Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Scottie Wanshot.
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

With the risk of going all J Al on you, who do you recommend?

either Robo or perhaps Elvis

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Pasquale for King
Just now, Scottie Wanshot. said:

**** me what have they two ever done? Robbo has at least been competitive but his teams simply can’t defend. As for the snake he would really unite the fans 🙈. This thread is depressing. Nobody has mentioned a decent replacement that is likely to come if we are in the Championship.

East Lothian Jambo
6 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Elvis? I'm far from convinced we're on the right path with Stendel.  I'm pretty sure he won't be back. Pressley has a pretty poor managerial CV to put it mildly 

Robbo had his chance albeit under difficult circumstances.  He's better off out of it quite frankly. There is no bigger figure or legend than the wee man 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

East Lothian Jambo
5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Still on about the same tripe?  Past tense.

Thread is about next manager. Future tense.

I was responding to comments made by another poster 

Give yourself a break man 

East Lothian Jambo
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Agree Glasgow. I think Stendel is the right man for the job. He just needs time. 

Without a doubt Berra hasn't been the same player but, I think he could have regained some form with Souttar beside him. He needed dropped, not launched from the club, he was club captain. It wasn't right. I think Halkett made him nervous tbh. 

Halkett's miles out of his depth at Hearts. He got done by David Vanecek last season playing for Livi. You could see it almost instantly after the first few games, he didn't have a clue how to defend in a back four without Lithgow and Gallagher holding his hand. 

You're right about that East, recruitment has been shambolic. I don't believe Halkett had ever been properly watched at all otherwise i don't think we would have signed him. Gallagher would have been the natural replacement for Berra as well.

As for Robinson. I''d have happily taken him at the time. I agree, he's done a fantastic job at Motherwell. The only thing about Robinson is he seems like an absolute shop front in dealing with people and his behaviour off the pitch. 

I think you're right about Robinson in that his character seems open to question. Done really well on a modest budget. Has to change bodies year after year but remain very competitive.  Good scouting operation at Motherwell.  Know what they're about 

If we are to go down and Stendel isn't coming back and Levein is finally going,  I wouldn't put it past AB to have Robbie near the top of her list. Perhaps even right at the very top 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

47 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

because he does. hes not interested.

How do you know he’s ‘not interested’?

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I think you're right about Robinson in that his character seems open to question. Done really well on a modest budget. Has to change bodies year after year but remain very competitive.  Good scouting operation at Motherwell.  Know what they're about 

If we are to go down and Stendel isn't coming back and Levein is finally going,  I wouldn't put it past AB to have Robbie near the top of her list. Perhaps even right at the very top 

No one can argue with what Robinson has done at Motherwell. I don't think it's just him. As you say they seem to have a good set up there. Good recruitment and good academy all at a fraction of what we're spending. 

I'd happily have Robbie back but I don't know if he would come back. I don't think we'd ever get fireworks but he'd have us competing where we should be every single season. It would be interesting to see what he could do without a DoF. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Would he want to come to us in the championship? He’s being mentioned for the NI job, hopefully Macphee will be involved somehow and away from here.

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would he want to come to us in the championship? He’s being mentioned for the NI job, hopefully Macphee will be involved somehow and away from here.

Robinson or Neilson?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Robinson or Neilson?

Robinson, what has Neilson done to attract that level of job? Neither are likely to be interested in the Hearts job in the championship.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Robinson or Neilson?

We should have got Robinson in earlier this season  in hindsight 

East Lothian Jambo
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robinson, what has Neilson done to attract that level of job? Neither are likely to be interested in the Hearts job in the championship.

I reckon both would take it 

Despite the disastrous job Budge has done on the football side, largely through allowing Levein to hoodwink her, Hearts is still very much the most attractive role outside OF in Scotland 

Next manager of Aberdeen won't be on 50% of Mcinnes terms 

Pasquale for King
Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

I reckon both would take it 

Despite the disastrous job Budge has done on the football side, largely through allowing Levein to hoodwink her, Hearts is still very much the most attractive role outside OF in Scotland 

Next manager of Aberdeen won't be on 50% of Mcinnes terms 

Both those two would cost a bit of compensation and a decent wage, can’t see either being interested. Robinson is being linked with bigger jobs and Neilson has nothing to prove in the Championship.

East Lothian Jambo
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both those two would cost a bit of compensation and a decent wage, can’t see either being interested. Robinson is being linked with bigger jobs and Neilson has nothing to prove in the Championship.

Potential at Hearts is huge 

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is indeed.

Which makes the events of the last 3.5 years obscene 

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robinson firmly in frame to replace O’Neill

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Which makes the events of the last 3.5 years obscene 

Criminal to be honest. 

Lone Striker

Has anyone given a thought as to who would interview a prospective new manager ?   From what I can see, there is no-one in a senior position at Tynecastle who knows anything about football.     Anyone else starting to think that Ann might be considering re-appointing CL as DoF  simply for that reason ?

