging the indicative position) it would be formally voted at EGM next Monday 22nd June. 

Cheers BB.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

They can’t afford to take the chance we’d win £8 million and they won’t take that chance. It’s a massive MASSIVE gamble on their part if they let this go to a hearing 

You may very well be right.  I think they will be praying for reconstruction.  Failing that, they will impose it by executive action.

Class of 75
49 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No need to apologise it's as clear as mud. 

Regardless of tomorrow I'd be tempted to get the papers in just to keep them honest 

It is indeed. Yes agree would signal our intent and resolve. 

13 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Seriously?

Read my post again.

Dundee are irrelevant.

You can't keep teams potentially up or no promotion on the grounds that all fixtures not played.

When 3 teams are relegated as all games were not played. Both sets could have made the playoffs.

But one set cancelled, other set relegated.

Hearts win.

Seriously? 

They had a vote to change their rules to allow what happened happen.

The Dundee vote was in breach of the companies articles.  So the resolution to change the rules shouldn't have passed. 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

You may very well be right.  I think they will be praying for reconstruction.  Failing that, they will impose it by executive action.

When it comes down to it, we can hold our heads up high. Regardless of the outcome, we will never be h* bs, we will always be able to hold our heads high knowing that we have the moral, ethical and footballing high ground. FFS they are scum. Tossers to a man. To all the Hearts men and women, regardless of race colour or creed, I love you all. We are Hearts. FTH Gorgie rules. ****ing mutants the lot of them. I love you all. 😘

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm going to log off now because you are really getting on my tits today and not for the first time. 

I know full well he's at Axiom - because I Googled it - and please don't pretend you knew he was there. 

I know full well he's a QC - I said so and I spent half a day reading his legal opinion to the SPFL. 

If you can't add value please just ignore my posts. You are a tedious bore as evidenced by you last sentence above. 

You quoted someone who said that Burgess Salmon had been appointed to the panel for the SPFL.

You stated that Gerry Moynihan gave the opinion and he works for another company.

I have no idea what you know about how the relationship between QC's and law firms work, but it seemed from your post that you thought that the previous poster was wrong in some way.

It appears that wasn't what you were saying. Sorry for putting your nose out of joint, but I foolishly thought I was being helpful. 

5 minutes ago, tightrope said:

When it comes down to it, we can hold our heads up high. Regardless of the outcome, we will never be h* bs, we will always be able to hold our heads high knowing that we have the moral, ethical and footballing high ground. FFS they are scum. Tossers to a man. To all the Hearts men and women, regardless of race colour or creed, I love you all. We are Hearts. FTH Gorgie rules. ****ing mutants the lot of them. I love you all. 😘

Cheers to that!🍺

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought they couldn't add two extra teams to the structure via executive action as this was a reserved matter?

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Knickers perfectly straight here. I’d rather he left statements like that to the club that’s all

Agreed 100%

18 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Can we call Susie Dent as a witness to give a definition and explain the origins of the word "cockwomble"? Not essential to our case perhaps but useful background information.

15 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

FF8CAC45-0BE0-4055-B408-1EEEC6A4D18B.jpeg

3A8AF19B-0366-4968-B039-2CACEE8594F0.jpeg

Brilliant! 

One final question Ms Dent. If anyone meeting this description is present today, please can you point him out to the court.

8 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Agree completely. Never had such a siege mentality or willingness to help the club in anyway I can.  

Was walking the dog the other day, wearing my new hearts jacket and saw a guy cycle by, wearing one too. We gave each other an almost fist like salute - the one thing I’ve taken from this sad debacle is the amazing way hearts fans can pull together when everyone is having a pop. 

We must be the most hated club in Scotland. Everything that’s happened over the last 12 weeks or so will never be forgotten - regardless of what happens next. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

because we’d lose until the reconstruction option is 100% of the table

So it's a timing issue, and we will not be exclusively persuing compensation, but may start down that route?

