To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

Holyrood_Hearts
On 16/05/2020 at 07:53, rudiatemyhamster said:

Might be worth a punt.  

Start at the bottom of the Pyramid and smash our way up the leagues.  Feel good factor and a media frenzy around the club for years.

Always loved watching football and the atmosphere at Tynie.

I say bring it on and let’s leave the bull poop behind 👍😍😊😷

****ing hell man 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Interestingly: The reason Swansea are in the EnglishLeague along with Cardiff, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay, Merthyr Town and Newport is because, when these clubs were formed, there was no Welsh League, so their only option was to join the English League. ... On the 29th May 2013, the highest scoring draw in the FA Premier League occurred.

We might find ourselves in that very position if the league is mothballed or severely delayed. 

30 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We might find ourselves in that very position if the league is mothballed or severely delayed. 

Very true!

On 16/05/2020 at 08:16, TheBigO said:

Bolt. Go watch English football then. We're Scottish.

Why don't we join the J-League

Hahaha

Hearts it’s time to go! 

Expelled from the Premier Division so can’t play there!

Championship might be ‘mothballed’ so can’t play there!

Hearts need to play football .... go where you can play ..... anywhere! 

At least try Hearts, it’s time to go!

stevie1874
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hearts it’s time to go! 

Expelled from the Premier Division so can’t play there!

Championship might be ‘mothballed’ so can’t play there!

Hearts need to play football .... go where you can play ..... anywhere! 

At least try Hearts, it’s time to go!

If the recon fails they should put the feelers out

On 20/05/2020 at 21:01, stevie1874 said:

Are you not even a wee bit fed up with Scottish football?  I’ll agree I don’t think it would ever happen but the way things are with the league, the media,  referees we pay for a season ticket and it’s just to make up the numbers for a league for Celtic & Rangers. It’s depressing. 

Scottish football is what I love. Unfortunately its dominated by those two teams but English football!!!!  Not a chance. And you say you agree it will never happen so its a nothing thread on a pointless subject. We won't ever play in the English leagues.  

Tokyo Drifter

We stay. Our time will come. Doesn't need too much to fall into place before we're challenging at the top end of the Premiership and there's no reason we shouldn't be making inroads in European competitions, which we couldn't do from the English lower leagues. We have the fans, the ground, the history and the ambition, we just need our directors to start acting like professionals and make the correct managerial and coaching appointments, and those people to make the right decisions regarding recruitment. We need people with talent and charisma, but they are out there and they will come. The only thing that isn't certain is our luck, but God knows we're due some.

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

If the recon fails they should put the feelers out

Recon should be our preferred option but we need to look at all options. A British league would be ideal if recon fails, particularly as it would dilute the invidious influence of Glasgow based teams on the rest of Scotland. However, we should not rule out seeking membership of a wholly English league and I would start before recon discussions finish, as it increases the pressure on the clowns running our game up here. It would be a long journey but Edinburgh is a very investible city and I think we would attract a huge amount of interest that may allow us at last to compete with the Gruesome Twosome.

stevie1874
1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

Scottish football is what I love. Unfortunately its dominated by those two teams but English football!!!!  Not a chance. And you say you agree it will never happen so its a nothing thread on a pointless subject. We won't ever play in the English leagues.  

A lot of things could change this summer with leagues North & South of the border. We might have no league to play in so you never know. 

22 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Recon should be our preferred option but we need to look at all options. A British league would be ideal if recon fails, particularly as it would dilute the invidious influence of Glasgow based teams on the rest of Scotland. However, we should not rule out seeking membership of a wholly English league and I would start before recon discussions finish, as it increases the pressure on the clowns running our game up here. It would be a long journey but Edinburgh is a very investible city and I think we would attract a huge amount of interest that may allow us at last to compete with the Gruesome Twosome.

I agree.

if Scottish clubs en masse go to the wall (and some English clubs too - probably a lot considering the massive number of them), a British league is the solution. 

we would have to join high up though. Not at the bottom. And I would want to see all surviving Scottish clubs in it. Would be quite fun: play Hibs, OF, Aberdeen, then Chelsea, Arsenal haha. 

it would financially be incredible for us. Also we would have a lot better players and more fans at games - expanding the stadium no doubt eventually. Same for Hibs. 

