Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Hearts1975
12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I was talking in general terms about a new manager and didn't seek to compare CL, or indeed anyone else, with SAF.

As regards the idea of a year to two years, a lot of managers may not see a job as attractive if it's short term especially if they're having to up sticks with their families.  We need to get the best available at the particular time and sometimes that means we may have to dance to their tune.  It would be a travesty if we passed up the opportunity of getting a good manager simply because we were too inflexible about the length of the contract

Fair enough. I didn’t reference SAF, meaning or saying that you were drawing comparisons, but because of the length of contract that AB gave CL. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Problem is Stendel is waiting to hear what league we end up in that does not come across as being in it for the long haul 

Before I start, I'm not privy to the terms of Stendel's contract and can only go with what he has told the media. There are varying opinions on Stendel's managerial qualities. However, the main issue for me is money. If there is a 'relegation' contract break on both sides, I think Hearts will consider using it. The cost saving could be significant, especially if the clause applies to his backroom staff too. We shouldn't need him to get promoted.

Last Laff
47 minutes ago, pointon said:

Problem is Stendel is waiting to hear what league we end up in that does not come across as being in it for the long haul 

He could be punted if hearts get demoted though so he can’t really prepare with confidence. 

Fozzyonthefence
53 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:robboyas:This guy, please!

I don’t think, in the current climate,  that we’d be looking to pay compensation to clubs of managers already under contract. 

ford donald
53 minutes ago, pointon said:

His contract is for the SPL, so it gives both parties a opportunity to change,if Hearts are relegated.

Agentjambo
1 hour ago, pointon said:

Who says hes waiting to see what league we are in before he leaves?

Agentjambo
49 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Before I start, I'm not privy to the terms of Stendel's contract and can only go with what he has told the media. There are varying opinions on Stendel's managerial qualities. However, the main issue for me is money. If there is a 'relegation' contract break on both sides, I think Hearts will consider using it. The cost saving could be significant, especially if the clause applies to his backroom staff too. We shouldn't need him to get promoted.

Hopefully he gets the same time as levein did to get things right and to put his stamp on his team and not leveins left overs.

Last Laff
36 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t think, in the current climate,  that we’d be looking to pay compensation to clubs of managers already under contract. 

Give them one or two players on loan for a season or five. 

Seymour M Hersh

I believe our current manager will be here next season regardless of which league we're in. 

Agentjambo
24 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I believe our current manager will be here next season regardless of which league we're in. 

Good,I like him.He deserves at least a full season.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Give them one or two players on loan for a season or five. 

As if anyone wants any of our players on loan 😜 

grumpyespana

Christ guys what up with some of you the man deserves a chance and the big thing is he is not taking a wage that alone should make you think he will be here next season when ever that starts.

9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Boo! 

He might have a Hearts clause.

Edited by ri Alban

I’d get rid of Stendel and get Robbo in. I liked what Stendel was about with the high press and energy but almost the entire squad needs replaced to play that type of game and I’m not sure I trust him to get it right. 

Paint the town maroon

If we go down I just can’t see DS sticking around or us being happy to fund his (reported) very large salary.

I think he would happily move on and given he didn’t set the heather alight l, I think so would we be.

I would get in a tried and trusted manager with Scottish league experience to get us back up in one season and comfortably. I would still try and get Stevie Robinson or Robbo. We could rejig the whole squad and come back hitting the ground running.

Edited by Paint the town maroon

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, henry said:

I’d get rid of Stendel and get Robbo in. I liked what Stendel was about with the high press and energy but almost the entire squad needs replaced to play that type of game and I’m not sure I trust him to get it right. 

I think he would definitely get it right. 

January is notoriously difficult to recruit in and especially when you have to get players out before you can recruit.

Boyce was someone we’ve wanted for a while. If the other signings, 2 were free transfers on short term deals and the other was a loan signing. Sibbick was clearly a player he had extensive knowledge of, who was suited to his style of football and being honest, he looked the part in the game against Rangers and was clearly someone who brought energy to the middle of the park. How much knowledge he had of the other 2 or they were recommended to him from someone he knew, I don’t know but I do think that with a summer transfer window and the budget with it, he would have got more right than wrong 

If we are excluded and dumped down a Division I reckon we will need a manager who knows what it takes to get us back at the first time of asking. If DS does part company with the club then surely it has to be Robbo.   Naismith would be a perfect fit as player/assistant manager.

Pasquale for King
On 03/05/2020 at 08:07, Lord BJ said:

I don’t get the faith people have in DS. There is little evidence to suggest it’s warranted. 

