Boycott away games / strengthen foh / Hearts First

Selkirkhmfc1874

11 hours ago, cruzabic said:

I haven't read a single part of this thread, not one single part. Not even the OPs opening statement. But I read the tag line and I have one thing to say. If anyone thinks that they can stop me going to Dundee away next season and stop me watching us do those junkie looking, no teeth baring, wife hitting, street living MOTHER****** so badly that they cry all the way back to their rented 1 bedroom flat in stobwell that they live with 3 kids that all have a different last names...they'd be bloody well wrong. I can't wait.

That is your right but this is exactly why clubs can act as they have been doing as there are no practical or financial consequences. It's tough when people love going to away games but sometimes a principled stand is required.

Only Hearts

Always Hearts

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Rods

• Nookie Bear

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, cruzabic said:

I haven't read a single part of this thread, not one single part. Not even the OPs opening statement. But I read the tag line and I have one thing to say. If anyone thinks that they can stop me going to Dundee away next season and stop me watching us do those junkie looking, no teeth baring, wife hitting, street living MOTHER****** so badly that they cry all the way back to their rented 1 bedroom flat in stobwell that they live with 3 kids that all have a different last names...they'd be bloody well wrong. I can't wait.

You might want to check with Nicola first. 

However its paying Dundee 

4 hours ago, pablo said:

Only Hearts.

If we're looking for a slogan, I don't like Hearts First at all.

This to the power of a million.

Hearts First just sounds too Tommy Robinson-y.

ONLY HEARTS

1971fozzy
11 minutes ago, Boof said:

ONLY HEARTS

that will do me ♥️♥️♥️

julienbrellier

I have it on good authority that at least 2 posters on this thread that are pretending to not back a boycott are Hibs fans. Really sad stuff, not even sure what impact it’s having 

1971fozzy
3 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

I have it on good authority that at least 2 posters on this thread that are pretending to not back a boycott are Hibs fans. Really sad stuff, not even sure what impact it’s having 

bound to be the case. Vermin infestation is rife on a few threads 

34 minutes ago, Boof said:

ONLY HEARTS

Would quickly become Lonely Hearts.  a definite no from me . 

merseyjambo

Let’s look at cold hard cash.

Average away support we take - 1500

Average cost of ticket - £25

Home team gate Monet from our support - £37,500

add on sundries like food, programmes etc = £40,000

Visit these teams twice a season = Minimum of £80,000 we give these clubs

Away ticket fund set up to donate cost of away ticket to club rather than going to game over 18 games puts almost three quarters of a million into the club. 

I get people want to follow us over the country and it’s up to individuals as to what they do but even 2/3rd’s of that number giving their away ticket money to club is an additional almost 500k to the club.

Why should we give money to those clubs who were prepared to look for self interest first.

What would make situation funnier would be if Sevco were to announce that they would not take an away allocation at clubs. How many arses would start twitching without that 100k plus every time they visit. No Sevco and no us at ER is a likely loss of about 1m in revenue from their coffers

2 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

Well I do. Always Hearts is a far less loaded title - and has a Dave Mackay connection.

Strange 🤔

Only Hearts. 

Free Vaseline with every away ticket against teams that voted to expel us. 

Always Hearts for me. Nice wee nod to the main man.

As much as I love turning the scum over on their patch, and have had some of the best days of my life down there, including not that very long ago, I won't spend one single penny outwith Tynecastle, for a very, very long time.

That includes Hampden. 😭

30 minutes ago, JyTees said:

As much as I love turning the scum over on their patch, and have had some of the best days of my life down there, including not that very long ago, I won't spend one single penny outwith Tynecastle, for a very, very long time.

That includes Hampden. 😭

Not even at Plastic Whistle or up in Inverness?

Edited by redjambo

skinnybob72

We should also refuse to give any tickets to the away teams at Tynecastle. We've already seen that SPFL 'rules' mean bugger all so let's see them try to enforce those.

**** the lot of them. Apart from ICT, PT, etc

Hearts007
5 hours ago, ramrod said:

That's a point  a lot may have missed . 

Many of Hearts games next year will be on a Friday night , they will want us on most weeks for sure

One of the reasons I'm considering where to renew or not . 

Thats assuming we get any football 

yep

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

that will do me ♥️♥️♥️

"Big Hearts start at home" or topical "Big Hearts stay at home" I like both these, makes the point either way

Edited by Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Angel eyes

The club should just refuse them that takes the temptation away from our fan base.......if we’re series? cos know what like come end of the season and we’re in we a shout of promotion we will want to be there! But if we refuse and away teams do likewise we can sell out the whole of our stadium ourselves our opponents in the championship certainly won’t do that.

2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

The club should just refuse them that takes the temptation away from our fan base.......if we’re series? cos know what like come end of the season and we’re in we a shout of promotion we will want to be there! But if we refuse and away teams do likewise we can sell out the whole of our stadium ourselves our opponents in the championship certainly won’t do that.

We’re not being demoted because we’ve not put enough money into the club. The fans have done more than anyone, but the reason we’ll be in the championship next year (or whenever) is all down to our own board and their failings. 

