Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Do you think he will stay Bongo?

Daniel's intentions are to stay, obviously he is keeping his options open. 

Daniel is very keen for us to stay in the premiership, as we are far more attractive to players he wants to bring to the club. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Stephen Robinson.

Its there right in front of us.

No way he would take the Hearts job if we’re in the championship and Motherwell are in Europe.

Robbo and Hartley for me with JJ above them as Managing Director

Agentjambo
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Daniel is very keen for us to stay in the premiership, as we are far more attractive to players he wants to bring to the club. 

What's the chances of him staying if we are in championship?

jambocall51

Sorry but why is everyone seemingly wanting robbo? He’s not achieved very much in football management. He manages an average side which Craig Levein spanked 8-0 on aggregate in both cups last year. I believe stendel if he stays will guide us on the right path. I’m sick of club legends taking over. They end up having their legacies ruined through being utterly shite at some point at hearts. We need to take a new direction as a club and start trying to be successful on the pitch. 

Agentjambo
Just now, jambocall51 said:

Sorry but why is everyone seemingly wanting robbo? He’s not achieved very much in football management. He manages an average side which Craig Levein spanked 8-0 on aggregate in both cups last year. I believe stendel if he stays will guide us on the right path. I’m sick of club legends taking over. They end up having their legacies ruined through being utterly shite at some point at hearts. We need to take a new direction as a club and start trying to be successful on the pitch. 

Couldn't agree more...time to move forwards,not back the way.

2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

He’s not under contract if we’re in the Championship. He can go or we can part ways with him

Thanks I didnt realise that.

May be a bit left field but we have Gary Naysmith and Gary Locke at the club. Why not just move them up to the top positions. 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

To be fair to him, I do think he handles himself well in the championship. But it is not a long term posting, we need to rebuild after the damage done over the last few years, we need to build foundations that mean when we are back in the Premiership we can kick on. To me its people love the club legend who comes back and leads us to glory so the narrative of Robbo doing appeals, but I agree with others that I dont want to see Robbo ruin his reputation like has happened with Levein.

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

May be a bit left field but we have Gary Naysmith and Gary Locke at the club. Why not just move them up to the top positions. 

Because that’s just a stupid idea. Left field? Your suggestion is not even the same sport, never mind ball park.

15 minutes ago, smiler said:

Because that’s just a stupid idea. Left field? Your suggestion is not even the same sport, never mind ball park.

What?

Both Naysmith and Locke have managed at the championship level.

They are already at the club they know the club.I think your overreaction is a bit stupid.

ps there is a global pandemic going on we maybe have to cut cost. 

mellors1874

have to say I'd rather have stendal than any of the people mentioned in the other comments.

Robbo, McCann, Hartley, Pressley, Naysmith and Locke have won no major trophies as managers so why is that the standard were looking at all the time.

jambocall51
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair to him, I do think he handles himself well in the championship. But it is not a long term posting, we need to rebuild after the damage done over the last few years, we need to build foundations that mean when we are back in the Premiership we can kick on. To me its people love the club legend who comes back and leads us to glory so the narrative of Robbo doing appeals, but I agree with others that I dont want to see Robbo ruin his reputation like has happened with Levein.

Don’t get me wrong he does handle himself well. However we need to have someone that builds the club that is safe for the future whilst having success flow through the club. 

jamboinglasgow
31 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

Don’t get me wrong he does handle himself well. However we need to have someone that builds the club that is safe for the future whilst having success flow through the club. 

I am in agreement with you

9 hours ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

Stendel was a catastrophic appointment. Absolutely no pedigree to be taking the reigns at Hearts. His communication, tactics and general understanding of the league have all been woeful. 

Steven Presley for me as the next manager. 

I was agreeing with everything until you mentioned Pressley.

Swaying on this one one if he is committed to us regardless of our situation he deserves a crack at it but not my first choice if we end up in the championship 

Kennedy Bakircioglu
Just now, MTS1874 said:

I was agreeing with everything until you mentioned Pressley.

