Players likely to move on

Ronald Villiers

18Jambo_dave74

I think the following players are all out of contract this summer: Pereira (End of loan), Sibbick (End of loan), Meshino (End of loan), Dikamona (Gone), Brandon, Baur, Langer, Bozanic, Moore, Avdijaj, Henderson, MacLean, Currie. 

You could potentially argue about retaining a couple of the younger guys on that list however I don’t think there’s any players in that list that we would miss. We are probably not in a position to be handing out new deals anyway. 

It seems Hickey will not be signing a new contract so I’d expect us to sell him albeit we will probably not get as good a deal now.

Smith, Souttar, Boyce, Naismith and Washington all still have a chance of playing at the Euros (presuming they qualify and the tournament is played) so may wish to move on if we’re playing in the championship.

For me the problem is guys like Doyle, White, Damour etc. IMO these guys aren’t up to it and have been very poor signings. It will be a struggle to get other clubs to take on these guys.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• David McCaig

• Batistuta87

On 09/05/2020 at 19:05, ToqueJambo said:

Why? That, along with the youngsters, would easily be the best side in the championship if we have the right manager to work with them. No other club will have anyone even close to the quality of Naismith, Walker and Berra. The others are fine for that level if nothing special.

Zlamal/Brandon - we can do better, regardless of what league we are in. 
White - not a good enough defender to be a full back. Not good enough attacker to play further forward. 
Berra - love the guy but I believe he restricts the type of football we play. 
Garuccio - meh

Walker - fine to give him another go in the championship but think we need more pace out wide and more creativity in the centre. 
Naismith - like him as a player but have my doubts about having your best player “training from home”

Famous 1874

Can’t see any of the current out of contract players getting kept on bar Moore and Brandon who have both been offered new deals.

The rest of the squad’s futures will depend on who is manager, what division we are in, under the assumption we go down, who has relegation clauses and what offers we receive. 

Big changes will likely happen. Under the assumption that we are relegated and Stendel stays I reckon at least all of these players will be gone minimum:

All players out of contract and on loan (bar Moore + Brandon)

Doyle, White, Berra, Garuccio, Hickey (sold), Damour and Uche

Question marks on what happens to Smith, Halkett, Clare, Walker Haring, Washington and Boyce. 

Personally would punt Halkett and Haring (if he is still unavailable) and keep the rest out of that list

That would leave us with: Zlamal, Smith, Brandon, Souttar, Irving, Cochrane, Clare, Walker, Moore, McDonald, Washington, Naisy & Boyce (13 players)

Hectormasson
10 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I think the following players are all out of contract this summer: Pereira (End of loan), Sibbick (End of loan), Meshino (End of loan), Dikamona (Gone), Brandon, Baur, Langer, Bozanic, Moore, Avdijaj, Henderson, MacLean, Currie. 

You could potentially argue about retaining a couple of the younger guys on that list however I don’t think there’s any players in that list that we would miss. We are probably not in a position to be handing out new deals anyway. 

It seems Hickey will not be signing a new contract so I’d expect us to sell him albeit we will probably not get as good a deal now.

Smith, Souttar, Boyce, Naismith and Washington all still have a chance of playing at the Euros (presuming they qualify and the tournament is played) so may wish to move on if we’re playing in the championship.

For me the problem is guys like Doyle, White, Damour etc. IMO these guys aren’t up to it and have been very poor signings. It will be a struggle to get other clubs to take on these guys.

Damour been woeful !    Another shit levein signing !

JimCornette

I'd keep Hickey & Smith and boot the rest. They've demonstrated all season time and time again they don't have the heart for a fight, but leach £10,000,000 between them in wages every year.

There has never been a more despised squad of players in our history. The support have zero relationship and zero respect for these hacks.

hmfc_liam06

If it's true that Smith wants out and was one of the two to take the cuts refusal the distance then why do folk want to keep him? Get him the **** out of our club. 

jamboinglasgow

I do think that players are going to find it hard to get as good wages as they had before, especially how there could be a glut of free agents around with clubs cutting back costs to protect themselves. Might make it harder to move some unwanted players on as well.

