To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

33 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The corrupt shambles that is Scottush Football has just shafted ys for no reason from a great height.

They have had opprtunities to reverse that decision but just laughed at us.

There is talk that the EFL div 2 might split into North/South divisions so a bit of reshuffling may go on IF that happens.

Might not have to join that far down as folk think.

Teams way down their pyramid get crowds on par with Hamilton, Ross C, Alloa, St.Mirren etc.

Wont happen, but not the worst idea in world.

We are not wanted in Scotland.

Don't confuse Scotland with the SPFL. 

We stay and fight. 

We don't do running away. 

We are the biggest truly SCOTTISH club in the country. 

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sandylejambo

Never happen, there is a very good chance Scotland will be a completely independent country soon and clubs playing in another countries league is not allowed. Even if we're not we would lose our national team and the SFA would be no more, they won't let that happen.

55 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Shite idea. Dicking about the english lower leagues for years till we get near the Football league. 

Eberyone moaning about Scottish Football because English football is the shinging beacon of transparency and fairness right enough.

Which it obviously isn't. However, it's a damned sight less parochial and narrow-minded than football up here.

And wouldn't it be nice to have semi-decent referees for a change... :)

Seymour M Hersh

If dozens of clubs go to the wall down south there might, possibly if the wind's in the right direction, be an appetite for inviting HMFC to join the EFL somewhere. Personally I'd be all for it but that's just me and most likely it's pie in the sky.

Jingle Bells

As the Huns and Tic know well, we would have to start life in the Northern Division 2.

Years in the wilderness before eventually ending the journey , where the prospect of winning anything major would be minimal, against the richer Clubs.

Let’s go Hearts let’s go!

Can’t see any football in Scotland (apart from Premier Division) in the near future so no point in hanging around waiting for a game in the Championship most likely in season 21/22.  Hearts need to play football!

Let’s go Hearts let’s go!

Hectormasson
On 16/05/2020 at 10:31, mre said:

Would love it. I'm completely disillusioned with Scottish football and don't give a flying fkuc for  tradition and history. 

Ditto

On 16/05/2020 at 07:53, rudiatemyhamster said:

Might be worth a punt.  

Start at the bottom of the Pyramid and smash our way up the leagues.  Feel good factor and a media frenzy around the club for years.

Always loved watching football and the atmosphere at Tynie.

I say bring it on and let’s leave the bull poop behind 👍😍😊😷

Stop it please just stop it.

Still the stupidest thing ive ever read. Nevermind. 

May as well vaseline our arses up to sell to England at every avenue... Jesus ****ing wept. 

Class of 75

From someone who travels the length and breadth of the UK its a no from me. Takes me 14 hours to get to work so couldn't imagine doing it for football on a regular basis. 

On 16/05/2020 at 12:00, sandylejambo said:

Never happen, there is a very good chance Scotland will be a completely independent country soon and clubs playing in another countries league is not allowed. Even if we're not we would lose our national team and the SFA would be no more, they won't let that happen.

I give you Liechtenstein... their own national association. National team. The clubs play in the Swiss league.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_Liechtenstein

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Yes. **** Scotland.

We’d be a good draw for English and have none of the OF baggage. Well maybe a carry on bag...

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yes. **** Scotland.

We’d be a good draw for English and have none of the OF baggage. Well maybe a carry on bag...

It doesn't matter how good a draw we think we'd be, they're never going to get enough support to vote us in.

Independence
On 16/05/2020 at 07:53, rudiatemyhamster said:

Might be worth a punt.  

Start at the bottom of the Pyramid and smash our way up the leagues.  Feel good factor and a media frenzy around the club for years.

Always loved watching football and the atmosphere at Tynie.

I say bring it on and let’s leave the bull poop behind 👍😍😊😷

H1b5 = worst derby record in Europe.

we all know its never going to happen so thread really a waste of time but if it allows frustrations to be handled for some then fire away

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

we all know its never going to happen so thread really a waste of time but if it allows frustrations to be handled for some then fire away

That's really considerate of you.

On 16/05/2020 at 09:39, manaliveits105 said:

A Friday night in Whitley Bay with the bus loads of Geordie burds is awesome though

On 16/05/2020 at 09:39, manaliveits105 said:

I have a large scar on the back o ma heid says otherwise!  (beer bottle)

I would go in a heartbeat but only if we started in league 2. At the moment i am struggling to find any appetite to go back to tynecastle.  Scottish football is a joke and i am almost done with it

6 minutes ago, savage said:

I would go in a heartbeat but only if we started in league 2. At the moment i am struggling to find any appetite to go back to tynecastle.  Scottish football is a joke and i am almost done with it

This. 

