To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

Libertarian

With the way we are being treated by the SPFL and fellow Scottish clubs and the fact that there is now talk of suspending promotion and relegation next season I really think it is incumbent of the club to look at moving to the English pyramid system. I can't understand why some fellow Hearts supporters are giving it the we are a Scottish club line after the way we have been treated. We are Scotland's 3rd biggest club and if we could leave it would damage the SPFL beyond repair and launch us on an epic adventure 

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're not joining the English league, anyone who even thinks it's a possibility is a moron.  Stop all this Rangers type chat.  

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

We're not joining the English league, anyone who even thinks it's a possibility is a moron.  Stop all this Rangers type chat.  

Interesting...

Hearts are NOT joining the EFL

People who think it’s a possibility are morons

It’s conversations that people of the Rangers ilk have.

It would be interesting though ...

20 hours ago, Libertarian said:

With the way we are being treated by the SPFL and fellow Scottish clubs and the fact that there is now talk of suspending promotion and relegation next season I really think it is incumbent of the club to look at moving to the English pyramid system. I can't understand why some fellow Hearts supporters are giving it the we are a Scottish club line after the way we have been treated. We are Scotland's 3rd biggest club and if we could leave it would damage the SPFL beyond repair and launch us on an epic adventure 

Your comments and opinion are entirely reasonable! Whilst some will and some will not agree with them they do seem to arouse extreme response from the latter!!

Libertarian
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Your comments and opinion are entirely reasonable! Whilst some will and some will not agree with them they do seem to arouse extreme response from the latter!!

I suspect that some of them are allowing their politics to dictate their view on this issue. I don't know if it would be possible to move but I think that the club should at least investigate the possibility. Cross border leagues are coming anyway and are likely to be here sooner than some think. 

Boris's little trick up his sleeve is to offer the capital clubs and erse cheeks entry to the English leagues and defeat the next indyref....

51 minutes ago, sassenach said:

My opinions, as an Englishman and a Hearts fan.

Firstly, Hearts would be an asset to the English system. A famous old club in a wonderful city with a cracking ground, it would be top of every fan's list of away grounds to visit. I wouldn't be against it personally, although I don't know which end of the ground I'd use whenever Hearts played Boro :)

Positives out of the way, I'll carry on.  It's been rumoured for years that Celtic and Rangers have been trying to enter the English system. Whether we like it or not, those two are bigger clubs than Hearts. I can't think of a scenario where Hearts have a case for playing in England but not them, so we'd either be playing in England with them or after them.

We would now have a scenario where Scotland has lost its three biggest clubs into what has effectively become a British league, and teams such as Aberdeen and Hibs would be sure to follow. The question now is, which clubs in either England or Scotland would vote for such a change?  The pyramid system in England is more mature than Scotland's, and there have been clubs turning full-time professional as low as the 6th tier - I'm not only talking former Football League clubs, I'm talking Harrogate Town when they were in National League North. So a lot of ambitious professional clubs would not want their progress blocked by established incomers from Scotland. Neither would clubs already in the Football League want to risk being displaced. So the votes will never be there.

To finish, there would be problems with supporters.  Although religious sectarianism isn't really such of an issue in England, many Englishmen will react badly to perceived links with the IRA - remember the chanting by England fans at the Celtic Park International game a few years ago? Celtic fans could all turn over a new leaf and be as good as gold, but it wouldn't matter, there'd always be a mob of English fans waiting for the "IRA scum". These types would also cause trouble at games against Rangers, not necessarily through fighting but joining up with them and causing drunkenness and disorder in town centres. All of the above has happened at friendlies, it would happen more often and on a bigger scale at League matches.

So unfortunately, much as part of me would like to see it, I can't see Hearts playing in the English league system any time soon.

Excellent Post. To add - I don't believe those "ambitious" clubs would like to see "invited" Scottish teams potentially diluting their own chances of progression. Invited is the important word here!

Libertarian
9 hours ago, sassenach said:

My opinions, as an Englishman and a Hearts fan.

