Players likely to move on

Ronald Villiers

Pasquale for King
Just now, Cruyff said:

He's been great more often than he hasn't in his time at Hearts. One of the best Centerhalfs in Scotland and he's still got plenty years in him. He's just been unlucky with injury. 

Yeah there’s so much competition at CH in Scotland, there’s barely a decent one in the country. The highest rated one is complete donkey, still ahead of Souttar. Unlucky is one or two injuries, when they’re starting to spread around you’ve got real problems. I just can see him progressing any further if he can’t play a run of games without being injured continually when there nobody near him. If he doesn’t play more consistently and work in his obvious weaknesses he’s unlikely to get another contract with us.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• David McCaig

• Batistuta87

Guest ToqueJambo

The internationals and higher earners will no doubt leave. Washington, Smith, probably Boyce, maybe Naismith although I'd try to keep him and get him into coaching and maybe manager/assistant manager. The likes of Walker, Souttar, Halkett and Haring might stay to use the Champ to get over their injuries and recover form. Sibbick will no doubt only stay if Stendel does. 

Ironically, It's the likes of Clare and Wighton who could flourish in the Championship in a less pressurised environment. They could either see this as a chance to establish themselves or use it as an excuse to leave. Maybe someone like Olly Lee too. None have really impressed enough to get a move to a club our size though, so it might depend on wages.

merseyjambo

Nap that Smith Washington and Boyce go.

Hickey will go as well as his fee will financially help soften the demotion blow.

I don’t rate Uche but in the Championship he would be a difficult prospect for defences. 

Naismith has already previously indicated his willingness to stay If we go down. If DS does leave, I’d be tempted to give him the player/manager gig like we did with Doddy all those years ago. 

Clare has shown with the right manager he is a different player but I’m not sure that he’d want to stay.

If Bobby is under contract, I’d keep him as he will be no worse than most of keepers in that league but I’d like to see Stone get some game time to see if he is what the hype reckons he might be.

Garruchio and Bozanic would be solid enough at that level.

McDonald injury free and with the right manager should flourish at that level.

Lee could cope at that level. As for the others, Berra went way down in my estimations after running to the press when DS told him to find another club. Could he do job, yes but not sure I could forgive him for his behaviour. Wighton has shown he clearly is a Championship level player but I believe that playing in front of 2 men and a dog in Arbroath is better for him than playing in front of 15k fans. I don’t think he could handle pressure.

Bobby

New RB/Halkett/Berra or preferably New CH/Garruchio

Winger/Bozanic/Haring (if fit)/McDonald

Naismith/New CF

Leaves 

Cochrane

Uche

Lee

Not sure where guys like Irving and Moore are contract wise so they would have to be considered as well

Dikamona I’d bring back as he’d be solid in the Championship.

jblair182
5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I think a small smattering of players will stay and most will go. 

Zlamal, Brandon, Berra, White, Garrucio, Walker, Naismith I think will stay. 

Jesus. I hope you’re wrong.

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Can see Berra being useful in the Championship. He would be good at that level. 

I agree with that, he massively improved the Scumdee defence last season, and after that lot shafting us, there’s no danger we should be leaving him there, bring him home and he can help us get out of the Championship. 

There’s absolutely no danger we should be doing any business with Scumdee ever again, they can rot 

From our players we should be doing everything to keep:

Michael Smith

John Souttar

Conor Washington

Steven Naismith

Andy Irving

Aaron Hickey

Sean Clare

I would like to see Toby Sibbick come back on loan again - he really didn't get a chance to prove himself because of injury and the league being suspended, but he looked like he could be a quality player.  Hopefully Barnsley agree that another loan would benefit him.

I would hope that Peter Haring would be closer to a return after an extended time off, and desperately want him to be here next season (whenever that is).

If we do go down, the following players could have an absolute ball in the Championship and could gain some much needed confidence, as well as time to iron out any weak parts of their game for a return to Top Flight football:

Uche Ikpeazu

Craig Halkett

Donis Advijaj

Oliver Bozanic

It's harsh, but I'm really not that fussed about the others.  If they left, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah there’s so much competition at CH in Scotland, there’s barely a decent one in the country. The highest rated one is complete donkey, still ahead of Souttar. Unlucky is one or two injuries, when they’re starting to spread around you’ve got real problems. I just can see him progressing any further if he can’t play a run of games without being injured continually when there nobody near him. If he doesn’t play more consistently and work in his obvious weaknesses he’s unlikely to get another contract with us.

Shit happens. Still would keep him for good if he can managed 25 games a season. 

13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

From our players we should be doing everything to keep:

Michael Smith

John Souttar

Conor Washington

Steven Naismith

Andy Irving

Aaron Hickey

Sean Clare

Smith and Washington are 100% gone. They don't want to be here. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Shit happens. Still would keep him for good if he can managed 25 games a season. 

