To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

25 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

At least we should be asking. 

Absolutely correct. We will never know unless we begin to enquire. Personally, I would relish the prospect of making our way through the English pyramid/league system. A club the size of Hearts would prosper and grow in England. 

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just no. For god's sake. We are a Scottish club playing in Scotland.

Hearts are a Scottish Club playing nowhere!
Doncaster is evil (and hates Hearts), the SPFL are corrupt and don’t want Hearts!  Yet some still have this romantic notion that Scottish Football loves Hearts and it’s a great place!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

6 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Absolutely correct. We will never know unless we begin to enquire. Personally, I would relish the prospect of making our way through the English pyramid/league system. A club the size of Hearts would prosper and grow in England. 

And stir the pot nicely. 

Unknown user
46 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

At least we should be asking. 

No we shouldn't, it would be really stupid gor the club to go down such a divisive route.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No we shouldn't, it would be really stupid gor the club to go down such a divisive route.

Or just could be the best solution to a despicable hierarchy. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Or just could be the best solution to a despicable hierarchy. 

It may well be milk and honey but the hard facts are that many Hearts fans want nothing to do with the idea and it's a civil war waiting to happen. 

Just no. For god's sake. We are a Scottish club being denied playing and training in Scotland.

Think that better represents the present.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It may well be milk and honey but the hard facts are that many Hearts fans want nothing to do with the idea and it's a civil war waiting to happen. 

I really don't think that it is. Many Hearts fans are now so scunnerd with the SPFL and SFA they now see there is no future for our club in such a corrupt and incompetent league 

Edited by Libertarian

Hectormasson
On 31/07/2020 at 14:42, jack D and coke said:

Very true mate. They’d absolutely love both sets of them kicking off and making all of Scotland look like scum. I remember working with a bunch of mancs around the time Rangers got to the uefa cup final and told them what was on the way :lol:  I don’t think they believed me until they arrived en mass and ****ing trashed the place. They hadn’t ever seen human trash like it they said. 

Aye but are tic fans no meant to be the best fans in the world ????🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Unknown user
Just now, Libertarian said:

I really don't think that it is. Many Hearts fans are now so stunned with the SPFL and SFA they now see there is no future for our club in such a corrupt and incompetent league 

Yeah, and many aren't. 

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Are you seriously suggesting that the way our club has been and continues to be treated is not divisive?

Perhaps a poll would be a good idea? There’s clearly those who would like the club to at least look into a move and those who wouldn’t. 

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It might be a choice between watching football at Tynecastle or weeds grow! I’d prefer the former!

The SPFL have an anti Hearts agenda they don’t love us that’s for sure!

They want Hearts “oot the gemme” ...... as their QC excitedly exclaimed!

Never forget ONLY HEARTS!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Hectormasson

Just no. For god's sake. We are a Scottish club playing in Scotland.

But its a f....g farce, and a waste of time, we wl never get any decisions go for us now ? Can we take much more of this shower of *******s trying to ruin us ???

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Let’s stick about in Scotland or best redress is winning on the pitch starting with the semi final 

We get anywhere near the top of the league this season they will call it null and void well before the season ends. Mark my words. 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

We get anywhere near the top of the league this season they will call it null and void well before the season ends. Mark my words. 

Precedent have been set already. 

Fxxx the SPFL

lets get tae feck out of this corrupt football system Scottish Football is a joke I'd rather be playing football in the lower English leagues any day of the week.

I want out. 

I love Hearts, I hate, absolutely hate Scottish football and every rotten thing in it therefore the solution, for me, is simple: join the English set up. 

If it were my call I'd have been in touch with the Football League to get their take on it. A positive response and the 2 year notice would be handed in and the wheels set in motion. 

The thought of the coming years watching Hearts trying to make our way in a dying game is profoundly depressing. All too real and likely, sadly, which just makes it worse. 

Back to 2005

I am now at the stage where I believe Hearts should investigate the English option. Just sickened by the blatant corruption.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It might be a choice between watching football at Tynecastle or weeds grow! I’d prefer the former!

The SPFL have an anti Hearts agenda they don’t love us that’s for sure!

They want Hearts “oot the gemme” ...... as their QC excitedly exclaimed!

Never forget ONLY HEARTS!

Yeah, we all know your preference. 

But it's not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, we all know your preference. 

But it's not going to happen.

😂 I commend your consistency!

And for what it’s worth everybody knows Tynecastle and weeds don’t go!

Football at Tynecastle forever HHGH!

