To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

95 minutes on the direct flight from Plymouth to Aberdeen.

Plymouth has an airport?

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think that's a much more likely concept in the medium term, I could see a joint SPFL/EFL league cup, maybe excluding the EPL teams as they'd just bum everyone in sight.

The prem teams aren't too bothered with the league Cup and field reserve teams until its the quarter final then its the best thing since slice bread. I wish these teams were more honest about it and gave up their places for the scotish teams, who I think would take it more serious. without the prem teams I still think both the Glasgow mafia would struggle to win it. 

29 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

That isn't practical for 100s of supporters. Still I would love to see a meaningful two legged game between those or us and Plymouth. Best bet would be a British cup of some kind. 

Whatever league we play in we would still be a proud Scottish team - Scottish football is held back by a misguided focus on preserving the status quo, as long as this mindset persists it will remain an inward looking backwater.

8 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

Whatever league we play in we would still be a proud Scottish team - Scottish football is held back by a misguided focus on preserving the status quo, as long as this mindset persists it will remain an inward looking backwater.

Agreed. 

David McCaig
39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Plymouth has an airport?

As has Exeter, although airshed is more accurate.  

Hearts and the Gorgie Boys are crossing the border ... coming to an EFL stadium near you soon - BRAVE-HEARTS!

Never say never!

What if we purchased and renamed a certain club that actually is based in England but plays in Scottish football currently?  Then the new club, English based, applies to join the English league?  

Edited by ScoPo

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Plymouth has an airport?

Aaaand, you could get all the sheepies on one Logan air flight! 😏

2 hours ago, Bootzilla said:

Yes and what is going to change it?

50 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

What if we purchased and renamed a certain club that actually is based in England but plays in Scottish football currently?  Then the new club, English based, applies to join the English league?  

People talked about Bury's license but I think there was be a huge hullabaloo if we tried that

Always thought the Atlantic league would be more likely route out of SPFL. A fair run league from say Brussels, TV contract would be massive.. easy flights to the country's in the set up.

Libertarian
11 minutes ago, assessor said:

Always thought the Atlantic league would be more likely route out of SPFL. A fair run league from say Brussels, TV contract would be massive.. easy flights to the country's in the set up.

An Atlantic league would work for us,  3 divisions of 20 teams with the national leagues feeding into them. Personally I wouldn't  care if it was an Atlantic league or joining the English pyramid system. The Hearts would prosper in either set up. The behaviour of the SPFL and most of the clubs over the last few months makes it clear that the prospects for Scottish football are grim. 

willie wallace
11 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Travelling down to absolute hovels for 90 minutes of hoofball infront of 2000. 

There's been some weird threads on here but this is number 1 for me.

Exactly.i know lockdown  is taking its toll on fans during these trying times but playing in the in lower reaches of the English league is never going to happen.

Who do you think is going to play for Hearts in these games (apart from Damour).

We have been  a proud member of Scottish football for over 140 years and this is where we belong.

5 hours ago, Fly the Saltire said:

I do like a well reasoned  response.   Last five opinion polls show majority in favour of Scotland  becoming a normal country like Denmark etc.  Only in the pensioner age group is there a majority in favour of continued London rule. 

Also Hearts would need to join 7th tier of English football as those in top divisions do not want to dilute their gravy train just as those in SPFL didn't want reconstruction as it meant losing some TV money.  That's still no excuse for the mismanagement of the SPFL  by  Doncaster  et al who won't even scrap games  to help our national team qualify for European Championship finals

The whole idea of joining English league is a no  starter and  Hearts only have themselves to blame for finishing bottom with too many overpaid  journeymen from  English leagues who thought they could stroll the Scottish league.

I think you should take your petty, nationalist, anglophobic sentiment to the shed where you'll no doubt find a few like minded individuals. You can slap each other on the back in there.

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Yes and what is going to change it?

People who take action to make things different and better and not those that just ask questions!

