Players likely to move on

Ronald Villiers

Absolute Scenes
23 hours ago, indianajones said:

Boyce is exactly the type of player we have been missing for many years. Build a team with guys with his mentality and you cant go far wrong.

Hundred percent. Think I’ve seen him say he wants to stay? Right away he’s showing he doesn’t care where we are, he just wants to play for us. Saw someone say “he’s really set the heather on fire eh?” We are not going to be in a position to attract decent strikers of his calibre with all going on so I think they don’t realise we have a pretty clinical striker on our hands

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• David McCaig

• Batistuta87

13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Hundred percent. Think I’ve seen him say he wants to stay? Right away he’s showing he doesn’t care where we are, he just wants to play for us. Saw someone say “he’s really set the heather on fire eh?” We are not going to be in a position to attract decent strikers of his calibre with all going on so I think they don’t realise we have a pretty clinical striker on our hands

I don’t think he said he actually wants to stay. I personally think he will leave - cannot not justify even 50% of his wages whilst in the Championship 

Edited by PTBCAL

David McCaig
25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lewis Moore offered new deal - pleased for this lad. Regardless of which league we will be in, this lad is going to kick on. He’s a prime example of working hard, being through the pain of losing a close loved one, and getting through that and being rewarded for his hard work. A certain few senior players could learn a few things form him. Well done Lewis, excited to see you kick on for us

Tragic personal circumstances but zero evidence whatsoever of Lewis Moore being capable of kicking on... not remotely good enough for a competent Hearts side.

Hopefully, just a 12 month deal before inevitably being released, although good to know that our finances are in a robustly healthy state if we feel that we are in a position to hand out new contracts.

Gulf Jambo
Just now, David McCaig said:

Tragic personal circumstances but zero evidence whatsoever of Lewis Moore being capable of kicking on... not remotely good enough for a competent Hearts side.

Hopefully, just a 12 month deal before inevitably being released, although good to know that our finances are in a robustly healthy state if we feel that we are in a position to hand out new contracts.

On the contrary, with his past scoring record at higher levels it could be very worth it.

If he scores 20+ goals min (which I would expect in that league from him), then it is worthwhile as it would see us back up most likely.

Good reliable goalscorers are rare and worth every penny in a promotion race

David McCaig
Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

On the contrary, with his past scoring record at higher levels it could be very worth it.

If he scores 20+ goals min (which I would expect in that league from him), then it is worthwhile as it would see us back up most likely.

Good reliable goalscorers are rare and worth every penny in a promotion race

??

I’m assuming this isn’t Lewis Moore you are talking about?

pettigrewsstylist
20 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I don’t think he said he actually wants to stay. I personally think he will leave - cannot not justify even 50% of his wages whilst in the Championship 

Expect him to go also, for same reasons. 

Absolute Scenes
54 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Slightly harsh, as he has only really got into the starting 11 and I’ve seen enough to know he’s definitely improved from when he first started playing. So saying zero evidence doesn’t justify that as being correct. There’s plenty evidence from seeing him play that he would be good for us down the flank

i think people need to realise we may need to implement ore youth in the next season regardless of which league we are

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

I am clinging on to the glass being half full 😂

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see Danny Baur and Kelby Mason have been released. 

Best of luck to them.

I would like to see us trim the squads enough that we have a clear pathway for talented young players to get into the first team. After 2017/18 season where we were too short in numbers and had to heavily use youth, we went that compete opposite way since and became badly bloated.

At the moment I have the following players out of contract this summer

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Jamie Brandon - offered a new contract
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Lewis Moore - offered a new contract
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

Pans Jambo
On 18/05/2020 at 16:58, kila said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-joel-pereira-transfer-18269572

Manchester United player set to be recalled from loan

Man Utd goalkeeper Joel Pereira had spent the season on loan with Hearts in the Scottish Premiership.

Just seen this. Made my day!