Jeez, Hearts are never joining the English league, anyone who even contemplates that as a viable option is deluded.  We might as well apply to La Liga, or der Bundesliga, or the Pitz.

At least our national teams at all age levels including the senior team do really well.  The SFA deserve a huge pat on the back for that.  Gibraltar would be shaking in their boots if they had to visit Hampden Park.

They'd probably fancy their chances at home though.

It's bad enough to see us being kicked in the teeth but by these losers and incompetents, it's a absolutely tragic.

I have posted in the expulsion thread that this is a non starter, we had a team here (Ottawa) playing in an American 2nd Division, once our own Canadian Premier League began the governing bodies refused to sanction their participation in a foreign league with a viable domestic league here, the 3 Canadian MLS teams got an exemption for now because their budgets and supposedly their quality is that much above the new league, I don't see UEFA approving anything like this!

I think the club should at the very least ask all the season ticket holders and foundation of hearts members about whether they would be interested in us applying to join the english leagues? Maybe get them to vote yes or no and if a majority say 75% want it we should then at least enquire about it.

I know that we are a Scottish club and i would definitely miss the derbys and the odd Scottish cup win, However there comes a point in life when you are getting shafted so hard you have to at least begin to stand up for yourself.

Just my opinion but the way things are going we are going to be continually target and shat on for the forseeable future for even having dared to stand up to them.

Its an absolute disgrace and change is needed one way or another.

husref musemic

A week ago I thought this was a mad idea. I'm now so sick of Scottish football id be right up for it. 

The baws burst here.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

At least our national teams at all age levels including the senior team do really well.  The SFA deserve a huge pat on the back for that.  Gibraltar would be shaking in their boots if they had to visit Hampden Park.

They'd probably fancy their chances at home though.

It's bad enough to see us being kicked in the teeth but by these losers and incompetents, it's a absolutely tragic.

We bummed them home and away fairly recently didn't we? Within the last 5 years anyway I think. 

But point taken, it's not a great claim to fame, beating Gibraltar. 

Gilberts Fridge

I have always said the the English FA would not touch the bigot twins because of their commercial sectarianism and that they would not want the fall out of trouble up and down the M6 every week.

As a result it's a non starter for us as they would not want us used as leverage for the bigot twins. I would however,  not be opposed to a bit of mischief making from us and a couple of leaks to the press about us "exploring " opportunities and "in negotiations"  with the English or indeed Dutch, or Belgian FA's from a source close to Tynecastle stating our lack of trust with Scottish football authorities and concerns about amateur governance and  major conflicts of interests within the game.

Could be a bit of fun. 

1 minute ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

I have always said the the English FA would not touch the bigot twins because of their commercial sectarianism and that they would not want the fall out of trouble up and down the M6 every week.

As a result it's a non starter for us as they would not want us used as leverage for the bigot twins. I would however,  not be opposed to a bit of mischief making from us and a couple of leaks to the press about us "exploring " opportunities and "in negotiations"  with the English or indeed Dutch, or Belgian FA's from a source close to Tynecastle stating our lack of trust with Scottish football authorities and concerns about amateur governance and  major conflicts of interests within the game.

Could be a bit of fun. 

You just know we would be charged with bringing the game into disrepute 😄

Gilberts Fridge
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

You just know we would be charged with bringing the game into disrepute 😄

Nah, deny everything, and everything through a "source". No names and no documents. Start playing the feckers at their own game 

Wigan are liable to go bust on August 31st Hearts should immediately apply to take there place. It would be easy for the EFL to slot Hearts into there fixtures.

This is obviously fanciful but it's helping me channel my rage this morning.

Once we're back Premier League and the club is on a more stable financial footing, we direct FOH funds to establishing a small club in the English pyramid. Think an AFC Wimbledon or AFC Bury. The purpose of the club is to slowly climb through the English leagues until it's financial viable for Heart of Midlothian to hand in their SPFL notice. Heart of Midlothian would purchase the club for £1.

Some benefits would be:

1.Run by volunteers initially until viable to have staff

2.Sharing use of facilities including Tynecastle for a nominal fee

3.Requesting reversed home fixtures with Heart of Midlothian due to ground share agreement, meaning there is always a Hearts team to watch in Edinburgh, reducing income to clubs who expelled us.

I imagine there are a million and one barriers to doing this but it's been a nice distraction for me this morning.

8 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

Wigan are liable to go bust on August 31st Hearts should immediately apply to take there place. It would be easy for the EFL to slot Hearts into there fixtures.

OOOFT!

in the words of kevin keegan "I would love it!"

