Players likely to move on

Ronald Villiers

hmfc_liam06
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re really going to town on us today. The good news is it sounds like he will want to leave. He said it took time to get used to having no time on the ball, when do you get that in the English Championship either 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

I went to a Birmingham game in December and was amazed at how much time they get on the ball. It's 100x faster up here*

*Obviously from a small sample of what I've witnessed :lol:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• David McCaig

• Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Apprarently in England alone it is expected that over 1,500 footballers will become "unemployed" over the next couple of months. That's a scary number, but many clubs will have no option but to terminate contracts if they want to survive. I can see a number of top flight Scottish clubs being in serious financial trouble after (or during) all this too. St Johnstone in particular I think will have problems. I just remember the situation with Matty Kennedy and that it sounded like they were skint. Considering that they were in a relegation battle, I was amazed that they accepted such a small fee to let him move to Aberdeen in January rather than at the end of the season. 

I think Hearts are one of the luckier clubs in this situation. Our FoH contributions will go a long way to ensuring we can keep paying the players we want to keep and to let us negotiate deals to move on those we don't. I think we will emerge from this as one of the stronger teams in Scotland, despite probably being in the Championship, and will have our pick of the free agents looking to Scotland for a club.

I would however like to see us selling more season tickets and am slightly concerned at our initial low numbers, because that's money right into the club's bank account. I know we're maybe not going to see a lot of football at Tynecastle next year but the club are guaranteeing us all 18 home games - even if they need to carry over to next season - so we're still going to get our money's worth. Chances are that season ticket holders will also get to watch via Hearts TV while we can't actually go to games too, so I've renewed mine and my wee boy's. 

Clubs will also have smaller squads with less income.

I think Wright wanted Kennedy to stay and the sold him anyway, one of the reasons he fell out with the board.

I think the ST situation is a combination of finance deal, people in furlough or losing their jobs, what league we will be in and finally getting rid of Levein. I would expect more to be taken up shortly.

FoH payments help as do cuts and furlough scheme, we might need a few more off the wage bill if we are demoted. Hopefully the next raft of signings are off a better quality and we might need to restructure the bonus system too.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I went to a Birmingham game in December and was amazed at how much time they get on the ball. It's 100x faster up here*

*Obviously from a small sample of what I've witnessed :lol:

I don’t really watch that much to be honest but it seems a bit blood and thunder too? Maybe bigger pitches at bigger grounds make a difference?

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t really watch that much to be honest but it seems a bit blood and thunder too? Maybe bigger pitches at bigger grounds make a difference?

Aye maybe. Lee gets a lot of stick for sauntering about but I figure it's just what it's like down there. There was definitely no real impetus at this game anyway.

Pasquale for King
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Aye maybe. Lee gets a lot of stick for sauntering about but I figure it's just what it's like down there. There was definitely no real impetus at this game anyway.

Let’s just hope he goes to a league where he’s more suited then 👍🏽👋🏿.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s just hope he goes to a league where he’s more suited then 👍🏽👋🏿.

He can saunter himself to ****.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Hopefully this ****ing chancer:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-damour-hearts-confession-midfielder-22013380

He signed because “hearts offered me a contract I couldn’t refuse” 

Four years.  Cheers Craig. 

G T F Damour. Not interested in playing for us next season if we're relegated - a position we're only in because of the players and that includes you (probably more so than some others since you were utterly useless every minute of every game you played).  

Total shambles of a signing, and it now turns out he's a total fud as well. Get rid of him, now! 

3fingersreid

So he says he wants to leave as it’s not interesting ( if we go down) but he might need to stay because the contract he’s got is good for him . 
Oh great we’ll have a player earning good money and who’s not interested , take a bow CL ,this must be up there with the best of your ****ups .

Question tho , did no one actually query the decision to offer this deal , too many yes men, not enough balls to ask, fear of being ostracised for doing so ? Why did no one query it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Batistuta87
24 minutes ago, His name is said:

Slightly of tpoic, come the end of the month, Hamilton will only have 6 players on the books.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hamilton-academical-fc/kader/verein/2999/saison_id/2019/plus/1

Interesting indeed - so their wage bill will be next to nothing whilst we're all shut down which will obviously see them through. 

