Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Stendel will leave and he may have been the one that got away or we could be spared losing an embarrassing amount of goals against Raith Rovers and the likes.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Stendel failed in Scotland, probably down to the players he had at his disposal but he refused to change his pressing tactics and we were beaten nearly every week with that ball over the top. He also waited too long before dropping Pereira and that cost us goals. I also think there were dressing room problems with some players and that didn’t help. I’ll be surprised if he’s still manager next season and I’m sure the club will go for an experienced Scottish manager.

Lots of candidates, Robbo, Hartley, Robinson and Holt would probably be on the shortlist.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I reckon Stendel will leave, irrespective of what division we end up with.

When that happens, I think Budge will want to take the ‘safe option’ which is someone experienced in Scotland and who the Hearts fans will get on side with (which is an ex player or manager.)

I personally can’t see past Robbo or Paulo Sérgio as the new boss.

Pretty certain it will be Steven naismith player manager,   may e Gary naysmith somewhere in coaching alongside him ,,,, if daniel stendel does decide to go "     hope not just yet🤞🤞🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Pretty certain it will be Steven naismith player manager,   may e Gary naysmith somewhere in coaching alongside him ,,,, if daniel stendel does decide to go "     hope not just yet🤞🤞🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

That would be my guess too  - he's already here, he knows the club, the players etc and there would be no compensation to pay!

But we're not there and may well not be at all.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who will be on the new board. 

Surely this one will do the decent thing and let someone else pick a manager.  Quickly 

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

That would be my guess too  - he's already here, he knows the club, the players etc and there would be no compensation to pay!

But we're not there and may well not be at all.

He committed him self for 3&half years,knowing the way things are ,,, that he might not last that long playing ? Seems hes wanted the chance to coach or more etc,,,,,

pettigrewsstylist
29 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Stendel failed in Scotland, probably down to the players he had at his disposal but he refused to change his pressing tactics and we were beaten nearly every week with that ball over the top. He also waited too long before dropping Pereira and that cost us goals. I also think there were dressing room problems with some players and that didn’t help. I’ll be surprised if he’s still manager next season and I’m sure the club will go for an experienced Scottish manager.

Lots of candidates, Robbo, Hartley, Robinson and Holt would probably be on the shortlist.

Yes please.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Jee said:

Seeing the usual names like JJ or Robbo and the predictable yet inevitable suggestion of a role for Locke is utterly depressing.

Indeed. Nobody has mentioned the 🐍 yet have they ?

ford donald
15 hours ago, pointon said:

Jim Jefferies D.O.F

Robbo Manager

Gary Locke or Neil McCann as assistant 

Sounds good to me.

ford donald
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’d like stendel to have a crack at it but if not I’d go for someone who’s been at the club before and gets what this is all about. Robbo or McCann maybe. 

McCann would be worth a try.

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Jee said:

Seeing the usual names like JJ or Robbo and the predictable yet inevitable suggestion of a role for Locke is utterly depressing.

It’s a bizarre thread as we still have a manager.

I very much doubt he is going anywhere.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

David McCaig
33 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Stendel is going nowhere.

That's very true... But only because he's already  gone and is currently in Germany, which is where he will be staying.

Brauhauser2012

What a bunch of cloth ears.

The OP must have started lockdown in some bunker months ago where the internet was not available to miss all the statements Daniel has made about Hearts being a sleeping giant etc. I don't think he brought over his best friend from Hannover 96, persuading him to leave a club where he was worshipped to turn tail at the first sign of difficulty.

Believe what you want, I believe DS is a genuine guy like the Barnsley fans said he was and he'll be here a while yet..

16 minutes ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

The OP must have started lockdown in some bunker months ago where the internet was not available to miss all the statements Daniel has made about Hearts being a sleeping giant etc. I don't think he brought over his best friend from Hannover 96, persuading him to leave a club where he was worshipped to turn tail at the first sign of difficulty.

Believe what you want, I believe DS is a genuine guy like the Barnsley fans said he was and he'll be here a while yet..

Well said.

1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

This correct. However it won’t stop the propaganda machines wheels turning.

TyphoonJambo

👏👏👏👏

Well put

highlandjambo3

This is what I hope for 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

:spoton:

jack D and coke

Every manager or managerial setup mentioned in this thread has literally drained the life out of me...
Stendel a fraud too...

:cornette:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Every manager or managerial setup mentioned in this thread has literally drained the life out of me...
Stendel a fraud too...

:cornette:

The Scottish dream team is a cracker.

.:facepalm:

jack D and coke
59 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The Scottish dream team is a cracker.

.:facepalm:

I love Lockey. But no. Just no. 

Hectormasson
36 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I love Lockey. But no. Just no. 

Me too, ditto   we have to look in a forward direction, and as good a guy as gary is   we need  stronger people with experience , for the next move forward ...🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

ford donald
7 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a bizarre thread as we still have a manager.

I very much doubt he is going anywhere.

If we are relegated,he will be gone.

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, ford donald said:

If we are relegated,he will be gone.

I hope not.

Time will tell and there’s certainly plenty of time.

ford donald
26 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I hope not.

Time will tell and there’s certainly plenty of time.

