Players likely to move on

Ronald Villiers

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

He was scoring a goal every two games at Arbroath and has been pretty prolific in Reserve matches.

scored about a dozen goals in about 120 games maybe in his time..i think?

Edited by Hearts007

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• David McCaig

• Batistuta87

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

scored about a dozen goals in about 120 games maybe in his time..i think?

Still 22 and I definitely think he has something about him, this may be wishful thinking on my part, but given he has a year left on his contract, its up to Wighton to show his worth and it seems a no-brainer to stick with him in the Championship.

Batistuta87
10 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Bahrë is absolutely dog SHlT, and we didn’t sign Ludwig until January. 

Ah, fair enough - thought Bahre looked alright tbh, certainly good enough for us in our current state but you'll know better than me what he's like; and I thought Ludwig was a season long loan but turns out Struber signed him in Jan like you say :) 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Still 22 and I definitely think he has something about him, this may be wishful thinking on my part, but given he has a year left on his contract, its up to Wighton to show his worth and it seems a no-brainer to stick with him in the Championship.

We shall see

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

We shall see

I would caveat my prediction with the fact that the standard of the Championship is utterly horrific, so even scoring 30 goals doesn’t mean a player is necessarily good enough for the SPL.

Edited by David McCaig

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I would caveat my prediction with the fact that the standard of the Championship is utterly horrific, so even scoring 30 goals doesn’t mean a player is necessarily good enough for the SPL.

I think we will get shot of him and bring in other strikers

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

I think we will get shot of him and bring in other strikers

Let’s hope so, he’s utter shite.  Pinning hopes on CW now, dearie me. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Let’s hope so, he’s utter shite.  Pinning hopes on CW now, dearie me. 

Always thought he was a dud and was shocked we signed  him

Hectormasson
39 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

imo .doubt it

Couldn't hit a barn door from ten yards! Poor striker , better of at somewhere like arbroath ! Times I've watched him  he looks totally lost.......

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Couldn't hit a barn door from ten yards! Poor striker , better of at somewhere like arbroath ! Times I've watched him  he looks totally lost.......

Same

David McCaig
16 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Although somewhere like Arbroath is exactly where we are likely to be next season.  I wouldn’t renew his contract if it was up in the summer, but given he has another 12 months to go, I think he is someone who may do well at a lower level.

On 11/05/2020 at 13:04, Batistuta87 said:

Here's my thoughts on our squad...

One thing I don't want is for us to push to keep players who don't want to be here. 

I think Stendel probably wants to stay from what he's been saying about the club and about his time here so far. I think he's been amazed by how passionate the fans are and I think he likes it - but whether or not we can sustain his wages in the Championship is another question. If we can and if he's up for it, I would be glad to have him. As for the players, here goes (and this is all assuming we go down):

Keepers: 

Would like Zlamal to stay and I'd like to sign Hladky and promote Stone. That would give us two solid enough keepers for the Championship, and a youngster who could possibly earn his debut at some point.

Defence:

Souttar has a long term injury so will still be a Hearts player next season since he will not pass any medical in the meantime, unless he negotiates the termination of his contract. Halkett could have a release clause, if so, fair enough, if not I think he will make our defence impenetrable in the Championship. I would like for us to re-sign Dikamona as our main centre back, with Halkett. When Souttar comes back he can either earn his place back in the team, or be sold on. Garuccio is still under contract and think he will accept the drop and come down with us. Think he will be the best left back in the league. Can see us cashing in on Hickey because we'll need the money, but it would be fantastic if we could keep him. Brandon is out of contract - I'm sort of not really bothered either way if he renews or not because he's replaceable. Has looked alright in the few games he played last season and could be useful in the Championship but considering he's had 2 long term injuries at such a young age, that's a slight concern for me. Michael Smith will want to keep playing for NI, so in order to do so I suspect he will have to play at a higher level than the Championship. If that's the case, let him move on. He will be missed, but isn't completely irreplaceable. Berra is finished at Hearts I think. Will likely have a relegation clause, so can see a mutual termination or a season-long loan to see out the remainder of his contract. Bringing Petkov into the fold will add some depth without increasing any costs. 