Would you take any of them at Hearts? I'd possibly consider Gogic but that's about it.

Batistuta87
37 minutes ago, His name is said:

Slightly of tpoic, come the end of the month, Hamilton will only have 6 players on the books.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hamilton-academical-fc/kader/verein/2999/saison_id/2019/plus/1

This got me looking at others... Killie will only have five! 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kilmarnock-fc/kader/verein/2553 

Squad full of loan players....

Also had a look at Barnsley and a couple of DS' signings could be available - Radlinger (GK) and Bahre (CM) are out of contract and he brought them both from Hannover, and they're both quite decent (Bahre being vice captain at only 24). He also brought Kilian Ludewig but he was only on loan and unlikely a player like him (whose parent club is RB Salzburg) will fancy a season with Hearts. 

Edited by Batistuta87

What a ****ing cheek Damour has. He's been better for the opposition than for us in most his games.

🤬🤬🤬

East Lothian Jambo

The money we'll by paying Loic Damour would make your eyes water I suspect. This is a guy recruited from English Championship club who had been Premiership side only months earlier

That type of player isn't coming for any less than £5k a week minimum. Probably more 

Blackford Hearts
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Hopefully this ****ing chancer:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-damour-hearts-confession-midfielder-22013380

He signed because “hearts offered me a contract I couldn’t refuse” 

Four years.  Cheers Craig. 

In fairness he never said he would leave, the Daily Rag just made up that bit to make a negative headline. We all knew he got a big contract that was for 4 years. Another no news negative article! 

Selkirkhmfc1874
37 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

What a ****ing cheek Damour has. He's been better for the opposition than for us in most his games.

🤬🤬🤬

Exactly! Clause 12 bye bye thanks for sod all

Naisysback
On 09/05/2020 at 12:22, jbee647 said:

You are probably right, unfortunately another rebuild required, like last time we will need to sign players to get us out the championship, no danger we will manage it with a bunch of kids, the likes of Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald will get eaten up in the championship (I do believe they could be decent players someday)

We will need Gomis and Bauben type players to get us straight back up, then another rebuild when we come back to the premiership 

McDonald played 15 times for ICT under Robbo when they got to the play offs and he was out for 2 months injured, he didnt get eaten up then so very much doubt 2 years older, stronger he would now. Harry was a linchpin in the cm of Hearts team against international players so doubt he would get eaten up. 

They are not wee boys anymore, 19yrs old, much more capable of handling physicality even though they have never been eaten up in games before.

This is the kind of approach we should have, a core of young energetic fearlees players aided by senior pros. A chance to shape the club away from the scattergun approach of Levein and MacPhee.

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

The money we'll by paying Loic Damour would make your eyes water I suspect. This is a guy recruited from English Championship club who had been Premiership side only months earlier

That type of player isn't coming for any less than £5k a week minimum. Probably more 

He probably has cost us as many points as Pereira.

I have lost track of the amount of times he lost possession in front of the defence leading to us losing a goal. 

We should use the pandemic clause in his contract to get rid of him.

East Lothian Jambo
10 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He probably has cost us as many points as Pereira.

I have lost track of the amount of times he lost possession in front of the defence leading to us losing a goal. 

We should use the pandemic clause in his contract to get rid of him.

Agreed. A desperate disappointment and a complete waste of money 

I'm equally furious with the way our club has been run as I am with the governance and corruption in the game up here 

Leveins Battalion

The cash spunked on shite like Damour etc,if figures are to believed we could get guys like Nisbet from Dunfermine,other young players in the SPFL out of contract.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

🤬🤬🤬

ie v hibs & celtic at tyney mom for them 😡😡😡💩💩💩💩💩💩

6 years to the day since Budgement day, we seem to have come fully circle. Scottish football is in turmoil and we have so many players on our books that simply are not good enough. 