The SPFL and clubs in Scotland do not want you no more!

Hearts waken up and get over it!

It’s time to grow up, leave home and move to pastures new!

Onwards and upwards HHGH!

Unknown user
46 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The SPFL and clubs in Scotland do not want you no more!

Hearts waken up and get over it!

It’s time to grow up, leave home and move to pastures new!

Onwards and upwards HHGH!

**** that, we're a Scottish team, we belong in a Scottish league. 

Thankfully there are enough who think like me to guarantee it won't happen, it won't get my vote or support.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Thankfully there are enough who think like me to guarantee it won't happen, it won't get my vote or support.

If there’s hardly any Scottish teams left and 50-60 English teams go out of business, there may be a British league set up. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

If there’s hardly any Scottish teams left and 50-60 English teams go out of business, there may be a British league set up. 

Well aye, if my aunty grows a tail and my cat starts making cuppas I'll reconsider my views on reality, but until then, no, a massive no.

12 hours ago, Smithee said:

No European football for you then!

On 23/05/2020 at 11:25, Tokyo Drifter said:

We stay. Our time will come. Doesn't need too much to fall into place before we're challenging at the top end of the Premiership and there's no reason we shouldn't be making inroads in European competitions, which we couldn't do from the English lower leagues. We have the fans, the ground, the history and the ambition, we just need our directors to start acting like professionals and make the correct managerial and coaching appointments, and those people to make the right decisions regarding recruitment. We need people with talent and charisma, but they are out there and they will come. The only thing that isn't certain is our luck, but God knows we're due some.

:spoton:

It wasn't that long ago that we heard Hearts lining up to the Champions League music.  We have allowed the team to sink into one hell of a depression over the last few seasons.  After pissing the Championship, we finished 3rd the next season.  After that, we finished 5th, having been as high as 2nd in the league.  Hell, even as recently as a couple of years ago, we had a good run at the Top of the Table.  We are not far away from getting it right, we just need the correct decisions from the Top, and to have the baws to make difficult choices for the sake of the team and not to sentimental or emotional ties.

When exactly would we get the chance to do that again in the Vanarama National League?

It's noticeable that there is a growing number of people on here who would quite welcome Hearts to stick two fingers up at the Scottish fiasco and look into joining the English set-up, the latest argument seems to be that if we are in the championship then the championship is mothballed therefore no football and no income so, move onwards and eventually upwards.

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

It's noticeable that there is a growing number of people on here who would quite welcome Hearts to stick two fingers up at the Scottish fiasco and look into joining the English set-up, the latest argument seems to be that if we are in the championship then the championship is mothballed therefore no football and no income so, move onwards and eventually upwards.

It doesn't matter how many there are, they dont need or want us. 

And even if that changed there are enough like me who would never vote for it

I find myself somewhere in the middle of this argument to stay or to go, on the one hand I have spent/wasted/ tolerated being cheated for a longish lifetime by the dubious Scottish system ie,  the blazers, the refs, the arse cheeks, so part of me would like to shove it right up them. Then again, being Scottish, it rankles a bit the thought of playing lowly English sides that I have never even heard of, and as has been said they might not even welcome us, unless of course some of their teams start to go under, then I console myself thinking it's never going to happen so why bother.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It doesn't matter how many there are, they dont need or want us. 

And even if that changed there are enough like me who would never vote for it

The Hearts survive, the Hearts fans follow.....

23 games at Tynecastle (that’s in Edinburgh in Scotland!!) and 23 away games!

Hearts play 46 games!!

“Naw I’d rather Hearts died at their place of birth where they belong”

EFL that will do nicely thanks!

maroonedinbriz

I'd give up football all together including my FOH contributon rather than beg to play in the English league. Get a grip. We sprung from Scotland's capital ffs.

8 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

I'd give up football all together including my FOH contributon rather than beg to play in the English league. Get a grip. We sprung from Scotland's capital ffs.