Batistuta87

Here's my thoughts on our squad...

One thing I don't want is for us to push to keep players who don't want to be here. 

I think Stendel probably wants to stay from what he's been saying about the club and about his time here so far. I think he's been amazed by how passionate the fans are and I think he likes it - but whether or not we can sustain his wages in the Championship is another question. If we can and if he's up for it, I would be glad to have him. As for the players, here goes (and this is all assuming we go down):

Keepers: 

Would like Zlamal to stay and I'd like to sign Hladky and promote Stone. That would give us two solid enough keepers for the Championship, and a youngster who could possibly earn his debut at some point.

Defence:

Souttar has a long term injury so will still be a Hearts player next season since he will not pass any medical in the meantime, unless he negotiates the termination of his contract. Halkett could have a release clause, if so, fair enough, if not I think he will make our defence impenetrable in the Championship. I would like for us to re-sign Dikamona as our main centre back, with Halkett. When Souttar comes back he can either earn his place back in the team, or be sold on. Garuccio is still under contract and think he will accept the drop and come down with us. Think he will be the best left back in the league. Can see us cashing in on Hickey because we'll need the money, but it would be fantastic if we could keep him. Brandon is out of contract - I'm sort of not really bothered either way if he renews or not because he's replaceable. Has looked alright in the few games he played last season and could be useful in the Championship but considering he's had 2 long term injuries at such a young age, that's a slight concern for me. Michael Smith will want to keep playing for NI, so in order to do so I suspect he will have to play at a higher level than the Championship. If that's the case, let him move on. He will be missed, but isn't completely irreplaceable. Berra is finished at Hearts I think. Will likely have a relegation clause, so can see a mutual termination or a season-long loan to see out the remainder of his contract. Bringing Petkov into the fold will add some depth without increasing any costs. 

Midfield:

Haring is a player that I very much want to see back in a Hearts jersey. I hope he repays the faith we've shown in him and sticks around. Bozanic -  if he fancies it, I would offer him a 1yr extension as he'd do a job in the Championship. Avdijaj of course

played very few games last season and didn't really look up to it, but I think a season in the Championship could make or break him - he could be absolutely fantastic, or maybe he's just lost it and won't ever fulfil the potential he had as a youngster. Sibbick clearly has a bit of promise, and Stendel likes him. It could be worth loaning him in for the season if his parent club allow it, as he could be a key player for us next year if he stays fit. Langer, not really bothered either way. Might be a useful squad player in the Championship but haven't really seen enough of him to decide. Walker and Clare will likely stroll the Championship but can we sustain both of their wages? If its a choice between the two, I'd keep Clare because he seems to have the better attitude and deserves to be a key player next season based on the improvements he's made last season. Damour was absolute humpty, but could be good in the Championship. Again wondering what his wages will be like and think I'd probably rather move him on. There's likely to be cheaper options available to us - such as Cochrane and Irving who I expect would go with the flow and accept the drop. I don't know if we have anyone in the Reserves we can promote. Any time I went to see them play we had Boz or Whelan playing centre mid with Cochrane, so never really got the chance to see anyone else.  

Attackers:

Uche... Dunno what to say about him really. Looked incredibly disinterested last season and didn't show us much on the pitch so in all honesty I'm feeling a bit like he can go and find himself a new club. I'm wondering what he'd be like in the Championship though, and could see him causing utter mayhem with his physical presence and his aggression. Naismith has already told us he's staying next season no matter what. I have a slight fear that he's just gone over the hill last season so is starting to fall away though. I really hope I'm wrong, and I hope he will be invaluable in the Championship, will completely stroll it, and will be our POTY. Boyce apparently has a release clause, but in the current climate I think clubs at his level will struggle to cough up the supposed £300k so we might manage to keep hold of him. Wouldn't be too disheartened at losing him for £300k considering it's money we might need and that its a profit on what we paid for him. I have a feeling that he really wants to be here though and will stick around - I think he'll be Shankland-like in the Championship and will score every other game though, so if we can keep him we should. Washington will be in the same boat as Smith I would imagine so reckon he'll maybe be away. 

