Next manager.

Hans von Luck

PapaShango
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Stendel isn’t going anywhere.

Suck it up.

You sure about that? The guy has a clause in his contract to leave, no way he is coming back next season to manage in the second tier of Scotland. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

You sure about that? The guy has a clause in his contract to leave, no way he is coming back next season to manage in the second tier of Scotland. 

with football in a crisis that will hit a lot of clubs financially, having a long term contract can be vital as it could be hard for him to go to another club any time soon.

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Pretty sure he made a statement in the EEN saying he wanted to stay. 🤷‍♂️

May be remembering incorrectly though. 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Love Robbo,however he should be nowhere near the Hearts job.

Robinson or Holt for me.

Holt at livi is merely Martindales puppet. Holt does not make the decisions there. 

Robinson is a decent shout, but he'll maybe not fancy the championship. 

Give Stendel a chance with a clean slate after a good weed out of the squad. It still puzzles me how many fans can’t grasp that you can only be as good as the players you work with?

He already started to rid the squad of dissenters and weak minded. It’s not a 5 minute job. He walked in mid season to a confidence sapped, under worked, under motivated, short on quality , set of players. 

If he’d started the season in charge he’d have had the time to have some poor results as he went about implementing his own style. There’d have been more time to recover. 

I’ve no allegiance to anyone. If Stendel failed under calmer circumstances, then he’d have to go. He came into a clusterf^^k of a situation and was expected to get it right instantly. He’s fought for us, it’s not as if he shied away.  Sense of injustice about it. 

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Robinson or Holt for me.

If Robinson wasn't going to come in December he sure as hell isn't going to come now. Doubt Holt would be interested either. Assuming we're going to be in the Championship - and assuming there's even any football played, which is 50/50 I'd say - we'd be as well handing the job to Stephen Naismith. If he's still at the club - though that might be the sweetener that prevents him (and others) walking.

Tokyo Drifter

Though following my previous post, I actually think Stendel and his style of play would have us strolling the Championship.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Why would he leave? He just got the 3rd biggest club in Scotland relegated so his stock isn't exactly sky high to walk into another job...

Think Stendel will stay if he's wanted. The only way he leaves is if we bin him imo.

The question is, if we are expelled who is the best option to take us straight back up again and keep the players focused while off the pitch we sue the SPFL for damages.

The choice is: Stendel  vs  Tommy Wright / Stephen Robinson proven result getter   vs   Robbo / McCann / Hartley / Pressley group of usual suspects that get chucked in as suggestions for the Hearts job. Of whom only Hartley has a promotion on his CV (4 promotions in fact, thereby making him the most qualified man if Promotion is our objective next season other than Stendel who also has promotion on his CV). 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

On 09/05/2020 at 11:09, ford donald said:

Robbo would be our best option,no doubt.

Would rather see Naismith. He's a leader and definitely manager material. He knows the players and he'd get the best out of the squad. 

Mister Dee

We need to circle the wagons and build ourselves back up if we go down -& Stendel leaves. 

Robbo would be perfect to galvanise the Club and knows the Championship well. No brainer for me -but only if Stendel doesn’t continue. 

Leveins Battalion
2 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

If Robinson wasn't going to come in December he sure as hell isn't going to come now. Doubt Holt would be interested either. Assuming we're going to be in the Championship - and assuming there's even any football played, which is 50/50 I'd say - we'd be as well handing the job to Stephen Naismith. If he's still at the club - though that might be the sweetener that prevents him (and others) walking.

Why was he not coming in January?

His agent actively linked him to us,we pursued others.🤷‍♂️Including a stupid interviewing procedure rather than headhunting.

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Robinson or Holt for me.

Agree totally, or both naisys in there gary and Steven,  maybe wee mickey Cameron?      Imo be good set up?

A_A wehatethehibs
40 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stendel didn't get us relegated. We haven't been relegated. 

True, know what you're saying. It's an expulsion. But my point is about his performance and the consequences for his stock as a manager. We're bottom, 4 points adrift, he has not delivered the results no matter which way you look at it, at the 3rd biggest club in the country. He's not going to be top of many shortlists so I can't see why he'd walk away, clearly for him the only way to salvage his career would be to get us promoted in style, then take us forward. 

PapaShango
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why would he leave? He just got the 3rd biggest club in Scotland relegated so his stock isn't exactly sky high to walk into another job...

Think Stendel will stay if he's wanted. The only way he leaves is if we bin him imo.