Fair enough, getting a fair bit of criticism regarding Pressley, and I understand why. I think he'd be a good appointment but I agree there would be more attractive options out there.

Anyone (journalistic licence) would be better than Stendel however. Just ask the players. They are mystified by him, his methods and generally just think he's a weird guy.

I was keen on his appointment when it happened but the more you find out, the more you feel it's not going to work. 

Stendel can leave ,it's up to him , but I think we have a senior professional in Steve Naysmith ,who is strong headed and with a good backup assistant ,maybe Naysmith and Naysmith , get them both in .

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, Kennedy Bakircioglu said:

Fair enough, getting a fair bit of criticism regarding Pressley, and I understand why. I think he'd be a good appointment but I agree there would be more attractive options out there.

Anyone (journalistic licence) would be better than Stendel however. Just ask the players. They are mystified by him, his methods and generally just think he's a weird guy.

I was keen on his appointment when it happened but the more you find out, the more you feel it's not going to work. 

Where are you hearing the bit about the players being "mystified" from? Theres no denying some didn't like having to work harder, almost like profesional football players, but tough shit, they get paid enough. 

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This is great news. I'm a dreamer and imo we have the best chance of something special with Dan than any of the other usual suspects.

I know it's hard to think like that when Tommy Wright type mediocre solidity feels like a reach.

But with our resources, our fans, our stadium, the right manager "getting it" and being his own man and fearing nothing could achieve so much with us. Daniel Stendel feels like that guy.

Don't underestimate the mess he took over. Did he make mistakes? Yeah, but he was pushing custard up a hill, while pishing into the wind and getting seemingly zero help from within or without (meaning our football dept incl coaches, "scouts" and certain players, as well as a partisan, xenophobic media)

5 hours ago, jambocall51 said:

Well said 👏👏 Daniel for me all day long the football at times was superb 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don’t see Stendel coming back. Making some of the right noises but ultimately I doubt it. Really not sure who I’d go for next. Robbo is a bit ‘meh’ but might be good for the Championship. Kind of makes you remember how depressing it is down there.

jambocall51

****ing hell 🤷‍♂️. Why do people want former club legends as the manager. Lots of names that are coming out of the hat are mediocre at best. Give stendel a go he had two months since the January window. Had injuries to Toby sibbick and other players that made it hard to win games. I’d keep the man and give him a chance.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

****ing hell 🤷‍♂️. Why do people want former club legends as the manager. Lots of names that are coming out of the hat are mediocre at best. Give stendel a go he had two months since the January window. Had injuries to Toby sibbick and other players that made it hard to win games. I’d keep the man and give him a chance.

Maybe because clubs around the world have success with former players as their managers. And of course we have as well - many if not most of our best times have been under former players going back to Tommy Walker.

Former players bring a certain something extra - whether it's a deep knowledge of the club and the expectations of fans, a love of the club that motivates them to give that little bit extra, or whatever. Celtic could have a top manager but they gave the job to Lennon. Same with Chelsea and Lampard, Gullit and Viali; Barcelona and Guardiola; Liverpool and Dalglish and Souness; Bournemouth and Howe; Arsenal and Arteta; Zidane and Real; and so on. Loads of clubs turn to former players for very good reasons. Many of them are first time managers too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe because clubs around the world have success with former players as their managers. And of course we have as well - many if not most of our best times have been under former players going back to Tommy Walker.

Former players bring a certain something extra - whether it's a deep knowledge of the club and the expectations of fans, a love of the club that motivates them to give that little bit extra, or whatever. Celtic could have a top manager but they gave the job to Lennon. Same with Chelsea and Lampard, Gullit and Viali; Barcelona and Guardiola; Liverpool and Dalglish and Souness; Bournemouth and Howe; Arsenal and Arteta; and so on. Loads of clubs turn to former players for very good reasons. Many of them are first time managers too.

Also, while not dazzling, Robbo has done decently as a manager. He's been pretty unlucky a couple of times timing wise.

