Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Think the choice she has to make is Stendel or McInnes.  Regardless of which league we are in. Who is going to build the football side of the club over the next few years? My money is on McInnes. I’m sure she will find a benefactor to take care of the additional costs though only salary to cover as I think Aberdeen are looking for a change as well so compensation wont be a huge deal. 

He’s on over £700k a year, will need to be bought out that contract, would need to want to come here for a fraction of that wage, is just a younger Levein. There’s no chance in hell of it happening I’m afraid.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s on over £700k a year, will need to be bought out that contract, would need to want to come here for a fraction of that wage, is just a younger Levein. There’s no chance in hell of it happening I’m afraid.

Wait and see. Think even he realises current salary is out of order and a problem for his club. Would imagine he and Aberdeen will do a deal to part ways fairly soon if there’s interest from another club. Benefactor will pay big chunk of his Tynecastle payslip. Don’t believe there is any chance we would be bottom of league if he was manager. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Wait and see. Think even he realises current salary is out of order and a problem for his club. Would imagine he and Aberdeen will do a deal to part ways fairly soon if there’s interest from another club. Benefactor will pay big chunk of his Tynecastle payslip. Don’t believe there is any chance we would be bottom of league if he was manager. 

Derek McInnes would be shite. Stendel a day long mate.

I've got quite a few Aberdeen mates and they are all "meh" at best re McInnes. Hugely unlikeable character, his transfer record is pretty poor and he basically accepted second is best when they had a chance of having a real go

Hes basically as Scottish football as Scottish football gets

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I've got quite a few Aberdeen mates and they are all "meh" at best re McInnes. Hugely unlikeable character, his transfer record is pretty poor and he basically accepted second is best when they had a chance of having a real go

His record in football management is currently much better than Stendels. Though that’s not saying much I agree. 

31 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Pressley & McCann 

Why not go for Levein as DoF and Stewart as head coach? Similar relationshIp as your suggestion. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Pressley & McCann 

:cornette:

Hate each other. 
Snakey snaked him out of the Falkirk job. 
But you probably knew that. 

jack D and coke
45 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And some of our fans are literally choking for it.

The names being chucked around in here are thoroughly depressing. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And some of our fans are literally choking for it.

The names being chucked around in here are thoroughly depressing. 

If he doesn't return, I want Robbo as the new manager. In control of everything. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hate each other. 

The usual trolling from the bairn.

A_A wehatethehibs

In terms of the football side, the priority is Levein leaving the club and all trace of his work removed. I'm concerned all this mess might be a smokescreen for Ann trying to keep him on some kind of temporary rolling contract. 

Possibly we need another Director of Football to ease burden on Ann with all the shit show she is dealing with. Get someone in to replace Levein. Then that individual can judge the Stendell situation early next season to see how results go.

1 - Publicly announce Levein has handed over his direct responsibilities to someone else - named, I couldn't care less if its the groundsman or Gary Locke - Levein 100% out permanently is key to the future of this football club.

2 - That person can help Ann / Foundation of Hearts to have a look at Stendell and the vision for the first team. 

When the time comes that we do need a new manager, it is essential that Craig Levein is in no way shape or form involved at Hearts. 

jack D and coke
43 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The usual trolling from the bairn.

Trolling the place to the Stone Age and back regular. 

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Trolling the place to the Stone Age and back regular. 

Exactly.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

His record in football management is currently much better than Stendels. Though that’s not saying much I agree. 

Has McInnes ever got a team with a fraction of budget of a number of others in his league to a promotion or title? Didn't realise that.

His record is mediocre. He achieves roughly what his budget would suggest, if actually a little under it.

If course we'd take that just now but don't let 3 years of shite forces on us by Levein blind you into thinking a bigbawed OF apologist is our answer.

It's Dan all day long because he fears no one in our league and has a much better chance of taking us on a ride than any run of the mill Scottish Willie Miller, Kris Boyd approved dirge merchant.

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Has McInnes ever got a team with a fraction of budget of a number of others in his league to a promotion or title? Didn't realise that.

His record is mediocre. He achieves roughly what his budget would suggest, if actually a little under it.

If course we'd take that just now but don't let 3 years of shite forces on us by Levein blind you into thinking a bigbawed OF apologist is our answer.

It's Dan all day long because he fears no one in our league and has a much better chance of taking us on a ride than any run of the mill Scottish Willie Miller, Kris Boyd approved dirge merchant.

:spoton: 

I was disappointed that other posters were quick to dismiss my suggestion of Robbie Neilson as new Manager. It seems bizarre that many fans were unhappy with him when you consider where Hearts were in the SPL when he left. He has now led DUFC to Championship winners and promotion to SPL.