He may well be a good guy but that does not make him a good manager for us. It feels very jam tomorrow, people support seems to be based on what he’ll do not what’s he done or the fact that’s he’s a good guy. 

I understand there are extenuating circumstances but the guy has been out thought by almost every manager in this division and has us bottom of the league.  

He has been a massive disappointment and underachiever with us.🤷🏻‍♂️

Probably because of the state the squad was in when he arrived, the style he wants to play is how I would like us to play. The domination of Rangers in those two games was even better than when we did it under Neilson then Cathro. I think there’s a difference between getting the better of our defence and outthinking Stendels tactics. Considering how long Levein got and how he was backed to the hilt it’s only reasonable that Stendel gets a chance to form a team and a squad. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably because of the state the squad was in when he arrived, the style he wants to play is how I would like us to play. The domination of Rangers in those two games was even better than when we did it under Neilson then Cathro. I think there’s a difference between getting the better of our defence and outthinking Stendels tactics. Considering how long Levein got and how he was backed to the hilt it’s only reasonable that Stendel gets a chance to form a team and a squad. 

Some may rightly argue she's been too loyal to CL as  a manager and you rightly claim that DS needs time to form a team/squad.

How long do you think is a fair time?

Agentjambo
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Some may rightly argue she's been too loyal to CL as  a manager and you rightly claim that DS needs time to form a team/squad.

How long do you think is a fair time?

3 transfer window at least.

Hans von Luck

Well with DS no doubt never to return and all quiet from Robbo on the St Johnstone front, personally shoe in for next season.

Edited by Hans von Luck

I'd like to get Robbo but tbh I'd like to get Stephen Robinson just to get it right up Motherwell and their obese **** of a director. Remind him and them of what a shitty little tin pot club they are and will always be. Rats.

Howdy Doody Jambo

I feel we still don't know where Stendel is going to take us as he hasn't been in the job long term 

We know for a fact Robbo would give us a huge positive lift and give us an attacking aggressive approach He knows everything and most of the players and staff at the club and all the teams in the championship/premiership He never got a fair go at the job the last time and has some 

uninished business 

It's a no brainer really 

Howdy Doody Jambo
14 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd like to get Robbo but tbh I'd like to get Stephen Robinson just to get it right up Motherwell and their obese **** of a director. Remind him and them of what a shitty little tin pot club they are and will always be. Rats.

Wouldn't want to give Motherwell any compensation fee for Robinson 

Edited by Still Tynie

Just now, Still Tynie said:

Wouldn't want to give Motherwell any compensation fee for Robinson 

Hmm, very true. 

Did Steve Bruce not do the dirty on Wednesday to take the Villa job or something?

Dangle a 5 year deal after a blatant tap up. :) 

Torn between Robbo and Stendel, weirdly my heart says Stendel is the right man to galvanise a team of his own players and fans alike.  My head says Robbo based on his experience in the Championship recently and his obvious connection with the club. 

I fear if we bring in Robbo it will be to appease the fans and nothing will actually change in the background which is where the majority of problems actually lie.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Torn between Robbo and Stendel, weirdly my heart says Stendel is the right man to galvanise a team of his own players and fans alike.  My head says Robbo based on his experience in the Championship recently and his obvious connection with the club. 

I fear if we bring in Robbo it will be to appease the fans and nothing will actually change in the background which is where the majority of problems actually lie.

I wont be disappointed with Robbo as mentioned of the qualities. I also get the appeal with the legend getting a second chance. But what we need is a manager who can build a long term team so that we can hit the ground running when back in the premiership and while I believe he can get us promoted I dont think he is what we need long term.

Paint the town maroon

DS will be leaving I would guess. We will need to cut costs big time and given we have release clause then it’s a no brainer.

For me it’s one of following three:-

- Robinson

- Robbo

- Duffy 

I know the 3rd name won’t be popular but he knows the game inside out and I think he has learnt a huge amount over past 30+ years.

Preference is Stendel to stay. As others have said he can galvanise the fans/club. Clearly happy to work with youth which is a necessary requirement. 

Robbo offers the same but I don't know how far he could take the club. Fear it would be bog standard scottish manager. Regardless though, he'd be an appointment that would bring stability. 

Robinson from Motherwell is mostly just to bam up Motherwell. **** them and their shitty wee club. 

Marty Byrde

Jim Duffy?

:levein2:

Eh, nah.

Our Daniel made a booboo coming here, he had no idea he'd be working with ratbag players and have Levein hiding under the stairs .

28 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

DS will be leaving I would guess. We will need to cut costs big time and given we have release clause then it’s a no brainer.