Well regarded as a coach from what I've heard

jambocall51
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Former players bring a certain something extra - whether it's a deep knowledge of the club and the expectations of fans, a love of the club that motivates them to give that little bit extra, or whatever. Celtic could have a top manager but they gave the job to Lennon. Same with Chelsea and Lampard, Gullit and Viali; Barcelona and Guardiola; Liverpool and Dalglish and Souness; Bournemouth and Howe; Arsenal and Arteta; Zidane and Real; and so on. Loads of clubs turn to former players for very good reasons. Many of them are first time managers too.

That’s very true however we’ve been going down that route several times in the 20 years. In that time maybe one or two of them actually worked out well for us. I like robbo however I feel we could do so much better in terms of managers. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

That’s very true however we’ve been going down that route several times in the 20 years. In that time maybe one or two of them actually worked out well for us. I like robbo however I feel we could do so much better in terms of managers. 

Levein (1st time), Neilson and JJ (2nd time) all did very well in the last 20 years. I'm sure every Hearts fan breathed a sigh of relief when Romanov appointed JJ - finally we had someone who knew the score in charge of the team again. We should have appointed him much sooner. And why just the last 20 years - are the successes of JJ and Doddie too inconvenient?

Aside from them, Robbo actually did quite well in his brief spell after Levein left. And it's debatable another manager we could afford would have done as well with what he had to work with as Locke did in the relegation season, especially the derbies. Frail was just a stand-in - cannon fodder really.

It's madness to discount someone because he played for us when there are so many examples of managers at many clubs doing some of their best work at their former clubs.

Edited by ToqueJambo

jambocall51
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein (1st time), Neilson and JJ (2nd time) all did very well in the last 20 years. I'm sure every Hearts fan breathed a sigh of relief when Romanov appointed JJ - finally we had someone who knew the score in charge of the team again. We should have appointed him much sooner. And why just the last 20 years - are the successes of JJ and Doddie too inconvenient?

Aside from them, Robbo actually did quite well in his brief spell after Levein left. And it's debatable another manager we could afford would have done as well with what he had to work with as Locke did in the relegation season, especially the derbies. Frail was just a stand-in - cannon fodder really.

It's madness to discount someone because he played for us when there are so many examples of managers at many clubs doing some of their best work at their former clubs.

I forgot about jj he done well in the job aswell. However I’m not discounting robbo I’d rather take a different route in the way we appoint managers now a days. Specially after the last manager. I’d like to give stendel a chance and want him to do well as I feel he’d shape Scottish football for the better. 

If Stendel does leave I find a management team of Robbo, Locke and Rudi awkwardly exciting and would certainly bring back the siege mentality back for the championship season and I’ve no doubt would have the players playing for the badge again. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

If Stendel does leave I find a management team of Robbo, Locke and Rudi awkwardly exciting and would certainly bring back the siege mentality back for the championship season and I’ve no doubt would have the players playing for the badge again. 👍🏻

Aye sounds fantastic, let’s destroy the legacy of 3 Hearts legends in one foul swoop, one of the only guarantees in football is that the manager will get the sack some day, Robbo is not taking us to the promised land.

Hearts1975

We have had 5 years of the same thing regardless of who the managers were.

This was 5 years of the Craig Levein show regardless of who the manager was 

if we can sort Stendel out and keep him (and his backroom team). could we consider giving the guy more games and under his own terms, with his own team and proof that he is operating under his own influence ?

I mean 5 years in, considering the situation we were in, we still had folk wanting the same thing in place.

Now, 17 games in we have folk wanting change already and especially with what was inherited. The club was on its knees staring at the drop. Mental.

Yes, Stendel hasn’t set the heather alight - yet.