They have international careers to think of. Don't blame them and to be honest we can find players good enough to stand out at that level for a lot lower wages.

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, jblair182 said:

Jesus. I hope you’re wrong.

Why? That, along with the youngsters, would easily be the best side in the championship if we have the right manager to work with them. No other club will have anyone even close to the quality of Naismith, Walker and Berra. The others are fine for that level if nothing special.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

They have international careers to think of. Don't blame them and to be honest we can find players good enough to stand out at that level for a lot lower wages.

It's not their international careers they are thinking of. They are raging because they had to accept a paycut when other teams are deferring wages, they think that it is unfair. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

It's not their international careers they are thinking of. They are raging because they had to accept a paycut when other teams are deferring wages, they think that it is unfair. 

I'm not privy to what they think, but I meant they want to play International football and being in the Scottish Championship will make that harder. Same for Boyce.

indianajones

I'm not privy to what they think, but I meant they want to play International football and being in the Scottish Championship will make that harder. Same for Boyce.

They should've tried harder then. 

Not sure about that. N. Ireland have only got about 20 decent players to choose from.

Unsure about Boyce, he might stay considering he has just moved here. I think losing him would be the biggest disappointment because he scores a lot of goals. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not sure about that. N. Ireland have only got about 20 decent players to choose from.

Unsure about Boyce, he might stay considering he has just moved here. I think losing him would be the biggest disappointment because he scores a lot of goals. 

True. Hughes still got games for NI despite not getting a game for us. I hope we keep them all. Unless we push them out to save money, they'll have to decide between a season playing in a pretty easy league in a winning team (scoring lots potentially if you're Washington or Boyce) and then straight back up to the level they want to play at. Or take a risk going to another club where after one year they could be playing at a lower level than they would have been if they'd stayed at Hearts. Hibs, us, D Utd and Rangers all proved that decent players will put up with a season or so in the Championship if the wages are right.

We'll have no problem recruiting players to skoosh that level. The big decision is who the manager is. Hibs, D Utd and Rangers all took too long to go up because they initially made poor managerial appointments for that level.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Boyce would score a hatful at that level, would be our Shankland and would be essential if we want an instant return to the top division, as Dundee Utd realised a regular goal scorer will make all the difference and worth his weight in gold at that level 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Much will depend on finance. 

Imagine other clubs are going to be ravaged 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Much will depend on finance. 

Imagine other clubs are going to be ravaged 

Yeah. If you're getting an acceptable wage at a club our size (even destined for the Championship), you'll be better off than a lot of footballers will be.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah. If you're getting an acceptable wage at a club our size (even destined for the Championship), you'll be better off than a lot of footballers will be.

It may actually help clear out and save money,  while Sheep and vermin still have deferred wages to pay on limited finance. 

Get the correct compensation in court we could yet come out of this on the other side healthier than others 

41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:(

That's gutting, Smith in particular is a cracking player!  

Ricardo Shillyshally

Boyce and Clare not interested in playing in the 2nd tier. Is what i heard.

Rumours are Boyce has a relegation clause of £300k.

However who in this climate would pay this? Plus over £3k wages 

Surely not the filth down Leef 

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I agree with that, he massively improved the Scumdee defence last season, and after that lot shafting us, there’s no danger we should be leaving him there, bring him home and he can help us get out of the Championship. 

There’s absolutely no danger we should be doing any business with Scumdee ever again, they can rot 

Bang on TOB

iain ferguson

First thing is to get Stendel and his team out and with bring in Robbo or Naismith depending on his coaching ability. Stendel’s naive and one dimensional approach has played a major part in us being in this position (agree Levein played a bigger part) but some of the performances at Tynecastle were awful. Can only imagine there will be a huge turnover of players although not many clubs will have money to spend, especially in Scotland.

I want them all gone and could not give a **** if they end up begging on the streets. No club worth their salt would employ one of these sacks of shite. **** them all.

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

In the current climate no one is going to pay 300k for a player at a time when they are asking there players to take wage cuts and deferrals, You would have to question the moral stance, as well as the financial aspect, certainly not the clubs playing at a level who would look to sign a player like Boyce

Looking forward to a fresh start players wise. We will be the only ones revamp their squad that is for sure. 

jambopilms

Any player who thinks they are better than the championship can go because they are the reason we are there. 

Pick up a few of the many professional decent honest players who will be out of contract soon. Can't do any worse than the last lot. 

Naismith can go too, no chance he will play more than a dozen games in the championship without declaring himself knackered

27 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

In the current climate no one is going to pay 300k for a player at a time when they are asking there players to take wage cuts and deferrals, You would have to question the moral stance, as well as the financial aspect, certainly not the clubs playing at a level who would look to sign a player like Boyce

Totally agree 

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Mikey Smith’s wife is moving to their new family home in Bristol, I believe, with or without Mikey in June. Smith wants out, he will 100% be away. I’d also put Washington and Boyce into that bracket as well. 