Fully expect Moore and all the other youngsters to stay on board for next season and not to see any of our loanees again (other than Sibbick as above).

Apologies for the length bit just skip past me if you're not interested :) 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If it's true that Smith wants out and was one of the two to take the cuts refusal the distance then why do folk want to keep him? Get him the **** out of our club. 

Bit of cutting your nose off to spite your face there tbh, he is one of only 4 good football players capable of kicking a ball we actually have at the club, him, Hickey, Naismith, Boyce.

As for the private contract / wage side of things, ultimately if a man wants paid, that is his right, I can't see how folk can spout opinions about that. Every player has the legal right to be paid the full amount he is owed for his service. No different to a plumber who comes round to fix your toilet wanting paid, or a mechanic who fixes your car wanting paid. You pay the invoice in exchange for the service, it's a binding agreement, you can't just demand a 50% discount because you've not got enough money. 

Good on the players who've voluntary accepted temporary reduced wages to try to help the bleak situation. Across all of football not just Hearts. But equally if a man wants paid his money, that is his right, I'd never hold that against him. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Bit of cutting your nose off to spite your face there tbh, he is one of only 4 good football players capable of kicking a ball we actually have at the club, him, Hickey, Naismith, Boyce.

As for the private contract / wage side of things, ultimately if a man wants paid, that is his right, I can't see how folk can spout opinions about that. Every player has the legal right to be paid the full amount he is owed for his service. No different to a plumber who comes round to fix your toilet wanting paid, or a mechanic who fixes your car wanting paid. You pay the invoice in exchange for the service, it's a binding agreement, you can't just demand a 50% discount because you've not got enough money. 

Good on the players who've voluntary accepted temporary reduced wages to try to help the bleak situation. Across all of football not just Hearts. But equally if a man wants paid his money, that is his right, I'd never hold that against him. 

Does that apply to Levein and MacPhee?

Edited by JamboAl

Going to be a different ball game in a few months time when the financial reality hits home. Players that have a contract beyond the summer are not going to have an abundance of choices here or In England if they don't want to play the championship for us so presumably they'll be happy to rip up their contracts?

Hopefully we can get rid of some of the Levein deadwood off the books if that's the case.

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Does that apply to Levein and MacPhee?

Whatever they are owed from their contract, you pay them. It's a contractual obligation.  

The issue with them is they should have been sacked fully with redundancy / severence or garden leave in their contracts not kept hanging around like bad smells. But a contract is a contract, pay is pay. 

Think we'll be left with:

Bobby, Stone, Brandon, Logan, Hamilton, Berra, Soapy, Hickey, Burns, Haring, Cochrane, Irving, C. Smith, Moore, Naismith  by the time this is over. 

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Whatever they are owed from their contract, you pay them. It's a contractual obligation.  

The issue with them is they should have been sacked fully with redundancy / severence or garden leave in their contracts not kept hanging around like bad smells. But a contract is a contract, pay is pay. 

I gather that your answer is that they should also be paid fully under the terms of their contracts.  Earlier sackings might have been justified with some players as well.

If both had been sacked they wouldn't have needed to be made redundant but their contracts would have been fully paid up.  That would have cost the club more than it has, as both are on half pay.

I am hoping we can start getting pre contracts soon mostly from clubs who shafted us in this voting farce.

Vladky, Gogic and lawless to start with anyway.

I am hoping we go down the scottish route and actually move to a bonus system of payment.

Bazzas right boot

If championship, Better to go with who is left. 