Firstly, Hearts would be an asset to the English system. A famous old club in a wonderful city with a cracking ground, it would be top of every fan's list of away grounds to visit. I wouldn't be against it personally, although I don't know which end of the ground I'd use whenever Hearts played Boro :)

Positives out of the way, I'll carry on.  It's been rumoured for years that Celtic and Rangers have been trying to enter the English system. Whether we like it or not, those two are bigger clubs than Hearts. I can't think of a scenario where Hearts have a case for playing in England but not them, so we'd either be playing in England with them or after them.

We would now have a scenario where Scotland has lost its three biggest clubs into what has effectively become a British league, and teams such as Aberdeen and Hibs would be sure to follow. The question now is, which clubs in either England or Scotland would vote for such a change?  The pyramid system in England is more mature than Scotland's, and there have been clubs turning full-time professional as low as the 6th tier - I'm not only talking former Football League clubs, I'm talking Harrogate Town when they were in National League North. So a lot of ambitious professional clubs would not want their progress blocked by established incomers from Scotland. Neither would clubs already in the Football League want to risk being displaced. So the votes will never be there.

To finish, there would be problems with supporters.  Although religious sectarianism isn't really such of an issue in England, many Englishmen will react badly to perceived links with the IRA - remember the chanting by England fans at the Celtic Park International game a few years ago? Celtic fans could all turn over a new leaf and be as good as gold, but it wouldn't matter, there'd always be a mob of English fans waiting for the "IRA scum". These types would also cause trouble at games against Rangers, not necessarily through fighting but joining up with them and causing drunkenness and disorder in town centres. All of the above has happened at friendlies, it would happen more often and on a bigger scale at League matches.

So unfortunately, much as part of me would like to see it, I can't see Hearts playing in the English league system any time soon.

Good post Sassenach. My own view is that cross border leagues leagues are coming down the line really fast. The fact that the SPFL have proven themselves to be so incompetent that they are now damaging clubs, including Hearts has made it clear to me that we should now actively start to look for a way out of the Scottish league and try to get entry into a league which will help our club to grow. Whether that's in England or in some other format I don't care. Hearts have fantastic potential as a football club in a fantastic city which is growing really fast. We would be an asset to any league, yet the SPFL through their incompetence are deliberately trying to damage us. 

Independence
On 16/05/2020 at 08:44, Horatio Caine said:

I wish people would stop speculating about this.  NO WAY that is going to happen.  

Correct. Why would we run away throwing our teddies out of the pram? You dont run away, you do what we are doing ......staying and fighting for what is right!

10 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Good post Sassenach. My own view is that cross border leagues leagues are coming down the line really fast. The fact that the SPFL have proven themselves to be so incompetent that they are now damaging clubs, including Hearts has made it clear to me that we should now actively start to look for a way out of the Scottish league and try to get entry into a league which will help our club to grow. Whether that's in England or in some other format I don't care. Hearts have fantastic potential as a football club in a fantastic city which is growing really fast. We would be an asset to any league, yet the SPFL through their incompetence are deliberately trying to damage us. 

To me the Atlantic league set up seems a more likely route.

Brick Tamland

Given the latest shite from the SFA I am now all in for this. 
Scottish football and the SFA are a complete joke and we’ve known that for a long time but their latest stint is an absolute joke and epitomises the bias and level of arseholery we have up here. 
I don’t want to give the SFA a single penny more of my money and if it means starting at the lowest level in England then so be it. 
The SFA along with the SPFL are a complete joke and how they get away with this is because nobody has had the balls to stand up to them until we have. Small minded doesn’t come close to describing them they are a shower of despicable, snidey, sneaky *****. 

3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Given the latest shite from the SFA I am now all in for this. 
Scottish football and the SFA are a complete joke and we’ve known that for a long time but their latest stint is an absolute joke and epitomises the bias and level of arseholery we have up here. 
I don’t want to give the SFA a single penny more of my money and if it means starting at the lowest level in England then so be it. 
The SFA along with the SPFL are a complete joke and how they get away with this is because nobody has had the balls to stand up to them until we have. Small minded doesn’t come close to describing them they are a shower of despicable, snidey, sneaky *****. 