No matter what happens to us as a club, we need a shake up like that day, out with the dross, shake up the coaching staff, bring in fresh ideas, wherever we are playing 

3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The cash spunked on shite like Damour etc,if figures are to believed we could get guys like Nisbet from Dunfermine,other young players in the SPFL out of contract.

There is no guarantee Nisbet will be any better than we already have.  There are many players like him (Reilly, Wyness etc) who managed to be prolific in the lower divisions but pony in the top division.

7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly! Clause 12 bye bye thanks for sod all

Not sure that'll happen after previously agreeing wage reductions 

Bazzas right boot
On 09/05/2020 at 13:04, jambopilms said:

Two decent solid professional midfielders needed, like mentioned before in Prince and Gomis

Bozanic and Lee are as good as they two.

Would stroll the championship. 

2 hours ago, bigmack said:

Not sure that'll happen after previously agreeing wage reductions 

I think the law allows for redundancy if it's financially necessary which is highly likely if we are in the Championship.

Guest ToqueJambo

We'll have no bother building the best side in that league if we have the right man in charge. I'd like Robbo, but if we're going to build around youngsters could Andy Kirk be the man, as Neilson was?

In a division with Hibs, Rangers and a half-decent Falkirk side, young, inexperienced players like Walker, Nicholson, King, McHattie, McGhee and Holt more than held their own. Only three of those really established themselves at Premiership level. Others like Bauben, Keatings, Wilson, Gomis and co had decent experience but had never hit the heights. They were standouts in the league. Keatings wasn't even a regular for us and got lots of goals. Added to that were some random loans and players whose careers had faltered recently through injury or whatever like Sow, Pallardo, Ozturk and Eckersley. Other youngsters slotted in as needed for 5-10 games. There's no doubt Neilson's knowledge of the young players and experience working with them helped there.

My big worry about which players to retain is identifying which ones are up for it and which ones have been badly affected by last season. We started with a lot of confidence last time down there and will want to do that again. It might not be possible with a lot of the same players.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

There is no guarantee Nisbet will be any better than we already have.  There are many players like him (Reilly, Wyness etc) who managed to be prolific in the lower divisions but pony in the top division.

You're right about that. It's a big step up from the Championship.

Mind you, we'll be in the Championship but we want players who can become good enough to be top 4 SPFL players when we are eventually promoted. No point in signing players for one season and binning them the next. 

Also, playing for Hearts comes with expectations that the current lot can't handle. So it's not just about being good enough, it is also about whether they have the bottle to consistently perform to that level of expectation. 

I don't know a lot about this lad Nisbet but if we had actual decent scouts, maybe they would. 

Charlie-Brown-

I don't know who will stay or go but 75% of these useless fuds can GTF we are in the position we are today precisely because of their abysmal performances aon field nd abysmal  off field management too.

We need to clear out the stables. 

The young players excepted.

Leveins Battalion
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Oh well let's never look to take a promising player from a lower division and develop ever again.Let's go to the English championship and sign 29 year old who couldn't give a shit.🤷‍♂️

Genuine question but considering the wages half the squad were in why would a relegation clause be put in? I assume it’s by the club as opposed the players?

Say Boyce gets £6k a week why would we even think of being relegated with a £6k a week striker 

unless of course it’s just standard practise 

hmfc_liam06

Can we please stop the Nisbet chat :lol:

Dunfermline turned down more than half a million for him in January. What makes folk think he's an attainable target for us?

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Dunfermline turned down more than half a million for him in January. What makes folk think he's an attainable target for us?

Wouldn't risk it personally. Could end up being another Wighton, and being utterly useless in the big league. I'm really keen to see how Shankland does next season. I wonder if he'll be anywhere near as prolific. 

I'm sure there's some free agent or pre-contacts goalscorers out there, its just up to our scouting team to find them. In fact I'm 100% certain of it - a quick look at Transfermrkt gives literally hundreds of options. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wouldn't risk it personally. Could end up being another Wighton, and being utterly useless in the big league. I'm really keen to see how Shankland does next season. I wonder if he'll be anywhere near as prolific. 

I'm sure there's some free agent or pre-contacts goalscorers out there, its just up to our scouting team to find them. In fact I'm 100% certain of it - a quick look at Transfermrkt gives literally hundreds of options. 