Gk x2 needed

Lb Garuccio (sp) 

Brandon

Souttar 

Halkett 

Bozanic (need to re sign) 

Haring 

Walker

Left side

Boyce

Naismith 

If we start with somthing like that we'll piss the league. 

Berra, Irvine, Harry, MacDonald, Smith, Morrison to call on as well, feel like I've missed someone?  - Moore! 

Away, won't stick about imo. 

Smith, Hickey, damour, lee, clare

Boyce might stay imo. 

Need imo 3 players to improve the first team and a gk. 

The rest can be subs made up from the youth. 

Out of contract

The rest. 

Need a new manager and coaching set up as well. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

On 09/05/2020 at 13:06, ramrod said:

The really Shite will stay   The shite will find other shitty wee  clubs at the lower end of the Premiership and we'll lose our only 3 assets , Naisy , Boyce and Hickey for sweeties . 

Naisy will stay. I like him but hes made of chocolate these days

Scottie Wanshot.
On 09/05/2020 at 12:16, GinRummy said:

Avdijaj, Baur, Brandon, bozanic, currie, Henderson, langer, Logan, McLean, Makovora, meshino, Moore, pereira, petkov and Sibbick all out of contract or loan period up. Dikamona was at the end of his contract as well. 

yes I heard Man U want Pereira back for there first team.🤣

Edited by Scottie Wanshot.
name

Agentjambo
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If championship, Better to go with who is left. 

Gk x2 needed

Lb Garuccio (sp) 

Brandon

Souttar 

Halkett 

Bozanic (need to re sign) 

Haring 

Walker

Left side

Boyce

Naismith 

If we start with somthing like that we'll piss the league. 

Berra, Irvine, Harry, MacDonald, Smith, Morrison to call on as well, feel like I've missed someone?  - Moore! 

Away, won't stick about imo. 

Smith, Hickey, damour, lee, clare

Boyce might stay imo. 

Need imo 3 players to improve the first team and a gk. 

The rest can be subs made up from the youth. 

Out of contract

The rest. 

Need a new manager and coaching set up as well. 

Why do we need a new manager and coaching set up??

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why do we need a new manager and coaching set up??

I don't think he'll stay with us in the championship. 

Agentjambo
42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't think he'll stay with us in the championship. 

What's your thinking on reasons why?

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's your thinking on reasons why?

I'll let you work it out. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Because you cant...ok.

Ffs. 

Ok, because I  don't   he will want work in the Scottish championship as it is too low a level. 

Didn't think that needed explaining tbh. 

Do you also want to know why we won't be signing Gareth Bale? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

Ok, because I  don't   he will want work in the Scottish championship as it is too low a level. 

Cause hes Welsh??

hmfc_liam06

Should we be a Championship club as expected, a line up entirely made up of pre-contracts:

GK - Vaclav Hladky

RB - Richard Tait

LB - Stephen Hendrie

CB - Rickie Lamie 

CB - Alex Gogic

RM - Rory McKenzie

LM - Steven Lawless

CM - Gary Dicker

CM - Liam Grimshaw

ST - Chris Long

ST - Chris Kane

Parttimer1874
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

Also, do we want him to stay? He's not exactly set the heather alight.

Only just realised Sibbick is 20 years old. 
What game he had on his debut in centre mid then at left back till he got injured. 
I wish we could get him for next season but can’t see it tbh. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Should we be a Championship club as expected, a line up entirely made up of pre-contracts:

GK - Vaclav Hladky

RB - Richard Tait

LB - Stephen Hendrie

CB - Rickie Lamie 

CB - Alex Gogic

RM - Rory McKenzie

LM - Steven Lawless

CM - Gary Dicker

CM - Liam Grimshaw

ST - Chris Long

ST - Chris Kane

Reads like a Gretna side from when they got back to back promotions and to a cup final, but with more quality. We can do better but it does prove that finding players to get us promoted won't be any sort of problem, whether they're already on our books or we sign them on frees. It's getting the manager right for that league that's the crucial thing.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

GK - Vaclav Hladky

RB - Richard Tait

LB - Stephen Hendrie

CB - Rickie Lamie 

CB - Alex Gogic

RM - Rory McKenzie

LM - Steven Lawless

CM - Gary Dicker

CM - Liam Grimshaw

ST - Chris Long

ST - Chris Kane

Have to say, i had a wee greet reading that if this is the level we're now accustomed too. No offence mate. 

