Next manager.

Hans von Luck

45 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Lost me🤔

He has the Academy and the Reserves playing high presding attacking football. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I see DS has got all the teams through the levels training and playing the way he wants them to. 

interesting, where did you see this?

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good you agree with me, it can get worse. 

Long way to say that tho. 

Indeed.   Remember the post-match interview after the fly-past, when Alan Archibald was told about the banner behind the plane ?  "Wow -  be careful what you wish for".    Turned out he was right. 

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

He has the Academy and the Reserves playing high presding attacking football. 

How does that work when they're supposed to be locked away in their houses?

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

interesting, where did you see this?

It was in an interview with Harry Cochrane. 

42 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

They've got training plans. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

How do you train for high press attacking football on your own? 😂

2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

You run about. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I see DS has got all the teams through the levels training and playing the way he wants them to. 

That really doesn't seem like the actions of someone who is off if we go down...

Leveins Battalion
17 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

So who do we think found/selected and endorsed DS appointment?

Hard to believe AB found him.

Jambos Kickback poll 100 %

Pity Robinson didn't come out on top..

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Some of us could see the way we were going BEFORE Robbie left. 

I'm not really interested in going back over it all again with you. 

If only your last sentence was true. 

😭😭😭😭

2 smirnoff ices and you'll be all over it. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

Run about a lot. 

Probably use thier gardens tho or gyms / gym equipment if they have one. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Run about a lot. 

Probably use thier gardens tho or gyms / gym equipment if they have one. 

Run about a lot 😂

Geez piece. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Cheers, just read it, though it only talks about the reserves. 

Yup, the players will be given training plans, and that will include reviewing footage so they can learn up on their roles. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I want to stick with Stendel. With the right players he could be very good.

But we need a lot of new players, a new CEO, removal of the leeches like McPhee, Levein and Murray and competent replacements for them. It’s a hell of a lot it ask given the state of play.

If I was Stendel, I doubt I’d be sticking around.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Run about a lot 😂

Geez piece. 

Just like you on here. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I want to stick with Stendel. With the right players he could be very good.

But we need a lot of new players, a new CEO, removal of the leeches like McPhee, Levein and Murray and competent replacements for them. It’s a hell of a lot it ask given the state of play.

If I was Stendel, I doubt I’d be sticking around.

Hopefully Stendel isn't a quitter. 

53 minutes ago, OTT said:

That really doesn't seem like the actions of someone who is off if we go down...

He's not going anywhere mate. 👍 

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cheers, just read it, though it only talks about the reserves. 

Yup, the players will be given training plans, and that will include reviewing footage so they can learn up on their roles. 

👍 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hopefully Stendel isn't a quitter. 

Not sure I’d have him down as a quitter. More of a pragmatist. There comes a point at which everyone would say ‘feck this’

Greedy Jambo

I get the impression that Stendel wants to stay on. 

As Magnus Magnusson once said, "I've started so i'll finish" 

Whether we can afford to keep him on is another story. 

Someone on our Barnsley forum has been doing interviews with former players and managers and the last one was the CEO who appointed Daniel Stendel.  Apparently he had no English at all at the time. He made major changes when he came in as manager. ( obviously the way we played but also with training, routines etc) I think he would want to see the job through at Hearts as long as he's backed. Unfortunately for us, the board at Barnsley didn't match his ambition. 

Greedy Jambo
15 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Someone on our Barnsley forum has been doing interviews with former players and managers and the last one was the CEO who appointed Daniel Stendel.  Apparently he had no English at all at the time. He made major changes when he came in as manager. ( obviously the way we played but also with training, routines etc) I think he would want to see the job through at Hearts as long as he's backed. Unfortunately for us, the board at Barnsley didn't match his ambition. 

I would imagine he's on a tonne of money and if we're to back him in a January transfer window it's going to cost a tonne more. 

It's all up in the air just now, but If we end up in the championship.. Money is going to be a problem. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

I would imagine he's on a tonne of money and if we're to back him in a January transfer window it's going to cost a tonne more. 

It's all up in the air just now, but If we end up in the championship.. Money is going to be a problem. 

When asked what attracted him to Hearts, in his first interview, he stated "the loyalty from the chairman". Its pretty widely accepted that Ann was too loyal to Craig and his previous chairman was distinctly disloyal, but if thats the kind of value that he rates highly, surely its a 2 way street and he has no intention of jumping ship. Couple that with his good mates leaving long established jobs then im confident that team Stendell are here for the long term. And thats something im happy with. His players, his philosophy, his work ethic, were tearing whatever league we end up in to pieces. HHGH 

Greedy Jambo
14 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

When asked what attracted him to Hearts, in his first interview, he stated "the loyalty from the chairman". Its pretty widely accepted that Ann was too loyal to Craig and his previous chairman was distinctly disloyal, but if thats the kind of value that he rates highly, surely its a 2 way street and he has no intention of jumping ship. Couple that with his good mates leaving long established jobs then im confident that team Stendell are here for the long term. And thats something im happy with. His players, his philosophy, his work ethic, were tearing whatever league we end up in to pieces. HHGH 

I agree but his contract is only valid for the premiership, why would that be?