Hearts owner Ann Budge says "speed is of the essence" if reconstruction has a "fighting chance" of being agreed.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Hearts owner Ann Budge says "speed is of the essence" if reconstruction has a "fighting chance" of being agreed.

Speed.

We’ll see.

ford donald
8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Can't see Stendel leaving despite the clause.

I think he will,massive rebuild player wise,would his system suit the drop?Doubt it.

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, ford donald said:

I think he will,massive rebuild player wise,would his system suit the drop?Doubt it.

I think what has happened with him is the same with a lot of past players/managers...they have got us, fell in love.

We’ll see, I want him to stay for the rebuild.

Think the choice she has to make is Stendel or McInnes.  Regardless of which league we are in. Who is going to build the football side of the club over the next few years? My money is on McInnes. I’m sure she will find a benefactor to take care of the additional costs though only salary to cover as I think Aberdeen are looking for a change as well so compensation wont be a huge deal. 

2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The clause is two-sided. Hearts also have the option of cancelling the contract this summer. Won’t be an issue if we are not in top league. Stendel and his guys wont see Scottish championship as something they want on their cv’s 

8 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:spoton:

His friend signed a contract that ends in mid June. Hardly a long term commitment. Tonge’s  contract expires in summer as well. Stendels has a break clause this summer. Add 1+1+1 and I’m sure the answer is 3 

Add in the virus threat to income for the rest of the year and there’s no way we will be extending those contracts imo. Too high risk. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think the choice she has to make is Stendel or McInnes.  Regardless of which league we are in. Who is going to build the football side of the club over the next few years? My money is on McInnes. I’m sure she will find a benefactor to take care of the additional costs though only salary to cover as I think Aberdeen are looking for a change as well so compensation wont be a huge deal. 

If that is the case why did we not go for Mcinnes before we appointed Stendel?

10 minutes ago, pointon said:

If that is the case why did we not go for Mcinnes before we appointed Stendel?

Timing, money, recent  change of ownership at Aberdeen. We did have a sniff at getting him but it wasn’t right timing-wise. Think it could be now. Aberdeen don’t/can’t really afford the salaries they are currently paying the  manager and his assistant. Possibility of no football for months just makes that even more of a problem for them. If they get a chance to downsize that bill they won’t be difficult to deal with. Majority of fans want him gone as well, been there too long I think. 

eyesandears

Robbie Neilson the obvious choice for us in the Championship as he owns that league now. And if we stay in the Premiership he's a safe pair of hands to steady the ship. We'd be mid table at worst with him and most likely top 6.

Unfortunately of course our stock has fallen so much that there is no chance he'll leave United for us. Changed days.

Naismith player manager? **** off. Kenny Miller worked brilliantly for Livi right enough. 

Complete nonsense that doesn't work at bigger clubs. Diddies, maybe but its nothing more than an ego trip. 

Stick with Stendel, if he goes then we go for Paulo IMO.

Hectormasson
6 hours ago, ford donald said:

It will be the first time shel have showed any speed in anything shes done with hearts,   being so slow has got us in this shite to start with !          Let's hope for once that something comes out of this latest thing that benefits hearts and the  fans ?     We could well do with it .......

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

might not be his choice as the clause also lets us get rid if we get relegated.

Sad fact is he’s on a very good wage for us and we may not be able to afford that in the championship if we go down.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Naismith player manager? **** off. Kenny Miller worked brilliantly for Livi right enough. 

Complete nonsense that doesn't work at bigger clubs. Diddies, maybe but its nothing more than an ego trip. 

Stick with Stendel, if he goes then we go for Paulo IMO.

What’s Kenny Miller got to do with it? And are us, Rangers, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City diddy teams? We’ve had good success with a player manager. It also worked with Souness, Dalglish, Vialli and of course. the greatest of the all, Doddie.

Naismith would be a great candidate if we go down IMO.He has all the attributes we’d need for a promotion season. That said, Robbo would be the obvious best candidate for that situation.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

What’s Kenny Miller got to do with it? And are us, Rangers, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City diddy teams? We’ve had good success with a player manager. It also worked with Souness, Dalglish, Vialli and of course. the greatest of the all, Doddie.

Naismith would be a great candidate if we go down IMO.He has all the attributes we’d need for a promotion season. 

Not in the modern game. Its a joke. You do it when you need a caretaker and only for a short period of time.

It seems diddy to me. Using someone with minimal experience, you're either the gaffer or one of the lads. I do not think both work. Naismith has heaps of respect as a player, I don't want any risk of that going away whilst he still has a good couple of years in him. 

No issue with him getting his badges now and starting to help out with the kids or something. 

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Timing, money, recent  change of ownership at Aberdeen. We did have a sniff at getting him but it wasn’t right timing-wise. Think it could be now. Aberdeen don’t/can’t really afford the salaries they are currently paying the  manager and his assistant. Possibility of no football for months just makes that even more of a problem for them. If they get a chance to downsize that bill they won’t be difficult to deal with. Majority of fans want him gone as well, been there too long I think. 

What they are paying that pair,  if figures are to be believed,  is bloody ridiculous 

18 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

What they are paying that pair,  if figures are to be believed,  is bloody ridiculous 

Agreed, that’s why Cormack wants rid of them.