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Have to say, i had a wee greet reading that if this is the level we're now accustomed too. No offence mate. 

Given where we'll find ourselves financially, some of those may be genuine options.

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Given where we'll find ourselves financially, some of those may be genuine options.

You're probably right tbf. 

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're probably right tbf. 

And to be honest, they're all at clubs that have outperformed the shower of shite we have.

Give me an XI that'll play for the jersey. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Parttimer1874 said:

Also, do we want him to stay? He's not exactly set the heather alight.

I think he'd be good for us. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Cause hes Welsh??

Nope, he would want guaranteed 1st team football, with our squad we couldn’t do that. 

Pasquale for King
On 10/05/2020 at 19:37, jblair182 said:

Zlamal/Brandon - we can do better, regardless of what league we are in. 
White - not a good enough defender to be a full back. Not good enough attacker to play further forward. 
Berra - love the guy but I believe he restricts the type of football we play. 
Garuccio - meh

Walker - fine to give him another go in the championship but think we need more pace out wide and more creativity in the centre. 
Naismith - like him as a player but have my doubts about having your best player “training from home”

He doesn’t train from home any more, that changed when Stendel came.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Here's my thoughts on our squad...

One thing I don't want is for us to push to keep players who don't want to be here. 

I think Stendel probably wants to stay from what he's been saying about the club and about his time here so far. I think he's been amazed by how passionate the fans are and I think he likes it - but whether or not we can sustain his wages in the Championship is another question. If we can and if he's up for it, I would be glad to have him. As for the players, here goes (and this is all assuming we go down):

Keepers: 

Would like Zlamal to stay and I'd like to sign Hladky and promote Stone. That would give us two solid enough keepers for the Championship, and a youngster who could possibly earn his debut at some point.

Defence:

Souttar has a long term injury so will still be a Hearts player next season since he will not pass any medical in the meantime, unless he negotiates the termination of his contract. Halkett could have a release clause, if so, fair enough, if not I think he will make our defence impenetrable in the Championship. I would like for us to re-sign Dikamona as our main centre back, with Halkett. When Souttar comes back he can either earn his place back in the team, or be sold on. Garuccio is still under contract and think he will accept the drop and come down with us. Think he will be the best left back in the league. Can see us cashing in on Hickey because we'll need the money, but it would be fantastic if we could keep him. Brandon is out of contract - I'm sort of not really bothered either way if he renews or not because he's replaceable. Has looked alright in the few games he played last season and could be useful in the Championship but considering he's had 2 long term injuries at such a young age, that's a slight concern for me. Michael Smith will want to keep playing for NI, so in order to do so I suspect he will have to play at a higher level than the Championship. If that's the case, let him move on. He will be missed, but isn't completely irreplaceable. Berra is finished at Hearts I think. Will likely have a relegation clause, so can see a mutual termination or a season-long loan to see out the remainder of his contract. Bringing Petkov into the fold will add some depth without increasing any costs. 