FFS take into account the circumstances at the club and which he inherited, when he came in. Maybe, just maybe, this has had a real impact in terms of changing a team mentality from one opposite extreme to another and in the amount of time that some folk are passing judgement within 

Taking a bunch of players from a defensive turgid lump first think later way of playing to an expansive system where although risks are more prevailing it is a system designed to attack. This is no overnight fix and for any manager. mistakes will be common place and we have seen that with Stendel. No surprise though, mistakes will have to happen and players will have to learn. As they learn they get better 

Folk calling for Robbo - The wee man’s one of the greatest players to ever grace the tynecastle turf, but 17 games in, and it doesn’t happen for him does that mean we get rid of him ?

I certainly wouldn’t be adverse to Robbo getting a shot at it at some point but I wouldn’t want him coming near it at the moment with the current levels of patience shown by some 

We need to (collectively) re set expectations. I have no issue with Stendel being judged and any other new manager for that matter coming in but we need at least 6-12 months of time given to them before we start deciding that they aren’t fit for purpose 

Hopefully AB can sort this and if/when we get back playing DS can take us forward and we can judge how well he has done and certainly a bit further down the line than now

15 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

have to say I'd rather have stendal than any of the people mentioned in the other comments.

Robbo, McCann, Hartley, Pressley, Naysmith and Locke have won no major trophies as managers so why is that the standard were looking at all the time.

Irish league cup?

Hearts1975
11 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Well said 👏👏 Daniel for me all day long the football at times was superb 

It was. Putting the obvious results aside (the Vermin and Orcs results) we absolutely pasted, and I mean pasted the sheep on boxing day 

I can't remember the last time that we dominated the sheep like that. How we never scored that day, Ill never know 

If Stendel's system clicks on the pitch then the football on offer is brilliant to watch. No question. 

If we had went to St Liedown rather than just turn up we should have absolutely hammered them. But we were gash and didn't turn up at all that day. 

Its just that he hasn't been consistent enough in the time he has had with us (for some) and there has still been poor performances in other games. Fully accept this. 

I prefer to put that consistency down to the players, and the mistakes that they have made, rather than the system to which Stendel has implemented. 

I also would question, in that when Stendel came on board, that there is a big element of danger having to implement widespread changes at that particular point, rather than a phased in approach. I don't think that you can judge any new manager mid-season and fully, unless he as had a full pre-season, and for this very same point. 

28 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

We have had 5 years of the same thing regardless of who the managers were.

This was 5 years of the Craig Levein show regardless of who the manager was 

if we can sort Stendel out and keep him (and his backroom team). could we consider giving the guy more games and under his own terms, with his own team and proof that he is operating under his own influence ?

I mean 5 years in, considering the situation we were in, we still had folk wanting the same thing in place.

Now, 17 games in we have folk wanting change already and especially with what was inherited. The club was on its knees staring at the drop. Mental.

Yes, Stendel hasn’t set the heather alight - yet.

FFS take into account the circumstances at the club and which he inherited, when he came in. Maybe, just maybe, this has had a real impact in terms of changing a team mentality from one opposite extreme to another and in the amount of time that some folk are passing judgement within 

Taking a bunch of players from a defensive turgid lump first think later way of playing to an expansive system where although risks are more prevailing it is a system designed to attack. This is no overnight fix and for any manager. mistakes will be common place and we have seen that with Stendel. No surprise though, mistakes will have to happen and players will have to learn. As they learn they get better 

Folk calling for Robbo - The wee man’s one of the greatest players to ever grace the tynecastle turf, but 17 games in, and it doesn’t happen for him does that mean we get rid of him ?

I certainly wouldn’t be adverse to Robbo getting a shot at it at some point but I wouldn’t want him coming near it at the moment with the current levels of patience shown by some 

We need to (collectively) re set expectations. I have no issue with Stendel being judged and any other new manager for that matter coming in but we need at least 6-12 months of time given to them before we start deciding that they aren’t fit for purpose 

Hopefully AB can sort this and if/when we get back playing DS can take us forward and we can judge how well he has done and certainly a bit further down the line than now

Very good post, this is where I’m at, a train that has been careering out of control for some time is not going to stop instantly and change direction, no, it stops, then it has to be put on the right track and slowly gain momentum.