I think that the last few months have made it crystal clear that Hearts have to get out of the corrupt Scottish league. Whether that's the proposed Atlantic League or applying to England we can't just sit back and remain a part of this corrupt organisation which is out to destroy our club. We have to at least begin making enquiries about how to go about leaving Scottish football.

Absolutely zero point watching Hearts under current structure - a complete waste of time & energy. Denial is a strange companion - to keep doing the same thing over & over and expect a different result. It's entirely acceptable for many to read the game as over and out, particularly after what just happened. Exit strategy badly needed.

1 hour ago, plastic_bas said:

This is obviously fanciful but it's helping me channel my rage this morning.

Once we're back Premier League and the club is on a more stable financial footing, we direct FOH funds to establishing a small club in the English pyramid. Think an AFC Wimbledon or AFC Bury. The purpose of the club is to slowly climb through the English leagues until it's financial viable for Heart of Midlothian to hand in their SPFL notice. Heart of Midlothian would purchase the club for £1.

Some benefits would be:

1.Run by volunteers initially until viable to have staff

2.Sharing use of facilities including Tynecastle for a nominal fee

3.Requesting reversed home fixtures with Heart of Midlothian due to ground share agreement, meaning there is always a Hearts team to watch in Edinburgh, reducing income to clubs who expelled us.

I imagine there are a million and one barriers to doing this but it's been a nice distraction for me this morning.

That is a great idea. It would been a good amount of cash but the risk would be the club forms its own identity. It would have to be very incorporated with Hearts in imagery, colours, everything.

With a large number of lower league English clubs potentially going to out of business due to Covid-19 I would have thought that this may be a perfect opportunity to re-examine the idea of Scottish clubs joining the English pyramid. 

We have Swansea, Cardiff and Newport as a precedent and of course Berwick in the other direction.

Wouldn't mind seeing your away support at the Lane again one day. 

Edited by Alfie Conn

If this ever did happen, and we couldn't still play in the Scottish Cup, I'd want to see the creation of an Edinburgh Cup whereby we play Hibs twice a season - during it or at the end - once at home and once away in a two-legged final.

1 minute ago, Alfie Conn said:

With a large number of lower league English clubs potentially going to out of business due to Covid-19 I would have thought that this may be a perfect opportunity to re-examine the idea of Sottish clubs joining the English pyramid. 

We have Swansea, Cardiff and Newport as a precedent and of course Berwick in the other direction.

Wouldn't mind seeing your away support at the Lane again one day. 

Totally agree.

If lower league English teams go bust, it might lead to reconstruction of the English league. It might even lead to the creation of a British league. Now is prime time to at least viably explore the option.

EDIT: the reconstruction could mean that we don't have to start at the bottom.

Edited by JJ93

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

Totally agree.

If lower league English teams go bust, it might lead to reconstruction of the English league. It might even lead to the creation of a British league. Now is prime time to at least viably explore the option.

EDIT: the reconstruction could mean that we don't have to start at the bottom.

Only issue would be Celtic. The majority of English clubs supporters properly detest them. I could see absolute mayhem at their games. 

8 hours ago, Alfie Conn said:

Only issue would be Celtic. The majority of English clubs supporters properly detest them. I could see absolute mayhem at their games. 

Good to hear 👍

No longer active

A lot of people pooh-poohing this idea. Fine!

However as this is a forum to express our views then will all the “Never happen” brigade stop being so negative to the idea - we know it’s Fantasy, I get it, but stranger things have happened and it is healthy to vent our anger in a speculative way.

A British league is probably the most likely scenario if things go pear-shaped, however if a team goes bust in the leagues we should scope a take over and do a Wimbledon/MK Dons ?

1 minute ago, George Cowie said:

A lot of people pooh-poohing this idea. Fine!

However as this is a forum to express our views then will all the “Never happen” brigade stop being so negative to the idea - we know it’s Fantasy, I get it, but stranger things have happened and it is healthy to vent our anger in a speculative way.

A British league is probably the most likely scenario if things go pear-shaped, however if a team goes bust in the leagues we should scope a take over and do a Wimbledon/MK Dons ?

Agree re British league set up. 

if Scottish teams go to the wall apart from perhaps 10-15 and many English teams do too - perhaps their bottom two divisions - then a British league is a serious goer. 

The only question is where do teams go?

When Swansea and the other two Welsh teams joined the English leagues it was when they reconstructed. I’m not sure where they started. 

but if there’s reconstruction, even if the English leagues and not the creation of a British football association, the question of where do teams go in the set up isn’t just applied to Scottish teams but to all British teams.