Yeah, preference isn't to mind. But if we did I wouldn't have any issues with us doing it. 

Scottish football is corrupt. 

Brick Tamland
1 minute ago, skwif1 said:

NO NO NO.

You’d rather stay with the corrupt, snidey, useless, old firm loving shambles that we have? 

Thought Police

Might realise the proper potential of our club down there. Clubs like Bournemouth with less than our average attendance making £140m a year based on geography.

Fitba' broke my Heart

I just want to watch a game of football where the refs make incorrect decisions because they made a mistake rather than an "honest (guv) mistake", the custodians of the game are just that and not the custodians for the "good of the game", and it is becoming increasing clear that this will not be happening in Scotland.

It is clear that the majority of the members of Scottish football do not want things to change and are happy to apply business strategies to clubs with no greater expectation than to survive.

What an amazing lack of business acumen, and ambition from those chairpersons and directors of Scottish Football Clubs.

Quite simply Scottish football is run by those who are cognitively dim and possess zero imagination, for insipid, weak and pathetic member clubs.

The question is is not why should we leave but rather why should we stay?

There’s never going to be fairness in Scottish football. I’m happy to leave it behind and start in English league. A British league should be seen as progression imo. 

44 minutes ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

I just want to watch a game of football where the refs make incorrect decisions because they made a mistake rather than an "honest (guv) mistake", the custodians of the game are just that and not the custodians for the "good of the game", and it is becoming increasing clear that this will not be happening in Scotland.

It is clear that the majority of the members of Scottish football do not want things to change and are happy to apply business strategies to clubs with no greater expectation than to survive.

What an amazing lack of business acumen, and ambition from those chairpersons and directors of Scottish Football Clubs.

Quite simply Scottish football is run by those who are cognitively dim and possess zero imagination, for insipid, weak and pathetic member clubs.

Excellent post. No point in staying and competing in a league rigged for one of two to win. The game was up the pole years ago because..... Scottish football administrators are forever unable to offer a fair sporting competition or level playing field. Yet, among many we have a let's stay and fight attitude........here's the news.......no point in fighting when there's nothing to be won. Game over.

I’d be happy to see Hearts go now. Would be worth it to get away from this tinpot league and in the long run could be a good move. Gers and the other mob would be boaking.

highlandjambo3

That’s it for me....... as the marine said in Alien 2 “how do I get out of this chicken shit outfit”.......let’s go.

Seymour M Hersh

If there was a possibility of doing this I woud go for it. Unfortunately I cannot see a way for it to happen.

**** the SFA

**** the SPFL

I’ve been refraining from posting over the lockdown as I wanted to see how things developed without making my blood boil. But this whole saga has left me hating Scottish football. No chance of us joining the English pyramid, but I’d absolutely love it if we could, with one caveat, the Old Firm  and everyone else that shafted us must be left behind.

Anyway, all pie in the sky.

Interesting couple of weeks ahead to say the least.

Libertarian
2 hours ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

Excellent post. Hearts would thrive, prosper and grow in a bigger more professional league set up. 

15 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I’ve been refraining from posting over the lockdown as I wanted to see how things developed without making my blood boil. But this whole saga has left me hating Scottish football. No chance of us joining the English pyramid, but I’d absolutely love it if we could, with one caveat, the Old Firm  and everyone else that shafted us must be left behind.

Anyway, all pie in the sky.

Interesting couple of weeks ahead to say the least.