On 16/05/2020 at 08:13, Smithee said:

There's no way it would get the support needed from their member clubs, why would it? And who wants to lose a decade at best getting to a decent level while we play rushden & diamonds every week. 

It's not happening, and I'm very happy with that.

Not sure what the difference between rushden and diamonds and Hamilton or Livi is tbh, in fact at least it would be fresh!    Even though this is a completer non starter! 

19 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

A proud Scottish Club getting the pish ripped out of us by the people who run this absolute joke of a league set up to serve two teams.  We should be looking into this ( although the chances are very slim) 

Hearts will never run away from a fight what’s the matter with you. 

21 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

short sighted. Scottish football is a cancerous cesspit of scum and villainy.. 

would be ecstatic if we could get the **** out of it

Stop moaning and never give in to idiots. Hearts don’t do Running Away.

Guest ToqueJambo

Get this "idea" in the sea. No hopes of a cup win ever again. No Europe ever again. No derbies. Our club's identity gone. English hooligans coming to Edinburgh for a jolly every couple of weeks. Give FIFA/UEFA an excuse to push for a "British" national team again. **** all that!

A proper British Isles Cup though involving the bigger teams would be great, if taken seriously (which it wouldn't be - it would be 3rd string teams from the big English clubs).

Edited by ToqueJambo

Maybe Boris's dastardly plan is to wait for the next indyref and offer Scottish clubs entry to the EFL in the hope we can remain British.  You never know. Boris will stop at nothing..............😄

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Maybe Boris's dastardly plan is to wait for the next indyref and offer Scottish clubs entry to the EFL in the hope we can remain British.  You never know. Boris will stop at nothing..............😄

I think Tony Blair tried to float that idea a while back. 

Politics and football should stay well apart. IMO its not a British league or anything like that which should be discussed. It would be just joining the biggest near by league which happens to be England. In the same way as Ajax theoretically joining the German or French set up. 

The more I think about it the warmer I am to the idea. We'd need serious investment to go anywhere though. It kinda all stems from how poorly run the SFA/SPFL are though. If we had impartial competent leaders and a league set up not built up around the OF then leaving wouldn't even be considered. The fact is though, we're having to essentially put a gun to the heads of Scottish football to stop something which is profoundly unfair from happening. Common sense hasn't been allowed to prevail at any stage of this debacle and there is a part of me which is just wondering what the ****ing point is. Cut them loose and try our luck elsewhere. This is an utter farce. 

2 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Exactly.i know lockdown  is taking its toll on fans during these trying times but playing in the in lower reaches of the English league is never going to happen.

Who do you think is going to play for Hearts in these games (apart from Damour).

We have been  a proud member of Scottish football for over 140 years and this is where we belong.

Talk of joining the English League is nonsense. 

I would be interested in joining a breakaway league. 

Getting recognition from UEFA would be a problem though. 

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

People who take action to make things different and better and not those that just ask questions!

Yes but that is so vague as to be meaningless

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Hearts will never run away from a fight what’s the matter with you. 

Not running away, we should win our legal fight but your kidding yourself if you think that will be the end of things. We’ll be up against it for years to come. Just fed up of the way Football is ran in this country. 

Libertarian
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think Tony Blair tried to float that idea a while back. 

Politics and football should stay well apart. IMO its not a British league or anything like that which should be discussed. It would be just joining the biggest near by league which happens to be England. In the same way as Ajax theoretically joining the German or French set up. 

The more I think about it the warmer I am to the idea. We'd need serious investment to go anywhere though. It kinda all stems from how poorly run the SFA/SPFL are though. If we had impartial competent leaders and a league set up not built up around the OF then leaving wouldn't even be considered. The fact is though, we're having to essentially put a gun to the heads of Scottish football to stop something which is profoundly unfair from happening. Common sense hasn't been allowed to prevail at any stage of this debacle and there is a part of me which is just wondering what the ****ing point is. Cut them loose and try our luck elsewhere. This is an utter farce. 