This joining the English leagues chat is hilarious. Why on earth would anyone think that would be a sensible thing to do, never mind the fact that they wouldn't want us down there. 

Silly season indeed. 

27 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

This joining the English leagues chat is hilarious. Why on earth would anyone think that would be a sensible thing to do, never mind the fact that they wouldn't want us down there. 

Silly season indeed. 

“Heart of Midlothian we’re waiting for you!”

Tom Hardy’s Dug
49 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Silly season indeed. 

Some teams Down there are going to need replaced - simple maths makes anything possible at the moment.

11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Some teams Down there are going to need replaced - simple maths makes anything possible at the moment.

And we are a Scottish team playing in Scotland and that is exactly the way it will stay. This talk is silly. 

Horatio Caine
13 hours ago, savage said:

We all think Scottish football is a joke, but it's no reason to punish our own club.

59 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

And we are a Scottish team playing in Scotland and that is exactly the way it will stay. This talk is silly. 

We would still be a Scottish team playing our home games in Edinburgh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 away games would be played elsewhere 😉 

14 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

Silly season indeed. 

If we don't ask we'll never find out.

Hectormasson
16 hours ago, savage said:

Ditto !

What is the ****ing point in us doing that?

Spend 10 years just getting to League Two, to do what exactly?  Go absolutely nowhere, winning absolutely nothing every single season?  Frothing at the gash over the prospect of being pumped out the FA Cup 4th round by Chelsea or Man City?  Sounds amazing right enough.

Even if we did make it to the Premiership, by some miracle, what's the next move?  Sell Tynecastle and move into Murrayfield permanently?  Throw everything at staying up, getting relegated and doing a Portsmouth / Bolton / Wigan/ insert many other teams who have crashed chasing the dream here.

We don't belong in the English leagues, and even if we did, why does everyone who suggests seem to think that we would take some God-given place at the top of it?  I would rather stay where we are than become some nothing mid-table Championship team who thinks stringing together a few wins and avoiding relegation is a "good season".

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

We would still be a Scottish team playing our home games in Edinburgh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 away games would be played elsewhere 😉 

Aw right yes. Got it. Great idea. Sign me up. 

Hearts1975
49 minutes ago, tian447 said:

What is the ****ing point in us doing that?

Spend 10 years just getting to League Two, to do what exactly?  Go absolutely nowhere, winning absolutely nothing every single season?  Frothing at the gash over the prospect of being pumped out the FA Cup 4th round by Chelsea or Man City?  Sounds amazing right enough.

Even if we did make it to the Premiership, by some miracle, what's the next move?  Sell Tynecastle and move into Murrayfield permanently?  Throw everything at staying up, getting relegated and doing a Portsmouth / Bolton / Wigan/ insert many other teams who have crashed chasing the dream here.

We don't belong in the English leagues, and even if we did, why does everyone who suggests seem to think that we would take some God-given place at the top of it?  I would rather stay where we are than become some nothing mid-table Championship team who thinks stringing together a few wins and avoiding relegation is a "good season".

Best post on the thread 

Hagar the Horrible

Posted this on another thread, that Lee Powers of Swindon thinks there will be between 30 and 40% of clubs going to the wall by SEPTEMBER?,  there wont be much left of a League 1 and League 2 will be pretty much wiped out, if that model is extended up here then there might not even be 9 other clubs left for us to play against in a made up league?  Nobody has a crystal ball but its just got to be strong possibility?  So we could apply and get in and be a Championship side in 2 years? 

Even clubs like Leeds and Birmingham are on borrowed time

Not going to happen but there are more possitives than negatives, albeit none more so than taking the holy grail from Celtic. 

We would be the only show in town!!!!! We can dream

Libertarian

I have never been so disillusioned with Scottish football as I am now and would now love to see us progress through the lower leagues in England. Playing in England would only benefit our club and get us away from the corrupt goldfish bowl of the Scottish game. I say this as someone who has campaigned for independence for my entire adult life and still support the concept, although I detest the sleaze ridden and incompetent SNP. 

There is merit in this idea. The game here is being cannibalised by Celtic fc who will eventually leave Scottish football to wither on the vine.  Their strategy is to join either a europa league with clubs from the elites of the lesser  European leagues or the English Premier. If we could join English league 1 and play the likes of Sunderland , Portsmouth etc it would be a novel and attractive proposition with the prospect of joining the English championship very lucrative . The SPFL lacks leadership, has no business acumen and is self destructing. Politically , whilst the SNP are riding high they are content riding on the gravy train and only talk up independence to appease their fan base. Their MSP’s are mostly Celtic minded and their minister for sport is a trumped up wee cooncillor who has zero influence on the SPFL . Let’s leave the burning building I say.