I think Daniel Stendel will(and indeed should) leave. His past record does not inspire confidence for the future.

There is a limited pool of available managers at the moment.

Do we even know when Craig Levein will leave his current post? 

There's going to be a lot of change and for that reason I would let Daniel get on with it. 

We have had brief glimpses of what his teams are capable of when they rise to the occasion. 

I don't think its the manager that's the problem, it's the players. 

A clear out at the end of the season then Daniel can start building HIS team. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There's going to be a lot of change and for that reason I would let Daniel get on with it. 

We have had brief glimpses of what his teams are capable of when they rise to the occasion. 

I don't think its the manager that's the problem, it's the players. 

A clear out at the end of the season then Daniel can start building HIS team. 

Don't care what anyone says, Stendel has no affiliation with this club, yet decided to waive all his wages during this difficult time we face. 

Guys already a legend for me, someone that can put the clubs interests before his own what a guy.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Stendel needs a chance with his own squad.

We won’t have a more likeable manager in a long, long time.

kylelauren01
7 hours ago, MCJamTart said:

I was disappointed that other posters were quick to dismiss my suggestion of Robbie Neilson as new Manager. It seems bizarre that many fans were unhappy with him when you consider where Hearts were in the SPL when he left. He has now led DUFC to Championship winners and promotion to SPL.

I think Daniel Stendel will(and indeed should) leave. His past record does not inspire confidence for the future.

There is a limited pool of available managers at the moment.

Do we even know when Craig Levein will leave his current post? 

I think a lot of the Neilson sentiment goes back to being 2-0 at h/t against Hibs, not crossing the half way line in the second half (not sure how much say CL had in that) and then losing the replay, and where Hibs went on to win the final. That in particular as well as some really abject performances against Hibs and Celtic got people’s backs up. I like Robbie Neilson as a man and he’s a good manager of people, but maybe not enough water under enough bridges for him to come back. That’s if he even wanted to.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, kylelauren01 said:

I think a lot of the Neilson sentiment goes back to being 2-0 at h/t against Hibs, not crossing the half way line in the second half (not sure how much say CL had in that) and then losing the replay, and where Hibs went on to win the final. That in particular as well as some really abject performances against Hibs and Celtic got people’s backs up. I like Robbie Neilson as a man and he’s a good manager of people, but maybe not enough water under enough bridges for him to come back. That’s if he even wanted to.

Did you even watch that game? We had had a half fit team by the end and even then very nearly snatched it at the death with a header cleared off the line.

We were in no shape to take the game to Hibs any more than we did in the second half. Because of the forced subs we had to make due to injuries, we couldn't bring any fresh legs on.

I know that's not convenient for the Neilson out lot, but it's the truth.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did you even watch that game? We had had a half fit team by the end and even then very nearly snatched it at the death with a header cleared off the line.

We were in no shape to take the game to Hibs any more than we did in the second half. Because of the forced subs we had to make due to injuries, we couldn't bring any fresh legs on.

Bartley was clearly instructed to noble Djoum and did it within a few mins of the second half. That was the game changer. Not Neilsons fault. Then Oztuk went off and we were ****ed, I'm fairly sure someone else was knackered but couldn't go off. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Bartley was clearly instructed to noble Djoum and did it within a few mins of the second half. That was the game changer. Not Neilsons fault. Then Oztuk went off and we were ****ed, I'm fairly sure someone else was knackered but couldn't go off. 

Cowie had to go off very early. Walker (who had to come on late for Djoum despite not being fully fit I think), Nicolson and I think Bauben were all walking wounded or running on fumes at the end but as we'd had 3 forced subs we couldn't bring on fresh legs.

That's why Hibs got their jammy equaliser at the death. And everyone with an agenda against Neilson seems to also forget how close we came to a winner right at the end.Other very important context is we lost our best player and main goalscorer on the eve of that game yet still took the game to Hibs very well before we tired and as you say, they nobbled Djoum (who was the most influential player on the park up until then) on purpose early in that second half - very effectively too.

Celtic by the way only beat East Kilbride 2-0 in the other game that day. Cups are like that yet some of our fans seem to think we should hammer everyone in every tie.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Captain Canada

I'd like to see Stendel stay and judge him when he's built his own squad from scratch. 

Whenever football resumes, I think the last thing the club needs is more upheaval. We've had too many managerial changes already since the club was saved. 

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cowie had to go off very early. Walker (who had to come on late for Djoum despite not being fully fit I think), Nicolson and I think Bauben were all walking wounded or running on fumes at the end but as we'd had 3 forced subs we couldn't bring on fresh legs.