I think it’ll be easier for me to say I’d like to keep Naismith, Clare, Haring, Souttar, Walker and Hickey. Everyone else can bolt. 

Bye Mikey. It's been bang average. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

rudi must stay

I think we'll see Berra, Uche, Damour and Meshino gone

If Stendel is smart, which I've no reason to doubt he isn't. Boyce and others (Walker, Clare) will be key men next season 

We have the makings of a decent team, somehow 

5 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Not sure how English clubs finances are impacted but it would be great if a championship or league one club from south could sign him. Imagine 300k would go a way to covering some of the costs of the virus.

9 hours ago, Rods said:

We need a mass clear out from bottom to top.

This. They have all been a shambles. Doubt most of them will want to stay anyway.

There’s no danger Hearts are paying Naismith five figures a week for the second tier. All the high earners- presumably including Berra if there’s a relegation clause in the contract- will be gone the moment relegation is confirmed. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, JCR said:

There’s no danger Hearts are paying Naismith five figures a week for the second tier. All the high earners- presumably including Berra if there’s a relegation clause in the contract- will be gone the moment relegation is confirmed. 

There’s no danger Hearts are paying Naismith five figures a week

Ultimately methinks the tag line for the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre film- “Who will survive and what will be left of them?” applies to Scottish football at the moment. 

Until we find out, everything else is sound and fury, signifying nothing. 

Jambo 4 Ever
19 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

He'll end up at Aberdeen.

I'm still convinced Naismith will remain.

Why would Naismith stay if he wants to play for Scotland 

9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He’s already stated publicly when he took a 50% cut that he would be here next year, whichever league that would be in. 

Leveins Battalion

Every single one of they gutless self entitled shite bags need emptied from Hearts.

Complete change in signing policy is required.Young ,hungry players looking to improve themselfs and privileged to wear the Hearts shirt should be a start.

The days of us being a last pay day for old pro's or a rehabilitation centre for misfits and crocks is over.

Trying to predict who will stay and who will go is like trying to predict when the world will get back to normality - Impossible and pointless.

No-one knows what cuts will be made at any club in any league, the market will be flooded with players. Lots may need to go part time and some may have to quit the game altogether.

Budgets will be unknown and having a relegation/expulsion on their recent clubs CV will help them get a new job I’m sure.

Roll on January when we should have a better idea, the players going out of contract soon may be kicking their feet for 6 months and players won’t be match fit for a long long time.

jambopilms

I'm not sure Boyce and Washington have done anything to prove they are better than the championship. Apparently they are good players but they haven't shown it. Smith has been decent but in previous seasons a player like him wouldn't have a starting place, bang average and no better than most SPFL teams have to choose from. Shows how poor our recruitment has been when Michael Smith is our best. 

Someone need to go through the dressing room and cull all the self interested, no fight, bad attitude, money grabbing or lazy players because there is a bad smell in there and it affects the whole club. We wouldn't be left with many.

42 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Every single one of they gutless self entitled shite bags need emptied from Hearts.

Complete change in signing policy is required.Young ,hungry players looking to improve themselfs and privileged to wear the Hearts shirt should be a start.

The days of us being a last pay day for old pro's or a rehabilitation centre for misfits and crocks is over.

This 😭😢😓😭😢😓

sandylejambo

There will be loads of players looking for clubs, Scotland is not the only country that's struggling, invoke section 12 And scoop up a whole new squad of the best 18 we can afford while keeping some of the better laddies we have, the seniors we have are not up to it, bin them all.

Gorillajam
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

I believe he will stay but that isn't the same as wanting him to stay. He's not going to be playing for Scotland given his injury issues. He's not playing enough football and to be quite frank, he's been poor since his return from injury. He's on a big wage, he's old, injury prone and has been poor. We need to REBUILD. 

Toxteth O'Grady

We need to get rid of everyone we possibly can. There wont be any football any time soon and when it does resume there will be plenty players looking for clubs.

This is a chance to start again.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, cb1874 said:

He’s already stated publicly when he took a 50% cut that he would be here next year, whichever league that would be in. 

Means nothing 

Any employer can make employees redundant, provided they follow the legally required processes. Just because players have contracts with the club, doesn't mean they can't be made redundant. The club couldn't then go out straight away and replace them, but as with any business we are perfectly entitled to reduce our headcount and employee costs when we need to, no matter what length of contract employees have. Clearly we need to cut our costs significantly with what's happened to us, so I'd expect the announcement of redundancies to start before too long.

husref musemic
3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We need to get rid of everyone we possibly can. There wont be any football any time soon and when it does resume there will be plenty players looking for clubs.

This is a chance to start again.

spot on. worked very well in 2014.