Hearts1975
6 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Very good post, this is where I’m at, a train that has been careering out of control for some time is not going to stop instantly and change direction, no, it stops, then it has to be put on the right track and slowly gain momentum.

Perfect analogy and pretty much summed up my waffle of a post in 2 sentences

:thumbsup:

Vlad Magic
5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It was. Putting the obvious results aside (the Vermin and Orcs results) we absolutely pasted, and I mean pasted the sheep on boxing day 

I can't remember the last time that we dominated the sheep like that. How we never scored that day, Ill never know 

If Stendel's system clicks on the pitch then the football on offer is brilliant to watch. No question. 

If we had went to St Liedown rather than just turn up we should have absolutely hammered them. But we were gash and didn't turn up at all that day. 

Its just that he hasn't been consistent enough in the time he has had with us (for some) and there has still been poor performances in other games. Fully accept this. 

I prefer to put that consistency down to the players, and the mistakes that they have made, rather than the system to which Stendel has implemented. 

I also would question, in that when Stendel came on board, that there is a big element of danger having to implement widespread changes at that particular point, rather than a phased in approach. I don't think that you can judge any new manager mid-season and fully, unless he as had a full pre-season, and for this very same point. 

Good post.

There were some brilliant attacking displays from us and some truly awful ones. No need to name them as we all know them.

For me trying to understand why these happened and what can be done is what matters.

The football under CL has been talked about and categorically chastised for being laborious, defence based, slow, pedestrian and boring. 

Stendel ripped that apart. 

Some of the players adapted quicker than others. That’s completely natural. Some will take longer to adjust to a complete change in tactics than others. Some simply won’t be able to. 

I am prepared to cut those who are trying to play Stendels way some slack. They won’t get it right every time early on after playing the Levin way for so long. However the consistency to play the Stendel way will develop. Remember he had no preseason to install his vision. It had to be done mid season. No mean feat I might add!!!

Ive seen enough of what his vision is along with a full preseason to encourage me that Stendel will get a group of players of his choice to get Tynie rocking and take points off any team both home and away.

I do not think any of the other managers names being bounded about and I include Robbo in that, are capable of doing that.

I would rather trim the squad numbers right back and use the money to give Stendel a contract attractive enough to keep him here. 

Vlad Magic

Just wanted to add.

I have a few Barnsley supporting mates.

Every single one of them bar none can not speak highly enough of Stendel. To a man they regard him as the best manager they have had and were bitterly disappointed when he left the club.

That will do for me.

23 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Perfect analogy and pretty much summed up my waffle of a post in 2 sentences

:thumbsup:

Not waffle at all H, inspiration 👍

Just watched the 1-3 fester road highlights. It was bouncing and there’s no getting away the stendel song is simply amazing. If there is one reason to keep him - it’s that 

19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

why do we need a manager who knows Scottish football? All types of nationalities get success at all levels in all countries without having any prior knowledge of that particular league. What is so unique about the Scottish Championship that makes folk want someone with that type of prior experience?

Coz that's where we operate. Very little of what Stendel brought to the club prior to the shutdown gave me any faith that he will get the right players in should he get another opportunity. 

35 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Needs his own team, all depends on which league

Given the current climate he won’t have his own team. He will have what he has got plus a few bargain hires from lower leagues in England plus unwanted players up here. Not sure he has a a good enough knowledge of what’s out there. Think his original plan  of bringing in some Barnsley guys plus a few Germans has gone with the virus. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

This is where I'm at.

You also need to look at how we've generally started matches. I mean literally the first 5 or 6 minutes. For me, that can show a managers message.

Even in games that have gone tits up, we've started well. Hamilton and Killie spring to mind. We started on front foot then lost silly goals which deflated us. St J we totally hammered them for 45 mins. Like dominated them.

The players have made individual errors, we've not had much break of the ball, and we've not reacted well to adversity. It has also felt a bit like every error has led to a goal. Like every time a team gets a chance they score (cheers Joel!).