1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

Aw right yes. Got it. Great idea. Sign me up. 

Well done! Your signed! Just think of it being like playing in the Europa League, with home games at Tynecastle and the away ones at your opponents stadiums! 😉 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Edinburgh is the most anglicised city in Scotland with masses of English people working and studying here. What would be more attractive : Hibs v. Hamilton/ St Mirren / St Johnstone or Hearts v West Brom/ Sheffield Wed / Sunderland. The away end would be  full and bustling and the corporate sponsorship potential huge. If we got to a play off at Wembley ......massive.

Just now, Rannoch said:

Edinburgh is the most anglicised city in Scotland with masses of English people working and studying here. What would be more attractive : Hibs v. Hamilton/ St Mirren / St Johnstone or Hearts v West Brom/ Sheffield Wed / Sunderland. The away end would be  full and bustling and the corporate sponsorship potential huge. If we got to a play off at Wembley ......massive.

No play offs required, top 2 straight up!!

Libertarian

We could be entering the end game for Scottish football as it's highly likely that a large number of clubs won't survive the current crisis. Twelve months from now we could be entering either a British league or possibly an Atlantic/European league set up. Either way a club like Hearts could really benefit as we would have much more scope to grow as a club. Indeed Tynecastle may not be big enough for us in a few years 

stevie1874
On 19/05/2020 at 09:06, Jocam2325 said:

Are you not even a wee bit fed up with Scottish football?  I’ll agree I don’t think it would ever happen but the way things are with the league, the media,  referees we pay for a season ticket and it’s just to make up the numbers for a league for Celtic & Rangers. It’s depressing. 

Libertarian

This would be the ideal time to approach the English league about entry. Hearts would prosper in a bigger set up and the behaviour of the SPFL and the blatant corruption and incompetence of the Scottish football authorities exemplifies that we owe these people nothing and should leave asap. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

This would be the ideal time to approach the English league about entry. Hearts would prosper in a bigger set up and the behaviour of the SPFL and the blatant corruption and incompetence of the Scottish football authorities exemplifies that we owe these people nothing and should leave asap. 

It doesn't matter how good it would be for us, they don't want or need us.

Billybuffjaw
On 16/05/2020 at 08:30, Jambo_Lambo said:

Retain inclusion in the Scottish Cup and I’m on board with this 100%.

No doubt many challenges to bring it to fruition but they’re surely worth exploring!

Starting in the lower leagues would be an interesting part of the journey. Frankly, the majority of supports that travel to Tynie are absolutely pish anyway, so who cares about playing small English club initially if the potential end game is playing against clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds Utd etc etc on a weekly basis?

The odd Away day down south would be absolutely class too! 

The things lockdown can do to one's sense of realism is emm....... unreal.

Quite potentially if we are out in League 2 or 1 not the bottom. Also keep the Scottish cup. 

Also have a cup competition with Hibs once a year. Call it the Edinburgh cup. Two legs. One at home one at ER. 

Edited by JJ93

Interestingly: The reason Swansea are in the EnglishLeague along with Cardiff, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay, Merthyr Town and Newport is because, when these clubs were formed, there was no Welsh League, so their only option was to join the English League. ... On the 29th May 2013, the highest scoring draw in the FA Premier League occurred.

Riccarton3
On 19/05/2020 at 14:19, Rannoch said:

There is merit in this idea. The game here is being cannibalised by Celtic fc who will eventually leave Scottish football to wither on the vine.  Their strategy is to join either a europa league with clubs from the elites of the lesser  European leagues or the English Premier. If we could join English league 1 and play the likes of Sunderland , Portsmouth etc it would be a novel and attractive proposition with the prospect of joining the English championship very lucrative . The SPFL lacks leadership, has no business acumen and is self destructing. Politically , whilst the SNP are riding high they are content riding on the gravy train and only talk up independence to appease their fan base. Their MSP’s are mostly Celtic minded and their minister for sport is a trumped up wee cooncillor who has zero influence on the SPFL . Let’s leave the burning building I say.

Forgetting the feasibility, the existence of Heart of Midlothian outweighs any concerns for me about which association the club plays under. Scottish football is sick from top to bottom and I would not miss it.

Edited by Riccarton3