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

Wouldn't know about money but I certainly don't get the impression it's the motivating factor, look at the way he was first to give up his pay in the Corona crisis. Barnsley don't pay silly money to anyone but like you say money will be tight next season but not just for you. Another plus is his ability with the youngsters so you'd save money that way too.

Greedy Jambo
29 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Wouldn't know about money but I certainly don't get the impression it's the motivating factor, look at the way he was first to give up his pay in the Corona crisis. Barnsley don't pay silly money to anyone but like you say money will be tight next season but not just for you. Another plus is his ability with the youngsters so you'd save money that way too.

Yeah, but if you look at it another way, he can afford to give up his pay cos he's been paid a fortune. 

Who know's, but i do know that he will be on a lot more than the usual suspects that get put forward for the job on here. Robbo and the likes. 

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I agree but his contract is only valid for the premiership, why would that be?

Explain?

14 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Yeah, but if you look at it another way, he can afford to give up his pay cos he's been paid a fortune. 

Who know's, but i do know that he will be on a lot more than the usual suspects that get put forward for the job on here. Robbo and the likes. 

Well what would you call a lot? I think you're underestimating him giving up his wages, particularly for a club he's only been at for a few months. 

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Well what would you call a lot? I think you're underestimating him giving up his wages, particularly for a club he's only been at for a few months. 

It took us an eternity to get him on board and he was Ann budges last throw of the dice. She must have went all in to get him. Must have. 

7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

It took us an eternity to get him on board and he was Ann budges last throw of the dice. She must have went all in to get him. Must have. 

I'm not sure that would be about money, I think he had a lot of stuff on his mind, he was upset at what had gone off at Barnsley and it sounds as though he had personal issues with a very ill relative going by the Christmas saga, as well as other offers to mull over.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Have you ever seen Rocky II where his trainer has him chasing a chicken in a fenced off area “I feel like a Kentucky Fried Idiot” 😆😂🤣🤪😃.

Like that.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Have you ever seen Rocky II where his trainer has him chasing a chicken in a fenced off area “I feel like a Kentucky Fried Idiot” 😆😂🤣🤪😃.

Like that.

You tell him!

:lol: 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like that.

Mate, i've been watching the hearts team chase chickens for the last 5 years. 

Have i seen Rocky? I'm gonna have to say no to that, there's no way that i was standing infront of my tv punching air. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like that.

It's been a while since there was "demon speed" in our team Pasquale! 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Mate, i've been watching the hearts team chase chickens for the last 5 years. 

Have i seen Rocky? I'm gonna have to say no to that, there's no way that i was standing infront of my tv punching air. 

The repeats have been on the last few nights, watching Rocky IV now, love them 😃
Donkeys chasing chickens ain’t entertaining.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Rudi!

:rudi: :rudiyas:

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jodami said:

Hahahaha. Quiet possibly the slowest squad ever, Berra was quickest according to Macphee, Mulraney had his ear pods in and ran the wrong way 🤣🤪.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The repeats have been on the last few nights, watching Rocky IV now, love them 😃.

He’s just the best ‘dumb guy’ ever.

Mainly because he’s not dumb at all, a really good bloke.

Just now, Jodami said:

That left peg certainly possessed demon speed. 

Indeed it did.

Took the Vermin to the cleaners, more times than they care to remember.  :fth:

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

He’s just the best ‘dumb guy’ ever.

Mainly because he’s not dumb at all, a really good bloke.

Some really funny moments in the films, those bits where he’s training are quite motivating tbh 😃.

He was nominated for best actor and screenplay at the Oscars in 1977.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Indeed it did.

Took the Vermin to the cleaners, more times than they care to remember.  :fth:

I’ve asked it a few times now, and to get us back on topic,  DOES HE HAVE COACHING BADGES 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

I'm not sure that would be about money, I think he had a lot of stuff on his mind, he was upset at what had gone off at Barnsley and it sounds as though he had personal issues with a very ill relative going by the Christmas saga, as well as other offers to mull over.

Bit of both, we wouldn't have got him for peanuts. We're in Scotland remember. The Barnsley owner has recently offered to buy Hearts. 

Apologies if said. But i said before stendel and i stand by it. Big Duncan is very interested in becoming a manager and has already registered interest... Shoot me down 

9 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Bit of both, we wouldn't have got him for peanuts. We're in Scotland remember. The Barnsley owner has recently offered to buy Hearts. 

Dont equate Barnsley' owners s buying clubs with putting money into the club!

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Apologies if said. But i said before stendel and i stand by it. Big Duncan is very interested in becoming a manager and has already registered interest... Shoot me down 

No there’s an idea, one of the best on here so far.

ford donald
20 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Explain?

His contract is for the SPl,so if we are relegated,he can leave or be could be dismissed.

1 hour ago, ford donald said:

His contract is for the SPl,so if we are relegated,he can leave or be could be dismissed.

Have you seen his contract?