Other than playing Joel, I don't put much of this at Dan's door

43 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Coz that's where we operate. Very little of what Stendel brought to the club prior to the shutdown gave me any faith that he will get the right players in should he get another opportunity. 

Stendel made mistakes. Scottish managers make mistakes as well, Levein is a recent example. I just don’t buy, in the slightest, that the league is so special we need someone knowledgable in Scottish football to succeed. In fact I think it’s ridiculous. 

Hearts1975
14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This is where I'm at.

You also need to look at how we've generally started matches. I mean literally the first 5 or 6 minutes. For me, that can show a managers message.

Even in games that have gone tits up, we've started well. Hamilton and Killie spring to mind. We started on front foot then lost silly goals which deflated us. St J we totally hammered them for 45 mins. Like dominated them.

The players have made individual errors, we've not had much break of the ball, and we've not reacted well to adversity. It has also felt a bit like every error has led to a goal. Like every time a team gets a chance they score (cheers Joel!).

Other than playing Joel, I don't put much of this at Dan's door

Too true re Joel and it was a mistake. It’s been done to death in terms of reasons why he was selected, but Joel cost us in several games and lost us points.

no getting away from it, Your 100% right.

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Good post.

There were some brilliant attacking displays from us and some truly awful ones. No need to name them as we all know them.

For me trying to understand why these happened and what can be done is what matters.

The football under CL has been talked about and categorically chastised for being laborious, defence based, slow, pedestrian and boring. 

Stendel ripped that apart. 

Some of the players adapted quicker than others. That’s completely natural. Some will take longer to adjust to a complete change in tactics than others. Some simply won’t be able to. 

I am prepared to cut those who are trying to play Stendels way some slack. They won’t get it right every time early on after playing the Levin way for so long. However the consistency to play the Stendel way will develop. Remember he had no preseason to install his vision. It had to be done mid season. No mean feat I might add!!!

Ive seen enough of what his vision is along with a full preseason to encourage me that Stendel will get a group of players of his choice to get Tynie rocking and take points off any team both home and away.

I do not think any of the other managers names being bounded about and I include Robbo in that, are capable of doing that.

I would rather trim the squad numbers right back and use the money to give Stendel a contract attractive enough to keep him here. 

Your reading of the whole situation is absolutely bang on the money in my own opinion. Without foresight no one really knows if DS will be a success. It’s all opinion based and even although I am for, I can see why some might be against.

That said, For anyone who is still on the fence re DS would suggest that they read your post from start to finish. Makes a lot of sense 👍

Hearts1975
58 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

You have to consider that the January window is the worst window for player availability. Coupled with that we were already way over our player budget when he came in.

given consideration to the above, we got Boyce and Sibbick. We keep Boyce, get Sibbick on another loan, full Pre season and settling in time they could potentially be 2 of our best players. That’s a fact.

Langer and The kosovan boy - you could argue other wise. But budget constraints and all that. He had to make big decisions on who to ship out before even signing anyone IE Whelan and Berra. I think it was a very difficult transfer window for him and in respect of the choices of player that he could pick from 

I really don’t think Stendel has done any worse with bringing in players that any of his recent predecessors has, and given the amount of players we have turned over in recent years. 

Vlad Magic
30 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Your reading of the whole situation is absolutely bang on the money in my own opinion. Without foresight no one really knows if DS will be a success. It’s all opinion based and even although I am for, I can see why some might be against.

That said, For anyone who is still on the fence re DS would suggest that they read your post from start to finish. Makes a lot of sense 👍

Appreciate your post.

What the club really needs right now is stability. 

If you speak with any successful business person they will, all most without exception, tell you that they have had bad times. They will also tell you that when times are bad the best way out is to steady the ship. In other words take measures and make decisions to bring stability back and then develop from there.

We are where we are for a lot of reasons all discussed ad infinite. We don’t know what division we will be in and we don’t know how much money we will have to spend to get the best results in that division.