The question is, if we are expelled who is the best option to take us straight back up again and keep the players focused while off the pitch we sue the SPFL for damages.

The choice is: Stendel  vs  Tommy Wright / Stephen Robinson proven result getter   vs   Robbo / McCann / Hartley / Pressley group of usual suspects that get chucked in as suggestions for the Hearts job. Of whom only Hartley has a promotion on his CV (4 promotions in fact, thereby making him the most qualified man if Promotion is our objective next season other than Stendel who also has promotion on his CV). 

I really don't get the infatuation with Stendel. His record at Hearts is appalling. He had plenty games to turn us around but he struggled with awful tactics in games against teams in the bottom half of the table. We couldn't beat Killie, St Johnstone, Livingston, Motherwell, Hamilton at home under his charge. We also got torn a new one on Boxing Day from an average Hibs and turned in one of the worst performances from a Hearts team in many a year at St Mirren. I don't think he is suited to us and I don't think he would get us promoted. 

PapaShango
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stendel didn't get us relegated. We haven't been relegated. 

He has had a hand in it though. The points dropped against lesser teams especially at home landed us bottom. His record was rank rotten. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Robbo’s been promoted. With ICT he won the league we’ll almost certainly be playing in next season. Most of the teams he’s managed (ICT, Ross Co., Derry City) have punched above their weight and he had notable victories as Hearts manager.

There is nowhere for Stendel to go right now.  Even if there were someone willing to take him on, changing clubs is stupid without a guarantee of the clubs ability to ride out the time with no income.  Who would willingly take a job that might not exist in a month's time?

I want to see him stay.  His record was starting to improve, and he got us big results against big teams that we would usually have rolled over in.  Look at the difference in the 2 derbies - in December, we got beat 2-0 at home and the team looked like they didn't really care.  A few months later, we go to Easter Road and absolutely destroy them, with pretty much the same team.  The difference in attitude and ability to play the way he wanted to was unreal.

I hope he stays if we are in the Championship.  He'll get a solid year to get a core of players doing things the way he wants to do it, against admittedly easier teams.  We can have a season of tactical improvement, and then when we come back up, replacements will be able to slot into an existing well drilled team who already know what they're doing.  Changing 3 or 4 players in a team who are already well rehearsed is a lot different than changing the whole thing who have never done it that way before.

We could have a very good, long term manager if we stick with Stendel.  A manager who cares about the club, and is showing signs that he "gets" Hearts.  I don't want to be one of those teams that changes their manager every single season, going from one mediocre manager to another every single year.  I want a manager who can express his ideas on the canvas, and stick around long enough to really become one of the Hearts family.

51 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I want a manager who can express his ideas on the canvas, and stick around long enough to really become one of the Hearts family.

Only as long as his team is successful, I presume?

I don't even know what having a manager who "gets" Hearts even means. The only thing that matters is that he's capable of producing a winning team on the park. Stendel has given little indication that he can do that with us so far, and we can't afford to take a punt on him at this stage.  

3 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Only as long as his team is successful, I presume?

I don't even know what having a manager who "gets" Hearts even means. The only thing that matters is that he's capable of producing a winning team on the park. Stendel has given little indication that he can do that with us so far, and we can't afford to take a punt on him at this stage.  

To be fair, if he can't be successful in the Championship with a club like Hearts, he shouldn't be anywhere near a dugout ever again.

He's already on board, and the team was beginning to show big improvement.  Next season, will be shite if we are down in that league, but I would expect he would do a good job.  If he's keen to stick around, give him the first round of fixtures (9 games).  If we're not top of the table, the expectation is that he walks.

I don't actually give a feck who the manager is, as long as it is not Levein or MacPhee and as long as they win football matches. 

Personally I'd like Robbo to be incharge because he's a living legend and has done well with Caley. However, I'd hate to see him being given dugs abuse by our lovely supporters if things aren't going well. So it's probably better that he isn't Hearts manager for that reason alone. 

Better it's someone with no Hearts connection. Then we won't feel bad when abusing them. 🤷

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Give Stendel a chance with a clean slate after a good weed out of the squad. It still puzzles me how many fans can’t grasp that you can only be as good as the players you work with?

He already started to rid the squad of dissenters and weak minded. It’s not a 5 minute job. He walked in mid season to a confidence sapped, under worked, under motivated, short on quality , set of players. 

If he’d started the season in charge he’d have had the time to have some poor results as he went about implementing his own style. There’d have been more time to recover. 