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

The arseholes that got us in the mess were trying to live up to expectations. 

Blame runs through all sections of the club without exception 

I don't come on here to disrespect your opinion, I get it. I just think we have the capability to challenge without bursting the bank. I get what you are saying, however we have underachieved for the third biggest team in Scotland. Smaller teams than us have arsed the new firm in Europe, why can't we do it here. In  the big picture they are shite. 

East Lothian Jambo
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Criminal to be honest. 

If relegation is confirmed I'd like to think she'll review the most recent facility she made available to the club and determine whether it should be reevaluated. Pain needs to be shared if relegation is to cost in region of £3M and she should feel the pain too 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

If relegation is confirmed I'd like to think she'll review the most recent facility she made available to the club and determine whether it should be reevaluated. Pain needs to be shared if relegation is to cost in region of £3M and she should feel the pain too 

She’s more likely to give Levein and Macphee another job.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Yes, you're right there. And a productive academy too.  Both in stark contrast to us, sadly.   It's utterly tragic that we've squandered what should be our advantage (fans and money) and struggle against supposed minnows like Livi and Hamilton. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, tightrope said:

I don't come on here to disrespect your opinion, I get it. I just think we have the capability to challenge without bursting the bank. I get what you are saying, however we have underachieved for the third biggest team in Scotland. Smaller teams than us have arsed the new firm in Europe, why can't we do it here. In  the big picture they are shite. 

We have massively under achieved.

Possibly in part because we tried to accelerate too soon and badly lost the path. Teams do well for longer when they build year on year. Hearts are not alone in the need to satisfy supporters quickly  but for many reasons,  many mistakes we are right back where we started again

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Has anyone given a thought as to who would interview a prospective new manager ?   From what I can see, there is no-one in a senior position at Tynecastle who knows anything about football.     Anyone else starting to think that Ann might be considering re-appointing CL as DoF  simply for that reason ?

I think we’ve seen what he knows about football, I wouldn’t put it past her. 
If Stendel leaves we will have a wee while to get someone in as Sporting Director with the remit to choose a manager.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes, you're right there. And a productive academy too.  Both in stark contrast to us, sadly.   It's utterly tragic that we've squandered what should be our advantage (fans and money) and struggle against supposed minnows like Livi and Hamilton. 

I think I would much rather we went after their CEO, scouts and whoever runs the academy over their manager.

If Levein is moved back into the dof role then I swear I’ll spontaneously combust. I’m done with his pet projects. Robbie left for a reason and it wasn’t to further his career with MK Dons.  Now we are screaming out for him to SOS! We are a club that has been scraping the barrel for a few years now. Let’s just take our medicine and rebuild from the bottom up. Can’t be any worse than the last 3 years! 

Lone Striker
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think I would much rather we went after their CEO, scouts and whoever runs the academy over their manager.

Agree 100%  :smile:

pettigrewsstylist

So who do we think found/selected and endorsed DS appointment?

Hard to believe AB found him.

At the end of the day Stendel has a get out clause if he really wants to be The Hearts manager he would be telling the press he waves that right 

3 hours ago, pointon said:

At the end of the day Stendel has a get out clause if he really wants to be The Hearts manager he would be telling the press he waves that right 

That’s far too sensible a post. Which is also totally correct imo. Close thread! 

3 hours ago, pointon said:

If he really wanted to leave though, then why hasn't he already? He's not taking a wage, and has already gone back to Germany. He can physically quit right now. But, his last public comments were that he's working from home, analysing potential targets for next season. Sounds to me like he's happy to carry on. 

Our top flight status is completely out of our hands right now. If he wanted to walk, he'd have walked.

Edited by Locky

12 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Loved Elvis as a player, but he's an awful manager.

Done alright at Falkirk, but since then has failed miserably.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Robbo's management record is unimpressive tbh. 

Pressley has also not done much and he would divide the fans further. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

If Levein is moved back into the dof role then I swear I’ll spontaneously combust. I’m done with his pet projects. Robbie left for a reason and it wasn’t to further his career with MK Dons.  Now we are screaming out for him to SOS! We are a club that has been scraping the barrel for a few years now. Let’s just take our medicine and rebuild from the bottom up. Can’t be any worse than the last 3 years! 

It can be worse than the last 3 years. 

We've reached 3 semi finals, a final and 2 6th. place finishes. 

This season highlights "it can't get worse" team are wrong, even after CL left as manager.......it technically got worse! 

Folk said the same with Robbie, Cathro, CL and now Stendel. 

It can get worse. 

But aye, I agree CL should not be at the club in the summer. 

Imagine CL as dof and Pressley as manager. 😂😂

Bazzas right boot
On 21/04/2020 at 22:02, Space Pirate said:

We should have been building to be consistently 3rd in the league 5 years ago. 

What do you expect us to build to now with nae money and the same jobbies in charge?

Championship most likely on the way...