That's why Hibs got their jammy equaliser at the death. And everyone with an agenda against Neilson seems to also forget how close we came to a winner right at the end.Other very important context is we lost our best player and main goalscorer on the eve of that game yet still took the game to Hibs very well before we tired and as you say, they nobbled Djoum (who was the most influential player on the park up until then) on purpose early in that second half - very effectively too.

Celtic by the way only beat East Kilbride 2-0 in the other game that day. Cups are like that yet some of our fans seem to think we should hammer everyone in every tie.

It was the turning point for Neilson for many which was unbelievably stupid when you look at the result in context.

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He is a successful manager, as was CL first time around. I wouldn’t want to watch his style if football, it’s not that much more attacking than CL, he’s just better at picking players and motivation. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It was the turning point for Neilson for many which was unbelievably stupid when you look at the result in context.

It was more of a tipping point for me anyway, he had an awful record against Hibs and whilst it’s not the be all and end all it’s important. The money spinner comment and the fact they went in to win the cup will always be held against him by some. 
I think he will return at some point in the future but I can’t see it being in the next few months.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was more of a tipping point for me anyway, he had an awful record against Hibs and whilst it’s not the be all and end all it’s important. The money spinner comment and the fact they went in to win the cup will always be held against him by some. 
I think he will return at some point in the future but I can’t see it being in the next few months.

Apart from absolutely skooshing a league with Hibs in it, condemning them to 3 years down there obviously. I thought that was pretty important personally. Certainly more important than losing a cup tie or the odd league game like all of our managers have - most with way more experience than Neilson had at the time.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bauben went off early, a hamstring injury, he clearly didn’t warm up properly. Cowie came on for him. We played long high balls at Dauda which was crazy and Sow would’ve struggled with that tactic too. To then go and play an unfit Walker ahead of Nicholson at ER cost us the winning goal. Sam was playing well at that point but had grabbed his groin after scoring in the first game and was dropped for it,which was crazy really. As I said up there 👆 there was a few reasons I thought his time was up and he left on a high. I think he will be back at some point as a more experienced and better manager.

John mcCartney
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't care what anyone says, Stendel has no affiliation with this club, yet decided to waive all his wages during this difficult time we face. 

Guys already a legend for me, someone that can put the clubs interests before his own what a guy.

nuff

kylelauren01
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Regardless of injuries we sat back from the start of the half, as we often did when we went ahead with RN/CL. I’m a fan of Neilson as a man and was commenting on why I think it would be difficult for him to come back.

You avoided the other abject Hibs/Celtic performances I referred to which added to the weight of opinion going against him for a sizeable % of fans but maybe that doesn’t suit your argument.

I wasn’t in the ‘Neilson out’ camp and was as disappointed to see him going as I was to see any Hearts manager leaving the club.

Pasquale for King
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Apart from absolutely skooshing a league with Hibs in it, condemning them to 3 years down there obviously. I thought that was pretty important personally. Certainly more important than losing a cup tie or the odd league game like all of our managers have - most with way more experience than Neilson had at the time.

It was but 1 win against them in 6 games is probably as bad a record as he had against any team we played in his time, whether right or wrong these things matter I’m afraid especially for us. I’m not sure if he single handedly condemned them to staying down there for all three years, unless wining the cup helped take their eyes of the playoffs.
He left at the right time. Hopefully when he returns it will be the right time too.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bauben went off early, a hamstring injury, he clearly didn’t warm up properly. Cowie came on for him. We played long high balls at Dauda which was crazy and Sow would’ve struggled with that tactic too. To then go and play an unfit Walker ahead of Nicholson at ER cost us the winning goal. Sam was playing well at that point but had grabbed his groin after scoring in the first game and was dropped for it,which was crazy really. As I said up there 👆 there was a few reasons I thought his time was up and he left on a high. I think he will be back at some point as a more experienced and better manager.

Wrong way round. Did you even see the game? And Bauben got injured during the game, as did Nicolson, as did Djoum - on top of Cowie and Ozturk having to go off injured before an hour was up. Bauben missed the next game at least. As you say Walker wasn't fit, yet had to come on because Djoum had to eventually come off in that 2-2 game.

Sure we COULD have cotinued attacking with a team of walking wounded. Wouldn't have been very smart though. We were very unlucky and Hibs got lucky.

10 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

nuff

That post has me somewhat confused, John?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, kylelauren01 said:

Regardless of injuries we sat back from the start of the half, as we often did when we went ahead with RN/CL. I’m a fan of Neilson as a man and was commenting on why I think it would be difficult for him to come back.

You avoided the other abject Hibs/Celtic performances I referred to which added to the weight of opinion going against him for a sizeable % of fans but maybe that doesn’t suit your argument.