For me it’s one of following three:-

- Robinson

- Robbo

- Duffy 

I know the 3rd name won’t be popular but he knows the game inside out and I think he has learnt a huge amount over past 30+ years.

🤣🤣🤣 - you'll know who they're reserved for!

busby1985

Just when you don’t think today can get any worse people actual want Robbo as a manager 🙈🙈🙈 someone even mentioned Jim Duffy. 

The Old Tolbooth

I’d love to see Stendel get a chance without having the worst shitty end of the stick that he could possibly have been left with so far, I feel seriously sorry for the guy, however, if he doesn’t want to stay (and who could blame him), then get Robbo back, he stated himself he has unfinished business, and who else should unite the fans as much, I have a good feeling about both of them tbh. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

18Jambo_dave74

I suspect Stendel won’t be here if indeed we are to end up in the Championship - we will need to make savings and I believe that ‘relegation’ allows us to part ways. Whether he’d want to stay is another matter.

Robbo does seem to be the obvious target (although again would we be in a position to pay compensation). I’ll be honest, I don’t believe he is necessarily the long term answer and if we were in the Premiership I don’t think I’d be advocating him however the reasons I think he’d be good for us:

1) Knows the division well and will be able to identify potential signings from the lower leagues.

2) He is doing a good job with Inverness on fairly limited resources.

3) Looks to play attacking football.

4) Likes to give youth a chance (remember him bringing Lee Wallace in for his debut).

5) I believe he would make sure the players know how lucky they are to be playing for Hearts - we might even see a Hearts team with a bit of fight.

6) Finally and perhaps most importantly, when the dust finally settles after all the votes, corruption, boycotting, financial uncertainty etc we are desperately going to need someone to unite behind and to lead us - it remains to be seen whether we’ll have that in the boardroom - but I believe the support would rally behind Robbo. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

Guest ToqueJambo

I'd be very nervous starting the season with Stendel and very optimistic starting with Robbo. Robbo for me. It could also be an opportunity for Steven Naismith to do an Alex Neil or a Doddie.

50 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Jim Duffy?

:levein2:

Eh, nah.

Our Daniel made a booboo coming here, he had no idea he'd be working with ratbag players and have Levein hiding under the stairs .

Absolute mental to suggest Duffy 

We could appoint Locke who's already getting paid by the club and I reckon we'd have better chance of winning games  than appointing Duffy .

Seriously someone is suggesting ex hibs manager Duffy .

No real 

1 hour ago, maroon said:

If Stendel was to go can see Budge getting Robbo in just to get the fans back on side

Robbo might be ok in the short term but I fear he might be found out if we go up to the premiership, I’d hate to see another Hearts legend have his legacy tarnished, it doesn’t matter who you are, if the club aren’t winning every week, then many of the instant gratification generation will soon be shouting for the wee mans head, that would be a tragedy.

Byyy The Light

Stendel has no chance while Budge, Levein, MacPhee, Fox are still at the club undermining the whole thing.

Scottish football is a parochial backwater. Better getting a Stuart McCall in and aiming for mediocrity which is “our place”

gregzy2k7

I'm not against stendel staying on next season, I would be interested to see how he does given a full pre season and time to bring in his own players, That could potentially make a big difference to our form? However if his alleged high wages are an issue? Or he decides not to continue next season because we are ejected from the league then i would like to see Paul Hartley get the gig with Rudi and Naismith as his two assistants. I think the majority of fans would back this. Would be happy with either of those scenarios.

Hans von Luck

Jim Duffy aka “the rat” who was flushed out by Vlad,  please please tell me you you are on some illegal substance with that suggestion. 😂😂

ford donald
9 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Robbo is the best option 

Robbo would be our best option,no doubt.

On 09/05/2020 at 01:52, jbee647 said:

Robbo might be ok in the short term but I fear he might be found out if we go up to the premiership, I’d hate to see another Hearts legend have his legacy tarnished, it doesn’t matter who you are, if the club aren’t winning every week, then many of the instant gratification generation will soon be shouting for the wee mans head, that would be a tragedy.

Agreed. For me Robbos managerial record shouldn’t have him near the Hearts job. But he could bring such a lift to the place and imagine we stormed the league with robbo in charge. Would be perfect 

Leveins Battalion

Love Robbo,however he should be nowhere near the Hearts job.

Robinson or Holt for me.

PapaShango

Get Robbo in, a very competent manager and completely different to when he was here the last time. He would give the place a massive lift as well. Stendel should go now regardless of what league we are in, he has been an absolute disaster.