I’ve no allegiance to anyone. If Stendel failed under calmer circumstances, then he’d have to go. He came into a clusterf^^k of a situation and was expected to get it right instantly. He’s fought for us, it’s not as if he shied away.  Sense of injustice about it. 

Completely agree with this. He demonstrated what he could do given a summer at Barnsley. He was thrown in a shit-show here with players who have had the mentality destroyed and fighting against teams who know how to handle and are set up to fight relegation. 

I would argue that I would want him to work with Ann Budge to get the football side of the club sorted again. To me that means bringing in a sporting director who works in partnership with Stendel, though is answerable to the board. They will deal with overseeing the academy, recruitment department etc. While Stendel deals with first team and reserves. Unlike with Levein each have separate responsibilities and its clear who they are answerable and who decides if they should be removed. Would quite like another German in to be sporting director as German clubs are run well under that role and there are plenty of experienced people.

22games nro
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

There is nowhere for Stendel to go right now.  Even if there were someone willing to take him on, changing clubs is stupid without a guarantee of the clubs ability to ride out the time with no income.  Who would willingly take a job that might not exist in a month's time?

I want to see him stay.  His record was starting to improve, and he got us big results against big teams that we would usually have rolled over in.  Look at the difference in the 2 derbies - in December, we got beat 2-0 at home and the team looked like they didn't really care.  A few months later, we go to Easter Road and absolutely destroy them, with pretty much the same team.  The difference in attitude and ability to play the way he wanted to was unreal.

I hope he stays if we are in the Championship.  He'll get a solid year to get a core of players doing things the way he wants to do it, against admittedly easier teams.  We can have a season of tactical improvement, and then when we come back up, replacements will be able to slot into an existing well drilled team who already know what they're doing.  Changing 3 or 4 players in a team who are already well rehearsed is a lot different than changing the whole thing who have never done it that way before.

We could have a very good, long term manager if we stick with Stendel.  A manager who cares about the club, and is showing signs that he "gets" Hearts.  I don't want to be one of those teams that changes their manager every single season, going from one mediocre manager to another every single year.  I want a manager who can express his ideas on the canvas, and stick around long enough to really become one of the Hearts family.

this 100%,  great post 

only hearts.jpg

Scottie Wanshot.
On 15/04/2020 at 20:23, Randy Marsh said:

Huge cut backs will be required next season (assuming demotion is rubber stamped).  We can't afford any more expensive experiments.  Bring Robbo home. 

totally agree, bring him home.

Henk De Jong of Cambuur

However despite  Stendel not being my choice I'd like the current manager to be given time as the constant change cannot be a good thing...ironically knowing full well this summer may well see more change than normal

If we go for a UK based manager then Robbo has a shout along with people like Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe or David Artell of Crewe

4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I really don't get the infatuation with Stendel. His record at Hearts is appalling. He had plenty games to turn us around but he struggled with awful tactics in games against teams in the bottom half of the table. We couldn't beat Killie, St Johnstone, Livingston, Motherwell, Hamilton at home under his charge. We also got torn a new one on Boxing Day from an average Hibs and turned in one of the worst performances from a Hearts team in many a year at St Mirren. I don't think he is suited to us and I don't think he would get us promoted. 

There’s no infatuation.  It’s trying to bring a bit calm to the managerial merry go round.  Have you not weighed up all the other factors plenty posters point out?

You could counter your performances and defeats above with the good ones he’s had.  Also, do you think against pretty solid sides like Motherwell and Killie, that it’s a given just to beat them?  Our record has been shocking against these clubs for quite a while now and we should be winning them more often, definitely agree there,  but it’s about doing the ground work first to get back to that. 

It’s not a click of the fingers. You could argue the same problems exist regards playing well versus strong sides , then slipping up versus weaker. That points to players more and more imo.   How can we go out v Hibs and scuttle them with real energy and intent, then turn up in Paisley and be so flat? ......That’s players mate. There was no tactical out manoeuvring in that game. 

He went a bit gung-ho in some matches in which we played quite well for good periods. Particularly St Johnstone away and Killie at home.  I couldn’t believe we were 2-0 down at half time v Killie.  We’d pummelled them from the start with football you’d never see under the previous management. It’s about time and giving him the chance to iron things out knowing it’s all on him with mostly his own players, staff and work behind the scenes.  

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

👍🏻

Hearts1975
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Fantastic Post. Every word is absolutely spot on. 👏👏👏

Charlie-Brown-

I don't know who the manager or head coach will be Stendel, Robbie or anyone else but to give ourselves the best possible chance and time to prepare we should decide early.