A few people on this thread have made it clear they’ll still go to away games if they want. That doesn’t make them any less Hearts fans for doing so. Away days are one of the enjoyable things about following Hearts, certainly more than going to tynie in the last few seasons. 

People can do what they want and boycott other clubs if they wish, but it’s by in large just misdirected anger. 

Angel eyes
5 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

We’re not being demoted because we’ve not put enough money into the club. The fans have done more than anyone, but the reason we’ll be in the championship next year (or whenever) is all down to our own board and their failings. 

A few people on this thread have made it clear they’ll still go to away games if they want. That doesn’t make them any less Hearts fans for doing so. Away days are one of the enjoyable things about following Hearts, certainly more than going to tynie in the last few seasons. 

People can do what they want and boycott other clubs if they wish, but it’s by in large just misdirected anger. 

Agree totally and certainly about away games they’re far more enjoyable than home games which is a shame but I’m in agreement with a boycott of certain teams irrespective if much of our own plight in our own fault.......which it is.

4 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Agree totally and certainly about away games they’re far more enjoyable than home games which is a shame but I’m in agreement with a boycott of certain teams irrespective if much of our own plight in our own fault.......which it is.

Each to their own I guess. I’ll usually only go to 5-6 away games per season anyway (2 of which are Easter Road, which won’t be happening anyway). 

If folk want to boycott then they can fire away, but assuming we can physically attend fixtures whenever next season kicks off I’d probably fancy East End Park or Starks Park for a day out. 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

We should also refuse to give any tickets to the away teams at Tynecastle. We've already seen that SPFL 'rules' mean bugger all so let's see them try to enforce those.

**** the lot of them. Apart from ICT, PT, etc

On the contrary. We offer them every available ticket that isn’t sold to one of our own

We deprive their club of every penny we can whilst taking every penny we can from their fans

Angel eyes
28 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Each to their own I guess. I’ll usually only go to 5-6 away games per season anyway (2 of which are Easter Road, which won’t be happening anyway). 

If folk want to boycott then they can fire away, but assuming we can physically attend fixtures whenever next season kicks off I’d probably fancy East End Park or Starks Park for a day out. 

Funnily enough my favourite away ground in East End Park easy parking easy to get away from followed by Motherwell but for different reasons.....

gorgie rd eh11

I've been avoiding certain clubs since about 2006 but enjoyed the championship season and went to a lot of the away games.

Other than Inverness i won't be at any in the Championship when football resumes. 

Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee, **** off you celtic a**e licking lickspittles

allystrachan

I’d imagine we will get a lot of Friday night away games on BBC Scotland. I’d much rather go to a Gorgie live event than an away game.

that’s if the season even gets going again & social distancing has been relaxed.

5 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

I’d imagine we will get a lot of Friday night away games on BBC Scotland. I’d much rather go to a Gorgie live event than an away game.

that’s if the season even gets going again & social distancing has been relaxed.

Gorgie Live is a superb idea it needs to be expanded.

We must look after number 1 going forward.

Agree that we need to take a Hearts only mentality. Screw the rest of Scottish football. Not interested in fairness and ready to shaft one club in their own self interests. 

FOH subs doubled tonight and season tickets renewed for me and my son. 

Plus, seeing as they've shown their true colours at the first opportunity, it's only emphasised that it's time to turn the screw and completely humiliate our Edinburgh 'neighbours' for the foreseeable future.  We maybe lost that edge for a couple of seasons after 5-1, but their sleekitness will never be forgotten.. 

maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, The Fonz said:

no. it's about denying scummy clubs hard cash and spending that only with Hearts. The dye has been cast. We must now look after our own. Going to away games gives the scab clubs maroon cash and their owners will laugh at us all the way to the bank,

maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, The Fonz said:

Dunfermline and Raith have been 2 of the most scabbiest clubs in this whole charade. Used to be 2 of my most favourite away games but I'll never be back to them again. We really need to get clued up on this otherwise as fans we are complicit and simply rolling over and supporting these scabby clubs with our hard earned cash. stuff them

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, Rods said:

Gorgie Live is a superb idea it needs to be expanded.

We must look after number 1 going forward.

Yup. Gorgie Live needs to be set up to maximise our cash and provide a great day/night out with our mates

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

"Big Hearts start at home" or topical "Big Hearts stay at home" I like both these, makes the point either way

'Back Hearts, stay home' would do for me

24 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Dunfermline and Raith have been 2 of the most scabbiest clubs in this whole charade. Used to be 2 of my most favourite away games but I'll never be back to them again. We really need to get clued up on this otherwise as fans we are complicit and simply rolling over and supporting these scabby clubs with our hard earned cash. stuff them

I’m comfortable enough with my Hearts supporting credentials. 

All the clubs that have voted to call the league as is or against reconstruction are acting in self interest. As frustrating as that might be, it’s not an illicit agenda against Hearts. 

Scottish football is a backwards place, we’ve all known that long before COVID19. If we are to scrutinise anyone or anything from all of this it should be those responsible for us being bottom after 30 odd games, all of whom are at Tynecastle. 