Midfield:

Haring is a player that I very much want to see back in a Hearts jersey. I hope he repays the faith we've shown in him and sticks around. Bozanic -  if he fancies it, I would offer him a 1yr extension as he'd do a job in the Championship. Avdijaj of course

played very few games last season and didn't really look up to it, but I think a season in the Championship could make or break him - he could be absolutely fantastic, or maybe he's just lost it and won't ever fulfil the potential he had as a youngster. Sibbick clearly has a bit of promise, and Stendel likes him. It could be worth loaning him in for the season if his parent club allow it, as he could be a key player for us next year if he stays fit. Langer, not really bothered either way. Might be a useful squad player in the Championship but haven't really seen enough of him to decide. Walker and Clare will likely stroll the Championship but can we sustain both of their wages? If its a choice between the two, I'd keep Clare because he seems to have the better attitude and deserves to be a key player next season based on the improvements he's made last season. Damour was absolute humpty, but could be good in the Championship. Again wondering what his wages will be like and think I'd probably rather move him on. There's likely to be cheaper options available to us - such as Cochrane and Irving who I expect would go with the flow and accept the drop. I don't know if we have anyone in the Reserves we can promote. Any time I went to see them play we had Boz or Whelan playing centre mid with Cochrane, so never really got the chance to see anyone else.  

Attackers:

Uche... Dunno what to say about him really. Looked incredibly disinterested last season and didn't show us much on the pitch so in all honesty I'm feeling a bit like he can go and find himself a new club. I'm wondering what he'd be like in the Championship though, and could see him causing utter mayhem with his physical presence and his aggression. Naismith has already told us he's staying next season no matter what. I have a slight fear that he's just gone over the hill last season so is starting to fall away though. I really hope I'm wrong, and I hope he will be invaluable in the Championship, will completely stroll it, and will be our POTY. Boyce apparently has a release clause, but in the current climate I think clubs at his level will struggle to cough up the supposed £300k so we might manage to keep hold of him. Wouldn't be too disheartened at losing him for £300k considering it's money we might need and that its a profit on what we paid for him. I have a feeling that he really wants to be here though and will stick around - I think he'll be Shankland-like in the Championship and will score every other game though, so if we can keep him we should. Washington will be in the same boat as Smith I would imagine so reckon he'll maybe be away. 

Fully expect Moore and all the other youngsters to stay on board for next season and not to see any of our loanees again (other than Sibbick as above).

Apologies for the length bit just skip past me if you're not interested :) 

A good analysis. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

The point I was trying to make was no one was willing to take a chance on him at a higher level. UTD had the luxury of using him at a level where he was proven and which would massively help them get promoted. So, he made a big contribution to promotion and UTD now get to see if he can do it at the top.

He’s scored against us and Hibs, has caps now and scored at that level. I think we would’ve been better off taking a chance on him than signing Wighton/Uche/MacLean or even Washington to be honest.

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

A good analysis. 

Cheers, glad people are agreeing :) 

Changed my position RE: Damour and hope he's first out the door now after his comments in the media. Don't want to see him playing for us again even if we're desperate for players in the Championship. As a result I would definitely look to keep Boz around. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambmoz said:

Relegation removes us from the running for this type of transfer.

Shankkand signed for United in the Championship, he’s out scored Nisbet and want snapped up got much less than the tinpot Pars wasn’t. Nobody will have cash to buy him and getting him to sign a pre contract in January for our return to the top league is not out of the question.

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s scored against us and Hibs, has caps now and scored at that level. I think we would’ve been better off taking a chance on him than signing Wighton/Uche/MacLean or even Washington to be honest.

Yeah, don’t disagree, but no one was really willing to take the chance other than UTD. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Yeah, don’t disagree, but no one was really willing to take the chance other than UTD. 

Indeed, and they were wrong in my opinion.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cheers, glad people are agreeing :) 

Changed my position RE: Damour and hope he's first out the door now after his comments in the media. Don't want to see him playing for us again even if we're desperate for players in the Championship. As a result I would definitely look to keep Boz around. 

Given we desperately need to cut costs and may not be playing for another 15 months, why would we even consider awarding a new contract to someone who is off our payroll in a couple of weeks.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Given we desperately need to cut costs and may not be playing for another 15 months, why would we even consider awarding a new contract to someone who is off our payroll in a couple of weeks.