Just now, MattyK82 said:

Agree completely. Never had such a siege mentality or willingness to help the club in anyway I can.  

Was walking the dog the other day, wearing my new hearts jacket and saw a guy cycle by, wearing one too. We gave each other an almost fist like salute - the one thing I’ve taken from this sad debacle is the amazing way hearts fans can pull together when everyone is having a pop. 

We must be the most hated club in Scotland. Everything that’s happened over the last 12 weeks or so will never be forgotten - regardless of what happens next. 

You are Correct, sad when you think about the " issues" some Scottish clubs have in their History. ****ing wanks

3fingersreid
20 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Seriously? 

They had a vote to change their rules to allow what happened happen.

The Dundee vote was in breach of the companies articles.  So the resolution to change the rules shouldn't have passed. 

I’m sure that someone posted earlier , much earlier, that there was some rule/law/ article that allowed a vote to change from no to yes after the close of the vote . 
I might be getting a bit mixed up and it certainly surprised me when I read the post . 

Fluorescent Adolescent
29 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm going to log off now because you are really getting on my tits today and not for the first time. 

I know full well he's at Axiom - because I Googled it - and please don't pretend you knew he was there. 

I know full well he's a QC - I said so and I spent half a day reading his legal opinion to the SPFL. 

If you can't add value please just ignore my posts. You are a tedious bore as evidenced by you last sentence above. 

Chill out mate, I think he was being sincere.

bajthejambo

Kheredine tweeting that the Championship has now resolved it's issues with reconstruction and the vote is now to be determined by the Premiership clubs. According to a chairman he has spoken to.

Edited by bajthejambo

4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

This is the part that is most absurd to me, we are hated because we didn't accept expulsion from a league after an incomplete season which could have threatened our very existence and we actually are standing up to the SPFL (celtic) and their corrupt bullies as well as the very slanted media! On top of that we facilitated a donation from a benefactor which helps all of Scottish football,  many of these clubs having digs at us should be showing some respect if they had any common sense!

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

B886C8DA-38DD-4A6D-AE2F-2241597AF42A.png

Very interesting, puts even more pressure on the Premiership hold outs. 

Anyone know if we  started court proceedings before reconstruction was officially knocked back by the Spfl clubs if that would prejudice our case ? 

If it does it wouid probably suggest we won't be staring court proceedings tomorrow as the vote looks like it wil be close enough for Doncaster to string us along further . 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

B886C8DA-38DD-4A6D-AE2F-2241597AF42A.png

Yet another twist on the world twistiest path. I expect a hell of a lot more twists before we either get to the summit of the hill or the bottom of the road. Does this open up possibility of executive action, if RC and Hibs maintain their path?

I'm almost disappointed to say this, we're not going to court, all of the clubs have too much to lose and Doncaster/celtic will spell that out in no uncertain terms, any noise you hear from dissenting clubs is just that, I don't think I'm wrong!

Malinga the Swinga

If Keredine is correct, then we could be facing vote of 40-2, yet the vote would fail. That is democracy on a new level, even for Scottish football.

5 minutes ago, gator said:

I'm almost disappointed to say this, we're not going to court, all of the clubs have too much to lose and Doncaster/celtic will spell that out in no uncertain terms, any noise you hear from dissenting clubs is just that, I don't think I'm wrong!

It's simply in no one's interest to go to court.    It makes no sense.    I'm still thinking it will go to the wire but who will take on a court challenge vs recon?    What board would back it?   It doesn't stack up on any level so 🤞

Edited by Gmcjambo

If this is true,   there's no way one club will be allowed to prevent it.    It could all happen very quickly.     Then we can concentrate on finding every possible way to wreak revenge.

Malinga the Swinga

Was thinking of calling it quits for the night but might hang around for a little while yet. Mind, by tomorrow morning who knows where we will stand. Clubs change their mind more often than the wife.

1 hour ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Nail on the head there. If one of the OF wasn't on a potential record run, we would not be here.