David McCaig
17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Slightly harsh, as he has only really got into the starting 11 and I’ve seen enough to know he’s definitely improved from when he first started playing. So saying zero evidence doesn’t justify that as being correct. There’s plenty evidence from seeing him play that he would be good for us down the flank

i think people need to realise we may need to implement ore youth in the next season regardless of which league we are

He's 22, not really a youth.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Plenty evidence he's good enough for a Championship Hearts side though. Very low risk and low cost - retaining him makes total sense. He's Billy King level for me, but with a bit more about him in terms of his all round play. King put in decent shifts for us in the Premiership under Locke and was very useful in the Championship without being a first pick. Like everyone at Hearts right now, he needs to add goals.

Edited by ToqueJambo

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Best of luck to them.

I would like to see us trim the squads enough that we have a clear pathway for talented young players to get into the first team. After 2017/18 season where we were too short in numbers and had to heavily use youth, we went that compete opposite way since and became badly bloated.

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

I wouldn't re sign any these players for next season I would be adding this for the exit door.  ( except Moore and Brandon who have already been offered contracts )

Bunny Munro
32 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Best of luck to them.

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

Don't know too much about the younger lads on that list. But Bozanic would stroll the championship. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

See a don't agree with that because to be promoted you need a striker who'll score loads of goals and Boyce will in my opinion! Just look at shankland for Dundee utd

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Plenty evidence he's good enough for a Championship Hearts side though. Very low risk and low cost - retaining him makes total sense. He's Billy King level for me, but with a bit more about him in terms of his all round play. King put in decent shifts for us in the Premiership under Locke and was very useful in the Championship without being a first pick. Like everyone at Hearts right now, he needs to add goals.

I agree that Billy King wasn't quite good enough, but had achieved far more at this stage of his career than Moore... David Smith is a better comparison.

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

See a don't agree with that because to be promoted you need a striker who'll score loads of goals and Boyce will in my opinion! Just look at shankland for Dundee utd

We did ok last time with our top scorer finishing on 12.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I agree that Billy King wasn't quite good enough, but had achieved far more at this stage of his career than Moore... David Smith is a better comparison.

I thought Moore showed a lot of promise under Stendel. He seemed to have bulked up a lot compared two when he first broke into the team. The key to getting the most out of any of our youngsters though is to have the right experienced players around them. It's been that way going back to when Robbo, Bowman and Mackay broke through.

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We did ok last time with our top scorer finishing on 12.

Yeah but we had plenty goals in other areas of the team last time 

Who is making the decisions on these players?  Stendel is out of contract so presumably not him.  Can it be any of Levein, MacPhee, Murray or Foxy?  Or is Andy Kirk now running the show?

I think there are going to be many players with more to offer than Moore available soon so why rush to offer him a contract?

1 hour ago, Coco said:

Who is making the decisions on these players?  Stendel is out of contract so presumably not him.  Can it be any of Levein, MacPhee, Murray or Foxy?  Or is Andy Kirk now running the show?

I think there are going to be many players with more to offer than Moore available soon so why rush to offer him a contract?

Stendel is out of contract? He's not taking a wage but still employed by us as things stand

pennyjambo22

Who is, as has been pointed out DS is technically no longer employed by HMFC is making the decisions on releasing players and offering extensions at this time? I don’t see it being AB herself, so are the soon to be departed joint directors of football Meddling?

4 hours ago, pennyjambo22 said:

Who is, as has been pointed out DS is technically no longer employed by HMFC is making the decisions on releasing players and offering extensions at this time? I don’t see it being AB herself, so are the soon to be departed joint directors of football Meddling?

18 hours ago, Coco said:

John Murray and Liam Fox I suspect 

Adam_the_legend
41 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

John Murray and Liam Fox I suspect 

nothing can go wrong there then...🙈

• 4 months later...
On 13/05/2020 at 10:55, David McCaig said:

Craig WIghton is more than capable of scoring 20 goals in a Championship season.  He is obviously a guy with a lot of a talent and equally fragile confidence... a duck shoot in the Championship may actually be exactly what his career needs.

😎

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

😎

👏 Early days though. 2 pens and a decent 3rd goal last night but have raith added much in the way of improved players for the step up from league 1 to championship? Don't know much about them but they may well have pretty much same squad that played in league 1 last year. 25 games before Wighton scored his first hearts goals so I'm not getting too carried away by your 20 goal prediction for him just yet. Hope he does it though as that'll mean he's turned it around