Obviously I know that. I meant taking the above into consideration, we should re-sign/extend Boz when the time comes (like what's happened with Dikamona who I would also re-sign if we can). He won't be on much and will be an affordable "keep" in the Championship. He is back in Oz currently however, and his contract is up soon so he might choose to stay there if a club comes in for him since their football season will probably resume/start before ours. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Obviously I know that. I meant taking the above into consideration, we should re-sign/extend Boz when the time comes (like what's happened with Dikamona who I would also re-sign if we can). He won't be on much and will be an affordable "keep" in the Championship. He is back in Oz currently however, and his contract is up soon so he might choose to stay there if a club comes in for him since their football season will probably resume/start before ours. 

It’s a good point, he would do as well as Gomis if not better but if he is offered a contract down there that’s fair enough. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

My brother is an arbroath fan of sorts, said he stood out a mile for them. 

Most games best player on the park. 

With him, confidence / personality is a big issue, he's comes across just so timid. 

I'm the championship he might be ok, but I'd rather Boyce and Naismith were about.

On 11/05/2020 at 13:04, Batistuta87 said:

Here's my thoughts on our squad...

One thing I don't want is for us to push to keep players who don't want to be here. 

I think Stendel probably wants to stay from what he's been saying about the club and about his time here so far. I think he's been amazed by how passionate the fans are and I think he likes it - but whether or not we can sustain his wages in the Championship is another question. If we can and if he's up for it, I would be glad to have him. As for the players, here goes (and this is all assuming we go down):

Keepers: 

Would like Zlamal to stay and I'd like to sign Hladky and promote Stone. That would give us two solid enough keepers for the Championship, and a youngster who could possibly earn his debut at some point.

Defence:

Souttar has a long term injury so will still be a Hearts player next season since he will not pass any medical in the meantime, unless he negotiates the termination of his contract. Halkett could have a release clause, if so, fair enough, if not I think he will make our defence impenetrable in the Championship. I would like for us to re-sign Dikamona as our main centre back, with Halkett. When Souttar comes back he can either earn his place back in the team, or be sold on. Garuccio is still under contract and think he will accept the drop and come down with us. Think he will be the best left back in the league. Can see us cashing in on Hickey because we'll need the money, but it would be fantastic if we could keep him. Brandon is out of contract - I'm sort of not really bothered either way if he renews or not because he's replaceable. Has looked alright in the few games he played last season and could be useful in the Championship but considering he's had 2 long term injuries at such a young age, that's a slight concern for me. Michael Smith will want to keep playing for NI, so in order to do so I suspect he will have to play at a higher level than the Championship. If that's the case, let him move on. He will be missed, but isn't completely irreplaceable. Berra is finished at Hearts I think. Will likely have a relegation clause, so can see a mutual termination or a season-long loan to see out the remainder of his contract. Bringing Petkov into the fold will add some depth without increasing any costs. 

Midfield:

Haring is a player that I very much want to see back in a Hearts jersey. I hope he repays the faith we've shown in him and sticks around. Bozanic -  if he fancies it, I would offer him a 1yr extension as he'd do a job in the Championship. Avdijaj of course

played very few games last season and didn't really look up to it, but I think a season in the Championship could make or break him - he could be absolutely fantastic, or maybe he's just lost it and won't ever fulfil the potential he had as a youngster. Sibbick clearly has a bit of promise, and Stendel likes him. It could be worth loaning him in for the season if his parent club allow it, as he could be a key player for us next year if he stays fit. Langer, not really bothered either way. Might be a useful squad player in the Championship but haven't really seen enough of him to decide. Walker and Clare will likely stroll the Championship but can we sustain both of their wages? If its a choice between the two, I'd keep Clare because he seems to have the better attitude and deserves to be a key player next season based on the improvements he's made last season. Damour was absolute humpty, but could be good in the Championship. Again wondering what his wages will be like and think I'd probably rather move him on. There's likely to be cheaper options available to us - such as Cochrane and Irving who I expect would go with the flow and accept the drop. I don't know if we have anyone in the Reserves we can promote. Any time I went to see them play we had Boz or Whelan playing centre mid with Cochrane, so never really got the chance to see anyone else.  