Accept an invite then perhaps?

Hearts play half their games (excluding vs Hibs) outside of Edinburgh already so there is not a problem! 

And I don’t buy into this we are Scottish so we only play in Scotland .....German Manager, players & fans from all over the world and most Hearts supporters (apart from the blinkered ones who think a foreign holiday is portobello beach) yearn to play European football!!

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The Hearts survive, the Hearts fans follow.....

23 games at Tynecastle (that’s in Edinburgh in Scotland!!) and 23 away games!

Hearts play 46 games!!

“Naw I’d rather Hearts died at their place of birth where they belong”

EFL that will do nicely thanks!

Hearts aren't dying so your argument dies with it and I already understand the concept of away fixtures, cheers. 

But none of this matters, it's not happening. And if for some mental reason a door did open there are enough of us in the FoH to vote it down, so it's still not happening. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

What benefits do we derive from being part Scottish football? The last few months have been a real eye opener. If we could join the English leagues I'd be all for it. 

annushorribilis III
5 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Accept an invite then perhaps?

Hearts play half their games (excluding vs Hibs) outside of Edinburgh already so there is not a problem! 

And I don’t buy into this we are Scottish so we only play in Scotland .....German Manager, players & fans from all over the world and most Hearts supporters (apart from the blinkered ones who think a foreign holiday is portobello beach) yearn to play European football!!

Even IF Hearts could get entry it's a complete non-starter due to geography. The associated travel costs would be astronomical and time consuming.

On 26/05/2020 at 00:32, Smithee said:

Why should we run away to the obscurity of non league

English football ? 

Stay here and fight for what we believe in. Only cowards run away. 

stevie1874
25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

English football ? 

Agreed, but things could go against us very quickly and we could have nowhere to play. If that happens then I’d have no problem Hearts pursuing  other avenues. 

39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

English football ? 

We are the boys in maroon and white,

we love to drink and

we love to fight!

Unless things change in the next few days there might be nothing to fight for!

Scottish Football as we know it is finished. Hearts need to play football, but the way the saga is going there will be no football below the Premier for some considerable time. For Hearts that would be a disaster, the financial losses would be huge and that might threaten the existence of the club.

All options should be left open!

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

We are the boys in maroon and white,

we love to drink and

we love to fight!

Unless things change in the next few days there might be nothing to fight for!

Scottish Football as we know it is finished. Hearts need to play football, but the way the saga is going there will be no football below the Premier for some considerable time. For Hearts that would be a disaster, the financial losses would be huge and that might threaten the existence of the club.

All options should be left open!

So... We should join the 10th tier of English Football instead. 

Good thinking batman.

ToadKiller Dog

I guess those that want to have a look at leaving to another league ,could put a proposal to the FOH agm if they are members .I'm not sure what the numbers required to do so and get at least a discussion is at .

I dont see why that wouldnt be possible .

I want to stay in the scottish leagues it's where we belong but I get trust towards the sfa the Spfl/celtic board and many other clubs has totaly gone and likely wont comeback for many if not most Hearts supporters .

31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Good thinking batman.

I can’t agree with your statement, but it’s yours so that’s up to you! It would be like starting again in the Scottish Lowland League.

Personally I don’t think we should join any 10th tier! Robin that would be stupid!

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

I can’t agree with your statement, but it’s yours so that’s up to you! It would be like starting again in the Scottish Lowland League.

Personally I don’t think we should join any 10th tier! Robin that would be stupid!

Yes, exactly. We'd get even less revenue than we would if we played in the Scottish Junior Leagues. We couldn't afford to operate at that level. 

We'd have to join the 10th tier in England. That's how it works! 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yes, exactly. We'd get even less revenue than we would if we played in the Scottish Junior Leagues. We couldn't afford to operate at that level. 

We'd have to join the 10th tier in England. That's how it works! 

What would happen if Hearts bought an EFL club (in administration & about to be liquidated) and relocated it to Tynecastle and called it Hearts? How would that work?

NB ignoring that clubs like Clyde, Brechin, Elgin, Peterhead etc would try to block the move into ‘their territory’ because of the financial impact it would have on them!