A city like Edinburgh would attract investment plus Edinburgh is one of the fastest growing cities in the UK. The Hearts would prosper in England 

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, assessor said:

Yep. That, or the 4th division of a new European Super League. 

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Fly the Saltire said:

I do like a well reasoned  response.   Last five opinion polls show majority in favour of Scotland  becoming a normal country like Denmark etc.  Only in the pensioner age group is there a majority in favour of continued London rule. 

Also Hearts would need to join 7th tier of English football as those in top divisions do not want to dilute their gravy train just as those in SPFL didn't want reconstruction as it meant losing some TV money.  That's still no excuse for the mismanagement of the SPFL  by  Doncaster  et al who won't even scrap games  to help our national team qualify for European Championship finals

The whole idea of joining English league is a no  starter and  Hearts only have themselves to blame for finishing bottom with too many overpaid  journeymen from  English leagues who thought they could stroll the Scottish league.

You’ll be pleased Covid-19 is taking care of those pesky pensioners then. 

Libertarian
43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep. That, or the 4th division of a new European Super League. 

You sound like you have the Scottish cringe. Why should the Hearts not prosper in a bigger less corrupt league?

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts are a Scottish team, not an English team. 

This.

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts will always be a Scottish team (even if their entire playing squad aren’t) and wherever they play whether that’s in European competitions or in England! 
It was never in doubt in the past and is not now!

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Bootzilla said:

We need to change the league system and it's leaders. 

Not change leagues  imo. 

Nookie Bear
42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This. We can’t just pick and choose a league to play in, based on their geographical convenience. 

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

You sound like you have the Scottish cringe. Why should the Hearts not prosper in a bigger less corrupt league?

Not at all,  if you can’t just go running to the nearest (and richest) league when you feel like it - the exact thing we have criticised Celtic for all this time. 

We are a Scottish team and that remains the case until bigger forces take over and create European leagues that we are either part of, or remain in a Scottish league with no old firm.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This. We can’t just pick and choose a league to play in, based on their geographical convenience. 

It's funny how no one wants join the N  Irish or Welsh leagues.. 

I can't think why the English league is the attractive.. 🙄

Nookie Bear
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

It's funny how no one wants join the N  Irish or Welsh leagues.. 

I can't think why the English league is the attractive.. 🙄

I was genuinely about to add: how would we feel if Glentoran, Bohemians or Linfield applied to join the Scottish leagues. They are more attractive than the likes of Cowdenbeath, no?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I was genuinely about to add: how would we feel if Glentoran, Bohemians or Linfield applied to join the Scottish leagues. They are more attractive than the likes of Cowdenbeath, no?

Those clubs probably look at our shit show and would say gtf, we aren't joining you 😂😂

Nookie Bear
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Those clubs probably look at our shit show and would say gtf, we aren't joining you 😂😂

Ah well, every cloud and all that...😁

6 hours ago, JyTees said:

I think you should take your petty, nationalist, anglophobic sentiment to the shed where you'll no doubt find a few like minded individuals. You can slap each other on the back in there.

👏👏👏👏

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

There's as much chance as us joining the Spanish league. 

Wow - Hearts playing in Spain, that’s interesting but can’t see that happening. The EFL is a more realistic prospect! 

We could do with stronger sides in Scotland but I'm not bothered about English football. I rarely watch it, including motd.

20 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Not running away, we should win our legal fight but your kidding yourself if you think that will be the end of things. We’ll be up against it for years to come. Just fed up of the way Football is ran in this country. 

So nobody likes us, so what, do we care. Time for Hearts to put our team and our  people first.

If we stop signing huddies we might even start winning trophies. 

Edited by mitch41

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So nobody likes us, so what, do we care. Time for Hearts to put our team and people first.

If we stop signing huddies we might even start winning trophies. 

Hope so mitch 👍