Attackers:

Uche... Dunno what to say about him really. Looked incredibly disinterested last season and didn't show us much on the pitch so in all honesty I'm feeling a bit like he can go and find himself a new club. I'm wondering what he'd be like in the Championship though, and could see him causing utter mayhem with his physical presence and his aggression. Naismith has already told us he's staying next season no matter what. I have a slight fear that he's just gone over the hill last season so is starting to fall away though. I really hope I'm wrong, and I hope he will be invaluable in the Championship, will completely stroll it, and will be our POTY. Boyce apparently has a release clause, but in the current climate I think clubs at his level will struggle to cough up the supposed £300k so we might manage to keep hold of him. Wouldn't be too disheartened at losing him for £300k considering it's money we might need and that its a profit on what we paid for him. I have a feeling that he really wants to be here though and will stick around - I think he'll be Shankland-like in the Championship and will score every other game though, so if we can keep him we should. Washington will be in the same boat as Smith I would imagine so reckon he'll maybe be away. 

Fully expect Moore and all the other youngsters to stay on board for next season and not to see any of our loanees again (other than Sibbick as above).

Apologies for the length bit just skip past me if you're not interested :) 

Stendel and his back room team would cost us about £20k+ per week based on current salaries. No way we should take that on as a Championship club especially given the fact that he has yet to prove he is any good. 

Hectormasson
6 hours ago, Robdawg said:

Just bring Kyle back 

Even half fit  lafferty would prob hit 15 goals +       I'd have him back........

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Even half fit  lafferty would prob hit 15 goals +       I'd have him back........

He'd get to ten and be greeting for rangers to Come and save him. 

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Stendel and his back room team would cost us about £20k+ per week based on current salaries. No way we should take that on as a Championship club especially given the fact that he has yet to prove he is any good. 

I totally agree.We need to become lean and mean.There is no place for salaries that we cant afford.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Having watched almost every home game at Barnsley last season I am 100% certain we would smash the championship next season with Stendel.

He had to work with the players we had at the club and we all know they have underperformed for at least 2 years.

On the positive side how long is it since we beat Rangers in back to back games and cruised to a win at Easter Road?

If he wants to stay and we can afford a package, maybe geared to promotion, he is our best option by a country mile.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Having watched almost every home game at Barnsley last season I am 100% certain we would smash the championship next season with Stendel.

He had to work with the players we had at the club and we all know they have underperformed for at least 2 years.

On the positive side how long is it since we beat Rangers in back to back games and cruised to a win at Easter Road?

If he wants to stay and we can afford a package, maybe geared to promotion, he is our best option by a country mile.

We'd smash the Championship with a John McGlynn/Eddie Malafeev dream team!!!

Hectormasson
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We'd smash the Championship with a John McGlynn/Eddie Malafeev dream team!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🇶🇦

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

My brother is an arbroath fan of sorts, said he stood out a mile for them. 

Most games best player on the park. 

With him, confidence / personality is a big issue, he's comes across just so timid. 

I'm the championship he might be ok, but I'd rather Boyce and Naismith were about.

Wighton could be a quality player but he needs to start showing. Sadly most of his games he partnered MacLean. That was a combination that was never going to produce much.  He needs a more physical player alongside him. Uche and him could do much better than some predict. I  expect Damour and Boyce to leave so hopefully we shrink the wage bill significantly with those two off it. 

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Wighton could be a quality player but he needs to start showing. Sadly most of his games he partnered MacLean. That was a combination that was never going to produce much.  He needs a more physical player alongside him. Uche and him could do much better than some predict. I  expect Damour and Boyce to leave so hopefully we shrink the wage bill significantly with those two off it. 

I think that is true.  In footballing terms he's not exactly a young boy any more and needs to fulfil the promise he showed in his earlier career. He's not cut to lead the line so the choice of partner could be a key factor. He's approaching a sink or swim season.

Great thread from Batistuta.  One of the best I've read on here for a long while.

Batistuta87
11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Great thread from Batistuta.  One of the best I've read on here for a long while.

Cheers Doug 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm going to say Wighton would thrive in closed door games. Far less pressure, scores in that league. Probably worth remembering, some of the opposition squads are going to be paper thin. Doubt it will be a 36 game league, if it is the target should be breaking our own records and coming back up with a hell of a vengeance

7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm going to say Wighton would thrive in closed door games. Far less pressure, scores in that league. Probably worth remembering, some of the opposition squads are going to be paper thin. Doubt it will be a 36 game league, if it is the target should be breaking our own records and coming back up with a hell of a vengeance

Amen to this about breaking our own record.