Hearts need to play football to survive and Hearts fans need a club to support!

Independence
35 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I guess those that want to have a look at leaving to another league ,could put a proposal to the FOH agm if they are members .I'm not sure what the numbers required to do so and get at least a discussion is at .

I dont see why that wouldnt be possible .

I want to stay in the scottish leagues it's where we belong but I get trust towards the sfa the Spfl/celtic board and many other clubs has totaly gone and likely wont comeback for many if not most Hearts supporters .

My 2 sons and I are members of FofH so that's 3 votes against. This is such an embarrassing thread! We are Scottish, we play in Scotland and we will continue to fight in Scotland. Even our clubs crest has a big saltire on it. Not many clubs can say that!

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What would happen if Hearts bought an EFL club (in administration & about to be liquidated) and relocated it to Tynecastle and called it Hearts? How would that work?

NB ignoring that clubs like Clyde, Brechin, Elgin, Peterhead etc would try to block the move into ‘their territory’ because of the financial impact it would have on them!

Hearts need to play football to survive and Hearts fans need a club to support!

You're certainly allowed to do that but i don't know if we would be allowed to play in Scotland, i don't know the rules surrounding that. 

If we were allowed to do that though we wouldn't be Hearts anymore. We'd forfeit our history. We'd be an English club that changed our name, badge and colours. 

I don't think something like this would ever happen for a host of reasons. 

We're too big to lose to the SPFL. 

The FA have already said they don't want the OF (who would follow as precedent would be set that it can be done)

It would signal the end of smaller leagues with large clubs. Ajax, Legia Warsaw, Copenhagen could then all join the Bundesliga, Belgium would merge with France. It would have a deeply damaging long term impact. 

The SFA are making this threat because they're backed into a corner. We're legally sound to proceed. They know that, they also know that they can't defend their actions in court. 

In the highly unlikely event that were to be formally expelled from the SPFL then perhaps we could look into English football. But Scottish football cannot afford to lose its third biggest club and the Edinburgh Derby. It would be astonishing if they went down this road (nor would I expect UEFA/FIFA to allow them to). 

13 minutes ago, Independence said:

My 2 sons and I are members of FofH so that's 3 votes against. This is such an embarrassing thread! We are Scottish, we play in Scotland and we will continue to fight in Scotland. Even our clubs crest has a big saltire on it. Not many clubs can say that!

Something (saltire in crest) we have in common with East Fife and Ayr United, there are probably others!

I do hope Hearts can play in Scotland soon (ie in 2020), something needs to change in the next few days for that to happen!

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're certainly allowed to do that but i don't know if we would be allowed to play in Scotland, i don't know the rules surrounding that. 

If we were allowed to do that though we wouldn't be Hearts anymore. We'd forfeit our history. We'd be an English club that changed our name, badge and colours. 

But it would be our club name, badge and colours so somethings good!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

But it would our club name, badge and colours so somethings good!

Not for me. The History is what makes us who we are. 👍 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Not for me. The History is what makes us who we are. 👍 

I agree with that! My big concern is that the way the SPFL, SFA and most other clubs are treating us is that all we might have left is the history and memories!

The whole saga is an absolute mess and unless the authorities and other clubs wake up there will be tears all round. I’m hoping this coming week will finally bring some good news!

Imagine Boris and Gove, not to mention part time Tory Ian Murray, getting behind pushing us into the English league set up, thinking it might strengthen the union to have the capital's Premier club included in their set up.....!....😁......!

FORTHCLYDE

All the people who voted No in the Scottish referendum, plus Gordon Wilson and David Cameron and the others who won the vote would have to back us in the English Courts to 

get into the newly named British League.  If we had the backing of the English establishment we could get in. If we don't Scotland could declare UDI.

john brownlee
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Good thinking batman.

Onwards and upwards, why not? A progression to the top,rather than theconstant stalemate.we have now.