When we were 3rd, many fans were unhappy. A plane was even hired. 

I reckon in a former guise you were a poster that was unhappy with Robbie so your above post is shite. 

Unhappy then, unhappy now. 

If we offered Stephen Robinson job in the summer and we were the championship. I think he would still come. Much bigger club than Motherwell. Same with a few other managers in the SPL. They would leave to come to us. Stendal would not be ideal for the championship. You need to grind Wins out some weeks and he doesn’t seem that type of manager. 

people clambering for robbo... he is a decent manager but not good enough for hearts and neither is Elvis or McCann. All players at Dundee saying McCann is arrogant and a few other things. Doesn’t sound good. He got Dundee relegated aswell. 

Horatio Caine
12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Robinson firmly in frame to replace O’Neill

Wright is apparently the favourite for that gig.

East Lothian Jambo
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It can be worse than the last 3 years. 

We've reached 3 semi finals, a final and 2 6th. place finishes. 

This season highlights "it can't get worse" team are wrong, even after CL left as manager.......it technically got worse! 

Folk said the same with Robbie, Cathro, CL and now Stendel. 

It can get worse. 

But aye, I agree CL should not be at the club in the summer. 

Imagine CL as dof and Pressley as manager. 😂😂

2016/17. Worst team in league from December to May 

2017/18.  6th place some 18 point ts behind newly promoted Hibs. CEO set top 4 minimum expectation 

2018/19. 6th place after being top until October.  Statistically worst side in country from October onwards. CEO again set top 4 minimum expectation. Again finished behind Hibs 

2019/20..... Unliklely to know for certain. Harsh lessons from previous 2.5 years not learned. Utter shite on every level and staring relegation firmly in the face. Levein to this day still in the payroll. Behind Hibs for 3rd successive season (when did they last finish above us 3 years in a row.....). CEO sets..... yip that's right.... top 4 minimum expectation 

What kind of leader allows total failure to occur in their business for 3 years in succession and allow the individual responsible to continue in post. Now scurrying around in complete desperation trying to convince rest of Scottish football that reconstruction is a great idea in order to stave off relegation

Stendel has taken 11 points from 15 games. Combination of dumb and dumber amassed 12 points from initial 15 games

Looks like you're technically correct. It can get even worse! 

43 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

2017/18.  6th place some 18 point ts behind newly promoted Hibs. CEO set top 4 minimum expectation 

2018/19. 6th place after being top until October.  Statistically worst side in country from October onwards. CEO again set top 4 minimum expectation. Again finished behind Hibs 

2019/20..... Unliklely to know for certain. Harsh lessons from previous 2.5 years not learned. Utter shite on every level and staring relegation firmly in the face. Levein to this day still in the payroll. Behind Hibs for 3rd successive season (when did they last finish above us 3 years in a row.....). CEO sets..... yip that's right.... top 4 minimum expectation 

What kind of leader allows total failure to occur in their business for 3 years in succession and allow the individual responsible to continue in post. Now scurrying around in complete desperation trying to convince rest of Scottish football that reconstruction is a great idea in order to stave off relegation

Stendel has taken 11 points from 15 games. Combination of dumb and dumber amassed 12 points from initial 15 games

Was that the next manager (THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD) who caused all this or are you just slavering on your tiresome hobby horse again?

merseyjambo
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Was that the next manager (THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD) who caused all this or are you just slavering on your tiresome hobby horse again?

Go back through the thread then

Someone actually suggested reappointing CL as DOF. It was shot down by a poster then SRB suggested it wasn’t a bad idea to which the post you are berating is a response.

Reappointing CL in any capacity is a no-no for a lot of people. We’ve been saddled with a poor recruitment system and a mediocre squad.

If as is highly possible we start life in championship we need to start the whole thing from scratch and appoint a CEO who is football minded and can clear out out abysmal recruitment system that the previous DOF left us with.

Will Stendal stay if we go down. I doubt it. Personally think he was a good appointment but has been trying to fight with one hand tied behind his back with a lazy, poorly motivated bloated squad 

Who do I want. Only ex player I’d want would be Robbo but he’d only be good for getting us up then start with someone new in SPL

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Good you agree with me, it can get worse. 

Long way to say that tho. 

Greedy Jambo
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

When we were 3rd, many fans were unhappy. A plane was even hired. 

I reckon in a former guise you were a poster that was unhappy with Robbie so your above post is shite. 

Unhappy then, unhappy now. 

Some of us could see the way we were going BEFORE Robbie left. 

I'm not really interested in going back over it all again with you. 

36 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Some of us could see the way we were going BEFORE Robbie left. 

I'm not really interested in going back over it all again with you. 

Thank the Lord for that

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good you agree with me, it can get worse. 

Long way to say that tho. 

Noted. I'll try to use CL, Tbh, ofc et al 

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I see DS has got all the teams through the levels training and playing the way he wants them to. 

Lost me🤔