Midfield:

Haring is a player that I very much want to see back in a Hearts jersey. I hope he repays the faith we've shown in him and sticks around. Bozanic -  if he fancies it, I would offer him a 1yr extension as he'd do a job in the Championship. Avdijaj of course

played very few games last season and didn't really look up to it, but I think a season in the Championship could make or break him - he could be absolutely fantastic, or maybe he's just lost it and won't ever fulfil the potential he had as a youngster. Sibbick clearly has a bit of promise, and Stendel likes him. It could be worth loaning him in for the season if his parent club allow it, as he could be a key player for us next year if he stays fit. Langer, not really bothered either way. Might be a useful squad player in the Championship but haven't really seen enough of him to decide. Walker and Clare will likely stroll the Championship but can we sustain both of their wages? If its a choice between the two, I'd keep Clare because he seems to have the better attitude and deserves to be a key player next season based on the improvements he's made last season. Damour was absolute humpty, but could be good in the Championship. Again wondering what his wages will be like and think I'd probably rather move him on. There's likely to be cheaper options available to us - such as Cochrane and Irving who I expect would go with the flow and accept the drop. I don't know if we have anyone in the Reserves we can promote. Any time I went to see them play we had Boz or Whelan playing centre mid with Cochrane, so never really got the chance to see anyone else.  

Attackers:

Uche... Dunno what to say about him really. Looked incredibly disinterested last season and didn't show us much on the pitch so in all honesty I'm feeling a bit like he can go and find himself a new club. I'm wondering what he'd be like in the Championship though, and could see him causing utter mayhem with his physical presence and his aggression. Naismith has already told us he's staying next season no matter what. I have a slight fear that he's just gone over the hill last season so is starting to fall away though. I really hope I'm wrong, and I hope he will be invaluable in the Championship, will completely stroll it, and will be our POTY. Boyce apparently has a release clause, but in the current climate I think clubs at his level will struggle to cough up the supposed £300k so we might manage to keep hold of him. Wouldn't be too disheartened at losing him for £300k considering it's money we might need and that its a profit on what we paid for him. I have a feeling that he really wants to be here though and will stick around - I think he'll be Shankland-like in the Championship and will score every other game though, so if we can keep him we should. Washington will be in the same boat as Smith I would imagine so reckon he'll maybe be away. 

Fully expect Moore and all the other youngsters to stay on board for next season and not to see any of our loanees again (other than Sibbick as above).

Apologies for the length bit just skip past me if you're not interested :) 

Pretty good summary, you missed out Doyle, not sure what we can do with him having another year. We could loan out the guts that want to stay in their national squads plans if that’s possible.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, ecky92 said:

Only just realised Sibbick is 20 years old. 
What game he had on his debut in centre mid then at left back till he got injured. 
I wish we could get him for next season but can’t see it tbh. 

He was majestic. Our bad luck with injuries has been incredible. You can add Boyce to that list.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Think we'll be left with:

Bobby, Stone, Brandon, Logan, Hamilton, Berra, Soapy, Hickey, Burns, Haring, Cochrane, Irving, C. Smith, Moore, Naismith  by the time this is over. 

That would be a decent result all things considered. Assuming all fit (as if), Bobby, Soapy, Berra, Haring, Naismith is more than good enough as a spine to build on for that league. Good quality and experience and a sprinkling of promising youngster around them. 

I think at least 2 or 3 of Walker, Halkett, Uche, Lee and Clare might still be with us unless they have clauses they can activate or we can't afford them and we activate relegation clauses. I think we'll have to sell Hickey unfortunately and it's probably the best thing for him, too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That would be a decent result all things considered. Assuming all fit (as if), Bobby, Soapy, Berra, Haring, Naismith is more than good enough as a spine to build on for that league. Good quality and experience and a sprinkling of promising youngster around them. 

I think at least 2 or 3 of Walker, Halkett, Uche, Lee and Clare might still be with us unless they have clauses they can activate or we can't afford them and we activate relegation clauses. I think we'll have to sell Hickey unfortunately and it's probably the best thing for him, too.

Walker will definitely stay. Forgot about him. 

Can't see Uche, Lee, or Clare staying. 

Hope Halkett doesn't stay because he's absolutely single fish. :laugh: Him and El Gasho probably cost us 20 goals between them this season. Hopefully the shop front thinks he's too good for the Championship and pisses off back to Livi. 

maroonedinoz

I don't think many will leave by choice.