If you want to go to an away game just go and enjoy it. I’ve put in FOH subs for 6 years and had a season ticket for close to 20, if the clubs gets demoted its not my fault or any of the other fans. If anything we are unwillingly complicit in the downfall of our own club. 

It’s up to everyone individually, but I’ll not feel bad for going to an away game. 

maroonsgotop
13 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

All the clubs that have voted to call the league as is or against reconstruction are acting in self interest. As frustrating as that might be, it’s not an illicit agenda against Hearts. 

Scottish football is a backwards place, we’ve all known that long before COVID19. If we are to scrutinise anyone or anything from all of this it should be those responsible for us being bottom after 30 odd games, all of whom are at Tynecastle. 

If you want to go to an away game just go and enjoy it. I’ve put in FOH subs for 6 years and had a season ticket for close to 20, if the clubs gets demoted its not my fault or any of the other fans. If anything we are unwillingly complicit in the downfall of our own club. 

It’s up to everyone individually, but I’ll not feel bad for going to an away game. 

you need to listen to what their scab Chairmen have said then. They went well beyond just voting yes. Both total scum bag clubs. Anyone handing over maroon pounds to them is simply supporting them and letting them laugh in our faces. Carry on if your happy to do that. Your choice.

Yup, not a penny to any other club. Siege mentality from me.

I'll go to ICT and the good guys and express my gratitude. But the rest of the *******s get nowt.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Let’s look at cold hard cash.

Average away support we take - 1500

Average cost of ticket - £25

Home team gate Monet from our support - £37,500

add on sundries like food, programmes etc = £40,000

Visit these teams twice a season = Minimum of £80,000 we give these clubs

Away ticket fund set up to donate cost of away ticket to club rather than going to game over 18 games puts almost three quarters of a million into the club. 

I get people want to follow us over the country and it’s up to individuals as to what they do but even 2/3rd’s of that number giving their away ticket money to club is an additional almost 500k to the club.

Why should we give money to those clubs who were prepared to look for self interest first.

What would make situation funnier would be if Sevco were to announce that they would not take an away allocation at clubs. How many arses would start twitching without that 100k plus every time they visit. No Sevco and no us at ER is a likely loss of about 1m in revenue from their coffers

Sounds good. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

Of course you’re right they are acting in their own self interest, so should we then and give the money we would normally hand to them to Hearts instead? It’s only fair?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

'Back Hearts, stay home' would do for me

Stay safe, back Hearts, don’t go to the ****ing shitholes that every other clubs grounds in the country inhabits? To long?

Guest ToqueJambo

Normally I wouldn't support a boycott but in this case it's valid and deserved in most cases, and is unlikely to affect the team. 100 or so at least will probably always go. Others could give away day money to Hearts instead although everyone will probably be just trying to get their finances back in shape. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Still like my idea of drawing Hibs in the Cup at Tynie and boycotting it.  Pack the pubs, donate the ticket money to Hearts then take the 50% of the 3,500 gate after giving them a trouncing.

How is boycotting games going to help the team on the pitch that day? For example, if we refused the allocation that Hibs gave us then they would just fill the stadium with even more of them. Even if they couldn't fill the usual away stand with their supporters, the stadium would still be full of them. Ridiculous.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
9 hours ago, JyTees said:

That includes Hampden. 😭

Anything with 51 in it will do me😉

foundation51/club51/51club/FOH51

Or the **** the SPFL appeal.

jack D and coke

I’ll be at every single Hearts game next season. 
Home and away. 
Stop this nonsense

👍🏼

Edit I can’t ****ing wait 

Edited by jack D and coke

queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Alloa, Dunfermline, Dundee, **** off you celtic a**e licking lickspittles

Yup **** Dunfermline.

To think 3000 of our fans went to East End Park for a joint fundraiser when both clubs were in financial trouble. Hardly ant of their fans even turned up.

Then they vote to have us relegated.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Elite said:

How is boycotting games going to help the team on the pitch that day?

They would not hear us booing them and telling them how shite they are - just my experience from the last couple of season ;) 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Home and away. 
Stop this nonsense

👍🏼

That's right. Why should Hearts supporters not enjoy their football on a Saturday afternoon. Letting others dictate how you live your life like that is not smart.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Home and away. 
Stop this nonsense

👍🏼

Strange. I'm pretty sure that just a couple of weeks ago you were stating that you were ready to pack the whole thing in and turn your back on the club completely.

Any Hearts fan putting money in to Scab clubs is a Scab themself. 

allystrachan
4 hours ago, Elite said:

How is boycotting games going to help the team on the pitch that day? For example, if we refused the allocation that Hibs gave us then they would just fill the stadium with even more of them. Even if they couldn't fill the usual away stand with their supporters, the stadium would still be full of them. Ridiculous.

No point including hibs in the boycott, does anyone expect them to back us? They took their chance to kick us when we are down & I’d be raging if we didn’t do the same back to them if the tables were turned.

The likes of St J, Ross county, raith etc who have made decisions in their own financial self interest over shafting us can get to ****.