I thought someone was missing. Something like this has been coming for decades. It's time to act, actually whatever the outcome. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Playing in the premier league is like groundhog day we know who's going to win the league and who will be second, SPFL and SFA mickey mouse corrupt bar stewards really pissed off with whole situation. Even when we win our arbitration case we should test the water with the English FA. We could tempt them with sweeteners as in offering to subsidise supporters travel costs from the North of England (assuming we join the NPL) We would imo opinion take at least 1000 to away games that would boost the coffers of some of these clubs. i know it probably won't happen but at least it's worth a try.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, sassenach said:

If it's the Northern Premier League, my sister has a B&B in Whitby, and it's a great night out.  PM me and I'll try to get mate's rates :)

ha ha good one and there is a great chippy in Whitby can't mind the name but there was a big queue outside when we visited with the kids many moons ago.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Carpe diem!

Carpe colem!

Forget it mate, for it to happen the FoH would need a sizeable majority vote to approve and there are plenty like me who aren't having it.

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Carpe colem!

Forget it mate, for it to happen the FoH would need a sizeable majority vote to approve and there are plenty like me who aren't having it.

💩

Is it a constitutional issue for the FoH to have a vote on????

I think I remember name, colours & stadium but not anything else eg league!!

SPFL & SFA are 💩 and so are those condemning  Hearts ...

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Unknown user
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

💩

Is it a constitutional issue for the FoH to have a vote on????

I think I remember name, colours & stadium but not anything else eg league!!

SPFL & SFA are 💩 and so are those condemning Hearts ...

Hearts applying to join the English leagues and FA would 100% go to a vote, you can't seriously argue it wouldn't. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hearts applying to join the English leagues and FA would 100% go to a vote, you can't seriously argue it wouldn't. 

Show me the evidence ... please 

and tbh I’m not sure it has anything to do with the FOH ...

but as you seem to know please share 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Unknown user

Show me the evidence ... please 

I don't have the articles but there'll be a mechanism for voting on exceptional matters. 

At the end of the day there would be huge internal division if Hearts joined the English leagues, so the FoH wouldn't dare do it without a vote. And that vote would fail.

That's not a fact, it's a prediction, and I stand by it. We're going nowhere because there are plenty like me who'll fight it every step of the way. 

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Libertarian said:

Excellent post. Hearts would thrive, prosper and grow in a bigger more professional league set up. 

I totally agree. With our rich history, the city we're based in, the infrastructure we have in place, ground built for atmosphere, & backing of large & loyal support I'm certain that players, coaches etc would jump at the chance to be involved plus the positive & balanced media coverage we'd receive really would see HMFC thrive & be free of the negativity & spite that abounds in the Glasgow based swamp that is Scottish football.

Alas though, I can never see it happening.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't have the articles but there'll be a mechanism for voting on exceptional matters. 

At the end of the day there would be huge internal division if Hearts joined the English leagues, so the FoH wouldn't dare do it without a vote. And that vote would fail.

That's not a fact, it's a prediction, and I stand by it. We're going nowhere because there are plenty like me who'll fight it every step of the way. 

All bluster, no facts, no big picture ....

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

All bluster, no facts, no big picture ....

We're going nowhere, them's your facts.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We're going nowhere, them's your facts.

Narrow minds would let Hearts rot and die

Open minds want Hearts to grow & thrive

Unknown user

😿

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

No harm in exploring the possibilty - it is unlikely but hey ho who knows.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks!

Mate it is what it is, there's no point stamping the feet, metaphorically speaking.

For this to happen you need to convincingly win the argument and turn a lot of people who are dead against it, and that's not even close to happening.

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

ha ha good one and there is a great chippy in Whitby can't mind the name but there was a big queue outside when we visited with the kids many moons ago.

The Magpie Cafe. If you ignore the sadness of the intro to the review, read what the late, great AA Gill had to say about it here:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/table-talk-aa-gill-reviews-the-magpie-cafe-whitby-70srq3xnt

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Mate it is what it is, there's no point stamping the feet, metaphorically speaking.

For this to happen you need to convincingly win the argument and turn a lot of people who are dead against it, and that's not even close to happening.

There was and is no argument .... I’ll finish with my only two opening words (no more no less),

Carpe Diem!