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Let's just keep sacking managers...that's the way to stabilise our club.

We all know that Hearts do not "keep sacking mangers"

Both Levein and Cathro long outstayed their welcome but let's just rewrite history.

Heart of Midlothian should of been the most 'stable' club in Scottish Football,but because we did not sack our manager earlier we are the laughing stock.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

with football in a crisis that will hit a lot of clubs financially, having a long term contract can be vital as it could be hard for him to go to another club any time soon.

I hope he stays, but financial remuneration  is not really his number one aim at the minute is it?

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Well said.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Robinson or Holt for me.

Why Holt over Robbo? Robbo did far better for Caley than Holt has done for Livvy and Falkirk. Robbo's record with Caley 2nd time around is also comparable with Holt at Livvy and Falkirk. ON top off that, Robbo knows and loves Hearts and has managed us before, doing a decent job. That makes no sense whatever way you look at it.

Robbo could do the same job JJ did last time around - came in and made us Hearts again after a string of mostly terrible managers.

Edited by ToqueJambo

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, poultry said:

Robertson will be in charge of St Johnston i believe, source my wife. 😎

Im a fat useless *******, source my wife. Who's wife knows most 🤔

500ClubCraig

Budge also confirmed there is a clause in the contract of head coach Daniel Stendel that allows the club to sack him should the team go down, but also gives the German the right to walk away.”

I would think, should we find ourselves in the Championship, that DS will either have to accept a very large pay reduction or we will terminate his contract.

Personally I’ve not been very impressed with him so far, so quite happy if he goes.  

The biggest problem with a new Management Team is probably more to do with who picks them, than the possible list of candidates.

2 hours ago, poultry said:

Robertson will be in charge of St Johnston i believe, source my wife. 😎

56 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Im a fat useless *******, source my wife. Who's wife knows most 🤔

Who needs Google, my wife knows everything...🤨

Decision might be academic if we don’t play any games in the Championship due to complete lockdown.  Players and Staff would be free to go if the club is forced into lockdown through no league being possible. 

Scaremongering? Possibly but not unthinkable. 

Agentjambo
28 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Budge also confirmed there is a clause in the contract of head coach Daniel Stendel that allows the club to sack him should the team go down, but also gives the German the right to walk away.”

I would think, should we find ourselves in the Championship, that DS will either have to accept a very large pay reduction or we will terminate his contract.

Personally I’ve not been very impressed with him so far, so quite happy if he goes.  

The biggest problem with a new Management Team is probably more to do with who picks them, than the possible list of candidates.

Hes already forfeited his wages,I dont think it's all about the money with him.

Scunnered One
On 11/05/2020 at 09:36, PapaShango said:

Not quite right - AB stated that the club had a clause to sever the contract should we be relegated (sorry if already posted - not read the complete string)

Guest ToqueJambo
50 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

This. I like him but he had one job and got backed financially to do it with money for players and his own coaches. He was well on the way to failing pretty badly. OK, he could have turned things around and kept us up, then kicked on in the Premiership, but I'm not convinced he's the man for the Championship, certainly not if we're paying through the nose  for him (which we were) or if he takes a cut and will understandably be a bit peeved at that.

15 minutes ago, hmfc_FOREVER said:

What about John Hughes? Done a decent job at ICT and won them a cup and would get us up. 

Surprise you got away with this for quarter of an hour. That’s an achievement imo. Quit while you’re ahead. 

Alongside the manager needs to be someone who can spot talent and recruit them for the club. We’ve been rubbish at this for years now - way before Levein - and it’s really cost us 

If DS stays he must be made aware that we expect to win every game we play in the Championship  and that if that’s not happening he’s out on his arse. It seems some people are happy simply to give him time because he’s not Craig Levein. Bugger that - it’s exactly the problem we had with Levein, ie he was indulged.

There’s no room for error. We must get back up first time.

David McCaig
10 hours ago, S Form said:

If DS stays he must be made aware that we expect to win every game we play in the Championship  and that if that’s not happening he’s out on his arse. It seems some people are happy simply to give him time because he’s not Craig Levein. Bugger that - it’s exactly the problem we had with Levein, ie he was indulged.

There’s no room for error. We must get back up first time.

There's actually plenty of room for error in the Championship.  Any Manager doing his job properly wins that division by 30 points.

Carl Weathers
18 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I’ve seen nothing from Stendel that fills me with confidence for next season. 

Two wins against Rangers and a very good away win versus Hibs gives me some hope.