Players likely to move on

Ronald Villiers

Ronald Villiers

I've seen it mentioned that Stendel will likely move on when the inevitable happens.  Anyone have any idea what players are likely to move on?  Bound to be a few high earners with clauses in their contracts.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• David McCaig

• Batistuta87

Tynecastlesmychurch

I think we can all imagine. Or have a few ideas as to who might go but honestly well just have to wait and see. I don't think we'll have to wait very long in any case!

Players who are out of contract will probably move on, but I doubt clubs at our level will be paying transfer fees, for one thing it’s probably morally wrong spending money on players when you have been asking your players to take wage cuts and deferrals 

Avdijaj, Baur, Brandon, bozanic, currie, Henderson, langer, Logan, McLean, Makovora, meshino, Moore, pereira, petkov and Sibbick all out of contract or loan period up. Dikamona was at the end of his contract as well. 

husref musemic

Not one of this lot is worth keeping. save the cash and pick up a new squad like the championship season. 

If not the cloggers in the championship will have them for breakfast.

2 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Not one of this lot is worth keeping. save the cash and pick up a new squad like the championship season. 

If not the cloggers in the championship will have them for breakfast.

You are probably right, unfortunately another rebuild required, like last time we will need to sign players to get us out the championship, no danger we will manage it with a bunch of kids, the likes of Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald will get eaten up in the championship (I do believe they could be decent players someday)

We will need Gomis and Bauben type players to get us straight back up, then another rebuild when we come back to the premiership 

husref musemic
2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

You are probably right, unfortunately another rebuild required, like last time we will need to sign players to get us out the championship, no danger we will manage it with a bunch of kids, the likes of Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald will get eaten up in the championship (I do believe they could be decent players someday)

We will need Gomis and Bauben type players to get us straight back up, then another rebuild when we come back to the premiership 

Our squad couldn't cope with the likes of st mirren or Hamilton. Fekin imposters.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Once demotion is confirmed, article 12 the lot of them.

I’d keep less than 8

Gorillajam

Can see Naismith staying. Boyce might leave especially given the wage he's reportedly on. Add add Uche, Clare, Hickey (will be sold), Zlamal, Damour, Haring, Andy S***e and I think both Smith and Washington may if they wish to remain in the NI squad. Not fussed if the entire team leaves. Levein and MacPhee need to leave with them. I'm happy for Stendel to leave too. Has not impressed at all.

husref musemic
4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Once demotion is confirmed, article 12 the lot of them.

Hoping that John Murray & the people bringing these guys in get the boot too. Root & Branch.

we cannot be replacing these duds with more of the same.

Bunny Munro

I think a small smattering of players will stay and most will go. 

Zlamal, Brandon, Berra, White, Garrucio, Walker, Naismith I think will stay. 

The really Shite will stay   The shite will find other shitty wee  clubs at the lower end of the Premiership and we'll lose our only 3 assets , Naisy , Boyce and Hickey for sweeties . 

1971fozzy

Wouldn’t shed a tear if any left to be honest apart from Hickey and maybe Smith. The rest I wouldn’t bother if they left to be honest. They couldn’t win a game outside Edinburgh in over a year so wouldn’t trust them to get us out the championship. Unfortunately Levein have them huge basic wages and never ending contracts so unlikely to lose as many as we’d like

Gorillajam
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The really Shite will stay   The shite will find other shitty wee  clubs at the lower end of the Premiership and we'll lose our only 3 assets , Naisy , Boyce and Hickey for sweeties . 

He'll end up at Aberdeen.

I'm still convinced Naismith will remain.

2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

He'll end up at Aberdeen.

I'm still convinced Naismith will remain.

Aberdeen voted us down. 

Should be rebuffing any offers from them. Boyce is a million pound striker under contract easily capable of 20+ goals in this league. 

On that basis they can't afford him. 

August Landmesser

Looking at his scoring record with Arbroath, I'd happily keep Wighton for the Championship - could be the kick-start his career clearly needs.

There's probably actually quite a few of the current shower who would get on fine in the Championship. Whether any of us would want to see them again is a different story!

Rooster20
21 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Agree that most of those are likely to stay, I hope Aidy White doesn’t though cause he is garbage. Unsure if Berra will want to stay but depending on the manager he would be a solid option, done well with Dundee at the level.

Souttar coming off a big injury might hang with us for a year but probably not. After Halkett’s form this year I’m not sure we could find anyone to take him. Not sure what the deal is with Dikamona but I would take him if possible. Wighton and Bobby Burns coming back from loan will probably stick around.

Of the younger players I think Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Morrison, Moore and Henderson will play a part. Think we will sell Hickey for cash.

Edited by Rooster20

Rooster20

Love to see us nab Nisbet from Dunfermline but I suppose it will be a while before any incoming transfers take place.

Ronald Villiers

I would like Naismith to stay and think Clevid would do well in the Championship.  As someone mentioned on another thread, Naismith as Assistant Manager would maybe make sense.  We need his influence on the players and his desire to win.  I'd like to think we'd get transfer fees for the likes of Washington, Boyce, Clare, Hickey, Smith and possibly Uche.  The rest can bolt.

There needs to be a cull and every single one of them can leave as far as I'm concerned. The guys I would maybe be partially upset to lose would free up wages or get some money in for them, but ultimately it needs a fresh start away from the people that have generated the negativity and loser mentality. 

Mundaydog

Total cull, gut the lot, boardroom right down through management team and first team squad. 

husref musemic
28 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Love to see us nab Nisbet from Dunfermline but I suppose it will be a while before any incoming transfers take place.

we'd need someone who has a clue to spot talent and recruit him.

e.g. instead of Nisbet or shankland to replace Lafferty we got Vanacek & wighton FFS. 

they'll (murray) do it again. 

Edited by husref musemic

Ricardo Shillyshally

If we can sell any of them, then we should. Very few of them worth keeping.

Last Laff
27 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I would like Naismith to stay and think Clevid would do well in the Championship.  As someone mentioned on another thread, Naismith as Assistant Manager would maybe make sense.  We need his influence on the players and his desire to win.  I'd like to think we'd get transfer fees for the likes of Washington, Boyce, Clare, Hickey, Smith and possibly Uche.  The rest can bolt.

Who’s going to pay transfer fees for a bunch of players bought for free and are at a side that is bottom of the Scottish Premiership?  Hickey yes, Smith if Michael O’Neil wants a squad player for stoke but the games almost bankrupt and someone’s going to pay cash for Uche and Washington? No chance. 

Last Laff
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

If we can sell any of them, then we should. Very few of them worth keeping.

Get them off the books regardless.  Bottle job losing mentality. 

Any of the shit ones on big long contracts (most of the players) won’t be going anywhere, bunch of losers will be happy to leech off the club - they won’t get a contract anywhere else like we have gave them. 

Damour will be leading our charge in the championship.  Probably on more money than the whole Ayr team combined. 

Marty Byrde

Personally wouldn't be gutted at the club being a blank sheet of paper.

I suspect the guys who can move will do so (Smith, Boyce, Hickey) while the dross who we cannot release will have to stay. I'd call it being lumbered with, boys like Damour.

The club needs so much work it's hard to know where to start. Getting Levein, MacPhee, Murray to **** would be a first step though.

hmfc_liam06
38 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Where are we getting the million from in order to sign him?

Pans Jambo

Can see Berra being useful in the Championship. He would be good at that level. 

The first thing we need before  worrying about which players stay or go is to get the best possible CEO in and let him/her sort out the mess Budge and Levein have created.

I feel sorry for Budge in some ways because she has undoubtedly done some great things for the club but for me it is time for her to go once the handover to FOH is done.

The problem is that we need that person in place before AB goes and I am not sure that I would really want her involved in selecting that person as her judgement is very clouded these days and I fear she would just be looking for a clone of herself or Levein.

Rocky jamboa

A good opportunity to really trim the squad down, get rid of the dross and more importantly right now, drastically reduce our wage bill. I reckon our turnover will half in the championship. 

Ex member of the SaS

His loan maybe up but I would like to see Sibbick given more of a chance. His mystery illness should have cleared by now.

Ex member of the SaS

With reduced wages and still big home crowds we should be in a great place come promotion. Able to spend a little more to get quality players. Just have to hope whoever is given the job of scouting and signing are better at it than Levein.

1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

I doubt Souttar and Haring are going anywhere. We will also keep Halkett I suspect and Berra could teturn for the Championship campaign if Stendel leaves. 

I'd maybe expect Boyce to go because he's too good for the Championship. Maybe we can loan him out to an SPFL or English Club for 1 season. 

Washington and M. Smith are certainly leaving. 

I'd expect Sean Clare to move on. 

Maybe only Souttar and Naisy of our best players will stay. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd maybe expect Boyce to go because he's too good for the Championship. Maybe we can loan him out to an SPFL or English Club for 1 season. 

Still banging on about sick note Souttar, **** me there’s never been a bid for him and he can barely play half a season without getting a different injury. Another two years hoping he will play more than the 7 games he managed in the last season.

Loaning Boyce out is a good idea.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

The first thing we need before  worrying about which players stay or go is to get the best possible CEO in and let him/her sort out the mess Budge and Levein have created.

I feel sorry for Budge in some ways because she has undoubtedly done some great things for the club but for me it is time for her to go once the handover to FOH is done.

The problem is that we need that person in place before AB goes and I am not sure that I would really want her involved in selecting that person as her judgement is very clouded these days and I fear she would just be looking for a clone of herself or Levein.

Exactly, she should be ousted from the club and have zero say in who replaces her.  Her decision making has been horrific.

Jamhammer

Ordinarily you'd be worried about losing players. Really don't think I'd miss any of the keepers, central defenders or midfielders. Naisy, Smith, Washington and Boyce is pretty much it.

2 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

It will be a long time until we’re nabbing anyone, once things are sorted he will end up at Hibs 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Still banging on about sick note Souttar, **** me there’s never been a bid for him and he can barely play half a season without getting a different injury. Another two years hoping he will play more than the 7 games he managed in the last season.

Loaning Boyce out is a good idea.

Souttars a feckin great player. He'll be at Hearts until he retires because of injury, which is no bad thing. I'd rather have him than not. 

busby1985

Mikey Smith’s wife is moving to their new family home in Bristol, I believe, with or without Mikey in June. Smith wants out, he will 100% be away. I’d also put Washington and Boyce into that bracket as well. 

I think it’ll be easier for me to say I’d like to keep Naismith, Clare, Haring, Souttar, Walker and Hickey. Everyone else can bolt. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Souttars a feckin great player. He'll be at Hearts until he retires because of injury, which is no bad thing. I'd rather have him than not. 

He was great this season, oh maybe not. I would rather we had someone that actually plays, as opposed to costing us in medical bills and full pay.

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Mikey Smith’s wife is moving to their new family home in Bristol, I believe, with or without Mikey in June. Smith wants out, he will 100% be away. I’d also put Washington and Boyce into that bracket as well. 

I think it’ll be easier for me to say I’d like to keep Naismith, Clare, Haring, Souttar, Walker and Hickey. Everyone else can bolt. 

This is where I am, they have dragged this club to where we are now never mind all the politics that are going on.

As said numerous times we should be nowhere near where we are for the money spent !!

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

imo should only be an english club considered. **** the rest of them.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was great this season, oh maybe not. I would rather we had someone that actually plays, as opposed to costing us in medical bills and full pay.

He's been great more often than he hasn't in his time at Hearts. One of the best Centerhalfs in Scotland and he's still got plenty years in him. He's just been unlucky with injury.