I had Dundee United moving for Nisbet this summer after Shankland moved on. Not sure how it'll play out now mind you.

David McCaig

Craig WIghton is more than capable of scoring 20 goals in a Championship season.  He is obviously a guy with a lot of a talent and equally fragile confidence... a duck shoot in the Championship may actually be exactly what his career needs.

David McCaig
3 hours ago, salvo69 said:

Genuine question but considering the wages half the squad were in why would a relegation clause be put in? I assume it’s by the club as opposed the players?

Say Boyce gets £6k a week why would we even think of being relegated with a £6k a week striker 

We were bottom of the League when we signed Boyce

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I had Dundee United moving for Nisbet this summer after Shankland moved on. Not sure how it'll play out now mind you.

Utd did it the right way with shankland. They signed a proven goal scorer at the level they were at. So, worse case scenario they paid money for a guy whose goals essentially got them promoted. As a bonus they now Get to see if he can do it in the premiership. Almost like a free hit

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah heard this too - they wanted about £3M from QPR for Shankland though and don't think that's gonna happen right now. But aye if there is a buyer out there then £3M in for Shankland and £500k or so out on Nisbet would be a superb bit of business for them. Again it would be risky as there's no guarantee that Nisbet will score enough goals in the Premiership to keep them up but would give them some money in the bank for strengthening their team for next season. 

hmfc_liam06
22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah heard this too - they wanted about £3M from QPR for Shankland though and don't think that's gonna happen right now. But aye if there is a buyer out there then £3M in for Shankland and £500k or so out on Nisbet would be a superb bit of business for them. Again it would be risky as there's no guarantee that Nisbet will score enough goals in the Premiership to keep them up but would give them some money in the bank for strengthening their team for next season. 

Yeah makes perfect sense for them.

On 12/05/2020 at 13:51, Batistuta87 said:

This got me looking at others... Killie will only have five! 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kilmarnock-fc/kader/verein/2553 

Squad full of loan players....

Also had a look at Barnsley and a couple of DS' signings could be available - Radlinger (GK) and Bahre (CM) are out of contract and he brought them both from Hannover, and they're both quite decent (Bahre being vice captain at only 24). He also brought Kilian Ludewig but he was only on loan and unlikely a player like him (whose parent club is RB Salzburg) will fancy a season with Hearts. 

Bahrë is absolutely dog SHlT, and we didn’t sign Ludwig until January. 

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Craig WIghton is more than capable of scoring 20 goals in a Championship season.  He is obviously a guy with a lot of a talent and equally fragile confidence... a duck shoot in the Championship may actually be exactly what his career needs.

I’m not really sure if his career so far would really show this to be the truth, he’s no Lawrence Shankland or even Gavin Reilly.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

Utd did it the right way with shankland. They signed a proven goal scorer at the level they were at. So, worse case scenario they paid money for a guy whose goals essentially got them promoted. As a bonus they now Get to see if he can do it in the premiership. Almost like a free hit

He was on a free but was on high wages I think, their 133% wages to turnover ratio finally paid off. 

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He’s in the last year of his contract, pre contract in January if games are back by then, its the kind of move we should be making to take players off these clubs that voted to demote us. 

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, salvo69 said:

It is standard practice in all contracts apparently, wonder if Messi has it 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔😜? It’s a bit like clause 12 up here anyway.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was on a free but was on high wages I think, their 133% wages to turnover ratio finally paid off. 

The point I was trying to make was no one was willing to take a chance on him at a higher level. UTD had the luxury of using him at a level where he was proven and which would massively help them get promoted. So, he made a big contribution to promotion and UTD now get to see if he can do it at the top.

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s in the last year of his contract, pre contract in January if games are back by then, its the kind of move we should be making to take players off these clubs that voted to demote us. 

Relegation removes us from the running for this type of transfer.

22 hours ago, David McCaig said:

imo .doubt it

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

imo .doubt it

He was scoring a goal every two games at Arbroath and has been pretty prolific in Reserve matches.