Not sure about that. There was no attempt  to attach reconstruction to the original vote which would have still had the sweetener of money being released. The Board wanted Hearts relegated.

2 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

So does that mean if the money isn’t there, we can’t enforce it as a debt? 

I was looking at it as Hearts suing all 42 clubs, and if they can’t come up with the cash between them, there surely must be some further recourse?

Sell their grounds and we can build houses on them.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

If Keredine is correct, then we could be facing vote of 40-2, yet the vote would fail. That is democracy on a new level, even for Scottish football.

think the problem is not so much hibs as Hamilton... both Hamilton and Ross said they vote against any reconstruction... Aberdeen also said they were against... still yet to see any statement from hibs as to how they would vote... yes there supports are against but boards staying silent... Doncaster said he talk with Aberdeen over the weekend and try and talk them round... at the moment three clubs have said there against. Hamilton, Ross and Aberdeen... I think the other 9 are for or could be persuaded to vote for....

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, b-reed said:

think the problem is not so much hibs as Hamilton... both Hamilton and Ross said they vote against any reconstruction... Aberdeen also said they were against... still yet to see any statement from hibs as to how they would vote... yes there supports are against but boards staying silent... Doncaster said he talk with Aberdeen over the weekend and try and talk them round... at the moment three clubs have said there against. Hamilton, Ross and Aberdeen... I think the other 9 are for or could be persuaded to vote for....

hamilton were against temporary reconstruction 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, b-reed said:

Not sure where you are getting figures from but according to SJ on Friday/Saturday, it was 10-2 with Hibs and RC holding out. 

gashauskis9
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Vote would fail, but Doncaster would push that through.  Too much at stake in terms of his own head to allow 2 clubs to dictate the future for the other 40.

Frankly, if Doncaster tells the dissenting Prem teams that Hearts are going for an interdict and have 50/50 chance of getting it, maybe Lawell backs him up, how could anyone still stand?

When the only reason seems to be "we dinny like Hearts/ICT"

And as others have said, if it fails by one overall vote, surely it'll be pushed thru...

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not sure where you are getting figures from but according to SJ on Friday/Saturday, it was 10-2 with Hibs and RC holding out. 

I have yet to see any report saying what way hibs will vote but Hamilton, Ross, and Aberdeen all said thy were against any reconstruction…. 

maroongoals
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Vote would fail, but Doncaster would push that through.  Too much at stake in terms of his own head to allow 2 clubs to dictate the future for the other 40.

I think ND would have to do that

This is what the Ross County Chairmen wanted to be in the limelight.

I bet he soon comes out with I have changed my mind after reading the Partick statement and also the pyramid structure.

Him saying Hearts should take their medicine does not change but he turns out to be the hero for Partick and the others. 

The game is afoot 

Edited by Rods

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, maroongoals said:

I think ND would have to do that

Doncaster will ask Hibs and County to abstain to save face with their supporters.  As a result of there technically being no ‘no’ votes, they’ll push it through (all imo of course).  

Edited by gashauskis9

Here’s an alternative reconstruction theory

12-16-16

Keep top flight as 12, protect the old firm
And their precious status quo 

Championship teams + top 6 in league 1 last year make the ‘new championship’
Bottom 4 league 1, the  10 league 2 and the lowland / highland league champions make league 1

Premiership stays as is
New Championship and league 1 are 30 game, 1 home 1 away

Champions promoted to premiership 2nd place play off v the 2nd bottom Premiership

Bottom 2 in championship relegated automatically, top 2 league 1 promoted straight away
Bottom 2 league 1 relegated, highland / lowland league winners replace them 

Relegated teams from league 1 go into the league they are geographically assigned to

dont get me wrong, I HATE the 12 team Top tier and split thing, and having a league of 16 (championship) with only 1 promotion automatically and a playoff isn’t ideal, but working with what I’ve got.

its just something I’ve thought up this afternoon but would appreciate any feedback. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )