Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

braveheart
31 minutes ago, Rods said:

The folk on here dying to away games are the same folk who will be greeting when Hibs pip is to a player as they have more money. 

Its simple do you care about Hearts long term future or a jolly up in Dundee or Dunfermline 

Those going to visit these grounds are no better than those chairmen who voted to accept the spfls resolution.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• Nookie Bear

1 minute ago, braveheart said:

Those going to visit these grounds are no better than those chairmen who voted to accept the spfls resolution.

I think when the dust settled people will realise that Hearts will need the money more for one season. It’s not a boycott it’s self preservation. 

Hopefully the new chairman has some ideas on this matter 

Selkirkhmfc1874
53 minutes ago, Rods said:

The folk on here dying to away games are the same folk who will be greeting when Hibs pip is to a player as they have more money. 

Its simple do you care about Hearts long term future or a jolly up in Dundee or Dunfermline 

On the contrary! Hearts don't make money from away games so our supporters not giving to others and giving that money to Hearts benefits Hearts while starving other clubs 

16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

On the contrary! Hearts don't make money from away games so our supporters not giving to others and giving that money to Hearts benefits Hearts while starving other clubs 

That’s it exactly.

That money could be used to get us an additional player or at least compete with Hibs and Aberdeen for that player.

This is not a boycott it’s a necessary action for the long term health of our club(added bonus we don’t feed the teams that would dance on our graves)

Essentially everyone is in trouble but the teams in the top division will bounce back quicker. We are not in the top division so we need to build that strength ourselves. 

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Indeed. It is extremely simple. We shouldn't be putting any money into the pockets of the clubs who voted for our expulsion from the Premiership and continue to support that position. If that money can instead go into our own coffers then all the better.

Ethan Hunt
22 hours ago, The Fonz said:

We’re not being demoted because we’ve not put enough money into the club. The fans have done more than anyone, but the reason we’ll be in the championship next year (or whenever) is all down to our own board and their failings. 

A few people on this thread have made it clear they’ll still go to away games if they want. That doesn’t make them any less Hearts fans for doing so. Away days are one of the enjoyable things about following Hearts, certainly more than going to tynie in the last few seasons. 

People can do what they want and boycott other clubs if they wish, but it’s by in large just misdirected anger. 

I agree to a certain degree. We have contributed to our own downfall, but you miss a very important point. Regardless of our own failings, some clubs have shown their true colours. Ann Budges statement stated that it was obvious there were Premiership clubs settling old scores with Hearts when voting down League reconstruction. Some Championship clubs will have voted because they wanted us - as a cash cow - in the Championship. The Elgin Chairman (albeit a different league)  admitted that was the case for him in relation to Partick Thistle. Some clubs probably didn’t care less, and took an I’m alright jack approach. Fair enough, to a degree.

There has been plenty of anger directed at Hearts by its own support. None of that anger was misdirected, it was people within the club who caused the problems, and we have let them know about it.  That said, we are now not talking about that. This is about other clubs who have put the boot in, and continued to put the boot in, when we were down. We have every right to be angry about that, every right. I’ll be directing my anger (by withholding my money) at them for taking advantage. There is nothing misdirected about that, nothing.

2 hours ago, braveheart said:

😂 behave man. 

Boycott if you want, but it’s up to everyone whether they want to go to games or not. 

We are where we are in the league due to our dire management and performances.

As much as i want to bite my lip and swear to the heavens for this horrendous circumstance - we need to man up and grow a pair.

Hearts shall be relegated, it hurts like a sob but we need to suck it up and move on.

I was not of this opinion 3 weeks ago, However after a chat with my father a 50 year old ST holder at Tynecastle I realised there are more important things in life.

And there is no god damn way we will not be back in the top division and the days of Rudi and Robbo will be back.

Support the team and more importantly your team, your mothers fathers aunts and uncles.

God bless.

Holyrood_Hearts
4 hours ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. It is extremely simple. We shouldn't be putting any money into the pockets of the clubs who voted for our expulsion from the Premiership and continue to support that position. If that money can instead go into our own coffers then all the better.

This 100000% 

I don’t like the term “boycott” (it’s a bit like when Rangers fans threatened that when going up the leagues) but I’d be amazed at any fan choosing to give money to these clubs that voted in favour of the resolution.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Rods said:

correct 

Just incase people forget we are going to be down 3 million because of this sham.

Meanwhile the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen will be going from strength to strength. Yeh it’s all well and good skooshing the championship but when we come back are you happy with bottom 6? Are you happy losing derbys? 

Hibs will be able to afford better players than us. Unless of course we recoup some of the money we have lost.

If you would prefer to give that money to Dundee and Dunfermline rather than make hearts financially sound for our return to the premier league then that is on you. Don’t moan when Hibs are pipping us to players.

Suck it up for one season ffs ps I suggest we cut Hibs allocation anyway when we get back they have had their last day out in Gorgie 

I agree but I’m not sure Aberdeen and Hibs will prosper that much, they have their deferred wages to repay without any match day income in the near future, losing two derbies also cost Hibs a hell of a lot of money.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

This 100000% 

I don’t like the term “boycott” (it’s a bit like when Rangers fans threatened that when going up the leagues) but I’d be amazed at any fan choosing to give money to these clubs that voted in favour of the resolution.

That’s why we need a slogan, Always Hearts is my preference and we need ideas to give more money to the club. How about a dedicated School fund for us to buy 100 or more tickets and donate to a school (poorer areas first), and pay for transport if required. 

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree but I’m not sure Aberdeen and Hibs will prosper that much, they have their deferred wages to repay without any match day income in the near future, losing two derbies also cost Hibs a hell of a lot of money.

Hibs have 7k season ticket money now and the threat from Dumpster if they want it back they could ruin the club. They will survive but be down a lot but that is to be expected. 

Cant see it being long until Ron the Con takes security over something else then he will have the whole shooting match.

Dunfermline can get ****ed, won’t be going to East End Park for a while. Shame for them as we used to bring quite a big support that would fuller their coffers. Wankers

Ex member of the SaS
19 hours ago, neonjambo said:

As much as i want to bite my lip and swear to the heavens for this horrendous circumstance - we need to man up and grow a pair.

Hearts shall be relegated, it hurts like a sob but we need to suck it up and move on.

I was not of this opinion 3 weeks ago, However after a chat with my father a 50 year old ST holder at Tynecastle I realised there are more important things in life.

And there is no god damn way we will not be back in the top division and the days of Rudi and Robbo will be back.

Support the team and more importantly your team, your mothers fathers aunts and uncles.

God bless.

You have missed the point completely. Had we been bottom after all game had been played then fine we would take relegation. This is not relegation. Clubs have voted thinking Hearts in the Championship will be good for their coffers. When they find out we will not be filling their coffers they will realise they have made a big mistake and a powerful enemy. 

Clubs should be looking out for each other when not playing each other, this is an association and as such all clubs should be doing the right thing by each other. These clubs have gone against all moral principals and thought by shitting on us they would benefit. Well too bad lads suck it up as none of our cash is coming your way and when you squeal and moan money is tight we will be standing back laughing.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Dunfermline can get ****ed, won’t be going to East End Park for a while. Shame for them as we used to bring quite a big support that would fuller their coffers. Wankers

I’ll miss the bridies. 🤷🏼‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You have missed the point completely. Had we been bottom after all game had been played then fine we would take relegation. This is not relegation. Clubs have voted thinking Hearts in the Championship will be good for their coffers. When they find out we will not be filling their coffers they will realise they have made a big mistake and a powerful enemy. 

Clubs should be looking out for each other when not playing each other, this is an association and as such all clubs should be doing the right thing by each other. These clubs have gone against all moral principals and thought by shitting on us they would benefit. Well too bad lads suck it up as none of our cash is coming your way and when you squeal and moan money is tight we will be standing back laughing.

It has nothing to do with other clubs wanting to see Hearts in the championship (with possible exceptions) it is to do with clubs saving their own skin and those near the bottom of the table doing what they feel is best for their own club.

Selfish - Yes

Would we still be having the discussion on how unfair it is if we were say third or fourth in the league, the majority would imo laugh it off and say thank f we are not them.

22games nro
2 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Agree, I loved going there,but will never step foot in the place again, along with the other clubs, lucky for me a trip to Inverness caley is on the cards (2.3 miles away !!)

only hearts.jpg

On Dunfermline. It's been shit since the terracing was knocked down and replaced with yet another crap cheap stand.The only thing it's got going for it is getting home in 25 minutes. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Correct, we need to start acting like the 3rd biggest club in the country. Our voice is strong but we don't use it, we're too timid to stand up and fight for our rights and interests. It's time that changed. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’ll miss the bridies. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I can bring Bridie's to Tynie just put your order in the day before. 😁👍

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

I can bring Bridie's to Tynie just put your order in the day before. 😁👍

😄

When any of these clubs comeback to Tynecastle we can make sure their visiting Directors sitting in our main stand know exactly what we think of them. 