Different venues different teams and no doubt super away days. Some on here would be surprised at the crowds these teams get.. just Ike us these teams have derby matches were the crowd and atmosphere are fantastic.

im all for it, leave the old firm and their hanger Ons 

also there's the added interest of these teams playing and coming to Scotland (a first for some)

Blackburn v Bolton is as big a draw if not more than Inverness v Aberdeen

Btw I lived in Blackburn Lancs for a few years and enjoyed their football, maybe not a much as Heart of Midlothian, but footballs football wherever you go.

you seem to think the lower leagues in England are some how lesser than our leagues,  try a Bristol derby, Plymouth v Exeter even teams on the outskirts of London have fantastic following.

broaden your horizons young man there's a great big world out there. Take a day trip you might joy it.

who was it that said sometimes the first step is the biggest.

58 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I agree with that! My big concern is that the way the SPFL, SFA and most other clubs are treating us is that all we might have left is the history and memories!

The whole saga is an absolute mess and unless the authorities and other clubs wake up there will be tears all round. I’m hoping this coming week will finally bring some good news!

It is. Their greed and self protectionism is ruining the game, always has but this will never be forgotten. Clubs that voted us down will not get any money from our supporters and never will again. They may fold as a result. 

It doesn't bother me that we're in the Championship tbh. It is unjust but we'll get promoted.  It's not the end of the world. It may even allow us to reset and blood youth players and build a stronger team.

It's the loss of revenue which is more unfair. As you have said, it could threaten our existence and certainly the well being of our business. We need to fight that from a business perspective. 

At the end of the day, moving to other leagues has the same problems. The English league is possibly even more selfish. The way they treated Bury for example was terrible and had we been in that situation, they'd have done the same thing to us. 

32 minutes ago, john brownlee said:

Onwards and upwards, why not? A progression to the top,rather than theconstant stalemate.we have now.

Different venues different teams and no doubt super away days. Some on here would be surprised at the crowds these teams get.. just Ike us these teams have derby matches were the crowd and atmosphere are fantastic.

im all for it, leave the old firm and their hanger Ons 

also there's the added interest of these teams playing and coming to Scotland (a first for some)

Blackburn v Bolton is as big a draw if not more than Inverness v Aberdeen

Btw I lived in Blackburn Lancs for a few years and enjoyed their football, maybe not a much as Heart of Midlothian, but footballs football wherever you go.

you seem to think the lower leagues in England are some how lesser than our leagues,  try a Bristol derby, Plymouth v Exeter even teams on the outskirts of London have fantastic following.

broaden your horizons young man there's a great big world out there. Take a day trip you might joy it.

who was it that said sometimes the first step is the biggest.

For us to join the English leagues, we'd have to join where there is sponsorships and money in place. We would not survive joining at the bottom tier. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It is. Their greed and self protectionism is ruining the game, always has but this will never be forgotten. Clubs that voted us down will not get any money from our supporters and never will again. They may fold as a result. 

It doesn't bother me that we're in the Championship tbh. It is unjust but we'll get promoted.  It's not the end of the world. It may even allow us to reset and blood youth players and build a stronger team.

It's the loss of revenue which is more unfair. As you have said, it could threaten our existence and certainly the well being of our business. We need to fight that from a business perspective. 

At the end of the day, moving to other leagues has the same problems. The English league is possibly even more selfish. The way they treated Bury for example was terrible and had we been in that situation, they'd have done the same thing to us. 

For us to join the English leagues, we'd have to join where there is sponsorships and money in place. We would not survive joining at the bottom tier. 

I don’t agree with this bit;

”....  Clubs that voted us down will not get any money from oursupporters and never will again. ...”

There’s nothing better than a maroon army swarming into an away stadium and watching their team take the 3 points! [NB I was tempted to add ‘and leaving their stadium razed to the ground’!]

However the debate of following Hearts to away games is probably best left for another time and place.

Let’s hope for good news next week! Enjoy the sunshine!

On 16/05/2020 at 08:16, TheBigO said:

Bolt. Go watch English football then. We're Scottish.

Why don't we join the J-League

Some of the asian leagues actually do accept invitationals from other nations. Think singapore does have feeder team from china or japan compete.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

The Prestonpans ans Wallyford bus would be getting back a bit late, no?