There are going to be a lot players throughout the world facing the possibility once we come out of this pandemic that things are going to be different, and for many it will be a gamble if they leave a club in the expectation that they will automatically get a contract of similar value somewhere else.

Much is going to change in the post Coronavirus days, and football isn't going to be exempt from that.

Batistuta87
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty good summary, you missed out Doyle, not sure what we can do with him having another year. We could loan out the guts that want to stay in their national squads plans if that’s possible.

Cheers.

Forgot about Doyle - he's apparently on a sort of sabbatical / compassionate leave situation where he doesn't train or play full time (if at all) because his wife and/or one of his kids is unwell. Its good of the club to continue paying him throughout and he's a lucky man for it, but I can't see them keeping that up for another year while we're in the Championship so we'll either see him back training and playing full time or his contract will be terminated. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, maroonedinoz said:

I don't think many will leave by choice.

There are going to be a lot players throughout the world facing the possibility once we come out of this pandemic that things are going to be different, and for many it will be a gamble if they leave a club in the expectation that they will automatically get a contract of similar value somewhere else.

Much is going to change in the post Coronavirus days, and football isn't going to be exempt from that.

Apprarently in England alone it is expected that over 1,500 footballers will become "unemployed" over the next couple of months. That's a scary number, but many clubs will have no option but to terminate contracts if they want to survive. I can see a number of top flight Scottish clubs being in serious financial trouble after (or during) all this too. St Johnstone in particular I think will have problems. I just remember the situation with Matty Kennedy and that it sounded like they were skint. Considering that they were in a relegation battle, I was amazed that they accepted such a small fee to let him move to Aberdeen in January rather than at the end of the season. 

I think Hearts are one of the luckier clubs in this situation. Our FoH contributions will go a long way to ensuring we can keep paying the players we want to keep and to let us negotiate deals to move on those we don't. I think we will emerge from this as one of the stronger teams in Scotland, despite probably being in the Championship, and will have our pick of the free agents looking to Scotland for a club.

I would however like to see us selling more season tickets and am slightly concerned at our initial low numbers, because that's money right into the club's bank account. I know we're maybe not going to see a lot of football at Tynecastle next year but the club are guaranteeing us all 18 home games - even if they need to carry over to next season - so we're still going to get our money's worth. Chances are that season ticket holders will also get to watch via Hearts TV while we can't actually go to games too, so I've renewed mine and my wee boy's. 

On 11/05/2020 at 08:52, hmfc_liam06 said:

He doesn’t and he wasn’t. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cheers.

Forgot about Doyle - he's apparently on a sort of sabbatical / compassionate leave situation where he doesn't train or play full time (if at all) because his wife and/or one of his kids is unwell. Its good of the club to continue paying him throughout and he's a lucky man for it, but I can't see them keeping that up for another year while we're in the Championship so we'll either see him back training and playing full time or his contract will be terminated. 

I think it’s his son but not sure, and good that the club give him a wage but it should really be the government that look after someone in this situation.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hopefully this ****ing chancer:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-damour-hearts-confession-midfielder-22013380

He signed because “hearts offered me a contract I couldn’t refuse” 

Four years.  Cheers Craig. 

They’re really going to town on us today. The good news is it sounds like he will want to leave. He said it took time to get used to having no time on the ball, do you get that in the English Championship either 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Edited by Pasquale for King

50 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hopefully this ****ing chancer:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-damour-hearts-confession-midfielder-22013380

He signed because “hearts offered me a contract I couldn’t refuse” 

Four years.  Cheers Craig. 

Well he can **** off. If he'd turned up AT ALL this season we'd not be going down. 

Article 12 the scroat and make it clear he's not wanted. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re really going to town on us today. The good news is it sounds like he will want to leave. He said it took time to get used to having no time on the ball, when do you get that in the English Championship either 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Shouldn't have kept giving it away to the opposition then