TheY won’t have experienced a hostile atmosphere like that before and we can make sure they don’t enjoy there visit.

Malinga the Swinga
On 10 May 2020 at 20:29, neonjambo said:

God bless.

Bollocks to that. We will not be relegated unless we all games are played. We may be expelled if the rest of clubs refuse to 'grow a pair' as you say, and refuse to back the resolution. **** off with sucking it up and moving on, instead cry havoc and release the dogs of war. If we are expelled, then go down dragging as many of these ***** down with us as possible.

If that is the case, then the vast majority of fans will not need to speak to their fathers to realise that backing Hearts taking action in the courts is the only way to go.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Rods said:

The soft touch days need to be over off and on the field.

This could be the only good thing to come from this. A realisation at Hearts board level, that you cannot trust anyone in Scottish football. It’s dog eat dog, and we need to change our view that you can have a 100% trustworthy relationship with other clubs. 
Actions speak louder than words and the actions, recently, of a majority of clubs, especially the 6 who wouldn’t let the reconstruction talks finish, shouldn’t be forgotten.

To be honest, my anger isn't with the First Division clubs (Dundee aside, who's conduct has been mystifying and deplorable). Most did what they had to do based on the information the SPFL board gave them, given many run full time squads on bare minimal resources. 

My anger is with the Premiership teams who vetoed reconstruction before it had a chance and threw us and, worse of all, Partick and Stranraer to the wolves. My anger is with Rangers, who's so called dossier is all hot air for the publicity. And with Celtic, who are clearly the puppet masters. Most fans and players have wanted a bigger league for years. In what other industry are the customers and employee wishes ignored? 

I won't set foot in those Premiership away ends again. Ever. Hearts will benefit from the away ticket money. 

Even in the fairly seasons we've been successful, its not like our away form has been crucial anyway. Likes make Tynie a fortress. 

vlad on the tyne
On 10/05/2020 at 16:51, redjambo said:

Absolutely spot on. 

Calling Hearts supporters Scabs is not the answer.  Calling hibs Scabs instead of hibs is a better option.  If folk feel they can’t boycott because they want to cheer on the Hearts wherever they play, maybe a middle ground would be to go to the away grounds en masse and cheer them on from outside the ground.

12 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

This could be the only good thing to come from this. A realisation at Hearts board level, that you cannot trust anyone in Scottish football. It’s dog eat dog, and we need to change our view that you can have a 100% trustworthy relationship with other clubs. 
Actions speak louder than words and the actions, recently, of a majority of clubs, especially the 6 who wouldn’t let the reconstruction talks finish, shouldn’t be forgotten.

This is where I am now. 

I think the championship clubs were only going by what the SPFL were telling them and went along to get the cash. Even Dundee seemed to have been duped by the board( Nelms said he done it for reconstruction so was duped just as much as AB)

The six SPFL clubs plus the clubs on the board are were we should be focusing our anger.  The SPFL clubs in particular as its clear they were looking to get one up on us get us out of the way ie settle old scores if people don't think this is a direct attack then I am not seeing what they are seeing.

A few of you may boycott, but Hearts will bring the same passionate support it always does, regardless of which league. Some of you can stew thinking you've got one over on them, but basically it means a free'd up ticket for someone who actually wants to cheer on the boys. That's the most important thing in the end.

Ex member of the SaS
6 minutes ago, Defender said:

A few of you may boycott, but Hearts will bring the same passionate support it always does, regardless of which league. Some of you can stew thinking you've got one over on them, but basically it means a free'd up ticket for someone who actually wants to cheer on the boys. That's the most important thing in the end.

Sorry but cheering on the boys is NOT the most important thing. The most important is to fight injustice and stay in the Premiership. Next is making sure those who would see us suffer get the same and more in return. Not generally a vindictive person but it's time to show these clubs they can't rely on us for income.

7 minutes ago, Defender said:

You're kind of giving the game away here. :D

Scuttle back to .net now, dear boy.

David McCaig
9 minutes ago, Defender said:

Presumably its Defender of the SPFL

2 minutes ago, Defender said:

It’s the most important thing to you maybe. The important thing to other people is to give  as much hearts supporters cash to the club, as opposed to other clubs. 

We rarely sell out away allocations anyway so the argument about freeing up a ticket for someone else isn’t a strong one. 

