To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, FanofInverness said:

I disagree with Hearts joining the English Leagues. 
It would be deeply humiliating for a Scottish club to join the English Leagues. It would make everyone think Scotland is part of England. I am not a nationalist. But the one thing I care about is people not thinking Scotland is part of England. That would be awful.  
Plus Hearts would do nothing in the English League system. 
Plus it would take decades for the club to even get into the English second tier, let alone challenge to be in the EPL. 
If you stuck Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea at the bottom of the English non league system it would take them 20 years to get back to the EPL again. Let alone chalenge for the title. 
It makes far more sense for Hearts to join the much talked about Atlantic League. In that case we could stick all the big 6 Scottish clubs, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United, in a new European Super League in the top division, playing against big sides straight away, in the top tier. We could play big sides from Norway, Scotland, Denmark, Sweden, Wales, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, Belgium and Finland. 

The recent idea is that each club could get as much as 15 million pounds a year straight away.
Plus we would be starting in the top tier. It would mean when the big European Super League come around we will have a seat at the table. 

I do not see the point in joining at the bottom of the English non league system, when with an Atlantic League Hearts could be in the top tier straight away.   

Scotland should be at the forefront of a European Super League system instead of joining the bottom tier of the English system or waiting for the European Leagues to take off and then joining at the bottom tiers. 

I support the Atlantic League system. 

What big clubs are there in the Welsh and Irish leagues?  TNS, Barry, Linfield, Shamrock Rovers?  Think they’re all part time. Or Finnish even?  And how would we get 6 teams in the top tier?  It would be the biggest league in the world by far, maybe take 2 years to play one season!  Don’t think you’ve really thought that through! 

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex member of the SaS

Sorry not had time to read the whole thread but by moving to an English league would that not be playing into the hands of Eufa who want the uk to be one governing body and one entry into the comps?