I think Wighton could actually do a job in that division. We will no doubt release him for him to go and score loads of goals.

Bunny Munro

Liam Boyce wants to stay, according to The Sun (with quotes).

"I have signed a contract for three and a half years and I've always sorted stayed but there are a lot of things that come into it.

"But if it is up to me I am staying and that is the way it is basically.

39 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

"I have signed a contract for three and a half years and I've always sorted stayed but there are a lot of things that come into it.

Good lad. Liked the look of him so far. A few seem underwhelmed, but he's been nursing a back injury and having to be rotated with Naisy. 

Fully fit, he's a goal a game near enough. 

AlimOzturk

There is no way we can have football with crowds with social distance measures in place. IMO we either allow them or don't. All these half measures are just wasting everyones time. Same with pubs..either allow them to open or don't. You can't do social distancing in Pubs. Imagine trying to socially distance in the jolly judge for example. 

Far to much overthinking. It's either unsafe or not and there is no half way measure IMO.

Bunny Munro
31 minutes ago, OTT said:

Good lad. Liked the look of him so far. A few seem underwhelmed, but he's been nursing a back injury and having to be rotated with Naisy. 

Fully fit, he's a goal a game near enough. 

He'll get 25+ on the championship for sure.

Bazzas right boot
On 14/05/2020 at 16:44, soonbe110 said:

tbh, You are correct but also I want a team  that can step up.

It will be all about the money, as in what we can afford and demand, but a winning Hearts team will get 16-18k per home game. Nothing much will change in fact, avoid the uglies away in the cup, maybe Aberdeen as well. FFS I've been told hibs won a cup when in the lower league, it's a financial ball ache but as long as we come up it will be ok

Not that we should be in the bottom 6, but

A Hearts team top of the championship like last time is probably better than a Hearts team pissing about in 5th, 6th 7th or 8th in the top league.

The money is the problem, Thank **** we have Ann atm.

Both Boyce and Souttar seem to be indicating they will stay with us. Both would stroll the championship IMO and if we can keep them it would go a long way to towards us winning that league.

alicante jambo
9 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Good lad. That is what you want to hear from the players. Would love him to stay.

Boyce is the type of player we’ve been crying out for. Really pleased with his comments. Now, if we can get some speed into our attack!!!! 

Bunny Munro

We simply have to push to get up next year. We can't 'do a hibs' and wallow down there for a few years, with the FOH money having been paid, the club should have some cash lying around when we can back to the top flight. We need to use the advantage.

lisburnjambo

Northern Ireland international Liam Boyce says he wants to stay at Hearts no matter what happens this summer and hopes boss Daniel Stendel remains at the club as well.

The 46-year-old manager, currently working for free, has a release clause in his Gorgie contract in the event of the club suffering the drop.

Having been persuaded by the German to head back north of the border from Burton on a three-and-a-half-year deal in January, former Cliftonville hero Boyce isn't planning to jump ship if the club's relegation is rubber stamped by the SPFL board.

He said: "Since I've been here he (Stendel) has been brilliant with me.

"When I had my sore back, he was great at giving me a rest and trying to give me the best opportunity to get me back playing the way I was when I first joined.

"He was looking after me that way, and always talking to you.

"He always has a game plan with tactics for every team and I've never seen that sort of detail.

"Obviously every manager does it but the kind of detail he goes into is class.

"So it was good - you learn stuff off him and I'd like him to stay.

"Obviously it hasn't worked out this season but I think he is a really good manager the way he sets up a team and with the way he talks.

"But this decision - whatever it is - could change a lot of things. You don't know what the club is doing, what the club is thinking.

"I have signed a contract for three and a half years and I've always stayed but there are a lot of things that come into it.

"But if it is up to me I am staying and that is the way it is basically."

Stendel's representative Timo Rodewald has insisted no decision has yet been made regarding his future.

Delighted with Boycies comments. Good lad. 👍 

He'll score 25-30 in the Championship no bother. 

I still don't think we'll be there next season however. 

upgotheheads

Stendel's representative Timo Rodewald has insisted no decision has yet been made regarding his future.

Who's he referring to?