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You're kind of giving the game away here. :D

Scuttle back to .net now, dear boy.

Why the **** do I always miss the signs 😀

17 minutes ago, Defender said:

Your lot would be happier if we did not have a club.

No going to happen we will be back bigger and stronger. 

I would be more concerned on what you are going to owe ron the con after the dust settles.

No game being played here. That's my opinion. And I'm a Hearts season ticket holder, calm your nonsense.

Just now, Defender said:

No game being played here. That's my opinion. And I'm a Hearts season ticket holder, calm your nonsense.

That’s me convinced. I doubt any interloper would go as far as to use the elaborate ruse of claiming to be a season ticket holder. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s me convinced. I doubt any interloper would go as far as to use the elaborate ruse of claiming to be a season ticket holder. 

:D

maroonsgotop
27 minutes ago, Defender said:

it will be more than a few who will boycott and it really will be the most important thing to ensure we only continue to fund Hearts and not the scab clubs

1 hour ago, Rods said:

This is where I am now. 

I think the championship clubs were only going by what the SPFL were telling them and went along to get the cash. Even Dundee seemed to have been duped by the board( Nelms said he done it for reconstruction so was duped just as much as AB)

The six SPFL clubs plus the clubs on the board are were we should be focusing our anger.  The SPFL clubs in particular as its clear they were looking to get one up on us get us out of the way ie settle old scores if people don't think this is a direct attack then I am not seeing what they are seeing.

Did you read the Dunfermline statement backed by another 5 clubs in Championship?

Just now, Gambo said:

Did you read the Dunfermline statement backed by another 5 clubs in Championship?

I read it but never paid much attention.

5 clubs have backed him up do we know the 5 clubs? 

On 10/05/2020 at 15:30, Rods said:

I live in Dundee, so if we do end up in the same league as them, it's my one chance to have a Hearts away game 5 minutes away from where I live for a change.  

You can do what you like, but I'll still be having a few drinks in the house and then heading up the road to Dens to watch my team.  I'm not going for the Dundee's benefit, I'm going for my own and to support the team.  It'll cost me £15 for a game (student ticket special), instead of the £100+ it costs to travel down to Gorgie for what is effectively a day out.

You're welcome to boycott and do what you like, but don't suggest that anyone who does decide to go to an away game is somehow sabotaging the club and doesn't care about them.  I would rather Hearts play in front of some sort of away support, rather than none at all.

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Rods said:

Hibs have 7k season ticket money now and the threat from Dumpster if they want it back they could ruin the club. They will survive but be down a lot but that is to be expected. 

Cant see it being long until Ron the Con takes security over something else then he will have the whole shooting match.

They will but they won’t have anywhere near the money the had to spend, will have make their squad smaller and are stuck with old crocks like Gray and Macgregor on long term deals with decent wages. 
Their season ticket sales are good for them, like just to be a fair few concessions as usual. The deferring of wages will come back to haunt them and Aberdeen and might need to be revisited soon enough.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I live in Dundee, so if we do end up in the same league as them, it's my one chance to have a Hearts away game 5 minutes away from where I live for a change.  

You can do what you like, but I'll still be having a few drinks in the house and then heading up the road to Dens to watch my team.  I'm not going for the Dundee's benefit, I'm going for my own and to support the team.  It'll cost me £15 for a game (student ticket special), instead of the £100+ it costs to travel down to Gorgie for what is effectively a day out.

You're welcome to boycott and do what you like, but don't suggest that anyone who does decide to go to an away game is somehow sabotaging the club and doesn't care about them.  I would rather Hearts play in front of some sort of away support, rather than none at all.

That’s fair enough and it’s up to folk what they do, there will always be a hardcore of fans who go no matter what.

husref musemic
1 hour ago, Defender said:

Twitter is the place for you today.

22games nro
2 hours ago, Defender said:

everyone can decide what they want to do, no issues with that at all.

but for me personally, spending one sngle penny with any of these ****ers is a penny to much and it would make me choke.

only hearts.jpg

East Lothian Jambo
21 hours ago, Smithee said:

Correct, we need to start acting like the 3rd biggest club in the country. Our voice is strong but we don't use it, we're too timid to stand up and fight for our rights and interests. It's time that changed. 

Presumably this also includes the owner and those running the club because we've not been performing like the third biggest club in the country for a considerable period 

I fully concur with your sentiments btw 

husref musemic

Thinking about an away day next year ?

In the Ladbrokes Championship, one club (10%) supported the resolution, with nine clubs (90%) opposing it.