What we need is a plan and a management team in place now who can plan and strategise for all of the variables.

The vast majority of players have signalled they are enjoying working with Stendel and  in the short time he has worked with them there have been some incredible turn arounds in some of them. Sean Clare being the most obvious example but there are quite a few others.

Even the players who haven’t quite improved technically as much as Sean are showing far greater desire and willing. 

The foundations of our future start with the decisions made now. I hope Ann backs Stendel (I think she will) and I think Stendel will respond. I hope the players continue to back Stendel (again I think they will).

We may of course have to completely rip it up again if Stendel says no. That is not stability. 

I remember all the recent management comings and going on here from Cathro to Stendel. Carnage on the forum.

I don’t want a repeat of that. 

Does anyone?

Hearts1975
6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Appreciate your post.

What the club really needs right now is stability. 

If you speak with any successful business person they will, all most without exception, tell you that they have had bad times. They will also tell you that when times are bad the best way out is to steady the ship. In other words take measures and make decisions to bring stability back and then develop from there.

We are where we are for a lot of reasons all discussed ad infinite. We don’t know what division we will be in and we don’t know how much money we will have to spend to get the best results in that division.

What we need is a plan and a management team in place now who can plan and strategise for all of the variables.

The vast majority of players have signalled they are enjoying working with Stendel and  in the short time he has worked with them there have been some incredible turn arounds in some of them. Sean Clare being the most obvious example but there are quite a few others.

Even the players who haven’t quite improved technically as much as Sean are showing far greater desire and willing. 

The foundations of our future start with the decisions made now. I hope Ann backs Stendel (I think she will) and I think Stendel will respond. I hope the players continue to back Stendel (again I think they will).

We may of course have to completely rip it up again if Stendel says no. That is not stability. 

I remember all the recent management comings and going on here from Cathro to Stendel. Carnage on the forum.

I don’t want a repeat of that. 

Does anyone?

100%. 5 years ago patience and the understanding around the fact that we would need to build the club up piece by piece was there. In respect of the full support.

Now, because of the last 5 years that patience is thin on the ground. I think this is more to do with some posters hitting the panic button now and refusing to acknowledge the fact that we need to start again and this means another project with potential 

To a degree I kind of get that although it can’t mean that any further changes that we make can’t be afforded the significant time and patience just because of what has been and gone before. 

It Is probably also a vindication in terms of folks overall faith in AB (picking managers). That said, she admitted she got it wrong with CL. It doesn’t mean that she won’t get it right and hasn’t already got it right, and in respect of Stendel. 

the positives are good, very good

the negatives, well, as has been discussed, if you look at it on face, there are negatives, But if you look behind the negatives, there are justifiable reasons for a lot of the same negatives 

I would love to see the guy get more time, have everyone behind him, and see what he really can do with the club moving forward. We talk about having a siege mentality. I still think he can and will create this for us if he is given the right amount of time.

If he leaves us now it will always be one of these unknowns and that doesn’t sit well at all especially with the brand of attacking football he is trying to introduce to the club.

Your right. We absolutely need stability now and as you inferred, a period of time where he can work on things and see if he can consistently create what we have seen to date and in patches. I think a pre season (if we get one) will really help things in terms of what he is trying to do.

One final point - you mentioned your mates in Barnsley and it appears that the Barnsley support idolises him. That has to count for something. 

If the guy is a fraud and “won’t” be able to cut it in Scotland then over a full season how on earth did he get Barnsley out of League 1 where there were a lot of bigger teams than Barnsley in the same division.

Unless he guessed his way out of the division tactically I don’t have an Alternative explanation other than the guy knows exactly what he is doing and what he is trying to achieve. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Stendel made mistakes. Scottish managers make mistakes as well, Levein is a recent example. I just don’t buy, in the slightest, that the league is so special we need someone knowledgable in Scottish football to succeed. In fact I think it’s ridiculous. 

Good for you mate