I wasn’t in the ‘Neilson out’ camp and was as disappointed to see him going as I was to see any Hearts manager leaving the club.

We didn't. Hibs came out and targeted Djoum to kick him out of the game. He was our playmaker. No team dominates for 90 mins especially in a derby. Djoum got crocked early in the 2nd, and Ozturk had to go off soon after.

As for the Neilson negative thing, it's nonsense. Levein maybe although not as much as some claim. Just a couple of games before we hammered Motherwell 6-0. Neilson is one of the highest scoring managers we've had. Nevermind the Cham,pionship when we scored way more tan we needed to to win the league and way more than other teams have done while winning that league, that season in the Premiership we were one of the highest scorers. What happened with Neilson was we ended up losing our best striker and struggling to replace him. When he finally got Bjorn Jonson firing and found a way to use him with Muirhead and Sammon and Walker, we started scoring again before Neilson left.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was but 1 win against them in 6 games is probably as bad a record as he had against any team we played in his time, whether right or wrong these things matter I’m afraid especially for us. I’m not sure if he single handedly condemned them to staying down there for all three years, unless wining the cup helped take their eyes of the playoffs.
He left at the right time. Hopefully when he returns it will be the right time too.

Barking mad, especially considering what's happened since. Many of us said be careful what you wish for when folk were calling for his head. We  were easily on our way to another 3rd minimum, which almost never happens twice in a row. When he left we were on a 5 or more game unbeaten run and scoring freely, ending up in 2nd after humping Rangers in a fantastic game. Bizarre to say that was the right time to leave. He'd found a good combination in attack and just had to tighten up the defence again, as it had started leaking a little after being very solid for his whole time in charge until then. All he had to do was strengthen a couple of areas in January and we were looking at a very good 2nd half of the season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

12 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Hate each other. 

I actually think it stems from a business  partnership they entered into during Neil's 2nd stint with us. 

Something to do with properly rings a bell. I did have dealings with both during my employment at the time. 

John mcCartney
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That post has me somewhat confused, John?  🤷🏿‍♂️

nuff said M,I believe it stems from hip hop parlance
meaning `word`
meaning `spot on ` really

Incidently,I cant find that Martin Luther King emoji thing,whys that then ?

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Barking mad, especially considering what's happened since. Many of us said be careful what you wish for when folk were calling for his head. We  were easily on our way to another 3rd minimum, which almost never happens twice in a row. When he left we were on a 5 or more game unbeaten run and scoring freely, ending up in 2nd after humping Rangers in a fantastic game. Bizarre to say that was the right time to leave. He'd found a good combination in attack and just had to tighten up the defence again, as it had started leaking a little after being very solid for his whole time in charge until then. All he had to do was strengthen a couple of areas in January and we were looking at a very good 2nd half of the season.

It was the right time for him to leave, his words, I agreed but I was probably wrong and it certainly wasn’t for the club considering what Levein thought we should go for next.We were only 2nd because we had played more games than Aberdeen but as you said a few changes, fixing two mistakes by getting rid of Tony Watt and binning Sammon, and replacing them. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

kylelauren01
1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Why a thread on a new manager. We have a manager

Cos people are really bored on lockdown and are pulling all sorts out for discussion!!

I was gonna see them Robbo and throw in John McGlynn as assistant to really get things going!! 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Why a thread on a new manager. We have a manager

That’s the pant wetters for you.

16 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

nuff said M,I believe it stems from hip hop parlance
meaning `word`
meaning `spot on ` really

Incidently,I cant find that Martin Luther King emoji thing,whys that then ?

Thanks, John.  Didn’t know that.

15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s the pant wetters for you.

Scottie Wanshot.
On 16/04/2020 at 15:03, Lord BJ said:

DS wasn’t turning us around prior to the stoppage imo. We had produced a good result against the huns and the hobos. Then almost immediately reverted to type of poor to mediocre performances Motherwell, St. Mirren. 

We seen this pattern before, even under CL we produced the odd good result. 

A huge part of the reason we are potentially being demoted/relegated is he failed to turn the team around. There isn’t much evidence to suggest we’re a good fit to date. 

He via his agent has pretty much admit he’s not staying in the event of relegation and part of the reason for that is results would say he’s failed. 

I wouldn’t let AB near the next appointment but it will be hers and I suspect she appoints Robbo. 

we have to start looking for a new manager soon as Sten just wants to go,  he's not been good at all for our team, hopefully the next one will be a lot better.

5 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

we have to start looking for a new manager soon as Sten just wants to go,  he's not been good at all for our team, hopefully the next one will be a lot better.

How do you know he ‘just wants to go’?